[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open hand palm strikes vs closed fist punch. Discuss pros and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 752x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 752x195
Open hand palm strikes vs closed fist punch.
Discuss pros and cons.
Personally, I prefer slapping even if you look like a bitch you can strike harder and you get half the risk of artrithis.
>>
>>1172222
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiGQIh-6Kdo

Bas Rutten said he could inflict more damage with open palm strikes due to the few extra inches the palm has to travel to hit and also less risk of injury.
>>
>>1172323
Bas Rutten is a bro tier man 2bh
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 478x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 478x307
>tfw this and the eternal skateboarding thread are the only non-wwe threads on the first three pages
/asp/ was good...
>>
>>1172513
I did a bit of filtering.
I currently have 100 threads auto-filtered.
And that cancerous shitsperg is so active that there's constantly new memes that I have to filter.

I wish they'd at least be forced to use the WWE tag in their subject line.
>>
Both are useful. The general rule is punch to softer targets, palm strike to harder targets.
>>
>>1172222
I use the middle version. The "wet fish" strike is the best of both worlds, the blunt force trauma of the closed fist with the longevity of the open palm technique
>>
>>1172513
pretty sad, i used to come here for the theory crafting martial arts arguments and there were some great threads. i wish mook would have thought twice before sending the skeevy wrestling fans here
>>
Fist
>longer reach
>>
>>1172637
I'm here for the wrestling but I kinda feel bad for the people who where here before
>>
>>1172527
basically this

it depends on application. I'll open palm a head unless I see a super clean shot on the button has opened up, and body shots are a closed fist.
my fists are conditioned too, I never wear hand wraps or anything so I'm not worried about hurting myself, but the greater surface area of the palm strike carries a better stun factor, which is really what you are looking for with head shots in the first place.

people who go for standing knock outs off of punches don't know how to fight, that's what elbows are for.
>>
>>1172222
>I prefer slapping even if you look like a bitch you can strike harder and you get half the risk of artrithis.
This is what retards who don't train believe. Jesus Christ.
>>
Almost everybody is wearing shoes in the streets.

Almost nobody is wearing even leather gloves in the streets.

>street fighting on sturdy, 1st world good grip concrete while wearing 1st world shoes
>not using Tae Kwon Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrYXd8NlhCs&nohtml5=False [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_hso2KV0A&nohtml5=False [Embed]
>>
>>1172652
There were actual WWE generals and both regular fun threads. During events the board was more flooded but it quickly died down.
It was nothing on the level of what's currently happening. And I'm pretty sure you don't actually have to kick WWE out ,just moderate it to avoid the absolute flood of meaningless 40 posts threads.
Seeing the threads around here before , I didn't understood the /sp/ ban. But if it was something of that magnitude ,then it was no fucking wonders
>>
>>1173307
I think savate would be better. It holds the distance way better than TKD and you have an okay boxing. Also you do train with shoes.
Granted it'll probably be harder to find when not in France
>>
>>1173346
>Savate
I hope you mean Defense de la Rue.
>>
Fist for soft targets palm for hard. Why is this even a question, this is basic shit.
>>
>>1174084
The foundation of what you believe is true could be very, very wrong.
>>
>>1174134
Lets see, hitting hard things (like someone up side their head) with fist tends to damage the fist more then the target. Hitting soft things with a palm strike distributes the force and makes it not as effective as concentrating the force on the knuckles.

Both of these things become pretty obvious when you hit someone with some kind of force behind it with no wraps or gloves.

But if you have something to say to the contrary then present your evidence so I can laugh at you.
>>
>>1174162
The foundation of what you believe is true could be very, very wrong.
>>
>>1173341

On Sp it was literally one containment thread. You guys have no idea how much worse it is here.

The fags over at /sp/ literally couldn't handle one general and cried to mook about it.
>>
>>1174307
Can't we tell /sp/ to go here and see what their whining caused?
>>
>>1173307
>Tae Kwon Do
>Literally korean rip-off karate.
>>
>>1174212
Prove me wrong then faggot.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.