[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Roman was booked poorly, he's still pretty green and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 486x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 486x420
>Roman was booked poorly, he's still pretty green and should have moved up more naturally

Reasonable criticism.

>ROMAN THE WORST WRESTLER EVER I HATE HIM PERSONALLY HE IS AN ASSHOLE AND I WILL BOO HIM NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES

Cringe man-baby faggots.

Know the difference.
>>
>>1173576
>result is still the same
>reigns is still shit
>>
But he wasn't booked poorly, he was booked fantastically, and if he wasn't complete shit, then he'd be popular with that amazing booking. But he's not because he sucks too much.
>>
File: 1363064880713.gif (608 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1363064880713.gif
608 KB, 150x113
>>1174239
>he was booked fantastically
>>
>>1174248
Yea it was amazing booking. Anyone with any semblance of talent would be a huge star had they received the booking Roman got. It just didn't work for him because he's so bad.
>>
>>1174257
>>1174257
>it was amazing booking
kek
>>
>>1173576
Reigns will never, ever be good enough to deserve the spot he is in from a smark pov. He just doesn't have the talent. Business wise he should be there because he makes a lot of money.
>>
File: 1459462193010.gif (1 MB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
1459462193010.gif
1 MB, 191x200
>>1174239
>>1174257

You are totally confusing the concepts of a mega push and actual booking.

They're not the same thing and are not mutually exclusive either.

Roman got the ultimate push but the booking of his character has been utter dogshit and hasn't helped him at all once they stuck a rocket on to his ass. They completely botched the character from the start and have since been testing tweaked versions to see how people respond.

It's been a clusterfuck. A lot of which incidentally is not Roman's fault but here we are.
>>
>>1175027
That Roman can't cut a believable promo to sell anything that's happened or happening to him is his fault.

That his entire push is just a smorgasbord of the kinds of pushes and directions and booking other characters/wrestlers have gotten and succeeded with kind of proves that point.

He's not good enough to sell or make enjoyable the kind of push and booking he's gotten. The booking would be good if he was better.
>>
>>1175034

It's creatives fault that they saddled him with a TERRIBLE gimmick that didn't fit his character.

Yes, if he was better on the mic it would definitely help but there is no way in blue hell that "suffering succotash" and cutting "Jack in the Beanstalk" promos that are scripted for him is ever going to work. That is bad booking. That is shortsightedness.

Rock wouldn't be able to get that dreck over and if they didn't trust him enough to do his own organic promo then they should have realised that trying to do a sarcastic hip smarmy character like the Rock and script it on to Roman was fucking retarded.

Bad booking. Plain and simple.
>>
>>1175042
I would say Roman is just not naturally charismatic. Besides his voice makes me want to fall asleep every time, it's terrible.

Remember how that one tater tots line was actually quite solid but then he ran it to the ground constantly repeating it? Doubt that was planned but he hanged onto it and then he completely fucked it up.

Dude was even taking some stand-up lessons when he was injuried but that didn't help SHIT, it's like getting a random beta guy from high school and telling him to act alpha. It just won't work.
>>
>>1175042

Hes not that bad of a wrestler, one day he could be randy orton, but hes in the perfect shitstorm of bad character, poor promo skills, and no real heels to put him over that the fans give a shit about, save for mcmahon. They made the companys hottest face the number one contender because there are literally no heels for him to go over
>>
I didn't the him so much last year, even after winning the Rumble it wasn't that bad, he wasn't prepare but he could work on it, at that point it was creative's fault. He lost, it was OK.

But then he was booked as the top baby face again, and he showed he didn't improve I'm anything. His ring skills were still mediocre at best, his mic skills got worse, his selling were awful as always. It was pretty obvious at that point that he doesn't love this business as other superstars, who have waaay more talent, does.

You can see how he never appears on recap videos or videos about old WWE superstars like Dean, Seth or Cena. He never appears because he knows shit about wrestling, because he never wanted to be a wrestler, and that's the main problem with him. He doesn't deserve this push, and even after he received it, he didn't do anything to improve any of his skills.
>>
> green

He's been wrestling since 2010.

