[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Jim Cornette?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
What are your thoughts on Jim Cornette?
>>
An outdated, irrelevant, bitter geezer.
>>
Is a an expert on professional wrestling and a legend. Should be in the HoF but hes shit on WWE so much I don't think he'll ever get in.
>>
>>1170771
Good booker with unfortunately outdated ideas.
>>
>>1170787
But hes not wrong. Cornette is very anti-flippy shit. Hes right. Flippy shit will never be a draw.

Top 3 Draws in WWE History:
1 Hulk Hogan
2 The Rock
3 Stone Cold

What do these 3 men have in common?
>they are all above 6'
>they can cut an amazing promo
>they dont do flippy shit

These vanilla midgets like Neville, Apollo Crews, Sami Zayn, etc will never draw
Real money is guys who can tell a story because thats what wrestling is, story telling.

Yeah that flippy shit is impressive - for about 5 minutes then it gets old real quick.
>>
>>1170806
>Calling Apollo Crews a Vanilla Midget
>6'1 240 lbs.

It's starting to draw. Just because it didn't draw in the past doesn't mean it can't draw now. Also, False Cause. The fact they don't use aerial attacks doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could. If a small guy had the promo skills of Stone Cold and the acrobatics of Kalisto, you bet your ass they'd be world champion.
>>
>>1170806
>Flippy shit will never be a draw.

Literally the entire country of Mexico refutes this.

Neville & Zayn are some of the best storytellers in the company, too.

> Dean Mark
>>
Wants pro wrestling to actually feel legit and not be a complete joke yet is shat on relentlessly on by tryard modern smarks
>>
>>1170848

> I love bill Watts
>>
>>1170771

Legendary promo and manager.

Way too impressed with himself as a booker (even without getting into whether or not he's in touch with modern wrestling, this is still the guy who managed to kill his own territory).

Has a very specific idea of what proper wrestling is, which doesn't seem to match up well with what draws these days (or sometimes what drew back in his glory days either).
>>
I love his stories about the crazy shit they did in the old days.
>>
>>1170848
> actually feel legit

...have you SEEN a Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards match?
>>
>>1170864
Yeah, looks like embarrasingly bad fake mma between two bantamweights
>>
I can listen to him talk all day long. He's got that voice that keeps you hooked into what he's talking about.
>>
>>1170871
And that's the sort of stuff Cornette was jerking off to while ROH fans crapped all over it
>>
>>1170771
The man loves his hamburgers
>>
>>1170771
Cornette flipping out at DQ is in the top 10 GOAT youtube videos
>>
>>1170877
This, I fall asleep listening to his shoots every night. Cornette is love Cornette is life
>>
Right about most things, but 100% wrong about Vince Russo
>>
I'm pro Cornette.
>>
>>1170771
I agree with him on a lot of things but he seems like a real blowhard in other areas. Like when he talked about Joey Ryan's dick flip and he talked shit about colt cabana for being a good. Like lighten up bro, it dosent have to be serious all the time
>>
>>1172487
For being a *goof
>>
>>1172487
>>1173281
His "huh duh expose the business" talk is retarded, comedy wrestling has been a tradition for as long as the type of wrestilng he masterbates over, he's a smart guy and a great talker, but so chained to a really small definition of what pro wrestling can be (what he personally likes and was brought up with).
>>
>>1173304
/thread
>>
>>1170806
rey mysterio

is a huge draw
>>
File: 1434932548131.jpg (18 KB, 185x282) Image search: [Google]
1434932548131.jpg
18 KB, 185x282
>>1173304
>>1173319
>this thread managed to be more reasonable than /wooo/ ever was about the Jim Cornette

wow
>>
File: Jim_Cornette_The_4bf3b1aba1176.jpg (308 KB, 470x602) Image search: [Google]
Jim_Cornette_The_4bf3b1aba1176.jpg
308 KB, 470x602
>>1170771
>Stares directly into the camera during an interview about Vince Russo

Russo sue my fucking ass and suck my dick while your at it.

