[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roman Reigns addresses The Boos, calls WWE a “kids show"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13
File: OedLd9E[1].jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OedLd9E[1].jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
Reigns framed boos from the typically vocal males and cheers from the typically family-oriented fans as “away” and “home” crowds. In a comment that points to a lot of vocal males’s frustration with the current WWE product, Reigns said he’s not worried about the “away” fans because WWE is a “kids show.”

“Typically if you hear the boos, it generally is grown men my age and I’m not really in this business for the grown men,” Reigns said. “I’m in this business for the families. That’s what we are; we’re a PG product. We’re a family-based product. We’re here to entertain families and give them enjoyment. If you’re a 30-year-old man and you want to flip me off at a kids show, then, hey, like I said, you paid your money but just be careful because you could get kicked out.”

Asked what he thinks about the vocal males booing his character, Reigns replied, “I think there’s a few different reasons why. You could name a bunch of them. I don’t think we could actually put a finger on one and say this is the reason why.”

Reigns said the only thing that bothers him is when vocal males “set a bad example” for kids in the crowd, trying to turn outspoken concern with the product on the vocal dissenters.

“A lot of times, these pay-per-views and Monday Night Raws, they’re on school nights so it is a lot more of a grown-up feel. I think if you pick and choose and just think with logic, everything will be all right. That’s just one thing, you have to be concerned with the example we’re setting. At a show, I’m not the only role model. These kids are sitting next to these other grown-ups and they’re seeing how these people act. That’s just a reflection of what they see and they probably act the same way,” Reigns said.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/03/27/roman-reigns-interview-addresses-boos-calls-wwe-kids-show-needed-nasal-surgery-pre-wm32-lack-wwe-off-season-ring-entrance-change/
>>
The average WWE viewer is 41 years old.

How is that a kids show?
>>
Based Reigns BTFOing fat virgin smarks
>>
Gay.
>>
>Raws and PPVs have a more grown up feel
That's literally the entire product. And SmackDown is on a school night too.
>>
>>1109369
He refers to how WWE wants to be portrayed as, and the company itself does want it to be a kids show (or family-friendly at least)
>>
>>1109375
yeah I have no idea why he mentions the school night thing

the only non school nights are friday and saturday and they tape shows then
>>
>>1109383
sorry, they don't tape show on non-school nights
>>
There's a real difference between how Cena handles this shit and how Reigns does.
Reigns is a passive aggressive PR nightmare.
>>
This is like the exact same shitty heel speech HHH gave recently. lol.
>>
This is like the same heel "you're all losers" spiel that HHH gives. wew.
>>
File: samoan pride.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
samoan pride.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
Reigns BTFO smark virgins again
Hes so based
>>
>>1109405
>>1109370
POO IN LOO
>>
>kids show
>hunting down a mam and beating him up in front if his wife
>making him "bleed"
>chasing him as he clearly gives up and still beating him
Great example he's setting
>>
>That’s what we are; we’re a PG product.

This is why wrestling is dying and WWE is garbage 95% of the time. PG turned wrestling into Sesame Street with bodybuilders.
>>
All you geeks need to quit watching this Disney level pg shit.
>>
File: smug.jpg (105 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
105 KB, 800x800
>>1109457
>mainstream
sorry Vince, mainstream is pushing it
>>
Triple fag says the same fucking shit. Fuck Vince, Stephanie and Triple fag and all the writers for this corny pg show.
>>
>>1109465
Yeah i know wrestling ain't mainstream at all anymore and WWE is irrelevant as fuck. But it's what they want it to be. What i meant, it's mainstream in the wrestling world compared to any other promotion.
>>
>>1109457
>1998 wrestling
>pulling a 10 split between two feds