>>1175014
>Business wise he should be there because he makes a lot of money.

He can't even outdraw Sheamus vs. Orton in 2015
>>
>>1173576
He wasn't booked poorly.
He just has poor skills, clearly NOT fit to be THE guy.
And worst of all - he didn't change ever since The Shield broke up.

In other words - he's dogshit.
inb4 - cringe man-baby faggot
>>
>>1173576
watch the mania main event and tell me you aren't bored shitless by his 5-move schtick
>>
>>1175116
I wouldn't even call it 5 moves, honestly.
>punches and picking someone up while in a submission
every roman match
>>
>>1175130
Rarely from what I see he even stopped doing the samoan drop

Right now besides punches it's
>superman punch
>spear
>apron dropkick
>that one powerbomb

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>1175133
>rarely
meant to say lately, what the fuck
>>
>>1175057

>AJ Styles
>"hot"

Topkek
>>
>>1175133
his samoan drop is fucking godawful. I bet there's people who've never stepped foot in samoa with no heritage who can do it 10x better. Such an easy move too

Even the ushits can pull off a great samoan drop
>>
>>1175148
>I bet there's people who've never stepped foot in samoa with no heritage who can do it 10x better.

Ryback fucking does it better!
>>
>>1174239
>he was booked fantastically

Alright either this is the laziest bait I've ever seen on this board, or you are for real retarded.
>>
>>1174257
>amazing booking
Did you watch the royal rumble? That alone fucked him
>>
>>1174257
People this retarded actually exist kek
>>
File: O_RLY.jpg (15 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
O_RLY.jpg
15 KB, 438x400
Bryan around WrestleMania 30:

>"I'm doing this for these people! It's all about these people! These people like me!"

>"YES! Crush Vince's dream, Bryan! Put an end to 10 years of phony garbage overcoming of odds!"

>Gets slapped and hit by Stephanie McMahon and does nothing

>No-sells everything and overcomes the odds and hugs a cancer child

>fights Kane afterwards alongside his boyfriend Brie Bella

>Smarks say "finally someone new for a change!"

Roman Reigns around WrestleMania 32:

>Doesn't bring dozens of plant-fans in Che Guevara shirts to the ring, does everything as a lone badass just like Austin, even though Bryan was the one trying to copy Austin and failed

>"I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, I'm just the guy"

>"T-t-ten more years!! Ten more years I can't take it!! SAME OLD SHIT SAME OL- OH WAIT I CAN'T SWEAR IN MY EDGY CHANTS THAT'S NOT PG I LOVE PG"

>spears Stephanie McMahon and doesn't apologize to feminists the day after

>Fights a long, believable match in cool black attire against 1/3rd of the opponents Bryan kicked 'oh-so-crispily' at WM30, and no Komen ribbons in sight

>Handles rabid boos without trying to pander the next day, faces someone he didn't fight before at the next PPV

>Smarks say "C-C-CENA 2.0!!!!1 CENA 2.0!!!1"
>>
>>1175258
A guy like Tyler Breeze would kill to be booked "badly" like Reigns has.
>>
just
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>1173576
>can't just genuinely dislike them to the point you won't enjoy anything they do ever

im never gonna like him cause everything about him rubs me the wrong way
>>
>>1175288
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>1178092
It's a shit copypasta he's attempting to force a meme out of
>>
>>1178087
Hit the showers
Lift some weights
Get a clue
>>
>>1178099
Go away Roman
18+
Have sex
Please touch a breast
Feel a vagina
>>
>>1173576
The reasonable criticism is accurate and the bullshit over reaction is gay. Agreed.

But even if the first observation is true. What can you do about it? Best you can try to do is enjoy him for what he is and have fun watching his matches, because objectively he is green but he's not terrible at his job. I enjoy watching him develop into the role he's been placed in. Yeah someone else should have his "spot" but people don't get what they deserve they get what the business sees fit for them based on the business' requirement, like every industry. And they needed a new top baby face so they're making one based on a guy who looks marketable because that's a logical place to start.

Welcome to every promotion ever.

