[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: krav maga.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2003) Image search: [Google]
krav maga.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2003
Is it better to start martial arts training with muay thai and transition in krav maga, or start with krav maga, and transition into muay thai
>>
krav is a scam and there is a 90% chance you aren't actually going to learn muay thai where it's advertised, and it's just regular kickboxing using the term for marketing purposes
>>
Krav Maga was made as a crash course.
It's always best to get a good foundation, and then supplement with crash courses, since crash courses lack substance.

Train Muay Thai, and then use Krav Maga as a supplemental art.

Krav Maga is a supplemental art that goes along with the base of fucking shooting people with firearms, and not just those pussy little baby pistols, either.
>>
>>1105396
This
>>
>>1105393
/thread
>>
Do Ju Jitsu with Muay Thai and then Krav as supplementals later on.

Maybe my club is shit but I've been very dissapointed with Muay Thai. No doubt it's one of the most effective fighting styles and a ring sport is the truest way to spar but I got so much unexpected lessons and benefits from grappling styles.
>>
>>1105389
Think for one second, literally what would be the point of starting with krav maga?
>>
>>1105396
>and not just those pussy little baby pistols, either.
any pistol can kill you moron, you think youre tough going aorund brandishing a golden plated deagle in your pocket or somethin?
>>
>>1106158
what would literally be the point of paying a monthly fee and attending hours upon hours of classes for the same shit you can learn in 45 minutes at a womens self defense seminar
>>
Muay Thai is pretty simple to learn but require a lot of physical trainings. That is why many thai boys train Muay Thai at early ages to become professional thaiboxers.

But I had heard that boxers have much easier to train Muay Thai.
>>
>>1106106
>Maybe my club is shit but I've been very dissapointed with Muay Thai.
>>1105393
>there is a 90% chance you aren't actually going to learn muay thai where it's advertised, and it's just regular kickboxing using the term for marketing purposes

I probably got lucky that my first intro to actually training Muay Thai was training with this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7zdyTpBJD0

He was buddies with my fight coach and would come in and instruct when he was in town.

Then I ended training with a guy who was a pro fighter from the Philippines who worked as a contractor while I was deployed.
>>
Depends on whether you want to learn groin strikes now or later.
>>
>>1105396
We should make an infographic of supplemental arts, competitive arts and artsy/healthy arts.

The first category would be for things that are useless on their own but can give you ideas when you already know some martial arts.
Like Krav Maga. Or even Aikido - Sometimes a bit of general knowledge on its subject matter without rolling around with sweaty men is what you are looking for. (I had lessons in the art and found them to be pointless. But now, after doing escrima and jujutsu for a year, I feel like going back to the classes could teach me one or two interesting things)
It should list what these arts can actually teach you. Like, "Krav Maga is best for people who intend to fight with guns/intend to move to Detroit".

For competitive arts, it would also have power rankings, as these arts can be directly compared to each other. It would also mention which things these arts generally don't teach, like grappling or punching or kicking. That's where the supplemental arts could find a mention.

And then there would be a rating on how hard each art is on your body.
Boxing and shit tends to be really fucking demanding. In fact, I'm still not in good enough shape to not feel fucked up for two to three weeks after a single session.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.