[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for you guys. Why are WWE fans so fucking STUPID?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: what.png (162 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
what.png
162 KB, 670x409
I have a question for you guys. Why are WWE fans so fucking STUPID?

The product has been shit for years and years and yet you all cling to some belief that it's going to get better, when anyone with half a brain stopped watching years ago.

You say things like "Wrestler X has so much charisma, he's great on the mic, he's awesome in the ring, etc", but all these positives are completely MOOT. Here's why:

>great on the mic, lots of charisma
What does this matter in the heavily scripted PG era? Gone are the days when Austin was improvising 3:16 promos on the fly. Even the best mic guys nowadays sound like robots reading from a garbage script. When was the last time a charismatic guy was allowed to go nuts on the mic like the Rock or Shawn Michaels?

>awesome in the ring
In a PG era with zero in-ring psychology, who cares? Matches nowadays are nothing but spotfests. Remember when Austin would fight the Rock for the title. All both guys talked about was how important the title was to them and when they were in the ring together, they fought like they hated each other and wanted that title more than anything. I watched the HHH/Reigns match from WM32 and did HHH even care about the title? Did Reigns? I didn't even get the sense that they disliked each other.

People cream their pants over Neville, but look how far he got. Look how far Bray got. Now people are happy that AJ is the #1 contender (after losing to a 40 year old part timer at Wrestlemania), but does anyone believe that he won't just be meat for the Roman Reigns title defense machine?

Seriously, dummies, get a brain.
>>
I just got into wrestling. I think it's neat.
>>
You're looking at it from too narrow of a view. Sure, the scripts and stories are garbage, but that's not all pgs fault. What many dislike is being forced to like someone who obviously can't hang on the mic or in the ring. Reigns being pushed this hard as the top guy is Vince shitting on the older fans who got him where he is today in order to keep and generate more towards their target demographic. As a business, it makes sense when done correctly, but Vince is Vince and he can easily fuck things up as much as he can build them. We are in a new age of wrestling that Vince doesn't understand, so MAYBE after he's gone things can find a balance
>TL;DR Vince is the reason shit sucks, not necessarily the idea of pg
>>
>>1165287
You cute lil thing you. You see, wwe is like being married. It's all cool at first, sex is good, everything seems fresh. After a few years tho, you see how nothing changes, and sex becomes an obligation, and basically it sucks your whole life away but you always come back for more.
>>
>>1165316
See when it got like that for me, I just stopped watching.
>>
>>1165319
This.
Then I came back.
I think it'll be fine to have a nice on and off relationship.
>>
>>1165279
Shane is apparently now 'running' RAW and I'm not going to lie, I very much so enjoyed last nights RAW more than WM32, and that's just fucking sad.

They've got some good stuff shining in the locker room, it's a matter of them figuring out how to put it together now. Dean and Trips had easily a match worth watching twenty times over compared to the WM main event, and roadblock might as well have been a house show.

They need to start working off of in-ring chemistry to decide who gets rivalries. That's what gets a good match.

>even nxt is showing up raw most nights
>>
I don't go to shows, don't buy PPVs or merch, and only tune in if I'm bored on Monday night
>>
For once OP is not a fag.

WWE fans explain yourselves.

So many "if they just..."

Yeah but they won't and you know they won't.
>>
I only watch wrestlemania and the royal rumble which I don't pay for, some Lucha Underground. I still like talking about old wrestling though.
>>
>>1165338

But this hasn't happened for around 15 years. You keep hoping for the "if they do this and that everything will be great", but they NEVER do "this and that".
>>
>>1165392
Not sure about you, but I enjoyed Cena's original few title feuds, and the subsequent CM Punk storylines. It's a shame they didn't know when to start changing things around to keep it interesting and keep from overpushing Cena.

They were the only memorable parts of those years though, with HBK and HHH filling in with their normal banter friendship/rivalry stories. I am seriously starting to wonder if they are missing their demographic, which now seems to mostly be people who grew up watching the attitude era, and might be looking for something less PG than the current product.
>>
>>1165279
Jokes on you, I stopped watching all the way back in 2001 during the God awful invasion angle.

