[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The Warrior Award"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Warrior-award-photos-001_004.jpg (79 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
Warrior-award-photos-001_004.jpg
79 KB, 1284x722
The fact they've quite literally rewritten some of the final televised words of a dead guy is simply disgusting.

Michael Cole, or at least the script he has handed, claimed Warrior asked for an award for people who 'despite hardship have made the lives of others better' (or words to that effect).

"I want to thank the superstars that you never see. I’m talking about all the people behind the scenes here that work for WWE, some of them for 25, 30 years. They are the superstars that make this happen. They really are. The ring guys, who, back in the day would get to the building, set up the ring, tear it down, drive all night, get to the next town, get a couple hours’ sleep, grab a cheeseburger, couple Coca-Colas, go to another arena, set the ring up again, right before the matches take a shower, and then come and ask me or the other guys “Can I get you anything?” I’ll never forget those guys. In fact, when I think about the Hall of Fame and I think about honoring people that make this company work. But to be that dedicated and have this thing come that far, I think that it would be appropriate to have a category in the Hall of Fame where you honor these people, and I would suggest every year you take one. And I would like for it, my suggestion is that it’s called the “Jimmy Miranda Award.” Jimmy Miranda was a guy who, in the beginning, before you could get merchandise all over the world, he used to drive his car or truck with a trailer, show up at the building, set up a table, and sell t-shirts and posters and pictures. And he always had an awesome attitude. So next year, I want to see that there’s a Jimmy Miranda Award."
>>
It would kill kayfabe
>>
>>1111926
How would it kill kayfabe to acknowledge the existence of backstage employees?

Unless you mean it would kill kayfabe to imply that Warrior worked with backstage employees.
>>
philanthropy is the future of marketing, it's the way brands r going 2 win
>>
>>1111926
>the hall of fame induction ceremony
>an event where kayfabe doesn't exist
>acknowledging the guys that do all the technical shit and make the show actually run would break kayfabe

yeah, no, that's bullshit and you fucking know it
>>
Who is the fuck is Joan London? What does she have to do with World Wrestling Entertainment?
>>
>>1111901
Thats Vince getting one over on Warrior and Warrior cant do anything because he is dead. Vince is laughing his ass off because of this
>>
>>1111111
>>
>>1113498

Exactly

Connor the Crusher at least made sense, since he was a young WWE fan that fought cancer to the end. This woman just seems like....a random woman who had nothing to do with WWE whatsoever.

Even the celebrity wing appears to require celebs who were directly associated with WWE in some way.
>>
>>1113502

at least we can all fondly remember the time Haitch had to insanely job to Warrior at Wrestlemania
>>
>>1111901
It's pretty disgusting, but not surprising considering Vince is a piece of shit.
>>
I feel bad for Mr Ultimate Warrior. All he wanted before he died was an award given to behind the scenes guys. Now WWE give an award in his name to cancer people that have never done anything for WWE. I bet next year they give the award to a queer
>>
>>1111901
>The fact they've quite literally rewritten some of the final televised words of a dead guy is simply disgusting.

He was a notoriously uncharitable cunt anyway.
>>
>>1113939

True, but at least he tried to change when he realized he was gonna die....so, you know....there's that, I suppose.....
>>
>>1113987
Warrior reminds me of Salvator Agron,a gang punk who stabbed another gang punk and got the chair for it(this was in NYC during the 50s). Anyway capital punishment was rescinded and he got paroled angering the other punk's family. They made a musical out of it but failed on Broadway. Agron looking for redemption and not finding it.
>>
Someone post the steph philanthropy is the future of marketing tweet
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.