[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would the fans be mad if trips broke out the ol shovel and just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6
File: Roman_Reigns_November_2013.jpg (999 KB, 2555x2554) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns_November_2013.jpg
999 KB, 2555x2554
would the fans be mad if trips broke out the ol shovel and just kept the title?

pretty sure rayman is gonna keep getting booed even if he turns heel
>>
>>1112421

18+
>>
>>1112421
I'd happily watch HHH go over as hard as he wants. Roman shouldn't be near that belt for at least a year
>>
>there are smarks who grovel at the thought to burying new talent just because they don't like him

It's like a time machine back to WM22
>>
>>1112421
Heel turn incoming
>>
>>1113889
Just like Cena right? :^)
>>
>>1113894
Cena wanted to turn heel in 2006 desu

Roman has no idea what he wants his character to be
>>
>>1113886
> Reigns
> talent

He's not even new at this point, they've spent the better part of 2 years trying to force him into happening.
>>
>>1113900
>trying to force him into happening
He already won the title twice
>>
>>1113886
It's a weird situation, but it's where we are.
After begging for fresh faces for so long, we're given one, and he's an absolute jabroni who can't get over despite being forced into the Mania ME 2 years running.
They managed to make an environment in which everyone clamored for someone new to the point where Heels were getting cheered over the at-the-time Top babyface, then managed to introduce another one who Heels got cheered even louder over.
It's remarkable incompetence.
>>
>>1113903
And he still isn't over
>>
>>1113911
>inb4 someone says Reigns is over
>>
>>1113911
>still isn't over
With smarks which he never had a foothold in the first place
>>
>>1113904
>After begging for fresh faces for so long, we're given one
Reigns isn't exactly fresh though, he's pretty much the Cena character minus the good mic work and consistent great ring work
>>
>>1113926
Turns out most of the crowd is full of smarks these days. Hell, maybe they make the most of the wrestling community that is also vocal?

Gee, I wonder
>>
>>1113926
> it's the "with smarks" cuckposter

EVEN. THE KIDS. ARE BOOING. HIM.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 440x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 440x220
please stop bullying the samoan jizzball
i-it was the booking guys, honest
>>
>>1112421
>pretty sure rayman is gonna keep getting booed even if he turns heel
Think about that for a second you spastic.
>>
>>1113928
By fresh I just meant "new". Nothing regarding talent.
>>
>>1113930
>EVEN. THE KIDS. ARE BOOING. HIM.
[citation needed]
>>
>>1113937
But he's just a lame Cena knockoff
>>
>>1113928
>and consistent great ring work
>says the smark who complained for the past decade why Cena only has five moves and does stupid shit in PPVs
>>
>>1113942
>le projection xD that'll show him
>>
>>1112421
Honestly who should they give the brass ring to if it isn't Roman. They fucked up big time in making Dean an autistic jobber and Seth an annoying heel and not a face.
>>
>>1113947
They fucked Roman up too by making him so near-universally hated he manages to get Haitch the biggest face pops at live events.
He's the least salvageable of the three Shebds.
>>
>>1113950
Yeah he should have been the heel golden boy since the start, it suits him. But seriously there is no one else credible to give the brass ring to. This all bad booking/the writers, Vince and Triple Fags fault.
>>
>>1113953
"Credible" can be made over a matter of weeks and months.
Yeah, there's nobody to give it to right now, but they'd be much better off in the long-term taking the hit, building someone fresh and seeing how they go than locking themselves into the crumbling Roman Empire for the next decade.
Like you said, it's what they've written themselves into. Either they take the short-term hit or secure long-term mediocrity.
>>
>>1113940
You can quite clearly hear a kid jeering him when HHH gave him a nosejob.

And kids supposedly joined in on the boos at one of the latest RAWs.

They're the most fickle part of the audience anyway, as soon as he stops being an invincible superhero they'll stop caring.