I still come back every few years during Wrestlemania to see what's it like now.

It fucking sucks.
>>
>>1165279
What's the point of your thread though? I stopped giving any money to Vince a long, long time ago. I just like to keep an eye on the product because I love wrestling and what it can be if done right. NXT is a small step in the right direction, for example, but it's still far from being the kind of product I'd actually be willing to pay for. You just say "YOU'RE DUMB!" but don't suggest an alternative course of action. If your point is to tell us to stop watching then why the fuck do you even care? If you don't watch and don't care, why even have a thread about it?
>>
>>1165443

I watch things that I don't like, but I don't have some insane delusion that one day it will magically get better. WWE fans get all hyped up over Neville and Cesaro and hundreds of others only to be continually disappointed. I just wouldn't get hyped and watch the show.
>>
I just watch the big PPVs. Haven't seen Raw in years.

NXT weekly isn't bad though, and mercifully short even if it is bad.
>>
>>1165448
Do you think people throw parties for these "what if" scenarios or something? People just go "Maybe NOW they'll do it right. Nah! Fucking Vince trolling again.", which is the kind of disposition you have to be in to weather this ride. If you're just continually angry/disappointed at it when watching then it's an exercise in misery, m8.

It's fun to come up with ways in which they could save the product and then see how many wasted opportunities they let go by, probably one of the most entertaining parts of watching it aside from the actual wrestling (which gets shallower and shallower.) How will Vince fuck up next? Tune in next week to find out.
>>
It's about to get good again though. Roman is champion
>>
>>1165501
So you're saying all WWE fans are autistic fedora tipping cucknerds, interesting.
>>
>>1165501

Are you kidding me? People around here were practically blowing Neville. But the same thing happened to him that happened to almost EVERYONE ELSE over the last 15 years. But instead of learning their lesson they're doing the same thing with AJ Styles. He lost at WM and now he's going to be buried by Reigns. Bray hasn't won a major match in like 2 years.

Nakamura is in WWE now and AGAIN you're hearing about the all great thing Nakamura could accomplish according to WWE fans, but realistically, he has no chance.

If you want to complain about the fuckups, then fine, but to continually get all worked up over the next big thing (that won't be big) is insane to me.

I watched the X-Files until the bitter end, and I would bitch and joke about how much it sucked, but I wasn't one of those idiot fanboys that was all "ZOMG, did you next week's promo! Mulder will be back for 2 seconds! X-Files is back baby!"
>>
>>1165517
But everyone with any sense knows that AJ Styles is gonna be fed to Roman Reigns. We like him (well, I don't like him THAT much but whatever) and that's why we talk about him and how great it would be if he got a big push. People "practically blowing Neville", as you put it, is actually just people talking about a wrestler they like in an anonymous board. I still don't see what your problem is. Do you see many people here thinking they'll push AJ Styles over Roman? If you do (I might have missed those threads) then yeah I'd agree that they're delusional but other than that I don't even know what you're mad about.

>>1165512
Yes, also begging them to have sex and to stop being wageslaves.
>>
>>1165547
>Do you see many people here thinking they'll push AJ Styles over Roman?

That's not what I said, genius.

What I said was, people get all hyped up over AJ, only to have him be buried (same way Neville, Bray and almost everyone else was buried). But now that Nakamura is here, they're all hyping over him, (whilst ignoring what's happened to AJ, Neville, Bray, etc).

WWE plays you like a fiddle.
>new wrestler appears on Raw
>fans love him and think up endless possibilities
>wrestler gets buried within a few months
>fans move on to next wrestler that appears on Raw
>repeat for 15 years
>>
It was GOAT between 2012-2013

It's also a show you watch with and laugh with friends.

