[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
down down down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
>buys out all competition
>hires their top guys just to shit on them on live TV
> pushes no talent beefcakes because homo
>brings in part timers to shit on all young talent
>dont listen to the fans
>tell the fans their stupid and they dont know what they want
>edits audio because hes afraid to admit defeat
>lies about fan numbers

how long till Vince goes bankrupt
>>
>>1151878
It's too big to go bankrupt.
>>
I almost want to know what it's like to be Vince McMahon for a day and be so personally deluded as to believe nothing I do is wrong.
>>
>>1151898
>It's too big to fail

It's like people don't know anything about the world outside of their basement.
>>
>>1151907
just transform into a woman for 24 hours
>>
>>1151914
i mean ill be transforming into a woman permanently as soon as the endo gets my bloodwork back so i can start HRT

But thats neither here nor there
>>
>>1151913

Vince is good at the marketing side and they have a monopoly, there's no where else for the wrestlers to go. Punk was forced to delude himself into thinking he can fight for real. Vince has his 80's style of booking and he's going to push his 6'5 man crushes until he's dead.
>>
Is this really Vince? Is this what happens when you win? You just shit all over everything and do whatever you want because you have no competition to worry about?
Is it Vince doing this, or his shit Hollywood bookers? Because this booking has been utter horse shit.
>>
Seriously. Why did he buy AJ just to have him lose clean a million times? Owens and Jericho have both shit on this guy now. AJ has been shit on at fucking mania.

Is his ego that fucking sensitive? He can't believe a star can be made outside his company so he has to shit on them?

Enjoy the midcard, AJ!
>>
>When Vince dies, his equally crazy daughter takes over

The ride never ends guys!
>>
>>1151979
AJ worked for WCW and TNA. He's the enemy and he has to prove himself. Who won the war dammit!
>>
Nothing will change until he dies. Half of the biggest wrestlers they have got over because he was forced to

>bret hart
>hbk
>taker
>the entire new generation
they only went over because of the roid thing, if that never happened, it would have been HOGANWINSLOL until 2005.

>mankind
>rock
>kane
>stone cold
>the entire attitude era

only happened because he was forced to by WcW

the only way shit would change is if for some reason Cena for some reason went to TNA
>>
>>1151980
You think Steph is taking over?
kek No, HHH will take over the reason he is running NXT is to give him a smaller platform to work with before he takes over the big one.
>>
>>1151986
AJ hasn't worked for TNA in nearly 3 years
>>
>>1151974
>Is it Vince doing this, or his shit Hollywood bookers?

Both. it's a well known fact that Vince has always been very out of touch with what people want. Or more likely is that he doesn't CARE what people want because it's his company damn it!

The Attitude Era was the only time Vince put his ego to one side and let talent rise naturally, and that was only because WCW was pushing them to the very edge in the ratings war.
>>
>>1151974
Turnover rate for the average WWE writer is 6 months.

WWE has been in decline for 15 years.

Numbers don't lie.
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-26+at+02.13.42).jpg (107 KB, 848x1014) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-26+at+02.13.42).jpg
107 KB, 848x1014
>>1151898
Bischoff, is that you?
>>
>>1151898
wwe is going out like wcw before our eyes.
>>
>>1151878
>their stupid
>their

You are the stupid one.
>>
>>1151878
>beat their previous WM revenue record
>Vinny Mac literally a Billionaire again

Look Jr, I didn't like the results of the matches either, but he'll probably be die before he goes bankrupt.
>>
>>1152031
>>1152038
WCW went out of business because they were dropped by time warner and because the internet wasn't a big thing at the time they had no way to prompt events it had nothing to do with going bankrupt.
>>
>>1152016

>Numbers don't lie.

And they spell disaster for WWE at sacrifice.
>>
>>1151941
This is the polar opposite of 80s booking wtf are you talking about.

1980s, face v heel would be godlike compared to this postmodern social media mess they have going on today.
>>
Not even WCW 2000 was this awful.
>>
>>1152173

Roman is a hoss, a babyface who is at the top because he's big and muscly and Vince thinks he's good looking to women and kids will see him as a superhero. He is booked to overcome the odds and the pay off is always the face going over the heel clean at wrestlemania. No different to Hogan, Warrior or Cena's booking. The one time WWF got creative and broke from tradition is when WCW bought all the talent and pushed them to the edge.
>>
WWE isn't a promotion any more, it's the whole industry.