>2015 wrestling
>pulling a 2.4 as the only show in town
>>>>>mainstream
>>
Based Reigns
>>
>>1109369
That's the problem nerds/autistic fags are still watching something that is not made for them. WWE is a PG wrestling show, not an indy redneck show.
>>
>>1109388
Accept for the times he outright claims shit like when he claimed he looked better and is a better athlete than John.
Said the Fans hate their lives and stuff like that.
Roman should be banned for giving interviews
>>
>you paid your money but just be careful because you could get kicked out
That's not a good way to sell your product WWE
>>
File: 1459068474556.jpg (15 KB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
1459068474556.jpg
15 KB, 211x203
>>1109357
>I only get booed at Raw and PPVs because of School Nights
Explain Why they boo in the summer then?
>>
File: 1456407497811.jpg (124 KB, 691x680) Image search: [Google]
1456407497811.jpg
124 KB, 691x680
>>1109494
>Accept
>>
>>1109426
>Beating him

With a goddamned flat screen TV, no less. Oh, and he decked HHH so hard with an equipment case they had to staple his head shut.
>>
If this annoys you just picture this dude crying when the plans got changed on him last Mania, and how he's going to cry when the plan changes this Mania. Dude is going to be remembered as a failure and a geek and it gets to him.
>>
File: roman reigns.jpg (72 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
roman reigns.jpg
72 KB, 1440x1080
>>1109494
>Roman should be banned for giving interviews

Or turned heel.

>>1109489
>nerds/autistic fags are still watching something that is not made for them

Well you could pretty much use that argument about anything:

>"If you don't like Windows 10 invading your privacy and being installed without your premission, you shouldn't use Windows."
>"If you don't like muslim immigrants, you shouldn't live in Europe."
>"If you don't like the new Ghostbusters, just don't watch it."

When something you used to like gets turned to shit, just saying "oh well, that's how it now, better find something else", is beta cuck as shit. The least anyone can do is voice their opinion, at least let them know they fucked up and you don't like it. Silent acceptance is a great way to get yourself steamrolled into the ground.
>>
>>1109357
Based Reigns.

>>1109369
I have seen people use the same argument for MLP
>>
>>1109535
this fatty neckbeard is so mad right now LOL
>>
>>1109357
Holy shit Reigns is going ham on these manchildren. He's going to get even more haters now though.
>>
Everything Roman said in the OP is 100% correct.
>>
>>1109426
Not to mention that he swears every single promo he does
>>
> “I think there’s a few different reasons why. You could name a bunch of them. I don’t think we could actually put a finger on one and say this is the reason why.”

This maroon is fucking delusional

>>1109489
WWE has a target audience of one.
>>
Everyone in this thread desperately needs to have sex.
>>
>>1112265
But we all hung out with your mom yesterday
>>
>>1109489

>WWE
>not an indy redneck show.

Apparently you've never watched wrestling before 5 years ago.
>>
>>1109549
well the difference between WWE and MLP is WWE is about men hitting each other.

I don't see how in an overly sensitive world about protecting kids from violent influences the WWE tries to be a 'family friendly' show
>>
>>1112321

>I rent my TV and furniture

OK kiddo
>>
>>1109382
They've had a rough go so far. A couple or ten wrestlers OD, and one of them flips out and murders his family, and no one lets it go.
>>
>>1109357
Wow, I don't care about the product at all these days but this is the worst indictment of the company than anything I could ever write. Their main guy hates wrestling as a craft. This is what happens when commitees write a paint by numbers top face.

Broader points aside if WWE really wants to be a kids show why don't they have shows on non school nights? Why not just go full friendship is magic with the storyline.
>>
Kids don't earn money

How long can your product survive on parents expendable cash if the parents don't even like it?

I'm sure most parents can watch their kids be happy as fuck a couple hours but not to the stage that it will prop up vinces business with money
>>
He should form a stable with Big Baron, Big Guy and Big Josh
>>
Roman rekts smarks once again

HHH, Cena, Vince and even Seth said the same thing years ago
>>
Was it kids all the years in the indies?

Was it kids at NXT?
>>
>>1112703
Parents spend their money to make kids happy, the only reason they like wrestling in the first place is because their kids enjoy it, as long as their kids are happy, they are happy.