Actually this happened with a lot of the guys new Japan tried to push as their ace and they all turned out pretty good. On the other hand, Noah tired to only give these spots to "deserving" guys and no real new aces got made.

Best to get on board or quit watching imo. But if you wait it out guys like this tend to end up good.
>>
>>1178124
>But if you wait it out guys like this tend to end up good.

Yeah, remember when Warrior, Luger & Diesel became GOATs?

Oh...wait...
>>
>>1178130
There was no pressure for them to improve so they didn't.

There is a lot of pressure for Roman to improve so he will.
>>
>>1178141
Because he's improved so much over the past couple of years...
>>
>>1178130
Remember when Okada and Nakamura ended up goats? They were shit. The class NJ picked as the chosen ones were Shibata, Nakamura, Tanahashi. Nakamura was considered the golden boy at first but developmentally was slow as fuck, awkward, clumsy, and couldn't get over year after year. But they persisted with his push and expected a lot of him and he became a top 10 HW in the world. I'm saying Reigns will be as good but my point stands.
>>
>>1178141
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Why do people give Roman so much shit for promos that he has no say in?
>>
>>1173576

Well he DOES seem like kind of a smug asshole in non-kayfabe interviews.

But that's about the 12th thing that's wrong with his character.
>>
>>1178212

He doesn't get a say in the writing, so that's not on him.

The delivery is though.
>>
>>1178224
You try delivering shit with a hostile crowd.

Even BMJ, who was in the same position as Reigns, had some some serious cringes inducing segments with his delivery. Check the pre-rumble promo 2013.
>>
>>1175288
You're trying very hard
>>
>>1178141
Is there really?
>>
>>1178212
Smarks who boo Roman don't realize he's just a company man doing what the company requires of him.
>>
File: bo-party-hats-650x372.png (342 KB, 650x372) Image search: [Google]
bo-party-hats-650x372.png
342 KB, 650x372
>>1178245
>You try delivering shit with a hostile crowd.

This guy managed just fine.
>>
>>1178151
So you're saying we send Roman to be a job boy in another country for a few years, got it.
>>
>>1174239

>booked fantastically
>HEY LETS BOOK HIM LIKE CENA SUFFERING SUCCOTASH SON
>HEY LETS BOOK HIM LIKE DANIEL BRYAN PRE WM30
>HEY LETS BOOK HIM LIKE ORTON PRE WM25
>HEY LETS BOOK HIM LIKE ANYONE BUT HIMSELF
>>
>>1175288

I'll ignore the copypasta and make a point.

AJ is getting fed to Roman so Vince can say fuck you to TNA and the indie smarks. MY GUY IS BETTER THAN YOUR GUY DAMMIT!
>>
>>1178141

The locker room threatened to quit on Vince if Luger got a push over Bret Hart.
>>
>>1178467
>Seth buries Sting
>Roman will bury AJ
>>
>>1178245

Bo Dallas was hated on NXT when he won the belt off Big E. He managed fine.
>>
>>1178467

so Nakamura and Asuka are dead on arrival on the main roster because Vince can't into asians outside of comedy jobber roles for shit. You think blacks are underrepresented? shit at least they had SOME main wwe belts.
>>
>>1178480
Asuka will never be on the main roster so she's fine
>>
>>1178490

she's no spring chicken. unless she has the longest NXT Women's title reign while building up new stars then leaves I don't see it. Unless they give Athena the mega push I don't see anyone beting Asuka for the belt anytime soon.
>>
>>1178480
Nakameme will be in the League of Nations
>>
>>1178496
> building up new stars
Lol
So you didnt see the bayley match then
>>
>>1178544
>Bayley goes out like a champ and doesn't give up
There is nothing wrong with Asuka winning. It's time for Bayley to move on
>>
>>1178563
Asuka made her look like shit. She couldnt accomodate a lesser wrestler like truly good wrestlers can
>>
>>1178600
>Asuka made her look like shit
Popular consensus is that the match was awesome. Whether you like it or not, it elevated Bayley further in the eyes of most. Her credibility is undamaged.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.