[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be Objective About Reigns.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
There are tons of threads trashing the guy and I can understand why. I'm not a fan of this mega push at all. It's been handled in a fucking awful way and it grinds peoples gears to see someone who hasn't really "paid their dues" rise to the top so quickly but how much of the hatred is reasonable and how much is becoming full blown meme territory?

Is Reigns shit in the ring? -- It's safe to say that he's not a technical marvel but he's really not as terrible as people are making out. The main event was pretty crap at WM but I don't think that is really Reigns fault. He was perfectly serviceable in that match. It just wasn't very interesting.

I rewatched it and Reigns has some good momentum and his impact moves looks pretty decent. He could definitely do with adding more to his repertoire but there is no reason he can't.

He's had good matches with others as well. Before you bite my head off I'm not saying he's been in 5 star classics I'm just saying that he is far from a total write off as an in ring competitor. He's not Bret Hart but he's not bad. This is something that is blown out of proportion.

Not a bad seller either.

His mic skills.... This is harder to defend. He's pretty bad in this regard but I think a LOT of this is him being underserved by creative (Vince) by trying to make him something he is not.

He's the Rock's cousin. That does not mean that he can cut sarcastic, funny and charisma filled witty promos like The Rock. We're talking about one of the top 5 talkers EVER in the business so that's not much of a shock.

That doesn't mean Reigns can't get over and do good mic work with something closer to himself. When he's not trying to remember a bunch of suffering succotash (not his fault) he comes across much better. He's definitely more comfortable as a tweener as shown on Raw. As soon as he stopped being a try hard he looked good.
>>
>>1174743
>living paycheck to paycheck
>>
>>1174743
Fuck the promo shit. Cut him loose for a couple of them, dont give him more than a general direction and what the future is supposed to be.

See if he can cut a decent promo on his own. The shit he's being forcefed to say on the mic is god awful and doesn't suit the way he moves or anything.

Let him be more batista-like, more of a animal who is fighting for the top dog position, that's what made him likable in shield.
>>
Cont...

His expressions at Jeribro, AJ, Owens and Zayn going at it as he stood in the ring was much better stuff and his dismissive smile at the chorus of boos was good as well. He handled a hostile crowd better than most would.

Reigns isn't this absolutley dogshit performer he's just saddled with the wrong gimmick.

Do you turn him full heel or just tweak him into that tweener role? I think they will go with the latter and it could work.

Whatever happens he's not going anywhere so hopefully they fix this absolute clusterfuck up to this point. Reigns as a performer isn't the number one problem. He can get better and isn't awful right not. It's creative and the fact that they haven't nailed down his character yet.
>>
>It's safe to say that he's not a technical marvel but he's really not as terrible as people are making out. The main event was pretty crap at WM but I don't think that is really Reigns fault.

Reigns botched literally the first move in that match. And it was a headlock takeover. The most fucking basic exchange there is.

For a guy who's hyped up as stronger than Hercules there were only 3 power moves from him in that entire match. 1 of them was Triple H LEAPING onto his shoulders for a Samoan Drop and the others were botchy powerbombs that just showed off how legit weak he is.

He's a shit.
>>
Yes, he's not horrible dog shit, but he doesn't have that babyface look.

If he turn heel he would probably be over as fuck with the average smark.

One tweener promo and leddit is already inlove with him
>>
>>1174757
>He handled a hostile crowd better than most would.

According to who?
>>
>>1174761

According to me since it was my opinion. It's pretty easy to get flustered with a crowd like that and a few did (Charlotte.) Even Vince lost his train of thought there for a moment.

Reigns dealt with people booing the living fuck out of him pretty well.
>>
>>1174760
>If he turn heel he would probably be over as fuck with the average smark.

Explains why Sheamus has been getting all those smarky pops over the last year.

Oh, wait...
>>
>>1174761
Dave meltzer and bryan alvarez
>>
>>1174764
Being less awkward on the mic than Charlotte isn't exactly difficult.
>>
>>1174767
> Romark and his Sidekick
>>
>>1174765
Are you implying sheamoose doesn't get booed?
>>
>>1174774
That's the exact opposite of what I'm implying, dummy.
>>
>>1174779
I don't get it.

Why would you want to be cheered as a heel?
>>
>>1174783
I don't know, why don't you ask the Roman apologists that?
>>
>>1174784
This has nothing to do with them dumb cunt.

I said roman would be over with the smarks because he would be a great heel and actually get booed because the hardcore fans hates him
>>
>>1174788
>I said roman would be over with the smarks because he would be a great heel and actually get booed because the hardcore fans hates him

So like Sheamus?
>>
>>1174796
Sheamus is better being a face than a heel.

Especially having a stupid catchphrase like "FELLA"
>>
>>1174803
Forgot to add. The hardcore fans doesn't hate sheamus as bad as they hate roman.
>>
>>1174806
>>1174803
So this would help Reigns to get over with "the smarks" because...?
>>
>>1174955
Most smarks have no fucking clue what they ACTUALLY want. People clamour for Reigns to turn heel but then the exact moment he does turn heel, they'd get fucking bored of him because he has no real charisma, he'd just act like an asshole

And while yeah, being a natural asshole is a big part of what makes a good heel sometimes, the bigger part is fucking CHARISMA, which Reigns does not have. He has a good look for a heel, he has good body language for a heel, but do you honestly think Reigns has what it takes to carry a heel promo that isn't the boring as fuck dreck that we're subjected to on a fucking weekly basis? The only reason people want to turn him heel is because they want justification for booing him and that's all, and I guess that's fine but FUCK I wish people would stop acting like it would make the man something he clearly isn't
>>
>>1174749
piss off memer
your forced attempts are just sad now
>>
>>1174743
The guy fucking sucks, he will never be as successful as Big Match John. BMJ needs to bury this cunt.
>>
>>1174743
>Let's be Objective About Reigns.
okay

his matches are boring
his mic skills are bad
almost every segment he's been in since the shield split has been boring
>>
>>1174743
>Is Reigns shit in the ring?
his wrestlemania 32 match was literally 12 punches and 19 spears. he makes the 5 moves of doom look like variety. he's complete garbage in every aspect but looks. and even then, his gear is also shit.
>>
>>1174743
>I think a LOT of this is him being underserved by creative

I'm sick of that argument. yes, his lines are shit, but that doesn't account for him having zero charisma when he's delivering them, which is the much worse than the bad writing.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.