[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm a huge Undertaker fan, watched him since I was a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: undie.png (313 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
undie.png
313 KB, 768x576
So I'm a huge Undertaker fan, watched him since I was a kid back in the early 90s. My question is what is the consensus on his wrestling ability from his prime?

I can't remember that far back, and I stopped watching wrestling full time toward the end of his biker gimmick. He wrestles so rarely now plus he's so old you can't really make a fair statement on his wrestling ability.
>>
Mania Matches vs Shawn and matches with Punk

His match against Jeff Hardy is also reveared
>>
>>1121390
Next to Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow, the best big man worker, ever.
>>
>>1121390
He actually got better in his later years, it's just a LOT more infrequent now.
>>
He was sub par by global stands, okay by WWE standards imo, not that great, but he always tried to evolve which is cool. I liked all his sweet gimmicks and his cool sit-up no sell too.
>>
>>1121390

Not a great wrestler in the undertaker gimmick until later in his run but that's partially the character, partially the WWF restrictions and partially the matchups he got (I don't give a shit how good you are, you cannot drag a good match out of Giant Gonzales or half the monster parade they put him up against).

Always over as fuck though.
>>
He was never considered a good worker until he started having these good mania matches at the end of his career
>>
GREAT bigman worker. Super athletic for his size. Worked best with guys on the lighter side of heavyweight (Shawn/Bret).
>>
>>1121390
It was that first manking feud in 1996 that brought the best of Taker forth for the first time.
And he's been getting better and better ever since then.
Though he still had plenty of duds.
One thing I don't understand is the hype behind his matches at WM 28 & 29. Those were average at best and what followed was even worse (but at least they're not praised).
He should have retired after that "end of an era" bullshit that ended nothing (Trips world champ in 2016 - great job WWE).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.