[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how well do you reckon a pro wrestler would do in a real fight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: randy savage.jpg (43 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
randy savage.jpg
43 KB, 500x281
how well do you reckon a pro wrestler would do in a real fight?
>>
>>1172240
Many of them would do great, macho man himself was a hard motherfucker that knocked another wrestler that was holding a gun out in one punch
Brian Pillman was known as the hardest dude in Calgary
Rick Rude was a bouncer that used to knock people out with just an open hand slap
Harley Race had double tendons and was tough as they come
Etc
Etc
Etc
>>
File: tumblr_monzryz0ki1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg (103 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_monzryz0ki1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg
103 KB, 642x722
>>1172240
google Haku/Meng stories.
>>
What do you mean real fight? Like a street fight, or like UFC?

Most would probably wreck in a street fight, in a fight against people trained in martial arts, probably about the same as you, 5 seconds.
>>
>>1172249
Notice though that these are all older guys from a tougher generation.

Current guys who either came from better backgrounds or simply don't live a rough-and-tumble life just don't get that kind of exposure and whatnot.

Some of them have legit backgrounds though. Lesnar is a pretty obvious example. Nakamura competed in mma. Baron Corbin was a two time state golden gloves champ and a state bjj champ. Etc etc.
>>
>>1172240
>jacked the fuck up and with great conditioning

I imagine the average one would do pretty well. And that's not touching their technical expertise accrued just from learning to properly apply basic shit like hammerlocks.
>>
>>1172255
Yeah i was going to mention Corbin and Slater but i couldnt be bothered. Also Dorito
>>
>On November 30, 2002, Liger was booked as a replacement for a mixed martial arts match in the Pancrase organization against Minoru Suzuki due to his planned opponent, Kensuke Sasaki, being forced to pull out due to injury. In what would be Liger's only MMA match, and Suzuki's last non-worked match, Liger was easily beaten by Suzuki via rear naked choke at 1:48 into the first round. After a failed attempt at an Abisegeri, Liger was quickly mounted and hit with Suzuki's ground and pound until the choke was applied, forcing Liger to tap out. Liger wore a modified version of his mask during the bout.
>>
>>1172267
> outraw midgets
Wow its fucking nothing.jpeg
>>
>>1172267
That's kinda slanted (lol slanteyes) because not every fight will be fought against a fucking pro cage-fighter.
>>
Ryberg would kill CM Phil irl.
>>
>>1172251

Is he still supposed to be fighting at UFC 199? I will withdraw all savings and bet it on Mickey Gall
>>
Brock, for sure. Cena for sure. Ambrose for sure.

I'm talking main roster guys just because overall there would be too many decent examples.
>>
>>1172287
> cena for sure
Why for sure? He doesnt give off that vibe at all
>>
>>1172294
Cena recovers from injuries in startling times and is legit mongoloid strong
>>
>>1172294
Big strong agile mostly.

There is also some hidden camera shit with prototype cena scaring the shit out of people.
>>
>>1172300
>>1172303
Good points
He looks like he wouldnt be able to throw decent punches though 2bh
>>
>>1172312
That's just the fact that he can't throw a worked punch.
If anything, his terrible technique in wrestling shows that he's so terrified of landing an actual blow that he's willing to make himself look like a nitwit.
Some real world of cardboard shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_5UwS57X8
>>
>>1172312
I found that video of cena

https://youtu.be/G5ItFI7if3c
>>
>>1172267
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKh-dTthhY
>>
>>1172318
> cena swearing
Feels strange
>>
>>1172240
Depends on if they actually wrestled before.

http://www.thesportster.com/wrestling/top-15-professional-wrestlers-with-an-amateur-wrestling-background/?view=all
>>
File: Issue137.png (716 KB, 500x768) Image search: [Google]
Issue137.png
716 KB, 500x768
Its interesting because guys you'd think are badasses are total bitches IRL.
for example:
>JBL getting knocked out cold by fucking Joey Styles kek
>Goldberg getting rekt by fucking manlet Chris Jericho

I've seen plenty of shoots in my time and I know for a fact these following guys are legit badasses and would rekt most guys in a fight
> Scott Steiner
> Brock Lesnar
> Haku
> RVD
> Undertaker

