[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit that Still Blows your Mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7
File: 1458926634791.jpg (11 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
1458926634791.jpg
11 KB, 269x187
The Miz main evented Wrestlemania

agaisnt JOHN CENA

and won

You think about all the dozens of great wrestlers that've come and gone without getting a Mania main event, or even a highlight-worthy MATCH at Mania, and then you remember this.

(That's not to say I hate tThe Miz all that much, at least not anymore, but he MAIN EVENTED the biggest show of the year, and went over the biggest star in the company. The fucking Miz - in 2011.)
>>
>>1102900
So?
>>
He didn't go over clean, in fact he was a midcarder champion taking a backseat to Cena and Rock Once in a Lifetime build
>>
>>1102900
He is from Hollywood so we all know what he did to get the role. *wink* *suck Vinces dick*
>>
>flaby
>>
Miz is literally the prototype for what a modern heel should be.

Baron Corbin too.
>>
>>1102921
Miz makes me hate him so much. An that's what we need. Tired of the heel getting big cheers man need some old school hatred going on.
>>
I will never understand why people don't appreciate Miz. He is really, really good at being a heel, probably the best traditional heel WWE has. Also he is a average ring performer, not a shit one.
>>
File: qgQ3ME-anim.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
qgQ3ME-anim.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>1102900
that the WWF didn't immediately fire Owen Hart for nearly killing/paralyzing Steve Austin in that one infamous botch

>gif related
>>
>>1102936
Miz makes me want to change the channel. He's annoying, and not in the "good" way.
>>
>>1102978
Bro, based Russo took care of that one bro
>>
>>1102999
so Russo was behind Owen's 'accident' that explains alot.....
>>
>>1102936
Miz has a punchable fucking face that you want to see kicked in all the time. It fits him being a heel a lot.

Also, he was a douche in the past, so he's a natural heel too.

When it comes to the look, Owens is also technically a good heel due to his punchable face
>>
>>1103027
And punchable belly
>>
>>1102999
>>1103006

One less Hart dungeon vanilla midget with "muh technical wrestling".
>>
>>1103033
First off nice dubs.
Secondly, this shouldn't have made me laugh but it did.
>>
The Hate Me Now video package before the match was one of the better ones I've seen though
>>
rey getting a title shot at all is still a surprise to me. people like him aren't suppose to be champions.
>>
>>1102978
Why would they fire him? Shit happens, it is unfortunate
>>
>>1103115
They didn't have to fire him God did.
>>
>>1103064
18+
Owen wasnt vanilla
>>
>>1102900
That Mae Young gave birth to a hand.

I don't get it. I can't imagine that idea being tossed around the room, then being accepted by Vince. And why a hand?

Seriously. What the fuck!?
>>
>>1102921
Can't even argue this.
>>
>>1102900

just looked up a list of main events, and found Miz-Cena ranked as the 25th best out of 30 Wrestlemania main events... so it's in the bottom 20%. We're talking almost as bad as Bam Bam and Lawrence Taylor

what's your point again?
>>
>>1103115
If Austin never wrestled again WCW would of won the war
>>
>>1103064
>>1103118

>Black Hart
>Hands around with niggers in Nation of Domination
>Still wasn't cool by association
NUGGET! NUGGET! NUGGET!
>>
File: 1458183417630.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458183417630.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>1103186

kek

apparently you know nothing about the Monday Night Wars

Even when they were on top, WCW was hemorrhaging money. It only kept going because of Turner's pockets. After the AOL merger, WCW was done no matter what. They only went ahead in ratings because of the nWo, but by the time Austin was white hot, the nWo had imploded into retarded gay ass shit. Hollywood, Wolfpack, bWo, lWo, etc. it was just recycled shit they were peddling. their only real talent was Goldberg, and he had run his course (Show, Jericho, Mysterio, the Radicalz, etc. didn't jump because of Austin - they jumped because WCW was run like shit

WCW was like a fat guy who started a 5k by sprinting - sure, he got out to a good lead, but he severely fucked himself in the long run
>>
>>1103171
Jesus fucking christ, don't bring that shit back man
>>
Why do you keep posting exact duplicates of these shitty threads on /wooo/
>>
>>1102900

And? Miz is the man.
>>
You want to know what blows my mind? How this fuckass sport is still relevant to some.

All of you faggots are the cringiest, most rage-inducing faggots on all of this website.
>>
Why Titus gets suspended for grabbing Vince but Roman gets multiple title shots after punching him in the face and beating the DOOOOKIE out of his son in law
>>
File: mitb title match 2014.jpg (248 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
mitb title match 2014.jpg
248 KB, 1024x640
>shit that still blows your mind

this. 2014 wwe title ladder match at money in the bank.

They had not one. not two. but three new talent in this match they could have given the belt to. CenaWinsLOL

>inb4 "wanting roman to win"
was before he got his obnoxious superman push
>>
>>1103830
No one else could've won that match and have it not be weird.

