[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without going full /pol/ Did Vince overreact to the Hulk Hogan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (477 KB, 456x500) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
477 KB, 456x500
Without going full /pol/

Did Vince overreact to the Hulk Hogan saying "nigger"? Throwing him and erasing him from the WWE?
>>
No, the wwe would've gotten even more bad PR because of the gimmicks in the past
>>
I'm 99% sure Vince only did that so WWE doesn't get more "bad publicity".

Only reason. I'm also sure Vince often uses the word himself, he even used it in a backstage segment with Cena telling him "keep it up my nigga" though nigga=/=nigger
>>
It was necessary to avoid the bad publicity, but now the work to gradually phase Hulk back into WWE has begun. They've even stopped turning away people with Hulk signs anymore.
>>
Going full /pol/ here, of course they did the right thing.

Hogan allowed his daughter to date a nigger, and even worse, allowed his son to become a wigger.
>>
>>1174835

They had no choice. It would have been a shitstorm if they had kept him on. WWE has been slowly cultivating a very specific image and anything that challenges that is unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure Hogan was basically told that he's getting released and erased temporarily. Maybe a couple of years until it's all blown over and he's resuscitated his image away from WWE.

With Hogan being seen as the victim in the Gawker trial he's slowly doing that so I expect he will be back at some point.
>>
>>1174873
He'll never resuscitate that image. SJWs now run every level of government in this country, not to mention the entire mainstream media. Unless Trump is elected and builds wall, Hogan will never live this shit down.
>>
>>1174835
No. Americans get so, so butthurt about racism and think it's the worst thing of all time. Throwing Hogan under the bus was necessary to avoid a shitstorm of bad PR.
>>
Hogan was clearly drugged or drunk in that video
>>
File: ahead-of-myself.gif (930 KB, 300x189) Image search: [Google]
ahead-of-myself.gif
930 KB, 300x189
>>1174928

>never an excuse brother
>>
Had to give Hulk nothing to lose so that he'd run as Trump's VP.
>>
Remember when Vince McMahon called Booker T a nigga on PPV?
>>
File: 1459416763606.jpg (98 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1459416763606.jpg
98 KB, 500x336
He'll be back eventually. If they're cool with Austin's wife-beating, bad words on a private phone call shouldn't be too problematic.

Oh, and when he dies, you know they'll have a massive tribute.
>>
>>1175096
Saying nigger is way worse than wife beating, don't you know that? Ugh!
>>
They already mentioned him on Raw right after the Gawker trial ended, he'll be back before you know it as soon as America goes to be outraged about a more relevant celebrity.
>>
Asked vince and he told me they will as soon as they put benoit on the hall of fame!

just wait for it brother!
>>
>>1174841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcjZrBc4QcU
>>
>>1175175
It's complete bullshit that they would do that to Hogan just because of saying nigger when they have made jokes about saying nigga in the show.

This Booker T thing was an in-joke btw, a callback to years ago when Booker T called Hulk Hogan (of all people!) a nigga on live TV. You can pinpoint the exact moment Booker realizes he fucked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkfhS255dfo
>>
>>1175209
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkfhS255dfo
booger looks like the rock
>>
No, fuck Hogan. He is an utter cunt, the only people defending him in public are WWE ambassadors (Steve Austin, JR etc) who are just testing the waters for his return.
>>
>>1175223
Booker looks like Booker
>>
File: Izumi_Shinichi.png (946 KB, 1130x765) Image search: [Google]
Izumi_Shinichi.png
946 KB, 1130x765
>Snuka kills his wife
>he gets removed
>Hogan says a bad word
>he gets removed
>Titus plays grab ass
>gets removed

I think Vince is just super autistic about his company's image that he'll boot anyone for even the smallest offense.
>>
>>1175350
One of these things is not like the others.
>>
The whole thing was overreacted.

I cant believe you get this kind of backlash for saying nigger.

[spoiler]Going full /pol/ now: I hope Trump wins and abolish all this political correctness BS[/spoiler]
>>
>>1174835
He's coming back, don't worry.
>>
>>1175110
The reason why they're okay is because it never got any attention. The world was a lot less politically correct back then and we could all forget easier. I assure you if he beat Debra today he's be blacklisted like that.
>>
>>1175350
>Snuka
>small offense
This is bait right? At least when Benoit killed his wife he had the decency to remove himself.
>>
He employs Michael Hayes still, what do you think?
>>
>>1176009
no proof he did anything, she could've taken too much drugs and jumped
>>
No. it's completely with in a companies right to fire and distance themselves from someone who does somethign racist or morally inethical.

Vince did kind of over react to titus yanking his arm though.

he'll probably be back in a year since Hogan won the Lawsuit but yeah, Vince did nothing that wasn't with in the companies best interests when firing Hulk Hogan.
>>
>>1175592
>Just got $140 Million
>ever doing wrestling appearances again
Nigga Hogan is gone for good. Hes going to be having threesomes with his wife and daughter on yachts until hes dead.
>>
>>1176131
I think hogan likes the fans enough to come back even if Gawker somehow does have that much money
>>
>>1176131
No you stupid tripfag, he'll stop being blacklisted.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.