[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner rock climbing shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 480x360
Does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive yet decent quality rock climbing shoes? I just got into the sport and need to move away from gym rentals.
>>
5.10 rogues. LA sportiva tarantulas. Evolv defy.

Honestly, don't worry too much about your first pair because you'll probably burn through the rubber real quick as you learn technique. The most important thing as of right now is to find shoes that fit you properly. Try on your shoes in person and find out what material they are made of so you can size appropriately for stretch. You want your shoes to be snug but not inherently painful since you'll be wearing them in the gym all day most likely without taking them off.
>>
Looking to start regularly bouldering because it's seems like a cheap and fun hobby.
Does anyone have some tips for beginners? I've been waiting for a rock climbing thread to show up on /asp/ for ages, but it seems like no one makes them much nowadays, probably because all the wwe posts are moving the board so quickly
>>
>>1104426
Yeah I used to make them but they just got archived so quickly it was depressing.
If you can, take a 4-5 lesson course on technique, I did one a month after starting and it greatly improved my bouldering. Other than that just enjoy yourself!
>>
M I U R A V C S
I
U
R
A

V
C
S
>>
>>1105391
Maybe later. Perhaps Madrock Flash or Evolv Defy would be more suiting. The later has velcro and lace versions.
>>
Evolv Defys are some great beginner shoes. Pretty cheap but still decent.
>>
>>1103689
Barefoot or bust.
>>
>>1103689
for a beginner
shoes don't matter
the foot inside does
>>
>>1104426
>use the same foot as the hand your moving
>move your foot first if possible
>focus on your feet
>move slowly for sick gains
>scream "CHOSS" every time you fall
>>
I'll also get a pair soon, but is it just me or are climbing shoes in general ugly as hell?
>>
Why do you care? Climbing shoes are not meant to be a fashion statement. They're tools. That said, I just picked up some Diabolos and i think they look good.
>>
>>1106293

Climbing shoes are meant to be easily distinguishable so that when you see someone crushing hard you immediately know what shoes they are wearing which could bias your purchase.
>>
>>1105391
Laced version is superior.
>>
>>1103689
>>1105779
Shoe choice for a beginner is really important. If we agree that there feet do matter then someone with shit footwork would need the good shoes more if we'd be interested in top performance.
>>
I started with evolv royals, I think they're called that at least. They were blue and grey and sturdy as hell. They lasted me almost a year in the gym and a few times outside. Got up to v6 before I got a hole in them. Now I wear shaman's and futuras, both great but I prefer my shamans
>>
>>1103689
there are a few schools of thought on rubber types. most prefer either evolv, 5.10 or la sportiva in terms of rubber quality. I started out with la sport and have used their miuras ever since, nice balance of stickiness and durability imo. Also more comfortable toebox with comparable agression to solution or testarossa. For a beginner i recommend Evolv rubber (the defys seem to be the favorite in this particular thread) as their rubber is less durable but more versatile and slightly stickier than others. as you develop technique make sure to shop around and try to actually try on your shoes before buying so you can figure what shape fits you best. Happy sending m8.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.