[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there be a brand split after Wrestlemania?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: svr.jpg (37 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
svr.jpg
37 KB, 450x299
Will there be a brand split after Wrestlemania?
>>
doubt it.
there's very little reason for it
>>
If they'll give Heyman control over Smackdown again then I'm all for it.
>>
yeah?
>>
>>1105234
NO
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 765x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 765x576
i don't know
>>
>>1105234
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>1105234
WON reckons new promo material is being put together for USA network, the talent being used in them implies a brand split is coming
>>
>>1105234
Why do fags keep asking this? There isn't enough talent on the current roster to split it. Plus how will splitting the roster help anything?
>>
>>1105234
probably not but it's not a bad idea, but, there isn't any reason to do it either
>>
>>1105387
BRAGGING RIGHTS
>>
Too many injuriez
>>
>>1105234
Fuck no.

As you can tell now by the raitings, raw isn't even worth watching as it is.

Make it so half the wrestlers aren't there far a show that is still 3 hours long..... Holy shit I can't even imagine how bad it would be.
>>
File: 1458321308019.png (890 KB, 539x798) Image search: [Google]
1458321308019.png
890 KB, 539x798
QUICK POST WHO GETS DRAFTED TO WHICH SHOW ONCE THE SPLIT HAPPENS

RAW
>Cena
>Reigns
>Dean
>Shaemus
>ADR
>Dudley Boyz
>New Day
>Haitch
>Kane
>Rollins
>Charlotte
>Sasha
>Natty

Smackdown
>Ryback
>Beeg
>Wyatts
>Jericho
>Styles
>Rusev
>Ziggler
>KO
>Zayn
>Lucha Dragons
>Usos
>Paige
>Becky

Wild Cards
>Lesnar
>Cesaro
>Social Outcasts
>>
Only if Raw goes back 2 hours
>>
>>1105387

There is LOADS of talent on the roster, you blithering dipshit, but it's all booked goddamn horribly, if it's not injured.

And really, either way they have to fill FIVE HOURS of basic cable TV with something. A brand split might allow the people producing this crap to subdivide responsibilities and allow more focus to be paid to each show, instead of everyone trying to do everything all the time.

You follow?
>>
no

>>1105422
no one is watching that smackdown
>>
>>1105479

Is anyone watching the Smack!Down we currently have?
>>
>>1105234
Make the championships be more prestigious. To avoid overworked/injuries have them rarely wrestle. Only in PPVs and the occasional tag team match in the go-home shows. Bring back the cruiserweight and EU titles to bring some prestige to the lower card.

>dual-brand titles
WWEWHC
Tag Team
Diva's

>single-brand
US
IC
Cruiserweight
EU
>>
>>1105490
yes for based mauro
>>
>>1105526

Splitting the brands might help with the overworked problem. Instead of having most of the roster work both RAW and Smack!Down, they split it up a little more.

If they have to drop one of SuperStars or Main Event, no big loss from any standpoint. No one watches those shit shows, there isn't any advertising revenue that I'm aware of because they're Network shows, NO ONE is buying the Network even partly because of them.

Condense all this shit into two good weekly shows on cable, and play that into people actually wanted to watch your PPVs rather than doing it out of some Battered Spouse Syndrome feeling of obligation.

But that would take Vince admitting that ANY part of what's going on isn't a good idea, which would be indirectly admitting he was wrong about something, which will never, EVER happen.
>>
Back during the original brand split the roster had The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker HHH, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Lesnar, Hogan, RVD, Y2J, Eddie, Beniot, and Im sure theres a lot im missing. What does the WWE have now? Cena, Orton, part timers, and the shield
>>
>>1105605

Please lose weight
>>
>>1105608
I'm sorry that ziggler is a great jobber but i don't think it warrents a brand split to showcase Ziggler's main event jobbing skills on Smackdown
>>
>>1105618

We've also got Sandow, Axel, Adam Rose, Zack Ryder, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, The New Day, Rusev, Alberto Del Rio, Kalisto, and Sin Cara. And once they come back form injury, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, and Neville.

With PROPER BOOKING, these people would all be, at least, good midcarders instead of the abject geeks that WWE's booking in recent years has turned them into.
>>
>>1105632
The whole roster is midcarders, the roster needs main eventers. The only realistic main eventers you listed are Rollins, Cesaro, and Rusev, everyone else is either too old or can't that over wih the crowd.