Not something you do alone. Holy shit I hope none of you here are watching alone.
>>
>>1165570
>It was GOAT between 2012-2013

No it wasn't. You're delusional.
>>
File: 1459817778340.png (145 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1459817778340.png
145 KB, 500x344
>>1165570
>tfw i watch every raw with my gf and get pissed off after every one and beat her
>>
>>1165584
GETTING JIGGY WITH THE BIG-E
>>
>>1165570
>2012-2013
>good
>>
File: 1459183799033.png (145 KB, 214x384) Image search: [Google]
1459183799033.png
145 KB, 214x384
>>1165584
>>
>>1165577
>>1165589

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan were headlining
The Shield was still together wreaking havoc
Ryback was fucking shit up/being awesome
Wyatt Family was actually menacing
Ziggler/AJ/Big E were cool BFFs. Ziggler was doing well.

The future looked so good.
>>
>>1165618
>john cena wins the royal rumble
>the same night cm punks 400+ day reign comes to the end at the hands of a part timer
>twice in a lifetime
Literal trash
>>
>>1165279
Agreed completely.

I only got back into wrestling recently after not watching for almost a decade. I'm probably going to stop watching again.

People were getting so excited about Cesaro and Enzo&Cass last night. Why? You know nothing is going to change, you know this "product" will shamble on, dying a little every year, until Vince dies.
>>
>>1165564
Well Seth Rollins got a push. KO got a push. Ambrose got a push. Sami Zayn might get somewhere.
There is hope because wwe gives people chances. The problem will always be that their writing is just terrible.
>>
>>1165626
That obviously happened in early 2012 and doesnt counter anything that he said.
>>
>>1165618
>The future looked so good.

No, it really didn't. The baseline shifted so low that you're OK with mediocre.
>>
>>1165657
>Well Seth Rollins got a push.

I'm not saying new people won't become champions, but Seth Rollins title run consisted of him feuding with Kane, Big Show, dealing with the Authority, and having J&J security helping him out. Not to mention the horribly written promos. Seth in 1998 would have been a megastar.

>KO got a push.
How's that going for him?

> Ambrose got a push.
Did you watch WM? Was Dean even at Raw?

You're assuming that all pushes are "good". You can't just give a wrestler a crappy script and slap a title on him. When was the last time WWE booked a wrestler to even 50% of their full potential.
>>
>>1165670
>Seth in 1998 would have been a megastar.
Hence I said the writing was bad.

>How's that going for him?
Wrecked Cena, stayed relevant, was the IC champion and will probably be entering into a better program now with Zayn. Will be a likely MitB winner along with Ambrose.

>Did you watch WM?
Yea, Ambrose looked better in the ring with Lesnar than Cena or Reigns.
The loss against Lesnar was sensible booking. To even be booked with Lesnar is an honor and looking good against him is a plus.
Ambrose has continued to remain over and relevant since the shield died. He's main evented several times and is still on the upper end of the card despite his less than spectacular ring work and character flaws.

>You're assuming that all pushes are "good"
Its better to remain relevant on the roster than get shipped back to NXT or Superstars.
You made it seem like every new guy that fans liked was getting buried in two months. Which is clearly not the case for the above mentioned. Smarks and marks alike still give a fuck about all of those people(unlike Neville) even though the writing is bad and no one lives up to their potential (old or new). You can't say that they are being completely ignored.
>>
>>1165618
>he liked bryan and punk headlining ppvs
>he likes ziggler
>he liked ziggler teaming with aj lee and big e
>>
>>1165719
Trying too hard
>>
>>1165712
>Hence I said the writing was bad.
Then you agree with me.

>Wrecked Cena, stayed relevant, was the IC champion and will probably be entering into a better program now with Zayn. Will be a likely MitB winner along with Ambrose.
You're delusional.

>Ambrose looked better in the ring with Lesnar than Cena or Reigns.
Irrelevant. He lost to a part timer and didn't even have a spot on the Raw after mania. You're really a delusional fanboy. It's fucking sad.
>Its better to remain relevant on the roster than get shipped back to NXT or Superstars.
You made it seem like every new guy that fans liked was getting buried in two months.
They will get buried. Only the rarest of the rare break through and even then it's all under tight WWE control. The days of wrestlers cutting cool promos off the cuff and trying new things are over.
>>
>>1165723
Trying too hard to what?
Those things sucked.
>>
>>1165564
I'm now quite sure you're just angry at the concept of people enjoying themselves in any way while watching the show. They do bury tons of talented wrestlers and even when they don't they use them in the worst ways possible, yeah, that's kind of what we don't like so when a new one that we do enjoy comes around we like to think up of ways they could be great. They frequently aren't because the show has become sub-par. Your suggestion is for us to "STOP BEING DUMB!" which doesn't amount to much. Would you like people to stop discussing the show altogether or to just make depressing comments about how it's shit all the time?

