[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with the recent hatewagon against this guy? I�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 37
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 642x722
What's with the recent hatewagon against this guy? I've seen a lot of people blindly shit on this poorly booked tater tot smuggling samoan, but they shit on everything about this guy. It's like the Cena hatewagon 10 years ago. Whenever they hear about an idea to save Roman Reigns career they instantly shut it down. He's also a major scapegoat. His ring skills aren't nearly as bad as people suggest, and even he has the ability to cut good promos when this exists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbS7iCMxn0
Some of the more bitter ones complain about his look, sometimes they point to his "relation" to The Rock, sometimes they'll say he's a bad person in real life.
What is it? What'd he do to make you hate him this much?
>>
Vince pls go
>>
You posted a video from NXT which was several years ago and that was his basically only promo that didn't completely suck and had no real spaghetti dropping from his vest.
>>
>recent
>>
File: 1454014145940.gif (629 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454014145940.gif
629 KB, 500x500
>It's another, why do you hate roman thread.
>>
>>1103223
>recent
also that watch promo is standard as fuck
>>
>>1103223
>recent

It's been almost a full year of hate aimed at Roman.
>>
>>1103245
>>1103248
>>1103255
>>1103266
>>1103270
>>1103276
So why do you guys hate him?
>>
>>1103285
He has no mic skills, no charisma, stumbles on his words like a 5year old and his ring skills are nothing that impressive and he's pushed to the moon

good enough?
>>
File: fuckthis.png (63 KB, 321x357) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.png
63 KB, 321x357
>>1103285
I don't really hate him anymore, just kind of indifferent. He's the next cena whether people like it or not. Of course i like other wrestlers more but i see some improvement in his character and his moveset. His promos are still shit and i understand why people don't like him. Having another thread asking why they hate Roman is just shit-posting now because people bitch and moan about what they don't like about him.

I do want to know why people genuinely like the guy, i think that's a better question since the opposite has been asked so many times.
>>
>>1103285
Hes Samoan
>>
>>1103306
Only arguments for liking Reigns I usually see it "he's actually improved" and that's basically it.
>>
>>1103306
Fresh and young, highly athletic, can come off pretty cool when he's not talking about tator tots or buttfucking dean, he's worked some good matches (he's no daniel bryan but i wouldn't say he's mediocre in the ring)
He's a lot more charismatic when he's doing non-WWE interviews, it shows there. Same for the other wrestlers. Wish WWE would let wrestlers have a chance to shine and show their personalities a bit

I can see his flaws though
>>
>>1103318
I remember shifting through those posts last year, he's honestly just improved in the ring. His promos still need a lot more emotion
>>
File: 1458005644649.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458005644649.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>1103322
Good response, i feel the same way, i just think he can get some advice from cena on how to deal with people hating him so he doesn't sperg in interviews and on twitter, that's just fueling the fire to people who don't like him.
>>
>>1103285
I don't hate him

he's just a boring part of something I watch and I wish he wasn't as heavily featured
>>
>>1103285
I actually don't hate Roman at all. I just don't think he's talented enough for the spot Vince is trying to force him into. Roman should be a midcarder battling for the ic or US title. Maybe in another 2 years when he's ready, you give him a main event push. But right now, Roman is green as fuck, and clearly not ready to be the face of the company.
>>
>>1103365
Honestly I would have had him fight for those belts after Wrestlemania last year but its clear the time has passed for that. The trigger has been pulled on his main event push and it would be awkward just to cancel it and have him fight in the midcard for those belts all of a sudden
WWE wrote themselves into a corner
>>
>>1103223
He has a ton of flaws that became clear as day when the Shield broke up. Back then he was the heavy weapon they busted out with a amazing and believable looking spear with a good look and didn't need to talk much except mutter something during the Shields promos.

When Shield split, it became apparent he can't do anything much besides brawler stuff which is mediocre and even his spear has gotten worse. On top of that, without the two more charismatic members of Shield, he became a black hole with terrible lines, stuttering and flubbing.

On top of all that and despite these obvious as all hell flaws, he is getting pushed over much better wrestlers and superstars. It's wrestlers like Roman who make me pray that HHH and Steph snap Vince's death grip on the product. Just looking at NXT and the insane stream of A+ talent that flows into it really makes you realize that Hunter and Steph have a much better eye and mind for today's business.
>>
WWE fans are the absolute worst.

Any time WWE picks a heavyweight to push as a star the fans turn around shit on the booking purely out of spite and their preconception of anyone over six feet tall and muscular as being only picked for the wrong reasons, and being tall and muscular also means you don't know how to work a match. Nonsense.

But this happens every time WWE picks new ace or HW star. Batista. Cena. Reigns. It's gonna happen with Ryback if it hasn't already, I dunno I don't watch WWE anymore, but whoever WWE pushes as a HW star will get shit on unless they can do flips or look like they wouldn't make a teenager insecure about his body.

And WWE fans shit on Indy and International wrestling as being pretentious but at least the fans just enjoy the shows and have their say about the wrestling instead of bitching about the booking and all the other shit they shouldn't even be concerning themselves with. the great thing about watching a Japanese promotion is not the fightan spirit stiffy headdrop elbow trade meme shit, it's actually that if a promotion tries to build something for the fans and the good of the promotion, the fans get behind it even if they're reluctant at first, they'll still give it a chance instead of complaining about how some other guy deserves the push more because he's more charismatic and the booking sucks and this guy doesn't "deserve" his push etc.

Takeshi Rikio comes to mind as one example. This guy was not ready at all, fans sorta were okay with him even though he was ugly and stupid and slow, but NOAH pushed him to the title essentially and fans got behind it. This happens a lot outside of WWE, just because it's fun to get onboard than be a wet fucking blanket. Rikio of course didn't work out and quickly the booking was changed but the point is that it was still a fun ride because the fans just cared about match ups and matches instead of who's drawing what, numbers, ratings, relationships with writers, etc.
>>
>>1103223
>recent

He's been fucking awful ever since the Shield broke up and he no longer had his buddies to cover all his faults.

That promo is a great example of why Reigns is a natural heel, he is just naturally so unlikable.
>>
>>1103481
You literally have to be over 18+ to post on this site.
>>
>>1103481
So I like Reigns. He's got a good look, move set is passable. Good enough for me. I think he's charismatic enough, he is who he is.

If anything complain about WWEs terrible promo writing or the fact that there are soap opera writers involved at all, if he could use his own words with no script to just express himself simply it'd be fine.