Everyone likes to throw "if" booking was changed than there would be more main eventers, well I'm sorry booking isn't going to change anytime before Vince dies so it is irrelevant to the discussion.
>>
>>1105605
>>1105608
>>1105618
>>1105632
>>1105645
this
>>
>>1105234
negro how are they going to do that when they barely have a roster to do a Wrestlmania
>>
>>1105632
>>1105645
>>1105647
>>1105652
>>1105647
this
>>
>>1105387
it will finally show that roman is a draw when roman gets paired up with cena on raw and deanetty and KO go to smackdown
>>
>>1105471
>They are all injured

Exactly what I was saying you moron. Splitting the brands makes no sense. While would compete for the WHC on SD? Tyler Breeze and Fandango?
Nope!
>>
Since this #Wrestlemania32 comes once in our lifetime - let's have some fun. I'll repost the best and most creative screenshots of you guys posting whatever you can imagine. Hashtag #GreatestBrosInTheWorld and show the world what ya got. We may be crazy, but it'll always kept us from going insane.
>>
>>1105242

>there's very little reason for it

yeah, it's not like half the roster is injured due to being overworked or anything
>>
>>1105471
>There is LOADS of talent on the roster
This.
Every time I see Stardust I go "Oh ya. he works here."
>>
>>1106783
Yes, because Neville fucking up a baseball slide is a result of being overworked and worn down right?. Same with Rollins fucking up a flip. It's bad luck from freak accidents
>>
>>1106832
>Wear and tear doesn't exist
>>
>>1106832

He's also working 3 or 4 nights a week as opposed to one or two with a brand split. Probability.
>>
>>1106783
They can rotate talent without brand split.
>>
>>1105645

How it worked in the old brand split was that ONE show was actually booked like it wasn't run by syphilitic gibbons. I think the assumption is that Vince will not be micromanaging both shows, and therefore at least one show will be good.

Regardless, it can't possibly be WORSE than the shit we have now. As it stands, there is exactly ZERO (0) reason for Smack!Down to exist, or for anyone to watch it.
>>
>>1106967

Cuck
>>
>>1106286

>They will never recover from injury

Cena, Cesaro, Rollins, and Orton are all three months or less away from returning. Neville will most likely be back within three months as well.

AND you can bring the main event players of NXT up to Smack!Down where they might actually make the company some money, and keep developmental for DEVELOPMENTAL guys. Not 35 year olds who have been doing this since before the iPhone.

It won't be bonkers good overnight, even if they do it right, but they clearly have to do SOMETHING different, and this is the perfect first step. If only because MAYBE we'll get a basic cable show that isn't ran into the ground by Vince, his bimbo daughter, and his bimbo puppet.
>>
>>1106832

You dumb motherfucker. Rollins' knee gave about because after months of constantly jamming on it with no recovery time between matches, traveling, and media bullshit weakened it to the point that gently landing on it caused the entire structure to blow out.

It PROBABLY didn't help that they turned his finisher from the 100% safe curbstomp into one that involves him slamming his full weight onto both knees in a manner than knees aren't mean to support jarring force under.
>>
>>1105666
>trips of pure evil on a post supporting roman
Even god hates him
>>
File: 1458835694299.jpg (28 KB, 317x233) Image search: [Google]
1458835694299.jpg
28 KB, 317x233
>Keep WHC title on raw
>Divas on raw
>>tag team titles on raw
>Keep US title on raw

Smackdown
>Put cruiserweight belt on smackdown
>intercontinental belt
>new international title for people who are from outside the US/Canada or have wrestled around the world or some shit
>throw in some flippy luchas maybe get a lucha belt

>stop putting 30 year olds who have wrestled for over 10 years on NXT

good? bad? what would you change?
>>
File: 1447058224494.jpg (47 KB, 417x535) Image search: [Google]
1447058224494.jpg
47 KB, 417x535
A+ guys:
Cena, Rollins, Brock

A guys:
Reigns, Ambrose, Orton

B+ guys:
Owens, Zayn, Styles, Jericho, Wyatt, Cesaro

B guys:
Dudleys, Big E, Neville, Rusev, Harper, Undertaker, Sheamus

B- guys:
Usos, Swagger, Kalisto, The Miz, Stardust, Ryback, Kane, Truth

C guys:
Ziggler, Slater, Breeze, Del Rio, Big Show, Strowman, Rowan, Bo Dallas

Shit tier:
Everyone else

I'm sure I've forgotten one or two that you guys will shit over but I do not see two rosters in there
>>
>>1105234
Of course there will be. Why the fuck do you think they always emphasize upon the "control of RAW" stipulation. The only person who ever said they would get control of the WWE was Shane and that's because he hasn't been on a mic for a while. Everyone else just keeps saying control of RAW.
Hell, Shane has even said he'll be bringing in new superstars.