>WWE plays you like a fiddle.
Yeah, man, they put on several shows which I watch without putting a dime in their pocket. I don't even count for audience numbers. Vince is getting one over on me big time, that old fox.
>>
>>1165765
>Would you like people to stop discussing the show altogether or to just make depressing comments about how it's shit all the time?

When did I say that? Discuss the shows. What you liked, what you didn't like. But I have no idea how you can keep up this "Now that X is here everything is gonna be different! He's gonna be champ by the Rumble!" Only to have it NEVER EVER HAPPEN. It's so weird to me. After The Phatom Menace came out in theaters I knew the other 2 would suck, but I watched them anyway and talked about the stuff I liked and didn't like. I wasn't one of those delusional fandrones who kept believing that "episode 2 will turn it all around!" and "episode 3 will end the series on a high note!" The eternal optimism in the face of all previous history is mind boggling.
>>
>>1165759
>Then you agree with me.
Clearly not. I said that in my first post. My words were completely clear for the start.
> You're really a delusional fanboy.
Stating facts is delusion?
I guess you have to resort to that to feel good about your argument.
>They will get buried
Except that so far the most important ones havent been buried and you just hope that all the others in the NXT line up get buried so you can be right about something.
>>
>>1165800

>being this delusional

Seriously bro, I've got the last 15 years on my side. If you're happy with the way it's going, more power to ya.
>>
>>1165780
> But I have no idea how you can keep up this "Now that X is here everything is gonna be different! He's gonna be champ by the Rumble!"
But no one seriously believes AJ is gonna be put over Roman. Or that Nakamura is gonna jump from NXT to being champ. Or even Zayn or Owens or any other indie darling. I've ever seen anyone seriously advocating any of that outside of straight up fantasy booking, man. I would have dropped this conversation a long time ago but I honestly think you're mad at something that isn't even happening in the first place.
>>
>>1165805
You can stop posting now. Your 'argument' evaporated about 3 posts ago.
>>
>>1165287
Yeah i'm sure you like it because it's meant to attract autistic tards who are into my little pony and comic books.
>>
>>1165818
>But no one seriously believes AJ is gonna be put over Roman. Or that Nakamura is gonna jump from NXT to being champ.

You morons all mark out like crazy as soon as they show up and when they're buried in 2 months you move onto the next new guys to mark out to.

It's so insane.
>>
>>1165826

My argument has 15 years of history to back it up.

Yours is "Not everyone has been buried! I wanna suck Vince's cock!"
>>
>>1165338
What was there to enjoy? Same matches? Oh i get it your indy manlets got to the main roster. WWE is an indy promotion now, it even attracts these nerdy fucks.
>>
>>1165501
So wwe fans are at the same level of bronys. Fair enough.
>>
>>1165837
>so much this
>>
>>1165834
>Everyone is buried!
>No here are some examples of people who are not buried.
>B-b-but .... y-you're gay!
>>
>>1165830
So when guys we like show up we should just be mad about it? What are you expecting from us, m8? That we start booing at the internet stream? And, yes, it's very likely that Vince still fucks up their whole tenure with the show as usual. Most of us know this. It's not just them though, the whole show is fucked. People have been booing the main babyface for over a year kind of fucked. Doesn't mean we can't appreciate when a guy we like is on the show. I can see where you're coming from in disliking the product as it is (I know I do) but I don't get what you're mad at us for.
>>
>>1165852

I already said there's always going to be new faces. But you can be pushed so poorly that it's the equivalent of being buried. Seth's title run was one of the worst I've ever seen. I don't think he looked like a legit champ for even 1 title defense.
>>
>>1165857
>So when guys we like show up we should just be mad about it?