Reigns is cool.
>>
>>1103285
I don't hate Roman. He would be a great upper midcard guy, but booking the entire company around him has created a feel of resentment that other talented wrestlers are getting fucked over.

Basically he's the Samoan John Cena.
>>
he can be entertaining but he's too forced. I won't say I hate Roman, I hate what he represents and that he's just an extension of Vince McMahons ego and his whole "I know whats best and I know better than the millions in the audience no matter how hard they boo" mentality.

even more so is I dislike that he's 'The Guy" and not even necesarilly that he's The Guy but that there's even a "The Guy" to begin with.
>>
because hes being pushed despite not being an indie darling, manlet, fat fuck, black, or female
>>
I personally think he can pull off good in-ring matches occasionally.

However, his mic skills and his movesets are sorely lacking. His delivery on lines (it's not just what the writers give him, which is also terrible) is just awful, and his finisher "Superman Punch" is some of the lamest shit I've seen, and it's painful to watch the setup for it. How Vince thought the curb stomp was pathetic but not that is beyond me. The spear is okay though.
>>
>>1103559
The Superman punch isn't his finisher...it's a signature move.
The Spear is his finisher.
>>
>>1103613
Yeah, you're right. Poor wording on my part.

It is still lame as fuck though. Especially that pumping taunt thing.
>>
> sub-par in-ring
> terrible on mic
> anti-charisma
> no functional strength
> CERO CARDIO
> dickbag IRL
> obvious nepotism

WWE hasn't had a roster this stuffed with talent since the MNW ended, yet they're sacrificing everybody on it to push this chump who is lagging so far behind the majority of his peers in every way.

Big E is naturally better than him at everything besides being minimally taller and having pretty longhair.
>>
>>1103937
>sup par on ring
He's pretty much on par
>charisma
It's fine
>promos
They're fine when not written badly
>cardio
Never seen him gassed, he waits around to protect him
>strength
Did a schoolboy powerbomb on shaeamus
>>
>>1103223
>It's like the Cena hatewagon 10 years ago.
Cena was over as hell in the mid 2000s though
This was at the beginning of his run at the top of the card before everybody got sick of him
>>
File: PLYP3l9.png (595 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
PLYP3l9.png
595 KB, 600x706
>>1103962
>They're fine when not written badly
>>
>>1103962
> delusional Romark shitposting
>>
His gimmick is shit
He can't sell his superman punch well enough for a lazy ass jumping to be a good finisher
His image is shit as a singles wrestler is shit and worked better with the shield
He really needs to stop speaking on the microphone for longer than a sentence. I can see the mouse wheel in his brain whenever he opens his mouth.

Before you RRIDF get sour just remember this is my opinion, not absoulete fact.
>>
>>1103972
As soon as it became obvious cena was kayfabe invincible he became ridiculous

The difference with Roman is they have tried the same thing straight out of the gates by handing him title wins while pushing this underdog bullshit all over tn and shop
>>
he has no charisma, barely any presence, bad promo, ranges from mediocre to ok in the ring, etc. vince loves him so it doesn't matter what we think in the end, but the guy got zero reaction when he beat up hhh on monday, there's clearly something wrong here.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 946x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 946x749
>>1104016
>barely any presence
>>
He isn't that bad. He'd probably be better if he had a more consistent character - his promos and actions are all over the map. Not the best in-ring but nowhere near the worst.

Who else do people want to be champion? Dean? His matches and promos really aren't much better.
>>
>>1103993
>>1103994
>>1104009
>you're not allowed to praise or defend this wrestler I don't like
>literally saying RRIDF
Wow
>>
>>1104019
>Who else do people want to be champion? Dean? His matches and promos really aren't much better.

Yeah, they're VASTLY better.
>>
>>1104020
> never seen Reigns gassed

Yeah, you're totally attuned to reality m8
>>
You can't 'fix' Roman Reigns because there's nothing wrong with his wrestling.

What should be 'fixed' is the fans, and by that I mean get rid of the horde of sub-zero IQ fans that have become the loudest voice among fans over the past ten years. Because all the people who actually dislike WWE instead of just pretending to hate it with Stockholm Syndrome stopped watching.
>>
>>1103285
Terrible mic skills, boring in the ring, his finisher is a move so basic even the divas do it, shitty booking.
>>
>>1103481
>Who is Lesnar?

He got pushed hard in his first run and he was over. So over they cheered for him instead of The Rock.
>>
>>1103481
18+

Batista and Cena used to be over as fuck

Did you start watching during WM 30?

Also

>Soon to be Ryback

Lost all credibility, typical anti-smark size queen

Did ever occur to you that maybe the "indie vanilla midgets" are ACTUALLY good? Nah, of course not
>>
>>1104114
But nobody besides Goldberg and Rhyno do it better.
>>
>>1104193

Please Have Sex
>>
>>1103962
Come on, even fucking Kalisto can do a powerbomb on Del Rio better than Roman.

You know what, even fucking Kalisto fits better that list. He's on par on the ring, has charisma, the promos are fine when they are not written like "REY Y EDDIE GRACIAS LUCHA LUCHA LUCHA", he has good cardio and with that fucking beautiful ONE HANDED POWERBOMB on Del Rio, he's strong

Push Kalisto for WWEWHC
>>
>>1103223
its just neckbeards that jerk off to flippy shit vanilla midgets. They are also jealous because he is handsome
>>
>>1103223
I loved him since day one, he just has this ring presence and intimidation factor alot of wrestlers lack. His spear is one of the better ones in recent history, his primal yell is also based as fuck. His signature moves are also fucking GOAT.

But yeah he can't talk for shit and his only shining moments in matches are when he does his moves of doom, doesn't take away from the fact he has an intensity about him.

His look is also based as fuck, like it or not WWE is an image based brand, if you want substance over style then you've been watching the wrong show for too long, there's plenty of other promotions that feature bettwr wrestlers on their cards, to expect WWE to follow a different formula they've been doing since the 80's is asinine.
>>
>>1103322
>He's a lot more charismatic when he's doing non-WWE interviews
A lot of other wrestlers are, because it's a different situation.
You can be the best in a one on one interview and still suck shit in front of a large crowd. Just like Roman.
>>
>>1104294
Fucking kill yourself you failed abortion
>>
File: 1425864209135.jpg (65 KB, 654x560) Image search: [Google]
1425864209135.jpg
65 KB, 654x560
He's turning heel at Mania. He will win the title, Ambrose will come down to celebrate and then Reigns will decimate Deano.