Also, when kids are unhappy they are annoying as fuck and parents will do anything to stop them from being annoying shits
>>
>>1113028
No, just retards. And public society doesn't like to differentiate between children and retards, which is the pretext Cena has for dumbing his wrestling down so much.
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>it sets a bad example to the kids who has gotten to where they are through nepotism and dicksucking rather than hard work and dedication
but that's wrong you retard
>>
Problem is their flagship show is not a kids show, yet they're convinced they're a kids product. If that was the case their number one show would be on Saturday Morning. Plus they rely heavily on nostalgia which obviously isn't a factor for kids
>>
File: 1459137981679.png (66 KB, 585x353) Image search: [Google]
1459137981679.png
66 KB, 585x353
>comes out saying bad words
>kids show
>>
lol he just made himself look more like an asshole, the majority of wrestling fans are adults no matter how you spin it. you can't count on 10 year old mark kids forever for your lack of talent and mic skills
>>
Yes this will surely make people hate him less!

How the fuck could he be allowed to say this as the companies top face about to win the title at WM?

They gonna set of confetti while 50,000 people boo the guy?
>>
>>1113064
You mean Little Timmy doesn't mark for The Boogeyman?
>>
>>1113189
This will be his legacy, the "top face" who never got over.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>1113207

>my legacy will be I lived paycheck to paycheck and never got a raise
>>
>>1113161
>PG

Stay cuck fatty
>>
>thinking this and the 'piped-in' boos for Roman and the swearing on Raw aren't all part of some kind of plan

And they say the fans today are smarter than they've ever been.
>>
>>1113222
Reigns has been coming off like a total shithead during interviews since late 2014
>>
>>1113215
Speak for yourself, wagecuck.
>>
>>1113222
>piped in boos
Ramenfags are delusional.
>>
File: 07560.gif (20 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
07560.gif
20 KB, 650x450
>>1113215
>my legacy will be that I shit posted on 4chan trying to make myself not look like a complete waste of space
>>
>>1113253
I read that happened, and I read they did the same thing to Cena last year.
>>
>fans boo Roman out of hatred and spite
>the same fans who boo him expect him to play nice
>>
>>1113522
Cena has been doing it for over a decade.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo

smarks BTFO

they're gonna hustle you out eventually.
>>
File: hulkjoker.jpg (1 MB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
hulkjoker.jpg
1 MB, 1484x2158
>autists literally complaining about a PG rated show
its a fucking tv show for fuck sake. if you dont like it just dont watch it
>>
>>1113559
Sucking HHH off won't get you an NXT deal Poochador
>>
>>1109357
Yeah, kids arent the ones shelling out money to pay for all these PPV events. You make money off of guys doing steroids, being aggressive, violent and mock beating each other up. Cant have your cake and eat it too
>>
>>1113559
It would be funny if people did just stop watching and the whole thing fell apart
>>
>>1113572
WWE has lost over 1 MILLION regular viewers in the past 2 years
>>
>>1113580
should probably listen to what the fans want then instead of mocking them
>>
The more I watch WWE and its desperate push for Roman Reigns, the more I see parallels with the election.

WWE is the Democratic Party, and Reigns is Hillary. No one really likes her except the ladies, but the party keeps pushing her because she's marketable.

However, the common people are getting restless, so they let them have Bernie Sanders (Dean Ambrose) to placate them as a sideshow, despite Bernie really being deserving of the general election (main event). In the end, though, it really doesn't matter what the masses think. It is, and always will be, HILLARYWINSLOL.
>>
>>1109405
It really is great when he does this. He triggers dweeb wrestling fans by being such an alpha
>>
>“A lot of times, these pay-per-views and Monday Night Raws, they’re on school nights so it is a lot more of a grown-up feel. I think if you pick and choose and just think with logic, everything will be all right. That’s just one thing, you have to be concerned with the example we’re setting. At a show, I’m not the only role model. These kids are sitting next to these other grown-ups and they’re seeing how these people act. That’s just a reflection of what they see and they probably act the same way,” Reigns said.