I would have more of a "meh" attitude. Most people get into this delusional frenzy that their appearance is going to amount to anything.

>I don't get what you're mad at us for.
I'm not mad, bro. It just opens my eyes when people can still believe that this new wrestler that you like has any chance in hell of being booked properly. Everytime the ratings/twitter followers/whatever goes down it seems like WWE throws the fans a bone in the form of some indy/NXT wrestler on Raw and it stops the bleeding for a few months. Then when the bleeding starts again they throw another new wrestler out. I don't get how this formula still works, but it does.
>>
>>1165839
In what way? Keep in mind, I know next to nothing about bronies. If the ponies have bad booking and terribly scripted promos and yet they still keep watching then maybe.
>>
>>1165279
>WWE
>spotfests

Yeah no.
>>
>>1165279
Wrestling is a soap opera.
People watch them good or bad.
Characters they like might be shafted or even killed off.
In wrestlings case they get beat or buried.
But you don't hear your average stay at home mom bitch and bitch and bitch about her soaps.
Only wrestling fans bitch and bitch and bitch about wrestling.
Wrestling clearly has set up a pyramid of "success" and we all cry when our favs aren't at the top.
Wrestling was greatest unscripted and given to the hands of the wrestlers.
But that causes a lot of shit too, like when Christian shit all over john cena on the mic and had to hold back.
Not to mention a shitload of real life heat in the back.
Look at how many guys got legit shut canned cause they pissed off cena or ortan or H
>>
>>1165921
>But you don't hear your average stay at home mom bitch and bitch and bitch about her soaps.

1. Soaps ratings are so low most of them have been cancelled. (not really their fault, times change)

2. When they were all on, they knew how to keep the viewer interested on a daily basis. WWE can't even keep the viewer interested on a weekly basis.

3. Soaps were all about inserting who was a young, hot character. WWE does the exact opposite.

Your analogy is stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 732x861) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 732x861
WWE don't give a fuck

Barret is the weakest link because he won't renew his WWE contract

top fucking kek
>>
>>1165304
>... Vince shitting on the older fans who got him where he is today

Are you serious? Reigns is the prototypical WWF/E fan's champion (barring his piss-poor mic skills). Vince is shitting on hatewatching smarks.
>>
>>1165930
His analogy was spot-on, actually. You just don't like wrestling being called out for what is, an action-oriented soap-opera.

>1. Wrestlings' ratings are so low most of them have been cancelled. (not really their fault, times change)

>2. When they were all on, they knew how to keep the viewer interested on a daily basis. WWE can't even keep the viewer interested on a weekly basis.
All you did was agree with anon.

>3. Soaps were all about inserting who was a young, hot character. WWE does the exact opposite.
Completely not true. Soaps kept the same main cast for years, and all the big storylines revolved around them. The televised promotions were/are the same way.

Everything you post sounds like outlel angst, tbqh.
>>
>>1166137
>>1. Wrestlings' ratings are so low most of them have been cancelled. (not really their fault, times change)

Uh, no they haven't. Raw and Smackdown are still there. WCW and ECW were bought, and TNA is still there. What are you talking about.

>All you did was agree with anon.
No I didn't. Soap Opera writers know what to give their viewers. WWE doesn't know what to give their viewers.

>Completely not true. Soaps kept the same main cast for years, and all the big storylines revolved around them. The televised promotions were/are the same way.

Sort of, but not really. Soaps keep the popular characters there if they're still popular. (Undertaker is the best comparison for this). They also inject new up and coming stars constantly. If you get started on a soap, you can get some good stories and character moments to shine. Unlike WWE where you arrive and get buried in a few months (and the dumb fanboys still love it).
>>
WWE is such fucking garbage now, they used to be on the pulse of pop culture and constantly churning out entertaining storylines and characters and they threw it all away for what? To make a shitty garbage kids show for 5 year olds and Hajeeds? Just fucking end it, wrestling is dead now.
>>
>>1165829

Why so mad kid? Broke your toy guns?
>>
>>1165570
>It was GOAT between 2012-2013

Kekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.