Will come out the next night and say the fans abandoned him and he hates Dean blah blah

He can then feud with Ambrose, Cena, Styles, Cesaro and a potentially white hot face Seth Rollins after returning.
>>
File: 1453771183058-asp.png (58 KB, 173x249) Image search: [Google]
1453771183058-asp.png
58 KB, 173x249
>year+ long train
>recent
And he deserves every cent of the abuse, fuck him
>>
>>1104305
>>1104311
this
>>
>>1104305
>Roman
>turning heel

Oh look, not only Roman filled in for Cena in the WWE face spot but also the position of "le turn heel" rumors.
>>
>>1104318
this
>>
>recent
Great post, OP.
>>
>>1104019
Both of Dean and Roman still have a lot of room to grow in terms of promos, but Dean isn't as vanilla as Roman.

I think Dean's matches are better from a psychological standpoint. I also think Deans's selling, facial expression, and character are more interesting than Roman's.

I'd even say Dean is more over than Roman.
Casual fans like Roman and smarks dislike him.
Casual fans and smarks like Dean.
But that's subjective thinking.

Overall, I think Dean would be a better champion. For now at least.
>>
>>1103223
He's drawing heat like a top heel should
>>
File: cancerous swine.jpg (98 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
cancerous swine.jpg
98 KB, 500x355
>>1104337
>>
>>1104318
Roman's turning heel m8, that's the only option left for him. He's turning by Payback Screenshot this
>>
>>1103223
I don't hate Reigns, he seems like a genuine dude, and you're right he isn't a terrible ring performer like some people say, but what U do hate is the way that Vince is trying to shove him down our throats, there was no smooth transition between him and cena as the face of the company. Although every body seems to hate cena now (I still love him), when they first began to introduce him and book him as the face of wwe, it was more subtle and even then he still wasn't the most talked about / "anticipated" dude every single show and every single pay per view, and at least Cena paid his dues in the midcard and the upper mid card for a decent amount of time, and put on actual quality matches that went the distance during that time. Reigns is decent but they are booking him and putting him on a pedestal way higher than he is actually capable of right now.
>TLDR Reigns as a wrestler is okay, Reigns being blatantly shoved down our throats, is not
>>
>>1104082
> blaming the fans for a sub-Performance Center beginners' class worker not getting over

State of WWE cucks
>>
>>1104193
...and Big E
...and Moose
...and Tama Tonga
...and Mil Muertes
>>
>>1104337
Dean was cutting better promos than Roman ever will before Roman even fumbled into the business
>>
I don't get why people think he's an irl dick. Because he spoke defensively in some interview? Humility requires confidence which you shattered the day before by shitting on his big moment. He hasn't learned to cope like Cena.

It really must be a jealousy thing. That's the only reason you'd be so bitter about a throwaway smug remark. He seems like a genuinely decent dude to me.
>>
>>1104434
I'm sure he does seem like a genuinely decent dude to you, because you're coming off like kind of a wipe yourself
>>
>>1104438
So I'm a dick for sticking up for a guy who got heckled to tears and did his best to improve?
>>
>>1104443
> did his best to improve

But he's not really any better than he was a year ago

> tears

He actually cried? What a fucking sissy
>>
>>1104444
Ah I get it. You're one of those alpha males who inexplicably despises anyone less alpha than you.
>>
>>1104445
He said, after claiming that Roman's detractors are "jelli" of him, without any hint of self-awareness.
>>
>>1104185
>indie vanilla midgets are ACTUALLY good?
No
>>
>>1104438
>i-if you don't think roman is a meanie like I do, then you're the meanie!!!
Take cyanide
>>
>>1104446
Yeah cause he's a genuine alpha who has a family and is nice to people. You come across as a douchebag /fit/ bro who's still the same insecure virgin on the inside.
>>
>>1104434
>It really must be a jealousy thing
Go to bed, Hunter.
>>
Man, he's easy to hate, even though, yes, he's a scapegoat. He's just been pushed too quickly, which is especially noticable when we can watch the guys who were the faces of the company before and how they were pushed. Stone Cold didn't get a title shot this quickly, the Rock didn't, Trips didn't. No one else was able to come in, tag team wrestle for a bit and then get multiple WWE chip matches. When it's obvious like that it's also hard-impossible to buy that he's anti-authority, which his whole character at this point hinges on. He's so clearly the chosen one and has even pointed out as much on the Raw after last years Rumble. So yeah, it's mostly the booking, but Steve was smart enough to say that he didn't need to be pushed as quickly as Vince wanted him to, if Bret is to be believed. It's the easiest way to fuck up a babyface.
>>
>>1104512
Well I guess Brock got pushed as hard, but he's a completely different beast and coming in with the NCAA championship can give credibility. I might just hate Reigns for the fuck of it at this point?
>>
>>1104193
Mil Muertes has a better looking spear than Roman Reigns and it's not even close
>>
>>1104521
>outlaw
>>
File: 1439982713576.jpg (20 KB, 208x286) Image search: [Google]
1439982713576.jpg
20 KB, 208x286
>>1104524
>I don't watch the greatest wrestling show on TV
>I watch WWE and complain about how bad it is on a palestinian parkour bulletin
>>
Ramen wasn't bad in the Shield, but it seems like the crowds openly booing him has rattled dude. His promos and ringwork are getting worse, like he can't concentrate anymore.

I feel bad for Roman, he really could've been THE GUY if they let it happen organically instead of this obvious push. A slow climb to the top, and he'd have been so much more over.
>>
"boring in the ring" to today's smarks means that he can't do flips.
>>
File: 1391060763671.jpg (20 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
1391060763671.jpg
20 KB, 600x309
>hating the face of the wwe
>>
File: fedora-cape.jpg (41 KB, 350x463) Image search: [Google]
fedora-cape.jpg
41 KB, 350x463
>>1104525
> trying this hard
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 353x334
>>1104700
>>1104703

>I thought love was only true in anime
>Meant for someone else but not for me
>Women were out to get me
>That's the way it seemed
>Reality haunted all my dreams

>Then I saw her face, now I'm euphoric
>Not a trace of god in my mind
>I'm in love, I'm an otaku
>I couldn't please her if I tried

>I thought love was more or less a normie thing
>But the more I complained the less I got
>What's the use in trying?
>All you get is the harsh truth
>When I needed Asuka I got Rei

>Then I saw her face, now I'm euphoric
>I'm in love, I'm euphoric

>Women were out to get me
>Now that's the way it seemed
>Reality haunted all my dreams

