[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chris Jericho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
I hadn't watched WWE since 2013 until Sunday for mania (sucked) and everyone's shitting on Y2J. I expected huge Y2J chants at mania and raw but even the smark crowds turned on him. My question is: What the fuck happened? He used to be over as fuck, especially with smarks.
>>
He's a heel, and he's boring.
>>
>>1163017
He's very entertaining. How can you not enjoy his promos and banter?
>>
>>1163015
heel jericho is based as fuck

smarks just like AJ more

Jericho plays his role perfectly and is boo'd accordingly

how is that so difficult to understand?
>>
>>1163019
>STAY DOWN YOU STUPID IDIOT
>>
>>1163015

He got old and lost it in the ring (doubled down because they insist on putting him in with people that make it incredibly obvious)and he hasn't been involved in anything that wasn't a waste of airtime in his current run.
>>
>>1163017
He's not boring and him being a heel never stopped the Y2J chants. Something happened.
>>
>>1163030
He's facing someone that the crowd marks out for. You won't get much sympathy for the heel in that scenario
>>
>>1163015
Smarks are just mad that their indy darling got cucked by Based Y2J
>>
Because he's been in a mid-life crisis since 2012 while he skills have been in clear decline.

He's an embarrassing shell of his former self and has become everything he used to rail against.
>>
Yeah he's getting old that makes sense.
>>
>>1163015
He's doing the best heel work he's ever done now against someone who is incredibly over with the crowd. It was fitting and gave Styles a boost into the top card (to be fed to Roman but still.) He's not doing that bad, just taking a different role.
>>
>>1163015
They're upset he beat AJ at Mania but they have to realise that Jericho was owed an apologetic Mania win for having to job to Fandango
>>
>>1163081
>He's doing the best heel work he's ever done now

Wow, no.
>>
>>1163098
Explain
>>
>>1163015
He knows how to work the smarks and is allowed to actually do it

his tone deaf shilling for the wwe and his current physical state are all part of some Andy Kaufman-esque meta heel shit that will be studied in universities in the future
>>
IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY
>>
I thought his performance was cool.

he's not athletic as before but that's part of the charismatic part, it's like a rusty engine trying to keep up with fresh blood and succeeding too.

the same can't be said about the other older dudes, like taker for example.. guy needs to retire.
>>
>>1163246

Except he's not succeeding. If they put him in with almost anyone on the main roster aside from AJ he might have, but that matchup just made it blatant that AJ was having to work at half-speed to keep the match together.
>>
>>1163170
It's not a patch on his 2008 run

Or even his WCW stuff
>>
https://youtu.be/1SnP8FJEghI

He became Vince Shillico, the cooldad of podcasting. I used to think Jericho could do no wrong up until he did the sparkly LED jacket return, he slowly went downhill from there.

Also he needs to stop buying into DDP Yoga replacing going to the gym, he's one or two cheeseburgers away from being a full-on fatty
>>
>>1163276
This is the funniest shit ever, I've been laughing for 10 straight minutes holy shit.
>>
>>1163276
kill me lad
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.