>bray
maybe, if had beaten cena at mania and been booked better.

>roman
no

>cesaro
maybe if they didnt make him look like a sidekick every week with heyman.

>sheamus
please no

>del rio
if they didnt turn him face for no fucking reason and made him look like an idiot for the longest time maybe.

>kane
If this was early 2012 kane, yes

>orton
He had just been champion and wasn't all that memorable or interesting, so no.
>>
>>1103830
>>1103934
>>1103758
this
>>
>>1103116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm9teEV1wEc
>>
>>1103186
Why would you say that? Everyone knows Triple H single-handedly won the Monday Night Wars.
>>
>>1102978
They have put him in a ridiculous role that led to his death, instead.
>>
>wrestlemania 27 was on track to being the worst in literal decades until it was saved by rock, based punk vs orton, and taker vs hhh.

>only won the title because "muh pr" even though punk brought more mainstream attention to the wwe than they had seen in years, and wwe repayed him by letting a part timer main event mania two years in a row.

>was god knows where on the roster just a couple of months later, as vince probably realized there were much more appropriate people to put the title on.

mindnumbing stuff to think about folks.
>>
>>1103934
it could have been interesting tohave at least seen it on Bray and then let it be an extension of his and Cena's feud at the time. not that that would have done him any favors since Brays never been the same since Mania 2014
>>
>this is a /woo/ thread

top fucking lel
>>
>>1102900
>Match ended in a way that let him keep the title by default
>The Rock comes out and restarts the match
>Just so he can help Miz keep the title again
>>
>>1102900

Wrestling sucked at that time so who even cares?
>>
>>1103186

Because The Rock never existed, right?

The guy whose catchphrases they literally named shows, PPVs and video games after because he was that damn popular?

The Austin/Vince feud was huge.....but they could have still beat WCW if everything else but that happened
>>
>>1102910
he's from Ohio, you mongoloid
>>
>>1102910
>never having chanted "You're from Cleveland" at the Miz or Gargano
>>
>>1103830
>They had not one. not two. but three new talent in this match they could have given the belt to. CenaWinsLOL

Would've been stupid to.
Do you forget the incredible Summerslam match between Cena and Lesnar that followed this? Wouldn't have been one tenth as impactful or memorable had anyone else won.
>>
>>1102910
He's from winnipeg you idiot
>>
>>1104766
the only good thing about it really. it's just at the time, it made me incredibly salty that they went with cena..again. Then again that's the first mistake of watching any wrestling match with John Cena in it, is that thought that 'maybe he won't win this match'.
>>
>>1102900
Miz is great never not entertaining. Can't wrestle for shit. he wrestles likes he's acting.
>>
>>1104766
I'm not sure. Brock squashing Cena was a great match from an entertainment perspective, and the NoC buildup was pretty good too, but between NoC and Royal Rumble we were left with pretty much nothing and it was very boring. That match also made Brock the top babyface in the company, which doesn't really make sense since it seemed like they wanted to give Brock eternal heel heat after breaking Taker's streak.

Let's say Roman came out on top at MITB. People were still behind Roman at that time since the Shield breakup was pretty fresh. If Brock challenged Roman for the title and beat him in a squash match, there's a chance that Roman could have been built up as a babyface that people felt sympathy for after getting absolutely rekt by Brock. He could cash in his rematch clause and lose again, coming close just like Cena did. Then him winning the Royal Rumble and facing Brock would be so much more anticipated, since Roman came close the last time they were matched up. Meanwhile another #1 contender could fight Brock for the Rumble PPV. Seth eventually cashing in his MITB briefcase at Wrestlemania would also probably have gotten more heat on himself and create sympathy for Reigns, if it would still even happen at all since the only reason it did happen was because the fans turned on Reigns.
>>
>>1104846
It was a particularly bad case of Cena needlessly winning.
What's even worse is that he had just beaten Bray in the rubber match for a feud. So they totally could've given Bray the honor of triumphing over Cena in their best-of-3, because Cena would immediately gather all of his heat back at the very next PPV by becoming the company's champion.
>>
>>1103997

The Rock was a large part of the problem, you dipshit. He was shoehorned in at the last minute to generate some hype, and all the fucking time that non-wrestling windbag took up ate into undercard matches. I believe THAT was why the Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus match (for the US Championship if I recall) was bumped to the preshow.
>>
>>1103997
>>only won the title because "muh pr" even though punk brought more mainstream attention to the wwe than they had seen in years,

This was before Punk's push, though.
He was just a midcarder.
>>
>>1104875

I think you two are talking about different Summerslam matches.
>>
>>1104877
which makes it all the more painful knowing Bray Wyatt would never be taken seriously as a competitor ever again and would lose every feud he was in except for the time he fought ryback for some reason and the dudley's for some reason
>>
>>1104888
Cena won the vacant title at MITB 2014 (>>1103830)
and then went on to face Brock at Summerslam 2014, which is what we're talking about
>>
File: jbl is.gif (2 MB, 275x195) Image search: [Google]
jbl is.gif
2 MB, 275x195
>>1102900

this

who fucking decided this would be a good idea...