>Oh then I saw her face, now I'm euphoric
>I'm in love, I'm a fedora

>Yes I saw her face, now I'm euphoric
>Said I'm euphoric, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
>(I'm euphoric)
>Said I'm euphoric, yeah
>(I'm euphoric)
>Said I'm euphoric, yeah
>(I'm euphoric)
>>
>>1103285

REMOVE SAMOAN RATINGS CANCER
>>
>>1103962
>He's pretty much on par
"on par" isn't main event next Cena levels
>charisma
>it's fine
yeah I'll BALEE DAT when I see it
>They're fine when not written badly
but as a main eventer he HAS to cut promos which mean nowadays they will be written for him and therefore bad. even on the odd chancethey let him improv he sucks at that anyway
>Never seen him gassed, he waits around to protect him
he has an easy modo moveset
>Did a schoolboy powerbomb on shaeamus
he struggled to lift Kofi fucking Kingston recently

Reign. Spear urself my man
>>
>>1104305

>Reigns
>turning heel

not under Vince's dead body. the fans fucking over his plan two years in a row have resulted in him double downing on his pet project.
>>
>>1104648
I'd rather he be boring than injured to fuck like the rest of the roster
>>
He's pushed harder than Cena while at the same time being noticeably worse than Cena in many key aspects.
>>
It's hard to hate a wrestler for real, it's all stories. Roman Reigns is boring by all accounts. He is capable of being more entertaining in the ring but who knows about his mic skills?

It sucks that they are pushing a top babyface that can't get cheers from a crowd. They should turn him heel and let him have his run.
>>
>>1104507
sick projection brah

>>1104648
I really hope you don't genuinely believe this.
>>
>>1103223
"...when ya can't make it in football..."
>>
>>1104700
> liking whoever Vince tells you to
>>
>>1106058
>not liking wrestlers because the internet told you not to
>>
>>1103481
Roman sucks. I hate him cuz he blows.
>>
>>1104648
>Cesaro
>>
>>1106368
There is literally no reason to like him other than Vince McMahon wanting you to.
>>
>two years ago at the height of shield the IWC kept pushing for a Roman push
>now that they're pushing him the icw suddenly hates him
Bunch of hypocrites
>>
>>1107106
nice revisionist history
people always hated Roman
>>
>>1107108
nice revisitionist history
people didn't hate roman then
>>
>>1106533
see
>>1103322
>>
>>1106533

There's no real reason to like Finn Baylor either but smarks love him
>>
>>1107152
I like both and I don't really care that they kinda suck. I like Roman's uuhaaaaagh and spear and I like Balor's meme entrance and facepaint.
>>
>>1104185
What are you talking about? ryback is fine from what I've seen. I'm not an anti smart size queen and I don't know why you'd think I would be from what I wrote, I was saying the total opposite of what you interpreted.

This exactly the fucking problem with WWE fans. you're either some die hard Jrs 4 lyf indyfag or a hoss loving anti smart apparently. Why? Why can't good heavyweights just be good heavyweights and good Jr heavyweights just be good Jr heavyweights? I loved mark Henry he was one of my favourite big men in years. I also think Bryan is the best pro wrestler in the last 20 years period. And I was a huge Batista mark because thought his move set was cool, I liked his charisma, and I thought he put in loads of effort to develop and his ring psychology was really solid. And I was a huge necro butcher mark. And a huge Alex Shelley mark. And I like roman reigns because he's fun, i think he has a cool look and I like his superman punch.

Why do WWE fans have to be tribal dickheads about everything like some kind of red fedora vs blue fedora gang war? Pro wrestling is just for fun guys, you'll enjoy it way more if you just focus on the stuff you like instead of making it your hobby to deliberately be bitter about all the stuff you don't.

I hate how WWE fans always have to put themselves over at the expense of the talent.
>>
>>1107152
>No reason to like Fergal Devitt
>being this new to pro wrestling
>>
>>1107191

Ryback is fucking terrible in any match not booked around protecting his image. He's limited in a way most of the other big men on the roster aren't.

Mind, this is after a lot of improvement. He's no longer hurting people at least.
>>
>>1106368
But that's not what I'm doing lad, it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that Ramen blows

I did it in late 2013
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x400
>>1107197
>Fergal Devitt
>>
>>1107152
> yfw Balor's new finisher is a more impressive display of strength than Ramen's entire moveset
>>
>>1107245
Please have sex
>>
>>1107245
>anyone who talks about absolutely anything other than WWE is autistic

Triggered
>>
>>1107152
Balor is more technically sound, has a cooler entrance and them music, and works well as the super clean babyface in NXT.
>>
File: Ohno Reigns.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
Ohno Reigns.gif
3 MB, 200x180
> Roman attempting to steal a move he saw on the internet
>>
>>1103613

The announcers should refer to it as a Roman Spear
>>
>>1107106
Smarks hated Roman the moment he showed up with the Shield because the logic back then was that he wasn't worthy to be alongside two indy darlings and they already knew that he's going to be pushed to the moon because he's Dwayne's cousin

If Phil left earlier Roman would get booed in the Shield for taking another indy darling's spot who can't hit the showers and lift some weights
>>
>>1107479
>Smarks hated Roman the moment he showed up with the Shield
post proof
>>
>>1107479

You are either gay or autistic
>>
>>1107479
> implying that Reigns lifts weights

Maybe if they jump on his shoulders for him to Samoan Drop
>>
File: CbyvZyMW8AILtRP.jpg (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CbyvZyMW8AILtRP.jpg
53 KB, 400x400
>>1103276

almost?

we hated him even before he won the 2015 rumble
>we hated him into 2014
>>
File: 1454217070748.jpg (15 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1454217070748.jpg
15 KB, 426x240
>>1103322
>a lot more charismatic when he's doing non-WWE interviews

like when he talks about Dean and Rollins not being that good

or when he insults Cena when he's not even in a feud with him

yea, let's make him the face of the fucking company
>>
Rocko was once hated because they pushed him too quickly
it was once he asked Vince to let him use his shtick that he got really over
>>
>>1103223
>recent
>>
File: worlds strongest shill.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
worlds strongest shill.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>1103962
>>1103937

>sup par in ring/He's pretty much on par
he doesn't know how to work a match. there's no flow, no buildup, etc. just fucking around
>charisma/It's fine
the wannabe-face of the company is "fine" in terms of charisma? not even his mark (you) can say he's charismatic.
>promos\They're fine when not written badly
they're good when they're not bad, aye? his delivery fucking sucks. he talks like he just woke up from a nap, all the fucking time. when he does put "emotion" into something, it comes out sounding retarded. when he tries to be funny, he uses words he got from Saturday-morning cartoons and winks at the camera like a faggot
>cardio/Never seen him gassed, he waits around to protect him
watch the 2016 royal rumble where he had to sit out half the fucking match. after getting attacked by LoN, he fucking walks to the back before returning. he didn't even get stretched away or anything - he just decided to take a fucking break. like wtf, seriously
>strength / Did a schoolboy powerbomb on shaeamus
oh, wow. what a beast!!! Cena gave the FU to fucking Big Show and Mark Henry. Even little faggot Cesaro did an airplane spin on Khali. Reigns doesn't have "useful strength" as another anon put it. He looks more bulgy than a lot of wrestlers, but he doesn't put strength to use in matches. It's like carrying around a gun with a trigger lock on it - just makes you look stupid for having it.