Tough Guys on screen who I suspect of being total bitches IRL are
> Triple H (Multiple people claim hes a pussy and always backs down from confrontations)
> John Cena
> Kevin Nash
> Roman Reigns
> Braun Strowman
>>
>>1172377
Tazz was/is also a bitch
>>
>>1172377
> RVD
Lolwut
You sure m8
>>
>>1172377
>That story about HHH saying that Angle should not be pushed cause he doesnt think he looks tough enough.
>Pat Patterson telling Hunter to legit wrestle Angle then and prove that.
>Hunter sits down and shuts up.
>>
>>1172393
Top kek exactly, HHH is a little big nosed bitch
>>
>>1172391
pick a hand
>>
>>1172391
RVD reportedly slapped Tazz back in ECW and oompa loompa didn't even slap back

Also he wanted to fight Jericho and Jericho pussied out
>>
>>1172314
>superman doesn't kill milions
what is this shit? why is he a hero?
>>
Regal seems like a guy that would wreck somebody in a fight. And Barrett used to do bare knuckle boxing or something.

Also what about Bob Holly? I know he was known backstage as a bully and beat the shit out of guys in the ring when they stepped over the line. But i personally havent heard any stories of legit fights with him or not if anybody stood up to him.
>>
>>1172391
He has legit background in martial arts.
>>
>>1172427
I heard Bob Holly wanted to fight Kevin Nash and Nash backed down.
>>
>>1172427
Holly used to make money through bareknuckle fights before he got into wrestling, you should read his book its great

Also relevant to the subject is this quote from him that i just posted in the general

“Nash is the biggest seven-foot-tall pussy I’ve ever seen in my life and Bret Hart would have eaten him for lunch. I’d tell Nash that to his face, too – because he wouldn’t do jackshit to me.”
>>
>>1172282
>putting all your money into a single ufc fight
good luck explaining to your wife what happened in the (possible) event the guy you bet on loses.
>>
>be british
>read in "the sun" newspaper that a fight started in a pub .ok.jpg
>davey boy smith
>used running powerslam through table to defeat opponent
>>
>>1172393
>Angle gets rekt by an amateur MMA fighter
>>
>>1172477
>implying anyone here had a wife
Top kek anon
>>
File: cro-cop-ko-s-dos-caras-jr-o.gif (2 MB, 320x237) Image search: [Google]
cro-cop-ko-s-dos-caras-jr-o.gif
2 MB, 320x237
>>1172265
He may have gotten ktfo but respect for having the balls to get in there with cro cop when he was mother fucking cro cop
>>
>>1172253

There are exceptions like Lesnar though, right?
>>
>>1172427
Regal took on adults when he was 16 in athletic shows in Blackpool.
>>
>>1172517
Dynamite Kid sounds better though the other guy would get punched out.
>>
>>1173312
he also beat the shit out of some guys beating up his ring announcer at a bar, before it became 4 on 1 against him, he still put up a good fight according to people who saw it.
>>
Sean O'Haire fought Butterbean in a MMA fight once
>>
>>1172520
But he didn't. The mma kid wasnt wrestling, and angle was. The kid lost as soon as he put angle in that hold
>>
Quck reminder that Yoshi fuggen Tatsu rekt Sheamus
>>
File: shane-mcmahon.png (315 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
shane-mcmahon.png
315 KB, 600x450
The majority of wrestlers usually don't concentrate on solely pro wrestling and usually look in at traditional martial arts, mma etc so they'd probably do pretty well
>>
>>1175241
>lost
He'd have had his shoulder snapped dude
>>
>>1175248
So if someone agrees to a boxing match and knocks their opponent out with a kick that should count as a win? Anyone who knows anything about fighting/wrestling saw the dumbass didn't want to get rekt by angle so he put in an illegal hold
>>
>>1172240
Against the average joe? Very well. These dudes are jacked, in great condition (excepting fatties like Owens) and probably have at least a basic knowledge of some holds if they use those moves in the ring.
>>
>>1172377
>Strowman
>bitch
m8 he could seriously wreck the average man just with his size and strength alone. When you're against a guy who doesn't know how to fight, size really does make a huge difference.
>>
>>1172520
Who used an illegal hold that Angle didn't expect would happen due to that fact. In an actual street fight with his guard up against everything, things might have went differently.
>>
>>1172377
how is jericho a manlet exactly?
>>
>>1176420
Dude hes under 6', do you honestly believe his billed height? Kek the guy is like 5' 9"
>>
>>1172255
so what are you asking? How would the current roster do in a street fight?

I'd think pretty poorly. Outside of say the brutes, like The League of Nations everyone else would get recked. Also Roman, gotta keep him looking strong.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.