[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at this point I'm just gonna be happy when April 4th comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
File: HHH.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HHH.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
at this point I'm just gonna be happy when April 4th comes and HHH and Steph can stop cutting these god awful promos. it's not enough they insult me with trying to get me to believe that Roman's still worth employing when he's attecked his employers multiple times but now they got to literally insult me on a week-in and week-out basis because they got to try and make me hate them over a guy that is already impossible to like in anyway.

so yeah HHH and Steph I hate you both, and I hate Roman, so I have literally zero investment in watching wrestlemania 32, at least in regards to the main event.
>>
File: 1395349331130.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
1395349331130.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>1113162
>at this point I'm just gonna be happy when April 4th comes and HHH and Steph can stop cutting these god awful promos
>HHH and Steph can stop cutting these god awful promos

He thinks they're going to stop
>>
holy shit get worked lol
>>
>>1113180
call it worked, I don't care. I'm just tired of tuning in to raw and having some one insult me, like if it were any other heel on the roster I wouldn't give a shit but it's the people who are going to own the fucking companyt in 10 years and it's getting super fucking old
>>
HHH is the most overrated mic guy ever and he's not even that highly rated
>>
>>1113665
He's only overrated by himself and his family
>>
>>1113162
Yeah. The crowd was hot all night except for when Haitch came out and cut promos to "boring" chants.

Steph's at the end was the most cringeworthy. "You guys are weak and so is Roman Reigns you are just like Roman Reigns we are going to beat you and Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania you are just like him so cheer him pls". Didn't work.
>>
>>1113162
They wouldn't be that bad if they came off a little more fitting.
But he's shoving in as many props and credits to Roman as humanly possible despite having the character of a self-congratulatory, ego-maniacal, commanding, tyrannical dictator-figure.
Every other line is,
>YOU MAY LOVE ROMAN REIGNS, AND HE'S DAMN GOOD
or
>ROMAN, HE'S ONE-IN-A-MILLION, BUT...

It just makes him seem more like Roman's manager. Haitch has never been one to go so over-the-top to give his opponents this credit, and it's clear he's just trying to get Roman over. Yet every-time he DOES try, he receives boos.
The condescending Heel, who insults the fans directly every other sentence, receiving boos for speaking well of the Face.
Just kills the intended flow of any promo outright.
>>
>>1113162

main event is taker and shane brah
>>
inb4
>Shane wins
>but next day on RAW
>joins the Authority and turns heel meaning we'll still have 20 minutes Haitch/Steph promos
>>
>>1113843
shane is pretty much top face, why would they turn him heel?
>>
>>1113843
>Haitch and Steph rambling for half an hour as Shane shuffles like an autistic child in the background
>>
What time does Wrestlemania start?
>>
>>1113823
It's hard to sell and make people believe since Roman is one of HHH's boys and has Vince's adoration
>>
>>1113851
Why do you expect logical reasoning from WWE
>>
>>1113851
another odd for Roman to overcome
>>
>>1113843
>Haitch/Steph/Shane promos
They're like Haitch/Steh promos, but botched..
>>
>>1113162

HHH has been insulting audiences and cutting the same promo since 1999. Myself and other people tapped out around the mid 00's and exclusively watched smackdown but if you think this is new then you're terribly new kid.
>>
>>1113835
>title match
>not being the main event

are you new to wwe?
>>
>>1114871
>calling others new when we've had 2 non-title main events in the past 10 years
Retard
>>
>>1114884
name them for me.
>>
>>1114886
Not him, but XXVI and XXVIII
>>
>>1114886
Cena vs Rock WM28
Taker vs Shawn WM26

Do a little research before you project your newfaggotry onto others
>>
>>1114884
>tripfag
>calling anyone retarded

I cringed, you are even worse than the dumb fucker you are talking to
>>
>>1114909
And blindly hating someone for being a tripfag is even more retarded
>>
>>1114918
The only thing that makes you different from any other poster is being an attention whore, and that's not exactly a likable trait in anyone.

Honestly, you are probably jacking off to these (You)s I am giving you.
>>
>>1114925
>I HATE YOU ATTENTION WHORE
>I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU MORE ATTENTION HOW BOUT THAT HUH?
Kek what a moron
>>
>>1114905
well, I'll be darn I guess there are some exceptions to the rule. has anyone said the Undertaker vs Shane match gonna be main event after the wwe title match though?
>>
>>1114963
The promo package that had other WWE people commenting on the match had people calling it a main event and Jericho called it "the biggest main event ever" or something

