[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing went wrong, their gimmick is just too weird for this company
>>
>>1162060
uh they have a 19th century John L. Sullivan fighter gimmick in the year 2016 in a wrestling promotion that isn't Chikara.
>>
>>1162072
they were pretty over in NXT
>>
File: 1435019373375.gif (3 MB, 199x182) Image search: [Google]
1435019373375.gif
3 MB, 199x182
>>1162060
I feel so bad for these guys because they're not bad at all, but there's literally nothing interesting about them.

They'll be lucky to have matches with the Ascension on Main Event. The biggest thing they'll do in the next six months is going back to NXT to lose to American Alpha one night.
>>
>>1162060
Knock-off reDRagon
>>
>>1162096
They won't be Heavyweight Champs ever, sure, but maybe they strike a chord and can get over a comedy act. It worked for New Day, and these guys are more entertaining than they ever were.
>>
>>1162060
They'll get the Deuce and Domino treatment tbqh familia
>>
File: 1331362252155.jpg (31 KB, 260x298) Image search: [Google]
1331362252155.jpg
31 KB, 260x298
>>1162124
>you now remember deuce and domino
>>
File: memevillains.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
memevillains.webm
3 MB, 600x336
What ever went right? Just look at this webm and try to convince me that they'd get over anywhere that's not smark central
>>
>>1162162
What the fuck is that? This is some Chikara tier shit
>>
>>1162162
that looks pretty different and funny to me anon i don't see the problem
>>
At least they're not blander than those dubstep cowboys Alexa Bliss hangs out with
>>
I really like their gimmick. Its a nice throwback to the 1910s-1920s and they really got over with it at NXT.

Hopefully they get a decent push on the main roster and they dont become The Ascension 2.0
>>
File: tips nosedora.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tips nosedora.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>1162121
> It worked for New Day, and these guys are more entertaining than they ever were.
> these guys are more entertaining than they ever were.
>>
>>1162124
>>1162130
HOLY KEK FUCKING DEUCE AND DOMINO
>>
>>1162228
I'm sure you shit on New Day when there's no one you can shout fedora at around.
>>
>>1162121
This, not everyone has to be a main event star. There is room for midcarders or comedy jobbers.
>>
>>1162095

Everything is over in NXT, it doesn't count.
>>
>>1162162
CRINGE
>>
>>1162162
That's a nice spot desu

There is nothing that smarky about them, just kind of bland other than their entrance and some poses.
>>
>>1162720
By astonishing coincidence everything in NXT is also booked well
>>
>>1162953
it's almost like they take fan reaction into account and aren't trying to write to meet their bosses fetishes.
>>
>>1162060
nothing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDy9EHYDfc0/
>>
>>1162720
Except Alex Riley. Poor, poor, Alex Riley...
>>
>>1162095
Vaudvillains actually managed to lose overness in NXT which surely shows that this gimmick is shit
>>
>>1162060
>these guys
>corbin
>crews
Why are they bringing all the worst ones to the main roster?
>>
>>1162060
>got over in NXT
>got tag titles
>literally did nothing with them and went out in like the quarter-finals (or maybe even before that) in a tag team tournament
>tag champs
>losing early in a tag tournament
>then they lost them
>now they're debuting on Smackdown

Talented guys, got unfortunately shafted very, VERY hard and nobody seems to care.
>>
>>1162060
Dead on Arrival: The Tag-team
>>
>>1163357
> turning heel = losing overness

>>1163692
And just who do you like?
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT AIDEN ENGLISH IS LITERALLY THE CLOSEST THING WE HAVE TO A GUERERRO WRESTLING IN WWE.
>>
>>1163714
They turned heel because no-one cared about them post brooklyn
>>
>>1163724
Pretty sure it was because Gable & Jordan turned face and they wanted to even out the alignments

They were still beloved when Mechanics beat them for the belts and that was the first title change in NXT to get universal heat in a LONG time
>>
>>1163714
Enzo & Cass were the only tag team that should have been brought up. Nakamura would have been way more appropriate than Corbin and especially Crews. Should have also brought up Bayley, she would have got the biggest pop of the night.
>>
>>1163739
Nakamura literally just arrived in NXT.

Bayley isn't finished and the main roster women's div is still nowhere close to where it should be to accommodate her.
>>
>>1163756
Don't call them up then. Just don't call up fucking Apollo Crews because he's going to do absolutely nothing on the main roster.
>>
>>1162060
I actually rather like the Vaudevillains, shame they're literally going to be face Ascension
>>
>>1163772
>Call your team the VaudeVILLIANS
>Have them be faces
>>
>>1163767
The majority of the main roster do absolutely nothing, what's your point?
>>
>>1163767

He's basically going to be black Neville.
>>
>>1163778
Well if you enjoy watching an entire roster of guys who do nothing then you must love current WWE.

Why do you think these guys were good choices for call ups?
>>
>>1163780
I never noticed that but he basically is.
They should call him Black Neville and the other guy White Neville and have them team up.
>>
>>1163784
Corbin is about as ready as he's ever going to be.

Crews was flatlining in NXT and is the kind of talent who can make an immediate impression.

If you like Bayley so much, why do you want her on a show where you admit she'll do nothing?
>>
>>1163798
>Crews was flatlining in NXT and is the kind of talent who can make an immediate impression.
NXT is a development place, he's supposed to go there and improve then go to the main roster. He could already wrestle and needed to develop a character and work on his mic skills, and he just... didn't.

>>1163798
>>1163798
>If you like Bayley so much, why do you want her on a show where you admit she'll do nothing?
Literally didn't say either of these things, but interesting to see you have the same taste in talent as Vince. Well done.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.