What grinds my gears about him is the forced push. They gave him a push, and everyone booed him. Then they KEPT. FUCKING. PUSHING. They should at least learn from the "Die Rocky Die" movement and turn him heel and embrace the hate. But no. They even recruit old man Henry to try and get people to like him in an incredibly transparent storyline. 'I didn't believe at first Roman, but now I do! Hint hint, audience!!!'
>>
>>1107590

for those of you who didn't watch last year when all this went down... it's fucking painful to watch how transparent this bullshit fucking was...

https://youtu.be/CQd9lsPFAn0?t=6m29s
>>
File: an hero.gif (25 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
an hero.gif
25 KB, 200x267
>>1107577
>>1107584
>>1107597

this
>>
>>1107590
Ramen was gassed in this year's Royal Rumble before AJ Styles entered

>Even little faggot Cesaro did an airplane spin on Khali.

Cesaro is 6'5"
>>
>>1107604

Cesaro doesn't look like he's that strong, though. But Cesaro has a lot of functional strength, which is what separates him from Romaine - he can actually put it to use
>>
>>1107613

can the mods ban this faggot and his posts? anyone on irc to ask them?
>>
>>1107610
> big mussles = stronk

Don't be a fuckin' mark
>>
>>1107618

my whole point was the opposite of what you're implying...

Romaine has a physique that makes him look strong, but he's not; Cesaro has a lean build that doesn't seem that strong, but he actually is.

my whole point was not to be a mark
>>
>>1107636
But the whole point is that nobody who knows a shit thinks that showpony muscleheads actually have functional strength anymore
>>
>>1103223
Because he has no personality. The Undertaker has more personality than Ramen Rains and the Undertaker's gimmick is that he's dead.
>>
>>1107652
How autistic are you faggot?
>>
>>1103223

That was a pretty decent heel promo. Not great, but decent.
>>
>>1107590
To be fair, I doubt it was Romans choice to nap for a majority of the rumble. I think Vince was doing everything in his power to protect him after all the injuries he couldn't possibly afford to lose Reigns as well in his mind
>>
>>1107878
It was Roman's choice to have cardio so dogshit that he was blown up during AJ Styles's entrance
>>
>>1107888
>>1107878

>wasn't his choice to sit it out
>was his choice to have shit cardio that required Vince to make him sit it out
>>
I for one am looking forward to the reign of tears from neckbeards once he becomes 3-time champion.

Bonus points if he still remains a face against actual fan adversity.
>>
>>1113438
> le "haters r crying" forced meme

You seem like a fun dude
>>
File: A+ comfort.webm (805 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
A+ comfort.webm
805 KB, 600x338
>>1113443

don't hate him cuz you ain't him
>>
>>1113516
I'm real jelli of the supposed pro athlete having worse cardio than me
>>
>>1113517
>Its a smark who pretends that he's in better shape than an actual pro wrestler episode
>>
>>1113517

I was satirizing the fag who was talking about haters, not agreeing with him
>>
>>1113529
I can lift guys bigger than Breeze without struggling.

Get off the couch ya self-loathing hamplanet
>>
>>1113529
>actual pro wrestler

you seem to be confused, fampai. We're actually talking about Roman Reigns
>>
>>1113535
i'm sure that's easy when you weight 300 lbs of fat.

Fatty boi
>>
>>1113547
> it's the "fatty" shitter

DYEL?
>>
>>1103223
The more I watch WWE and its desperate push for Roman Reigns, the more I see parallels with the election.

WWE is the Democratic Party, and Reigns is Hillary. No one really likes her except the ladies, but the party keeps pushing her because she's marketable.

However, the common people are getting restless, so they let them have Bernie Sanders (Dean Ambrose) to placate them as a sideshow, despite Bernie really being deserving of the general election (main event). In the end, though, it really doesn't matter what the masses think. It is, and always will be, HILLARYWINSLOL.
>>
People hate Roman because they're racists and hate when any person of color main events. Why do you think people were so pissed about Batista a few years ago? Same deal.
>>
>>1103481
>batista
was over throughout his entire run
>cena
was over then got booed but promos and ability kept him where he is, something Reigns can't match at all
>>
>>1113747
> Roman "Wears Blue Contacts" Reigns
> Person of Color
>>
>>1113759
>I want to decide what decisions PoC are allowed to make about their body
>I think blue eyes are an exclusively white trait
Ahhh, yet another /pol/ living Reigns hater, I see
>>
>>1113769
But I love Samoa Joe
>>
>>1113747
Adult males hate Roman because he's something they're not

That's why they like Kevin Owens and Daniel Bryan because they identify themselves with them
>>
File: The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif (2 MB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif
2 MB, 245x175
>>1113782
>>
>>1113782
>the GOAT is retired
>not even active
>probably killed himself and we don't even know yet

>his lingering spirit still trashing anti-smarks jimmies
>>
>>1103335
He doesn't sperg in interviews, he's pretty calm and shoots straight.

The ones who sperg out are smarks who nitpick his every word and move.

He's in the same position Cena was 5-6 years ago and it's going to get worse when he becomes established and starts burying other wrestlers.
>>
>>1113786
>GOAT + anti-smark

Obvious samefag/doubleposter is obvious.
>>
>>1113782
> Bryan and Owens got over in spite of the company without any help
> Reigns can't get over when the company gets on its knees and blows him for years
>>
>>1113561
>Bernie Sanders
>good
Is Seth Rollins Donald Trump?
>>
>>1107576
>anyone but roman
fuck off neckbeard
also that seth and dean thing was a mistake and the cena thing was in character
>>
>>1114025
Not likely, seeing that he comes from a Latino family
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
97 KB, 600x423
>>1113798
How on earth does the GOAT do it?

He's probably at home crying about not being able to wrestle yet somehow he finds a way to torment anti-smarks.