And it should close the show since, assuming Shane wins, it could be the most important match of the show. Additionally, if Roman wins like its been planned, people will boo him and they probably don't want to close out Mania by getting their top babyface booed out of the building.
>>
Undertaker vs. Shane is not the main event. Stop this meme. Triple H will not allow himself to be outside of the main event at the biggest Wrestlemania ever, one that involves his boy Roman.
>>
>>1114987
It's a lovely notion, and it has happened before, but Roman has zero chance of not Main Eventing.
Calling Shane vs Taker the ME was in the same vein Heyman called Bork vs Dean the Main Event: dignification; exaltation; augmentation. They took it a step further, granted, but it's not the ACTUAL Main Event.
At best they'll paste the label "co-Main" onto it as they did with the WHC back when it was Smackdown's title. But just like then, the divide will be perfectly clear as it sits a neat rung below the true Main Event.
>>
>>1114994
that "the championship match is always the main event" promo yesterday looked like he was damage controlling so maybe shane/taker really will mainevent
>>
>>1114994
If Vince wasn't involved in the Taker storyline I'd agree 100% but it's hard to predict now

It'll come down to whether Vince or Paul has the bigger ego
>>
>>1115002
>>1115013
>>1115023
I'd dare argue that every match on a typical wrestlemania card would be main event tier but then I remember there's a 10 woman diva tag team match between the reality show and the ones not on the reality show.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Ziggler has the best job.

He gets paid a high salary just to job to future jobbers
>>
>>1114871
If shane wins then why the hell would HHH even wrestle? didn't they say they would quit if he won? I don't fucking understand people thinking that the title match is going to be the main event
>>
>>1115209
>If shane wins then why the hell would HHH even wrestle?
He's the champion
>>
>>1114871
Shane - Taker will go on last so Roman can turn heel
>>
>>1115219
>Roman
>The "top guy"
>going heel

I know wwe is retarded and doesn't do consistent story telling, so it's just as likely to happen as Shane actually beating Undertaker but Romans planned to be "the guy" for years. and being "The Guy" means; no heel turns. ever.
>>
>>1115378
Austin was the guy and they turned him heel in his hometown in the main event of the biggest mania ever
>>
>>1113851
He'll inheirently be a heel when he ends the undertaker's career
>>
>>1115393
Thing is they had multiple stars back then ready to take over the spot of top babyface. Roman is the ONLY guy right now for that spot other than Dean and they don't believe Dean is fit for that top spot.
>>
>>1115393
yeah and it didn't work then either with how hot Steve Austin was
>>
>>1115406
>implying any heat Shane could even get hasn't been drained out by the fact that Brock Lesnars already broke the streak
>>
>>1115413
Cena is still the top guy though and probably will be for a couple more years, That is more than enough time for a heel run.
>>
So since Taker said it won't be his last Mania, does this mean he's losing?
>>
>>1113162
You realize these horrible heel promos are just to try and get Roman over as a face. And it's failing, miserably!
>>
>>1115432
that's the primary reason I hate them.
I want to hate HHH and Steph because they do shitty things, not because they come out and insult me personally. That makes me hate them, not the characters they portray on tv
>>
>>1115430
well considering Randy Savage lost in a loser retires match at mania 7 then went on to fight Ric Flair at Mania 8 it wouldn't be the first time wwe's not adhered to a stipulation. Then again they can have Shane win at mania then have Shane just go "my dad isn't in charge anymore I'll see you at mania 33"
>>
>>1115537
The thing about their promos is they just go on and on and on and fill up a huge amount of time, and they don't even get hype for any match or make you like the face in the feud. Most of the time HHH is just trying to get himself over and seem like a badass.

Steph is a little bit better at making a heel promo that actually sells a PPV and doesn't provide X-Pac heat at least.
>>
>Across the ring from Triple H will be Roman Reigns, a main-event babyface whose ascension to the top of the WWE ladder has been met by occasional resistance from fans. While Triple H is Reigns' hated adversary in storylines, Levesque has nothing but praise for the youngster.
>"He's a great kid, and I'm really happy for his success and how well he's done," Levesque said. "But it's a tough road and a long road. That success has come fast. Sometimes that can be a blessing and sometimes it can be a curse. So I think he's done the best that he can with it."
>As for the mixed crowd reactions for Reigns, Levesque chalks that up to the changing times.
>"You know, the hardest thing in this business to do now is, as a character, to either make everyone love you or everyone hate you," Levesque said with a laugh. "The world is a divided place in politics, in music and everything. Choices now, and people's opinions, are front and center more than ever. The Internet makes that readily available to everybody. They know all of the machinations of everything and the behind-the-scenes of everything, you know.
>"It used to be that the good guy was the guy that didn't cheat, you know what I mean? It was just very simple. The world has changed. I think [Reigns has] done a phenomenal job. He's, you know, from a behind-the-scenes standpoint, a great human being. I'm really happy for his success, as I am for all of them."
>"The days of everybody loves the white knight and everybody hates the dark knight are gone," Levesque said. "You've seen it for, what, the last 10 years with John Cena. I used to say to John all the time, 'You're the Red Sox and the Yankees in the same game. Half the place hates you, half the place loves you, but it's full, so who cares?'"