The don't make events, they make exhibitions. Their PPVs are like trade fairs - they get the top draws from the Indys, the old guys who have legendary reputations and need a little extra cash for retirement, and then they put on a big extravaganza with a ton of sponsorship.

You're basically paying to watch a ridiculously fruity looking trade fair.

That's not a bad thing necessarily, as long as the guys on the roster treat their time in WWE as a great way to earn fat bucks before returning to the indy circuit to have good matches and take some risks.
>>
>>1152184
What? No. Reigns is booked as a postmodern heel. He is being booked to make the self-proclaimed smarks mark out. He gets heat, therefore he is obviously a heel. These guys have built the industry and work it every day - they are smarter than you or I, however many old tapes we watch. They know how to build heat and they are doing it to perfection with Reigns.

Comparing him as a performer to Warrior is the most accurate one, but look at how they book them - completely different. They knew Warrior had many weaknesses - limited technique, unreliable mic presence. They built his push around those things with 20 second squash matches, or placing him against Roberts and Rude and other stiff workers who could put him over amazingly, while also keep him in check,

Reigns COULD have had a stage managed babyface push, but he hasn't had that. They also knew that if he went full heel and dished out cheap shots and buried guys in promos then we'd all mark out for him as an anti-hero, he'd have a 3-5 year run with a built-in face turn, and then he'd be done. People would be bored.

They were telling the truth when they said Reigns is the centrepiece of the organisation for the foreseeable future. First as a postmodern heel. Next as a straight heel. Then he'll have a legendary face turn and in 2 years from now, YOU WILL LOVE HIM.

That is the schedule, they have a long programme mapped out for the guy.
>>
>>1152199

Is this a joke?
>>
They set an attendance record (phony numbers aside, it was still their best), and seem to constantly be creating new content, so I guess the company is fine. Unfortunately there is just nothing in the US that compares, so people will keep watching.

The booking has been totally fucking awful and it really does reek of Vince. Compare these results to HHH's NXT. They're actually able to build characters people care about down there, so the matches feel big.

The biggest pops last night were for people from twenty fucking years ago because of their shit booking and storytelling.
>>
>>1152199

>What? No. Reigns is booked as a postmodern heel. He is being booked to make the self-proclaimed smarks mark out. He gets heat, therefore he is obviously a heel.

pmsl. As if Vince thinks Roman is a 'postmodern heel' for fucks sake. The crowd's reaction doesn't make him heel when the booking is face. Vince will not let internet millennial smarks hijack his creation, he will push him as the top face no matter what just like Cena. Roman will never turn heel.
>>
>>1151989
too bad Haitch isn't smart enough and talented enough to transform wwe into a decent program again
>>
File: marky_mark01-1.jpg (30 KB, 350x466) Image search: [Google]
marky_mark01-1.jpg
30 KB, 350x466
>>1152217
>As if Vince thinks Roman is a 'postmodern heel' for fucks sake. The crowd's reaction doesn't make him heel when the booking is face.

Spoiler: you are a 2016 mark. Your opinions seem to come from a place where only you are on the internet, and nobody else knows what is going on.

You're listening too much to the words, and not looking at the actual production. You are the definition of a mark.
>>
>>1151898
Bigger companies have fallen before. How do you not know this?
>>
>>1151974
Have you seen all the shit movies coming out in recent years? Those writers are the reason why we get bad shows written add an out of touch owner and his faggot daughter and triple fag.
>>
>>1151878

LITERALLY
MUTED
CROWD
FOR
ROMAN
>>
>>1152169
Ok, I kek'd.
>>
>>1152199
If that was remotely true they wouldn't mute mics. Mark
>>
>>1151898
this.

There's no promotion out there.
>>
>>1152236
if trips was behind take over dallas, i think we're in the clear when he takes over
>>
>>1151878
You forgot one part
>you still watch it

>>1151907
Are you serious? You really are a mark. Get worked faggot.
>>
>>1152210
I want to see how NXT handles Nakamura. He only has a few good years left. If they bury him, the company should die.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.