>roman gets booed out the building
>the GOAT compounds it by having a documentary immediately after showing what it looks like to be over.
>>
>>1114075
BryanGOATfag please stop posting forever
>>
>>1114077
>>
>>1114079
stop laughing at me
>>
>>1114077
Stop getting cucked by somebody more over than your focus-tested WWE corporate action figure
>>
>>1114025
He did take dick picks, despite having such average-sized hands.
>>
>>1113747
Yea, everyone has always hated "People of Color"

like Yokozuna, who was also Samoan
like The Rock, who was also Samoan and generally mixed breed
like Rikishi, everyone's favorite big-fat party animal
like Jimmy Snuka, who was from Fiji, near Samoa
like Booker T, who was blackish

all these "people of color" we hate to see in main events...

>have you only been watching for a couple years, or do you just not realize what a "heel" is?
>>
File: Mae Youngs son.png (188 KB, 404x402) Image search: [Google]
Mae Youngs son.png
188 KB, 404x402
>>1113769
<<<this is how retarded you are

using the term PoC instantly makes me disregard anything you say

>but for everyone else:
why the fuck do you think Roman wears blue contacts? considering only white people naturally have blue eyes
>(yes, naturally, without some kind of freak albino or other mutation, only caucasians have blue eyes)
there's no reason to want blue eyes other than to seem white. how many other wrestlers have you seen change their eye color? Roman looks pretty "white" and clearly wants to seem "white"
>>
>>1114029
>that seth and dean thing was a mistake
unless you think he's too stupid to realize what a "journeyman" is, he's a fucking asshat. and if he is too stupid... well, then he's pretty fucking stupid

>the cena thing was in character
no it wasn't you fucking retard. at the time, he wasn't in any kind of a feud with cena. there was no reason to say anything bad about him other than to just generally talk shit

He needs to take a page from the Usos and not talk anywhere other than shitty BTS reality shows
>>
>>1103937
I concur with this summation its pretty spot on imo
>>
>>1107717
found this too funny
>>
>>1115815
Usos come off like total bros on UUDD
>>
>>1107484
He's right though there was endless bitching about Chris Hero not getting that spot
>>
>>1115810
everyone always hated samoans

18+
>>
>>1115852
> The Rock is one of the most popular superstars of all-time
>>
>>1115852
>there are people over the age of 18 that watch children's television and talk about it on a cartoon website

someone needs a helium bag
>>
>>1115853
He's barely Samoan, the full blooded Samoans are complete scum
>>
File: 1zlJ5MD.jpg (75 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
1zlJ5MD.jpg
75 KB, 640x907
>>1115852

>everyone hates samoans
>everyone lives Paycheck to paycheck like me
>>
>>1115853
Rock didn't get big till he ditched his samoan heritage for his nig one when he joined the NOD and bought a Lincoln Continenttal
>>
>>1115855
Almost nobody who's ever made it to WWE qualifies as "full-blooded" Samoan
>>
>>1115855

yea, instead of being full-blooded Samoan, he's also part black

...so are you arguing that he's not a "person of color" because he's partially black instead of full Samoan?
>you just went full retard

>>1115860
>Rock didn't get big till he ditched his samoan heritage for his nig one when he joined the NOD and bought a Lincoln Continenttal
That got him started, but he didn't become a legit superstar until he became the Brahma Bull
>Brahmans being the highest caste in Oceanic societies with caste systems
>>
>>1115856
>living paycheck to paycheck
>insinuating you will die if you don't get paid

who does this? grown adults have credit

18+
>>
>>1115864

>I'm Samoan and half gay but I only identify as full blooded gay

>Brahman

Hi pajeet
>>
>>1115866

>my next paycheck hasn't come in yet
>>
> all Samoans are hated

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIV1FLJ84o8
>>
>>1115871
>his credit rating with be sub-400 when he finally gets a credit card at age 40

good luck being able to rent furniture when your mom kicks you out with shit credit cuck
>>
i don't see what's wrong with making him Sting without face paint, just glaring.
They fucked up on having him shill with the cancer ladies and doing all this random shit.
he's not that type of person, he doesn't have the charisma, even that video is a piece of shit, "at what, the DOllar store" he can't even enunciate that properly, he's utterly mediocre on the mic even when he's with Deano.
He's great at glaring, hops, and 2.99 falls, you can build around that 2bh and they've shat the bed seemingly beyond the point of no return.
I absolutely loathe bbygirl, but he is getting worse and worse and the ceiling for him is like orton/sheamus tier.
>>
>>1115935
>I bought my playstation in 36 installments
>>
>>1107428
lmao
>>
>>1115853
yup 18+
>>
>>1115961
>I am over 18 and watch children's tv
>>
>>1115935
Sting actually had charisma and knew how to work

Reigns offers nothing special that dozens of WWE's other guys don't already.
>>
File: 1451974642638.gif (1 MB, 311x240) Image search: [Google]
1451974642638.gif
1 MB, 311x240
>>1107428

thanks to >>1115950 for pointing that out; I didn't notice it when it got posted. fucking epic fail
>though since it's against Kane, I assume it's a bit old
>>
Why is Smark a derogatory term?
>>
>>1117812
because it is an adult over the age of 18 that still not only watches children's tv but also gets butthurt about children's tv that isn't even meant for them
>>
>>1103223
>his in ring skills aren't nearly as bad as people suggest
wikipedia has to list clothesline twice to pump up his moves. he consistently does a handful of moves, his running clothes lines, the running spear, the running super man punch, the samoan drop and that stupid drop kick.
All of his moves bar one involve him running at his opponent, despite this, all of his matches are slow, his only submission is randy orton style rest holds, he never tries throws, slams or suplexes or high flying moves. why should i like this man? i dont enjoy his promos, he is not believable as a strong badass, (the wyatts, big show, kane, ryback and brock are believable big guys and badasses) so in my opinion the only reason to like him is because he is a 188cm, long haired, contact wearing jock. this doesnt even bring into account his undeserved push.
>>
>>1117812

it's all up to you if you want to be offended or not

juts like "nigger." If some old white dude calls someone a nigger and they get offended, then it's derogatory. If some black dude calls another black dude his nigger, it's not derogatory. It can be said with malice or not, but it's up to the listener to get offended or not.
>life lesson: don't be butthurt

just like the fag on here who used to post fedora pictures and now posts insults about people being poor - the only power they have is when you choose to get bothered by them. if you just ignore them as the retard they are and move on, they don't matter. if you get called a smark, who cares; it's not derogatory unless you get offended by it
>>
>>1117819
Reigns doesn't even do the Tilt-A-Whirl or Schoolboy Bomb anymore