Remember when SHEAMUS was huge with kids?
>>
>>1113947
>>1113953

> give

The Brass Ring is supposed to be earned.
>>
>>1113959
Yeah, it's supposed to be.
Unless it's literally ripped from WWE's recoiling grasp, it's not, though.
>>
>>1113960
Also, this year should all be about prepping Big E for a main event push.

He's everything the company thinks Reigns is and more.
>>
>>1113965
Blacks don't draw
>>
>>1113967
>The Rock wasn't a draw

baka
>>
>>1112421
>>1113818
>>1113900
>>1113904
>>1113950
>>1113965

Reigns is the future you virgins are mad cause he is the alpha and you wanted sissy betas like cm pepsi bitch, dean fagbros sissysaro, and daniel gayan they dont have anything going for them.. They look like the average guy walking down the street.. You cant have a john smith as the face of your company

You need someone that stands out like reigns you dont see guys like reigns, Brock,triple h, the rock often. And you fags hate it cause you're betas you want the beta to overcome but guess what fags? The alphas always win
>>
>>1113965
>prepping Big E
I'm sure you know a lot about prepping black men.
>>
>>1113971
Fucking hell lad, you could at least try.
>>
>>1113969
Samoans are not black. They're shitskins, and it's a difference
>>
>>1113971
Yeah, you don't come across as insecure at all pal. Try reading posts before you chain respond to them in a RAGE

> you don't see guys like Reigns often

Guys who train their arms but have a pigeonchest, zero cardio and no personality? I see that shit everyday.

>>1113972
Gotta let them know what they're in for once they get to your mom's
>>
>>1113969
He is right, though.
The majority of their target, first-world audience is White. You think those piss-poor Punjabs are making them good merch dollar?
You want a face that that paying demographic can relate to. Rock may not have been White, but he looked white, and appearances are all that matter.
>>
>>1113971
>is the future
He should ditch the Shield music and Shield attire after Mania though

Give him your CFO guitar riff entrance and a new attire
>>
>>1113903
Roman marks are so fucking dumb man, the fact that they put the title on him twice is part of trying to make him happen
>>
>>1113979
>trying to make him happen
>already happened
>the city of (You)
>>
>>1113977
Vince built the fucking company off an Italian

> Afro-Polynesian
> looked white

Dumb as fuck.
>>
>>1112421
Gawd, this guy.

I don't even know if I can trust my senses anymore.

I have to keep asking if this guy is getting booed out of the fucking building while watching it live.

Everyone keeps telling me they see it too, but the cognitive dissonances from everyone at WWE is just so weird.
>>
>>1113982
Bruno looked relatable ENOUGH to the white audience.
Rock looked relatable ENOUGH to the white audience.
Big E does not, so he wouldn't draw.
>>
Top guys should be
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Big E
Bray Wyatt
Cesaro
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
and some other cuck
>>
>>1113977
Let's not forget that arguably one of the biggest draws in the history who also made wrestling popular, Hulk Hogan, is a white (well sometimes he looked like a hotdog) blonde-haired man.

Same goes for Austin, who didn't look like a hotdog though
>>
>>1113984
This probably comes as a shock to a podunk yokel like >>(You) but not everybody is a racist shitbag.
>>
>>1113984
Do WWE really need one singular main draw through? If you do this you end up with a character that can't do anything interesting as any change can effect the business to such a level.
>>
>>1113989
>m-muh racism

It's not racism at all, though.I
Identifying with those who look like you more-so than others is basic behavior. It's not like they'd toss trash in the ring towards a black Champ, fans just wouldn't connect with him like they would one who looks like them.
No need to get pissy about it, Tumblr.
>>
>>1113981
I think you are misunderstanding of what we mean by happening, they can put the belt on anyone they fucking want it doesn't mean that the person will be a big thing. The ramen empire would be forgotten or laughed at within a year or two if they drop it now, thus roman isn't a thing or at least not the thing they're trying to make happen.
>>
>>1113989
>he cries racism
>>
>>1113993
Considering smarks pay money just to boo Roman and shitcant he's already a big thing
>>
>>1113992
So you're saying that WWE's audience is primarily Samoan?