Top kek
>>
He's fun to listen to when he isnt constantly shoving his liberal beliefs down the throat of the listener.

One of the greatest shoot guys there is

Knows the business

Knows who's talented.. even based fatass, he just didnt get along with him.

Burned bridges with basically every promotion in existance because hes brutally honest and speaks his mind

His Russo rants are funny

His story about the Bret and HBK shootfight happening while Jerry Lawler was taking a shit was funny

Hes a great fucking promo and he would of been the #1 person to induct boss man. Its a god damn shame he and WWE hate eachother.

Would be an amazing booker. Hes just out of touch in terms of storylines. He would however set up some great matches though because dude knows workrate when he sees it

Almost shot Brock Lesnar
>>
>>1173793

Historically, Cornette is kind of like Russo in one respect with booking - you absolutely need someone else involved keeping him on a leash or he'll disappear up his own arse and start doing stupid shit because he's scrabbling for ideas and there's no-one to stop him from jumping at the first way out he sees.
>>
Great talker and he was a good booker in the past but his TNA and RoH runs show that he's now fucking delusional and awful at knowing what fans want
>>
>>1170771
i like his dangerfield impression its at about 12 mins in

https://youtu.be/rFeZiYf5BtM
>>
File: 1458083034802.png (223 KB, 1300x350) Image search: [Google]
1458083034802.png
223 KB, 1300x350
was I close?
>>
>>1170771

Immensely entertaining. Great historian. Very interesting man.

Completely overrated as a booker and so far up his own ass bro is going to suffocate. Hearing for years that Cornette is a booking genius and then watching the racist hillbilly bullshit that was Smoky Mountain and arguably the most boring ROH era convinces me this guy is a great manager but is creatively stuck in the 80s.

With that said, I still love Cornette. I've talked to him a few times in e-mail. He's a brilliant hilarious and very nice man. I catch his show every week. Thank christ that crazy cunt Alice Radley is gone. She made that show so cringe.
>>
>>1170806
>flippy shit will never be a draw
keep in mind MMA wasn't a thing back then. Wrestling has to evolve and be different and appeal in other ways, otherwise you're just watching "fake mma"

(Though mma is worked like fuck in many ways in terms of booking, building, promos)
>>
>>1174053

In fairness, SMW drew fairly well for its time and place (because, well, racist hillbilly audience) until Cornette started doing the exact same thing that had killed the area in the 80s - booking a bunch of shit he couldn't or wouldn't follow through on and relying on outside stars to pop attendance.
>>
>>1174070

I respect that and I also respect that we're in a different time and place now. My only real exposure to SMW is a few videos on YouTube and most of that was the New Jack/Gangstas stuff. So I'm probably not giving it a fair shake.
>>
>>1174062
>breh ufc is just as fake
Love it when mandramatics try to make themselves feel better
>>
His middle name is Mark.
>>
the original spot monkey

he fell off a scaffold once 30 years ago and has milked it for everything it's worth.
>>
>>1174101

Yeah. That's far and away the most racially charged stuff with SMW.

The rest of the promotion wouldn't really change your mind though. It was mostly Cornette trying to do a cut-rate love letter to oldschool southern wrassling - lots of good talkers, heated angles and blood everywhere but short on the great matches and most definitely playing hard to the regional audience.
>>
Inferior to Russo
>>
>>1170772
>Autism
Not even once
>>
>>1170806
Argentina Rocca in the 50s was an flipper. Biggest star in NYC wrestling till Bruno.
>>
>>1174197
Don't you have a promotion to get blackballed from, Corny?
>>
>>1170771
Out of touch fucktard who's married to a pig.
>>
>>1175199
For real?
Pretty sure flippy shit in those days meant a ricky memeboatesquw head scissors. What sort of stuff did he do?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.