[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to learn martial arts or a few self defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
20 KB, 633x758
Is there any way to learn martial arts or a few self defense moves by myself? I can't really afford lessons and there's not a lot of gyms and dojos since I live rural.

I'm just looking to learn a few things for defense I just want some quick cheap moves that end a fight quick since I never really go looking for a fight. I kind of want to learn darker shit like grabbing someone's arm mid punch and use my other arm to snap their arm the wrong way or be able to go into someone with a punch when they grab my shirt or do one of those sick ass kicks that knocks someone the fuck out before they can even reach you. Not sure if I want a specific art or just a few quick techniques to make sure I can at least beat the average person with no training but can fight good still.
>>
>>1115684
beating the average person is easy get a gun.
>>
File: greg jackson special.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3310) Image search: [Google]
greg jackson special.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3310
>>1115684
>>
File: Muay Thai blocks.jpg (822 KB, 961x1580) Image search: [Google]
Muay Thai blocks.jpg
822 KB, 961x1580
>>1115708
>>
>>1115708
I don't really want cheap as fuck moves like eyeballs or kicking in the groin

Would definitely use that if it was an unfair fight or under the right circumstance though
>>
>>1115684
Be an autistic savant, and watch videos about moves REALLY closely. Look out for boxing or even judo places by the way, those are usually the cheapest arts. If you really can't afford, you could try, if you have any, to get your friends to practice with you, since then you'd have an outside perspective/a partner to beat on and get beat on by. Dicking around and trying some shit in your backyard. Could form bad habits though
>>
>>1115684
Stop this meme.
You will never be able to learn anything alone.
If you want a brutal art, do escrima. All unarmed components are about crippling your opponent as quickly as possible, because machetes be sharp yo.

>>1116032
>Be an autistic savant, and watch videos about moves REALLY closely.
I've seen tons of escrima instruction videos where the so-called "masters" have absolutely no power in their strikes because they don't actually know how to put their entire body into it.

Learning from videos does not help, outside of ring fights.
>>
>>1116111
Alright, be an autistic savant and watch GOOD videos. Also, nice double sided trips.
>>
>>1115684

Is it possible to learn driving without a car?
Is it possible to learn painting without tuching a brush?

No it's NOT.
It's just not possible, you will get nothing out of it.

>I can't really afford lessons

Then get a job, you retard.
Boxign costs like what? 20 dollars a month?

Get your lazy ass off the couch, overcome your anxiety and start training already!

>I'm just looking to learn a few things for defense

Your best bet would be running so you can outrun every opponent.

> I kind of want to learn darker shit like grabbing someone's arm mid punch and use my other arm to snap their arm the wrong way or..

Oh fuck me, are you 14?
That "darker shit" works only in movies. And the "darker shit" which does work is still so much more difficult than just learning some basics of striking or grappling.
>inb4 "It's in fact possible.." meme guy
>>
>>1115684
>learn some quick, cheap moves to end a fight quickly
Has it seriously never occurred to you to kick a man in his balls and claw at his face
>>
Guys i want to learn how to swim without actually getting wet
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.