> THE POWERHOUSE
> zero (0) suplexes
>>
>>1117846
yea thats why i said this.
>he consistently does a handful of moves, his running clothes lines, the running spear, the running super man punch, the samoan drop and that stupid drop kick.

id love to see kurt angle, chris beniot or bob holy just rip this guy to pieces, or new jack, i want somebody to knock him down a peg, even if it risks their job. he makes a great mid carder, when he is with a tag team partner. when i see him throw or slam guys consistanlyi wont change my opinion. he needs another 5 moves, none of which are striking moves like punches, kicks, clotheslines, lariats, spears, knees, elbows or anything similar. he has the fucking audacity to list bret hart BRET FUCKING HART, as his wrestling idol, for fucks sake, he is the complete opposite of bret hart. i hope the only thing in common he has with him is he gets screwed out of everything.
>>
>>1117864
I'd love to see Baron Corbin do it, just so there's one more thing he's better than Reigns at
>>
File: 1451969118428s.jpg (2 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1451969118428s.jpg
2 KB, 125x124
>>1117864
>hope the only thing in common he has with him is he gets screwed out of everything
>>
File: old bryan.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
old bryan.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>1103223
It's mainly because he's so forced down our throats and against our will

right after the SHIELD were broken up they just started pushing Roman as the new Cena

then fans wanted Dean instead, but WWE said no

then Roman got injured and fans wanted Daniel Bryan instead. They also really warmed up to Dean and Seth who had some great moments together and a hell of a match at HIAC. Roman came back to applause and they just picked up where they left off pushing him to the fucking moon
>sufferin succotash
>forgetting his lines during a RR promo
>jack and the beanstalk promo
fans started turning off of Roman and everyone wanted Bryan to win the Rumble in 2015, but WWE just had other ideas. I really think Bryan is the reason he was booed so much at the Rumble that year. Perhaps it wouldn't have been as bad if they just did a match with Bryan instead of putting him in the Rumble.

Then after the Rumble they wised up to the audience
>well this Rumble sucked, now what?
>lets make a new ppv called Fastlane and have Roman go over Bryan and have Bryan endorse him. That'll get him over
>fails horribly

then after that they just did everything they possibly could to get him over
>loses at Mania 31
>loses all the time
>maybe fans will feel bad for him and cheer!
>doesn't work
>well...lets do the opposite
>goes over the entire fucking roster
>still booed
>well...he got a return pop the last time he was injured lets do it again
>triple h bashes his head on the announce desk supposedly breaking Romans nose
>comes back after Roadblock
>no cheers just boos and everyone being generally pissed off

Even the go-home RAW was nothing but a final attempt to get him over with fans before Mania. He's not the guy, but they want him to be and keep pushing him trying to get him over doing everything they can.

Eager to see what happens at Mania. Vince is advertised in every Shane and Taker promo pic so he'll probably be at cell-side. He'll either win or lose clean.
>>
>>1103223
>It's like the Cena hatewagon 10 years ago.
Because it is

>gets booed by fat neckbeards and cheered by kids and women
>turn him heel comments
>autistic hate comments

Nothing will change because HHH will put him over and they'll all laugh backstage on a sold out arena

He should win and start burying smark darlings just to rub salt in the wound
>>
>>1117907
no clue what it's going to take for wwe to realise that roman's not the next cena. the guy gets ZERO reaction from the crowd, a year into his mega push. they just dont care for the guy. by comparison in 06 cena was getting 50/50 reactions from the whole crowd.

can't wrestle
can't cut a decent promo
little to no charisma
is also terrible at pr from what we've seen. how can an entire company from board members to vince not see how this isn't working?
The network launch was one of the best things to happen for roman, cause now vince and co cant see how lacking his draw ability is along with the million other things wrong with having him as the top guy.
>>
File: laughing-dog.jpg (83 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
laughing-dog.jpg
83 KB, 500x334
>>1117819
>Roman Leakee
What the fuck?
>>
>>1113516
man, I miss Seth he was based as fuck
>>
>>1117938
>cheered by kids
kids have started booing him because Triple H is cooler though
>>
Calling it now, Roman turns heel but only against the adult audience. He'll still fight for those that believe in him.

He'll be a Heel John Cena essentially.
>>
>>1118091
what a terrible idea
>>
>WWE expecting a dumb fucking Samoan to carry the company for the next decade
>>
>>1118091
That sounds awful. If he is going to be champ for a long time Im checking out of wrestling until some of the hurt guys come back
>>
>>1118091
>Roman turns heel but only against the adult audience.
He's already a heel though
>>
>>1117817
18+
>>
>>1117907
was there actually a period where Roman lost all the time?
>>
>>1118095
You could always watch a good wrestling product
>>
The difference between him and cena was that very few actually deny cena's talent... the guy could probably make it anywhere, it more the booking that people were directing their anger towards.

Roman is booked terribly, his gimmick is stale as fuck, he's bland, uninteresting in the ring and can't hype a crowd for shit.

he would probably struggle to make it big even in TNA if he was never the Rock's cousin
>>
>>1103223
Fuck you fir answering your own question dumbass.

You said it already with it boiling down to both unlucky and wrong time wrong place since many are tired if cenaband they are essentially ttying to make him cena 2.0 which no one wants both since cena is still around kinda of sort of due to that injury and people want something a tad bit newer and a tad bit fresher than another super man who many have already gotten tired of even conceptually.
>>
>>1118162
cena has the five moves of doom yea sure, but he is talented enough to have good matches and he believably strong and amazing on the mic, i dont like cena that much, but he certainly earnt his spot as the face of teh company for all this time
>>
You know what? I prefer Ambrose, but I could totally buy Reigns as the top babyface. I just wish top babyface didn't mean the only babyface in the main event or heavyweight championship scene. How many faces other than Cena held the top belt from 2005-2011?

Reigns would make a decent top guy but there's no need for there to be such a gulf between him and the others. In the Attitude era we had two top guys in Rock and Austin and a load directly beneath them such as Undertaker, Mankind, HBK, HHH etc who got their share of the spotlight as faces.

I'm convinced this is part of the reason they kept the brand split up for so long, to give the illusion that other guys could make it to the top as faces (they couldn't) while keeping Cena constantly in the title picture.
>>
i don't like him because I don't wanna be apart of the roman empire
>>
I'm pretty sure I have sold proof of why people don't like him.