Your 'Roman Reigns' character assaulted his boss/opponent in cold blood while the boss was picking up his wife.

Your argument about 'setting an example' is invalid.
>>
>>1113586
The genuinely angry, sad reaction this must generate in WWE fans must be so confusing and scary for their simple minds.
>>
File: seth.jpg (12 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
seth.jpg
12 KB, 300x200
>>1113586

/sp/ is a dead board. Everyone is confined to cuck generals and your "bro culture" threads are deleted after 2 minutes. Whereas we own this board and can make as many threads as we want.
>>
>>1113626
Makes sense since smarks are cucks like Berniefags
>>
>>1113631
The main weekly show and the tentpole events are for adults, ie the shit that make up 95% of relevant content, bu its for kids overall?

Do they not reach samoans math?
>>
>>1109357
>WWE
>a “kids show"
remember that time HHH fucked a manikin in a coffin? well that's because its a kids show.
>>
File: 1459216339266.jpg (191 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459216339266.jpg
191 KB, 1080x1080
>>1113669
>wwe in espn now
nope
>>
>>1113669
You do realize that almost every wrestler watches wrestling? It's the reason they decided to become one according to your logic most of the locker room are "My Little Pony tier autists"
>>
>>1113672
Holy kek that image
>>
>>1113672
lol the League of Nations are awesome I wish they weren't booked like garbage
>>
>>1113683
man your logic is retarded.
>>
It's funny because even kids are booing him now

>>1113669
> Attitude Era finished in mid-2007

18+
>>
>>1113627
> alpha

Crying about how fans are "bullying" him with their boos is alpha?
>>
>>1113705
>Crying
The only people crying are smarks
>>
>>1113720
Reigns closed out like 3 of the big 4 PPVs last year blubbering
>>
>>1113215
>my legacy is an unpopular meme on 4chan that I shitpost with
>>
>>1113672
>The Bulgarian Brute
>The Pride of Mexico
>The British Bullhammer
What does Sheamus shirt say?

"The Irish..."?
>>
>>1113760
probably The Celtic Warrior
>>
No, I understand there are certain things that really are for children like MLP, And fans defend it and deny it, But wrestling just simply is not. Like i get Roman is so bad that he can't get over after 2 years but saying ''Wwe is for kids'' doesn't justify his boo's
>>
>>1109434
>PG V turned wrestrling into Sesame Street with bodybuilders
FTFY. PG DLV is great.
>>
>>1113732
Is it a meme if he is the only person in existence to ever repeat it though?
>>
>that wholesale slaughtering last night

No wonder this poor nigga's salty as fuck
>>
>>1109357
Wrestling can still be cool as a pg program. Maybe not as cool as it could be if not but the way this pg programming is being handled is real bad.
>>
>>1113760
Lasskicker.
>>
>>1109564
he isn't wrong.
>>
>>1109357

Why do the WWE let him talk to outside press? He's clearly an idiot.
>>
>>1115253
He isn't an idiot, he is Samoan.
>>
>calls a program with a fanbase of autistic cuck manchildren a kid's show

fuck, for the love of god, tell this guy to fuck off, get him to work on his mic skills in the meantime, bring him back as a heel and watch him redeem himself in no time. he could one of the best on the fucking roster if the creative's total iq wasn't single-digit shit
>>
>>1109357
BASED
>>
>>1114666
>implying he gives a shit

The only salt here are from rectally ravaged smarks
>>
>>1109369
>How is that a kids show?
because of all that bank they make of them fucking toys son
>>
>>1119516
adults read comic books and buy toys now, sad as it is
>>
HhH didn't come out of retirement to lose.

The Dead Man didn't wake from his eternal slumber to job to a McMahon.

>creative wouldn't even know what to do with Shane at the helm to make the show "better"
>>
BASED REIGNS BTFO THE FATTIES
>>
He does this for the families.
> Bitch, bitch, bitch
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.