[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boxing gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Sup /asp/ and fellow boxers, i want to open this thread for the next two subjects:

-Winning boxing gloves
i reccently noticed this brand of gloves for being extremely expensive (about 300 USD pair), i investigate a little and while some boxing forums said they are ovrepriced shitty pieces of garbage and that are not even real leather some blog lists always put em in the 1st place, any experience or toughts?

in second place i would like to have recommendations for protective headgear for boxing, i was thinking into cleto reyes but im oppen to suggestions
>>
>>1154125
Winning is hands down the best gloves you can buy. Mayweather, Pacquiao, etc all use Winning for training. You might have read about Fighting, which is a Title knockoff that is nowhere near the quality.

Cletos, Winning, Rival, Title Platinum, Ringside are all good.
>>
>>1154125
i want to kiss that girl
>>
>>1154648
Have you used a pair? I'm planning to buy a pair for myself the next Christmas and I don't want to fuck up
>>1154769
>kissing girls in the current year
Fag
>>
>>1154125
Gotta ask yourself a question : what will you use these gloves for ? What's your level ? And what will you be using these gloves for ?
Cuz if you do a lot of bag works ,maybe you won't want to invest into a single pair of gloves. It'll definitely wear them out fast so the investment may not be worth it.
300$ are probably worth it but are you willing to invest that much if you do boxing for 2 years ?
Gotta take that into account too. I'm pretty sure a 70$ good pair of fairtex won't probably change that much.
Winning are good ,but like everlast ,only it's high end gloves are worth looking at.
Are you better with a 100$ sparring gloves and 50$ bag gloves or 150$ multi purpose gloves ? Granted you could use your current gloves for bag works anyway
>>
>>1155814
This. It's probably not worth getting the top of the line stuff unless you've been doing this consistently for many years. 300 USD is a lot to put down on just a pair of gloves. If you don't know what you're buying don't buy them. Try to track down a pair you can at least try and see if you like the feel. I mean, its doubtful you will. But if you can, do so. Don't just get the most expensive pair you see blindly without considering everything.
>>
>>1155814
>>1156240
I've been using a pair of yokkao for 2 years now and they are pretty cash, I regularly used a single pair of gloves for everything (sparring, bag, pads), so durability is a big factor, I think getting a pair of Winning where I live might be kinda hard (México) but my main concern is to know if somebody here actually tried them and could tell me about his experience so somebody can tell me if 300 usd gloves are worthy or if people should stick some reliable cleto reyes or look for some grant.
>>
>>1154648
what happened to the boxing general senpai?
>>
>>1159349
same thing with all the other martial art threads purged and bumped off because of the flood of Wrestlemania threads
>>
>>1155523
I have not. I really, really want to buy a pair and probably will in the next year. Everything I've heard from everyone I talked to (online and professionals) sing the praises of it.

>>1159349
NXT: Dallas and Wrestlemania autism killed it. (I love wrestling but the number of topics have been ridiculous and unnecessary).
>>
>>1159442
Yep, I came here expecting a boxing thread around but all I found was rednecks talking autism
>>
>>1161426
I'm actually going to make another one. I've been really busy and sick this week and just haven't had the time to get around to it. I've still got a few videos I need to post (mimicking Wu's kicking, new bagwork) and as always I wanna help.
>>
>>1161890
hope your feeling ok bro
>>
File: boipussy.jpg (38 KB, 433x301) Image search: [Google]
boipussy.jpg
38 KB, 433x301
>>1154769
>girl
Well, it's 2016, I guess girls with feminine penises are girls, too.
>>
>>1154769

>implying
>>
>>1161890
look forward to it, i'm thinking about posting some bagwork too
>>
File: Platinum Mad.jpg (220 KB, 1015x854) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Mad.jpg
220 KB, 1015x854
What if I broke in my pic related 16 oz Boxing gloves with bag work?
>>
>>1166786
My buddy has those gloves. He uses them every now and then for bag work but I would discourage you from doing it too mucb. You run the chance of cutting the leather against the bag or compressing the foam.

Doing it a few times isn't going to destroy them though.
>>
>>1166786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNa6qDnaBQw&nohtml5=False
>>
>>1161405
>noob buying $300 gloves
Literally why
>>
File: GIBSG-BK-WH-RD_1.jpg (89 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
GIBSG-BK-WH-RD_1.jpg
89 KB, 800x800
There's a used sporting goods store near my house selling these for $30. Is buying used gloves a bad idea and if not should I get these? I looked them over and didn't see any holes our rough spots
>>
>>1161890
I miss your threads pal, I always try to look for it amidst the rasslin trash.
>>
>>1171629
Because I'm a horrible, horrible gear whore.

>>1171814
Test the padding and velcro. If the padding doesn't give/still feels firm and solid and the velcro is tight. Those are good.

Check the seams. Check to see if any seams are wearing or fraying.

Check the leather. If the leather is still supple and doesn't feel thin anywhere, it's good.

>>1171903
I'm going to start one soon. I've had a bad sinus infection and a shoulder injury that stopped my training. All I've been able to do is help others and work catch mitts with new guys. When I feel better, probably over the weekend or next week, I'll start a new one.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.