My dad is a very casual watcher, he'll just watch the big PPV’s and stuff and we'll talk about it. A very 'normie' fan.
We were watching the RR this year and he was just like, 'why does Roman have the belt, he's so boring'

And that's it. The casual audience just think he's boring and doesn't say anything.. Whatever he does say is short and forgettable. It's nothing on his image, or even his move set.. He's just a plain old boring wrestler
>>
>>1111111
>>
File: 1456380260387.gif (973 KB, 288x214) Image search: [Google]
1456380260387.gif
973 KB, 288x214
>>1118162

I'd say it's bigger than that even.

I hate Cena. I fucking hate motherfucking Cena. But it's not because he is a bad wrestler; it's not because he doesn't have mic skills. I hate Cena because of what he represents. He used to he the doctor of thuganomics, coming out and spitting rhymes.
...and then there was JBL IS POOPY
it's been part of the broader shift from omg attitue-era in-your-face extreme shit to "rise above hate, kids!" He's as repetitive as Hull Cogan, but in an era where you can't ride the same wave forever (like in the territory days, where you could travel the country telling kids to eat their prayers every week).

That gimmick is also part of an even larger trend. WWE has practically declared war on bullying, and Cena is their mouthpiece. But professional wrestling was built on bullying... Andre bullying Cogan. HBK bullying Jannetty. McMahon bullying Austin... and all the way down the card as well. Bullying is one of the best things that makes someone a heel. That's why WWE has consistently fucked up ever good heel they've had for years. And Cena represents this castration. I have no problem with a midcarder coming out and spouting Cena's shit (like Bo Dallas). But Cena as the face of the company, spouting this corporate shit about being anti-bullying, has fucked up the business. Yes, bullying in school is bad, but don't use [what was once] pro wrestling as a vehicle for ending bullying. And especially don't fuck up every heel by doing it.
>>
>>1118233
Anecdotal AS FUCK but I think you are on to it.

WWE ruined all of the good will they had with Cena by making his BOOKING predictable as fuck, but he was still cutting pretty great promos (just always the same fucking one) and putting on decent matches.

Reigns is Cena's booking, but without any of his plus sides.
>>
Roman will save the WWE. He is the best right now for the top card.
>>
>>1118923

Just like the AOL-Time Warner merger will save the WCW
>>
>>1118923
You should probably try a little harder.
>>
File: Kekin Owens 3.png (17 KB, 577x180) Image search: [Google]
Kekin Owens 3.png
17 KB, 577x180
>>1120081

been waiting for a chance to post this
>>
File: Mankind[1].jpg (143 KB, 604x768) Image search: [Google]
Mankind[1].jpg
143 KB, 604x768
This fucking guy got over and Roman cant get over with the fans
Why Vince keep trying ?
>>
>>1120291

because Foley was a representation of us and all of mankind (hence being mysteriously called "Mankind")

whereas Roman is a representation of talentless NFL rejects who got into wrestling because their "cousin" got them a job and trades WM appearances for his "cousin" getting pushed
>>
>>1120296
Some of the all time greats were NFL rejects
>>
>>1120334
like.... uh... hmm...

Goldberg? Not on anyone's all-time-greats list...

But also there's... Nash? No, he played basketball...

Ron Simmons! Yea! Somebody who did something! Like... be black! Oh, he held the WCW title once... so there's that too!

And Bork! Bork wanted to be in the NFL! Oh shit, I forgot, that was after he had already become a world-famous WWE champ.

So... one black guy who won the WCW title once... damn that's a lot of the greats.
>>
>>1120409
Ernie Ladd
Dick The Bruiser
Verne Gagne
Dusty Rhodes
Billy Graham
Bronko Nagurski
Vader
>>
He has no style, he has no grace.
>>
>>1120409
Misrepresentation of Brock's interest
>>
>>1120291
Charismatic, great promo, great worker, fun gimmicks, very respected in the industry. Also ECW/hardcore cred.

Also he's never been pushed as a champion, really, and was actually largely thought of being "undeserving" of title shots by "the people in charge". This made him a underdog and people loves a underdog. (See: Daniel Bryan) One of the biggest WWF victories over WCW was when WCW's announcers spoiled that Foley was going to win the title and that people shouldn't tune into WWF to see this happen. Nitro ended up being destroyed by Raw, and a teary-eyed Paul Schiavone calling Foley after the event to apologize for Bischoff's retarded antics.
>>
Let's make a list of pros and cons

-no charisma
-no gimmick
-no mic skills (Chicago this is real life and succotash)
-pushed to the moon because of family connections
-2 moves, extremely limited movepool.
+looks
-nonexisting run as solo before the main event spot to develop character and skills
-pushed over clear fan favourites and more deserving
-shoved down everyone's throat to the point of being detrimental to the rest of the roster who remained undeveloped
-booked as underdog against the authority when he's clearly the authority's (aka Vince) pet, thus non-credible booking

He's going to get booed out of the building by 100.000 people and it's going to be glorious.
Fuck Vince and fuck that Daddy's little princess that Roman Reigns is.
>>
>>1103223
> It's like the Cena hatewagon 10 years ago.

Royal Rumble 2004. Cena (not even a 1 time US champ at the time) enters -> gets a standing ovation.

When did anyone give a fuck that much about Roman?
>>
>>1120433
Holy fuck that is a throwback, what a great game.
>>
>>1120409
my favourite wrestlers are
goldberg
test
eddie geurrero
bret hart
chris beniot
kurt angle
the hardys
CM punk

in no order, i think goldberg was amazing, its a shame vince hated him, his character is a belivable roman riengs, strong, fast, big and a total badass. his kicks throws and slams are all big guy stuff, his spear looked amazing and his jack hammer finisher showed of his strength and looked like it hurt.
>>
>>1120423

sorry my man, we were talking about "all time greats" - not notable people

Ernie Ladd - pretty good wrestler, but largely just famous for being black in a white man's sport. 8/10

Dick The Bruiser - kek. 6/10

Verne Gange - amazing promoter, shit wrestler. he was the man because he booked himself to be the man. in any other promotion, he'd be like 4/10

Dusty Rhodes - finally a legitimate answer. All you had to do was go back four decades.

Billy Graham - there's two, but still a long-ass time ago

Bronko Nagurski - not even going to justify that with a response

Vader - gimmick wrestler. Could do cool stuff like moonsaults, but definitely wouldn't call him an all-time great. 9/10 for an elephant, 6/10 in general
>>
test
>>
File: 1455689706604.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1455689706604.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>1120730

what the fuck are you on?
>>
File: Girls[1].png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls[1].png
490 KB, 449x401
>>1121252
WWE/10
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.