> fans just wouldn't connect with him like they would one who looks like them.

First of all: [Citation Needed]

Secondly: I thought the argument for pushing "mastodons" like Reigns was that they DON'T look like the common fan?
>>
>>1113995
Considering that's both not a thing and how poorly his live events draw, not likely.
>>
>>1113995
>b- but any reaction is a good reaction

Fuck off you cuck, smarks pay money to see the mid card that's packed with actual talent.
>>
>>1113997
>So you're saying that WWE's audience is primarily Samoan?

The primary paying demographic they target is White Americans. So they boast Champions who look enough like them for them to relate.
Guys like Roman, the Rock, that's fine.
Guys like Big E are too far removed.

>First of all: [Citation Needed]

All the top draws.

>Secondly: I thought the argument for pushing "mastodons" like Reigns was that they DON'T look like the common fan?

Not alike in-terms of build, general aura, mass, size. But making them relatable on a more core level is still wise.
>>
>>1113926
Except they are the majority in crowds they average viewer is older than WWE admits.
>>
File: Greek-Filipino.jpg (135 KB, 650x1200) Image search: [Google]
Greek-Filipino.jpg
135 KB, 650x1200
> only white boys can get main event over
>>
>>1114007
Looked white enough.
>>
>>1114005
> Roman and Rock look "white"

lol no they fucking don't

JYD was a top draw. You think he can "pass" for white, Klan boy?
>>
>>1114010
Not white. White ENOUGH.
>>
>>1114010
Oh, also, yes, he was.
In the territories. Not for a nationally, or even globally-touted product.
Wouldn't work today or at all for those purposes.
>>
>>1114004
Mid carders that never drew a dime
>>
>>1113995
>>1114002
>>1113973
>>1113976
>>1113978
>>1113979

Roman Reigns is the best thing since Brock Lesnar in 2002 you assmad faggot betas.
>>
>>1114005
>Blacks don't draw, just look at all the top draws.

No.
More like

>WWE is run and watched by racist out of touch white guys just look at the all the top draws.

But you're right Big E probably wouldn't work because of the consierable amount of racists watching and at the first sign of him struggling to get over WWE would pull the plug and not push him through the wall like roman
>>
>>1114019
>muh racism

Please get a better understanding of the world and come back when you're not so afraid of the world outside you need to label it.
>>
>>1114012
> White ENOUGH

What fucking backwoods part of the Deep South are you from where Samoans are passing?

>>1114015
JYD was over-as-fuck in the WWF. And considering that WrestleMania ONE was main evented by a black man...

And you know who's President, right?
>>
>>1114016
>smarks PAY MONEY to see mid carders who NEVER DREW A DIME

Ok buddy.
>>
>>1114017
Funny because Bork in 2002 was pushed harder than Roman and all he had was an amateur wrestling background and that NCAA D1 championship.

Imagine Roman beating down Rock, Taker, Big Show, Kurt Angle in a span of months. Meanwhile the only top level talent Roman has beat in two years is Daniel Bryan and should he win at Mania then HHH.
>>
>>1114022
Who said they pass as White?
They're just white enough to be related to, and that's more white than Big E.
And yes, he was. During a different time, in a different climate, when it wasn't such a widespread product.
And yes, Mr. T did. In a different time, in a different climate....
See where I'm going, dingus?
Also, Hogan was there.
>muh president

Okay.
>>
>>1114007
How is he not white?
>>
>>1114021
Ever left the US mate?
>>
>>1114028
they really fucked up with roman
>>
>>1114031
> Filipino
> Greek

>>1114030
> people can only relate to somebody within a certain palette

Fuck you're dumb.