Smackdown is going to try to be its own show again
>>
>>1106984

>new international title for people who are from outside the US/Canada or have wrestled around the world or some shit

THAT is a horrible idea. And you're Lucha Belt would just be a Cruiserweight Belt for brown people.

The rest is all right.
>>
File: 1lc4ibt.jpg (82 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1lc4ibt.jpg
82 KB, 750x1000
Why not just split the WHC again?
>>
>>1107038
ugly legs
>>
They don't have the roster depth to pull it off even if they split the WWEWHC

>Raw (GM: Shane McMahon)
John Cena
Chris Jericho
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Randy Orton
Wyatt Family
Balor Club
The Usos
Social Jobbers
The Ascension
Kane
Mark Henry
Dolph Ziggler
Cesaro
Neville
Sami Zayn
Titus O'Neil

>Smackdown (GM: HHH and Stephanie)
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker
Sting
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Kalisto
Sin Cara
Lucha Dragons
AJ Styles
New Day
League of Nations
Golden Truth
Stardust
Big Show
Ryback
Dudley Boyz
Miz
Shinsuke Nakamura
E&C
>>
>>1107069

You can add Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, Finn Balor, and even Baron Corbin to that list. They're all every bit as main roster ready as Bo Dallas, The Ryback, and Brawn Stronkman will ever be.
>>
File: 1458612561335.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458612561335.gif
2 MB, 200x200
One can only hope. It's what the company needs. It will reduce the workload, thus reducing injuries. It will make title bouts more interesting. It will give people a reason to actually watch SmackDown. It will allow storylines to develop more naturally and end with more closure. It will allow for, at least kaufabe, brand rivalry. And splitting the main roster means more time on each show to develop midcard folks into actual characters instead of flat gimmicks.

Of course I may be biased. I started watching WWE in the AE, but I didn't actually enjoy it until Ruthless Aggression.

And as long as we avoid pic related happening again, it should go well.
>>
>>1107069
They're going to add people. Also, don't put Hunter and Steph both on SD. Let Steph alone run it, and let Haitch focus solely on NXT.
>>
There is absolutely NO benefit to a brand split. It's an outdated gimmick which only serves to limit creative opportunities. When wrestlers get over or flop unexpectedly, or get injured and plans need to be changed, the next best thing can't happen because the guy you need is on the other roster. It's always a case of making do with what you have instead of doing the best you can.

Just imagine if an injury crisis like this year's took place during a brand split. You'd be creatively bankrupt. Literally all the problems people are mentioning can be fixed by other means. The roster can be rotated, undercard talent can be used better etc. Having a brand split is like cutting off your arm to stop yourself from self-harming instead of just seeing a therapist.

I'm almost entirely convinced the majority of you are young Ruthless Aggression babbies.
>>
>>1107113

>Just imagine if an injury crisis like this year's took place during a brand split. You'd be creatively bankrupt.

The injury crisis occurred WITHOUT the brand split, and they're creatively bankrupt.

How will the brand split, which, if managed right, would certainly reduce injury occurrences, possibly make this worse?
>>
>>1107134
Because you would be extremely limited in where you could go creatively, even moreso than now, if the roster were split in two during an injury crisis.

As for solving the problem, I already said you can rotate the wrestlers anyway. Don't have the same ones appear on every show, but still make Smackdown equally important.
>>
>>1105490

I watch for based Ranallo and based finally giving a shit again Lawler.
>>
>>1105526

Why no World title for SmackDown? We could have the Big Gold Belt back.
>>
>>1105604

Main Event is aired on television in Canada and other foreign markets. So it does generate ad revenue.
>>
>>1105604
Sorry senpai, it's SuperStars that airs internationally. Main Event is network exclusive.
>>
>>1107169
Because it makes me cringe every time they refer to both Smackdown and Raw wrestlers as former world champions as of they were one and the same. It's a fucking shit concept, fuck your nostalgia.
>>
>>1105645

Ryder should have been a main eventer. Dude was white hot back in 2011, all he needed was the right push. Not saying he was face of the company material, but he was a guy who should have been given a chance to go with the A- to A+ level guys on a consistent basis.

Serviceable ring skills. Got himself massively over with a JewTube show, not giving a fuck, commitment to the gimmick, and pure charisma.

But he had to be buried because he didn't blowbang Vince, Dunn, and the writing room.
>>
>>1107189

Main eventer is stretcher it. He SURELY could have been an upper carder. US Title fit him well. It allowed him to get a lot of TV time (which made the fans happy), potentially wrestle meaningful matches if the booking wasn't retarded (which would have made the fans happy), while letting less goofball characters or better workers be in the main event.

