[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Rock of the attitude era shares almost nothing in common
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: The-Rock.jpg (24 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
The-Rock.jpg
24 KB, 642x361
The Rock of the attitude era shares almost nothing in common with the character we have had return so many times since the end of it.

It's like Dwayne is doing a parody version of the original character.

Ultimately it's the Rock without that snark, and well, ironically attitude. The Rock was a total prick in his face run and it was awesome. Now he just rattles off catchphrases and has the super positivity vibe about how awesome everything is.

Attitude era Rock was permanently pissed off due to having to share the same air as everyone else who was beneath him. He was a sarcastic, mean, scary badass.

Current Rock is all about love and positive vibes. TOTALLY different character with a couple of the same catchphrases. Attitude era Rock would hate this Rock.

Austin, HBK and Foley being wheeled out for that pointless "legend" spot was weak as well. Also former shells of themselves. Didn't feel special at all.

The fact that they need the allure of names like "Undertaker" and "Rock" to get people interested in the product in 2016 is a massive failure on WWE's part. Not to mention HHH being in the main event against a guy that nobody wants....that's already been discussed to death though.

I'm still a Rock mark and I don't hate what he has become but it just feels like weak sauce these days.

Don't get me started on the fucking flamethrower or 6 second "match" either.
>>
His character is just stale as fuck now.

I'm getting really sick of his AYY DUDE WEED LMAO jokes. Does he think he's Seth Rogan or some shit?

also he's clearly high on coke all the time
>>
>>1152610
It is a different character. He's Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson now, not Rocky "The Rock" Maivia.
>>
And he will be picking up yet another big fat paycheck from Vince to do another segment next year at 33!

>>1152658

Yeah I know the current incarnation is just himself dialed up to 11. Which is fine because Dwayne seems like a pretty decent guy.

Rocky "The Rock" Maivia as you put it was fucking great though and should be the persona used in the actual wrestling show. Meh.
>>
This is exactly why he should be a heel. It's the only way the Attitude Era Rock can come back in the politically correct smiling goofball WWE.
>>
>>1152624
>also he's clearly high on coke all the time

This. Or if it isn't that he's megadosing a modafanil-type drug. He's on uppers that's for sure.
>>
>>1152610
>Austin, HBK and Foley being wheeled out for that pointless "legend" spot was weak as well. Also former shells of themselves. Didn't feel special at all.
HBK looked like he could still go. He looked as good if not better than he did when he retired.
>>
>>1152667
>Yeah I know the current incarnation is just himself dialed up to 11. Which is fine because Dwayne seems like a pretty decent guy.
>Rocky "The Rock" Maivia as you put it was fucking great though and should be the persona used in the actual wrestling show. Meh.

I know, but we just have to deal with it.
>>
File: 1439482143271.jpg (122 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1439482143271.jpg
122 KB, 720x960
>>1152705
It's called trenbolone, m8. Go to a /fraud/ thread and talk to guys on tren,. I also have a friend on tren and he acts like a coke head. They all talk like coke heads because it pumps you up and makes you super confident, even more so than test does. That's why the Rock's physique is so much better now than it was during his run. People say "hollywood roids," which is partly true. He is getting better drugs now.
>>
That's because the new Rock reflects the new WWE: toned down and safe.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.