Lawrence Taylor main evented WrestleMania too: and he was actually over doing it!
>>
>>1114017
> there are people who actually believe this

How fucking depressing.
>>
>>1114039
>Lawrence Taylor main evented Wrestlemania
Against Bam Bam Bigelow.
And that was a mistake.
>>
>>1114039
Greeks are white and Filipinos are the most powerful race, he's not really a shitskin so he's basically white
>>
>>1114041
It's not his fault Nash couldn't draw
>>
>>1114039
>> people can only relate to somebody within a certain palette

>taking what I say and stretching it to its unreasonable limits

These are pitiful debate tactics. Got anymore?
>>
>>1114047
It's literally exactly what you're saying, dummy.
>>
>>1114050
>taking what I say and stretching it to its unreasonable limits

These are pitiful debate tactics. Got anymore?
>>
File: 1457815761839s.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1457815761839s.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>1114021
>>
>>1114052
Repeat it again, maybe you'll convince yourself it's true this time.
>>
File: LatinoHEAT.jpg (29 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
LatinoHEAT.jpg
29 KB, 630x420
> only white boys can get main event over
>>
>>1114055
That's a no?
I win.
>>
>>1113997
>citation needed

There are an unbelievable amount of studies that show people prefer their own type instinctively and then you have other studies like the Clark doll experiment where the white dolls were clearly favoured, blacks won't draw as well as whites and it has nothing to do with racism but everything to do with nature
>>
>>1114056
>that skin tone

Doesn't look far enough removed from whiteys to cause the minor disconnect necessary to eject from from potential ME status.
Certainly not as non-white as Big E.
Post someone else that proves my point. I'm liking it.
>>
>>1114056
>posts a white Hispanic
>>
>Tumblr getting ejected from /asp/ ITT
>>
File: SUCKA.jpg (25 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
SUCKA.jpg
25 KB, 350x263
>>1114057
Whatever you gotta tell yourself, sweetie.

>>1114063
OK
>>
>>1114078
Booker was probably the only good black champ in history.

Then he got Haitch'd
>>
>>1112421
>pretty sure rayman is gonna keep getting booed even if he turns heel
Isn't that the point, you stupid fuck
>>
>>1112421
I would be happy af
>>
>>1114078
>never the long term guy in a major promotion
>>
Cena only has great matches with great opponents, he isn't exactly Daniel Bryan. If he was, you could forgive his goofy, knock-kneed movements, his shit acting and his ridiculous punches. He's certainly not bad, seeing as his psychology and athleticism are good, but say he's better than Reigns is pushing it. He knows what to do and when but he just can't make it look good, which Reigns can. They're pretty much opposites in the ring.
>>
>>1114206
You can't deny that Cena is better on the mic though.
>>
>>1114206
Nigga what? Cena has improved DRASTICALLY since 2014, he's way better than Reigns in the ring

Stardust and Zack Ryder carried him to a 4 star match?
>>
>>1114225
Cena has always been that good. He just never got to show it nearly as much with much more formulaic booking.
Nigga's carried Umaga and Khali to great matches. He doesn't need anyone to carry HIM, he's just a bit sloppy at some stuff. He's one of the best storytellers and works a great power-style.
>>
>>1112421
>gonna keep getting booed even if he turns heel
You're retarded.
>>
>>1114163
Kinda depends. There's heat, then there's X-Pac heat, or Eva Marie heat to use a more recent example, where they're not booing you because you're a heel they're booing you because they just don't want you around. Crowds boo a good heel but they love to hate them, crowds boo Eva Marie because they just hate her and don't want her there.
>>
>>1114220
Exact same problems with his mic work. Excellent working, poor delivery. He's better than Reigns though yeah.
>>1114220
Sure he's improved and his matches are generally better than Roman's, but he's nowhere near great until he corrects his performance issues. Maybe it's because he's so white but he needs to loosen up.
>>
>>1114251
It's quite a stretch to compare him to Eva Marie. Regardless, I don't think he'll generate that type of heat as a heel. The whole reason he gets heat isn't any lack of talent on his part, it's the idea of him being the top babyface and going over everyone. People booed X Pack no matter where he was on the card.
>>
>>1114263
He's certainly not Eva Marie bad, I was just using her as an example of how getting booed can be bad even if someone's a heel.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.