But Vince hates everything that wasn't his idea because he either is a malignant narcissist or has the world's most fragile ego, so we aren't allowed to have nice things.
>>
>>1106832

At the point Rollins injured himself, he had worked 180 matches last year. The next most prolific worker at that point was Cena, who had just less than 130. Seth was on pace to work over 200 nights last year. And no one else was on pace to even come close. On sheer probabilities alone, Seth was more likely to have a freak accident than anyone else on the roster.

That's also part of why they put the WWEWHC on him. He was willing to step up and shoulder that heavy workload. And on top of that, handle the publicity appearances, daily gym routines, be the first guy to arrive on show days and the last to leave.

The injury actually says very little about him when you look at it in context. The dude is actually crazy durable, especially for an ex-indie guy.
>>
>>1107189
KEKEK do us ALL a favor and lose some fucking weight jesus christ what a shit opinion
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 458x261) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 458x261
>>1107189
>Ryder should have been a main eventer
>>
>>1107173

Than you would automatically make SmackDown matter even less than it does now. You would turn it into the show where no one is even good enough to compete for a World Title.

Dumb fucking idea.
>>
>>1107215

>I live on a fixed income

Kys
>>
>Pros to brand split
More time off for talent
More variety in shows
3 hour smackdown probably
or 2 hour RAW
Make PPVs feel more special when the brands combine for it
Drafts were always fun
Make house shows more worth it? (brands coming together)

>Cons
More effort from creative
Planning nightmare at this time
Injuries would mean more
The roster is so small as is
More McMahon bullshit with Shane and Steph constantly fighting for inheritance or something like that
>>
>>1107215
Precisely my point. Stick to one belt for both shows instead of having two, meaning Smackdown gets a second rate consolation prize. In before
>it would give guys just below the main event some credibility
That's what the IC belt should be for.
>but they won't make the IC belt mean that much!
We're talking about what would be best for them to do.
>>
>>1107202

>That's also part of why they put the WWEWHC on him. He was willing to step up and shoulder that heavy workload. And on top of that, handle the publicity appearances, daily gym routines, be the first guy to arrive on show days and the last to leave.

And THAT sort of stupid bullshit is why he was crippled for nine months.

I mean, my old rugby coach could have had us going full contact in every practice three days a week with full matches on Saturday until we all ended up injured. And we'd be super hardcore for doing it, but all involved would also be pants-on-head retarded.

And it bears endless repeating that their bullshit hypersensitive worrying over what Concern Mothers (who will NEVER watch the product anyway) think took away Seth's perfectly safe finisher and gave him one that makes him jam both knees into the mat from hip height in such a manner that knees are not built to withstand high amounts of force in. And then these dipshits wonder how he comes down with a "freak" knee injury.
>>
>>1107224

>The roster is so small as is

STOP SAYING THIS

It's probably the deepest and most talented roster in the history of pro wrestling. It's just mismanaged to a truly staggering degree.

Of course, a brand split wouldn't necessarily cure the underlying ill of grossly incompetent management, unless maybe Smack!Down gets its own creative and booking team. But even with management being a shitshow, Smack!Down being its OWN SHOW might actually give someone a reason to watch in. It is 100% completely fucking pointless as the RAW Replay Reel.
>>
>>1107243

Its the biggest roster, but considering the amount of TV they need to fill its spread too thin to be all that deep.
>>
>>1107252

Well they have to fill 5 hours of TV (not counting Main Event and SuperStars) regardless of whether or not they go ahead with a brand split. Unless they shrink RAW back to two hours. And they're going to have to same roster regardless.
>>
If they made SmackDown live, I'm all for it.
>>
>>1107243
Why are the only two options Smackdown being shit and brand split? Do you not remember 2000-2002?
>>
>>1105244
Well, wouldnt shane+raw and vince+sd be the only logical reason to split?
As much as i want heyman for that spot im pretty sure thats a one in a million possibility
>>
>>1107422
Or the fact that Heyman himself has stated numerous times he is done with creative for WWE [spoiler]after they gutted his ECW[/spoiler]
>>
>>1107041
Fuck off faggot, those legs are great
>>
>>1107236

Yeah, that's sort of what I was implying bud.
>>
>>1105234
I'll say yes because I think both Shane and HHH are going to win which will create a power struggle storyline going forward, the WWE still runs 2 separate tours for house shows so logistically it's possible

but I don't think they'll do anything crazy like split the PPVs, bring back the WHC or make separate sets for the shows.
>>
>>1107383
This is my requirement. No reason to watch smackdown over raw if its not live.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.