[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kendo thread? What waza you working on? I'm living in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1455733883743.jpg (322 KB, 900x613) Image search: [Google]
1455733883743.jpg
322 KB, 900x613
Kendo thread? What waza you working on? I'm living in a dorm with a somewhat low ceiling, with no club at the university, so it's frustrating not being able to do much. Does anyone have any good resources for reviewing the kata? I want to take my 3 dan test when I get the chance.

Also, how retarded would it be in theory to try a 100 man kumite with kendo
>>
>>1102960
>good resources for reviewing the kata
The DVD from AJKF is pretty solid, not too pricey either.

>100 man kumite with kendo
A pretty similar concept exists called Tachikiri, so not too retarded.
>>
>>1102960
If you have a low ceiling you can practice cuts in a kneeling position. It's a good stretch exercise to boot.
>>
>>1102960
>100 man kumite with kendo

the itto shoden muto ryu, one of the forerunners of modern kendo did something similar
>>
>>1102960

Go do it outside nerd
>>
>>1104725
Pretty good advice.

>>1102960
Don't you have access to a court or something like that?
I mean, don't they practice any sports at your university?
Maybe a park or something? If you are going for a sandan test I think you won't have problems practicing with other people around.

Where I live the ceiling is kinda low as well, so I go to a court that's nearby (the shade is a nice plus).
>>
>>1105357
>>1104725
I could go to a court, but it's a bit of a walk, so I can't do it all the time. Also it's still freezing outside where I live.

My bigger issue is not having anyone to practice with.
>>
>>1105372
You mean when you're not in the dojo? Or do you practice alone?

The former could be easier to solve, maybe invite someone to train with you.
>>
>>1105401
There's no dojo near me, actually. There IS a college with a kendo club that I'm friends with and sometimes practice with, but the pres can't exactly guest swipe me in every week.

I'm trying to start one at my own uni instead.
>>
>>1102960
>all those neckbeards and steven seagull wannabes
>>
File: for ants.jpg (20 KB, 236x388) Image search: [Google]
for ants.jpg
20 KB, 236x388
>>1105443
Could be worse

It's sort of embarrassing, but I still tremendously suck at dou, even after like 6 years. Anyone else have "that" technique that you can't get right?
>>
How much does a hakama and keiko-gi usually last?

In the near future someone I know might be going to Japan and I was thinking about buying it from Tozando.

Since it would be my first set, should I buy the tetron one?
Or is the cotton better in the long term?
I was thinking about the entrance level one 'Tozando Standard Cotton Kendo Hakama' that's about 30 bucks more expensive than the tetron one.
And for the Gi also the basic one, wich is about 50 bucks. That would round up to $120

But there's a set that's around $4 more expensive that comes with a $60 gi and, apparently, the standard hakama. The gi on the set is thinner (that could be nice since it's not really cold where I live).

So, any pointers?

here is the set btw: http://www.tozandoshop.com/Tozando-Cotton-Kendo-Uniform-UME-p/set725.htm

and the the 'standalone' pieces:
http://www.tozandoshop.com/Single-Layered-Kendo-Gi-p/213-kg1rw[0].htm

http://www.tozandoshop.com/Tozando-Standard-Cotton-Kendo-Hakama-p/213-kh6[00].htm
>>
Sigh, we need better kendo threads
>>
>>1105457
dou is surprisingly easy for me but for some reason my kote in pratice is fuck stupid
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.