Smarks, haters and neckbeards Status: Destroyed
>>
>>1115587
>heir to the company praises the man they are trying to push as their top star

Scoop of the century there, how will smarks ever recover from this, etc etc
>>
>RAW couldn't even get over a 4.0 rating last night

This company.
>>
>>1115587
> HHH making excuses for why shit WWE guys don't get over
>>
>>1113665
HERE'S THE THING
>>
>>1115637
They do get over, just not immediately, as the face of the company, without extraordinary charisma. You can pick two.
>>
>>1115687
No-one has ever had the backing of a company as large as Reigns has the way he has enjoyed, he's been given every advantage and fucked it up
>>
they can still save mania by having roman win the belt
>>
>>1115687
Reigns has basically the the company get on its knees and suck his dick for years and he still can't get over to even a passable level
>>
>>1115693
(Please Elaborate)
>>
I think the best outcome is Shane winning and Triple H retaining for the good old boss VS champion dynamic, but the roles reversed (the boss being Face and the champion Heel)
>>
>>1115709
>for the good old boss VS champion dynamic

Wow, how fresh and exciting.
>>
shane wins due to roman inteference
roman wins the title
>>
>>1115728
>implying they will tie Taker to Roman a Wrestlemania away

Taker will be a great feud though since he cools down his opponents
>>
You see here's the thing Haitch.

I ain't buying it, and you can...

Bleeee dat
>>
>>1115587
>not even HHH is willing to admit that Roman is just not likable as a character

I keep trying to fathrom how it is that they don't get that we don't like the super fast "You'll like him and that's final!" style push that they've done with roman. we hated it with Cena, and we hate it still with Roman.

they've been at this since 07 and somehow they've managed to never once fucking get it.
>>
>>1115940
>I have a timeshare on my ipad
>>
>>1115693
>they can save something by doing the thing everyone will hate

trying to think of a good analogy to show off how stupid that sounds, but it is in fact so retarded that I have nothing to make a comparison with it.
>>
>>1115940
2007? Try 1994 with Luger
>>
Which one of you faggots did this to Shane O' Mac's wikipedia page?
>>
>>1116024

Shit, go all the way back to Bruno. The WWE has always wanted to have a superman face on top and they'll mangle the roster to manage it.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
>>
Wow havent watched WWE since Royal Rumble. Before that havent watched it since WM31. The card for WM32 looks like shit despite some really good matches.

Roman Reigns vs HHH is the main event.. Is this a joke? I'm literally baffled this company can get away with shit like this. That entire arena will destroy that main event. This is the biggest WM in history? I seriously can't believe they havent gone out of business. Enjoy your next 10 years of the "Ramen Empire". They'll never change.
>>
Ramen knows:

>Samoan drop
>Superman Punch
>Spear
>That running kick when his opponent is on the side of the ring
>The "oh my gawd, Ramen is so strong" move when his opponent is doing a submission and Ramen lift him off the ground.
Anything else, other than the assisted powerbomb?
>>
>>1116044
The moves he does know arent even that good. He's just not fun to watch. Really hope he doesn't win at Mania. I'll feel so bad for that crowd who paid money to see a great show.
>>
File: Moves.jpg (542 KB, 3121x1042) Image search: [Google]
Moves.jpg
542 KB, 3121x1042
>>1116044
>
>>
>>1116051
Based Bex.
>>
>>1116051
This is the man main eventing wrestlemania, ladies and gentleman.. Along with a guy who hasn't had a great match since Mick Foely.

I honestly think they probably could of made the main event work, if they actually had GREAT wrestlers in it. This match is going to be slow, boring, and have the most predictable ending while the entire arena will be roaring with boos.

I honestly think WWE actually hates Reigns. Why else would they want the guy to embarrass himself in front of a crowd of 80,000 people people? (There's no way they're breaking the attendance record)
>>
File: Eva.jpg (207 KB, 1870x560) Image search: [Google]
Eva.jpg
207 KB, 1870x560
>>1116051
Genuine surprise.
>>
>>1116055
They sell tickets months before WM
>>
>Reigns main eventing Mania in the 2nd year in the row
>clearly worked last year when everyone wanted Lesnar (Heel) to win
This nigga doesnt even deserve it. Fuck this company. I'm ashamed to be a fan at times like this. Also how the fuck does Reigns winning even mean anything? He was just champion.
>>
>>1116055
Vince is delusional and genuinely believes that it's the fans who are wrong for Reigns not getting over.
>>
>>1116055
>I honestly think WWE actually hates Reigns.
no. they love reigns, that's why he's going to win at mania 32 regardless of the crowds reaction.

If Roman hated Reigns, he'd be in the opening matches for main event every week and no where on raw
>>
>>1114045
>Here's the thing about oxygen
>I'm living vicariously through all of you poor people
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.