>two black gangsters
>white rapper dude
>early in Cena's career, wanting to get him over
>JBL's limo getting fucked up weekly
>"poopy"
>fucking "poopy"
>that was such... sufferin succotash...
>>
>>1103184
Source? I wanna check this out.
>>
>>1102900
>copypasting word for word from /wooo/ threads

filtered
>>
>>1104894
>>1105788
>>1105831
>>1103184
>>1105833
this
>>
File: jim-duggan.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
jim-duggan.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>1102900

Jim Duggan was active wrestler on the WWE's main roster as recently as 2009.

I remember watching WCW in the mid 90's and thinking how old as fuck Duggan was, if you would have told me back than he would STILL be wrestling for WWF 15 years later I would have thought you were fucking crazy.
>>
>>1105788
>>early in Cena's career,

JBL is poopy was in 2008
>>
>>1105865

>main roster in 2002
>done in 2008 (6 years in)
>still active in 2016 (14 years in)
>will probably be around for a lot longer, unfortunately

6/14 of his current career, probably 6/20 of his total career

what's your point?
>>
>>1105857

On that note.

Bob Armstrong is still wrestling intermittently, more than fifty fucking years after making his debut. He's outlasted most of his own kids in the business.
>>
>>1104887

>In a match against Orton at WM
>Midcarder
>>
>>1105857

the flaw in your logic is how old they "look"

Duggan comes from an older generation where wrestlers didn't have "the look" that they do today. even people like Samamrtino who had a hell of a physique didn't have "the look." Cena is getting old, but he still looks like he's in his 20s. Flair, on the other hand, looked the same in the early 90s as he did in the late 00s, albeit with a few more wrinkles. Most 80s/90s wrestlers looked kind of old. Because a lot of them were just regular guys who were in on the business.
>>
>>1107557

"WWE says every event is a main event, so there's no such thing as a midcarder!!!!!1!"

>There's only one event
>Everyone else is midcard or below.
>>
>>1103997
>letting a part timer main event mania two years in a row

This shit pisses me off in general. Rock started it, Lesnar did it, Taker has been forced to do it because he's too old to be a regular

They're really fucking themselves in general. By giving the main events to part-timers, they're really hurting the young talent. This is the same shit that fucked the WCW over. People like Cogan, Nash, Flair, etc. all wanted their air time, and every main event was some garbage about them jacking each other off. They pissed off everyone from Austin to Jericho to Eddie to Rey... They didn't have homegrown talent because they didn't give young talent the rub. Think of all the people Undertaker has had a hand in rising up - from Cena to Jeff Hardy to Maven (showing it's not just people guaranteed success). People like Taker know you should take everything the business has given you, and help use it to lift up those who come after you - not just feed your own ego like Hull Cogan's elk.

tl;dr main eventing part timers fuck over young talent and fuck the WWE's long-term success
>being felt now by the severe lack of depth on the roster, when a few injuries fuck up the entire company
>>
>>1102900
That beyond Rollins (and they're doing their best to fuck that up) is the only legit main eventer the WWE has managed to make in the last ten years that is still actively on the roster.
>>
>>1102900
It blows my mind that Kevin Dunn legit thinks he has a chance of taking over after Vince dies. Its so obviously going to be Haitch and he is going to throw Dunn out on his ass and wrestling across the world will be better for it.
>>
File: bucky.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bucky.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>1107593

where did you get that from?

Given how shit the product has been, I've wondered how much control Dunn has had lately. Dude is the biggest piece of shit that's even been involved in wrestling.

Vince has already repaid ten-times-over Dunn's dad saving those tapes. With Steph, Haitch, and Shane around, Vince would seriously want to demolish his company if he were to let Bucky Beaver have control
>>
>>1107598
Why else would be he be torpedoing almost every NXT talent that has come up since Haitch took over?
>>
>>1107609

as smarky as we are, we still don't know everything that happens in the actual company/business of WWE. We don't really know how much comes from Vince, from Bucky, from Haitch, etc. It seems Haitch has a lot of control over NXT, but probably not that much control over Raw. Considering it's getting to the point that NXT is even better than Raw, hopefully Vince can see the light.
>>
>>1107612
Fair enough. But we do know for a fact due to interviews with former writers and talent, that everything top to bottom is approved by Vince and Dunn is his right hand man. And we know Hunter is lead booker of NXT.

As for Vince seeing the light, it's entirely possible that he'll see NXT as a threat and pull the plug. If you listen to Hunter in interviews he's always very careful not to put NXT over too hard, he says it's a niche product and it's not for everyone. To be fair that niche is called "wrestling fans" but Vince doesn't think they're a wrestling company anymore.
>>
>>1102910

this.

Just listen closely to his theme song.

>I came to play
>There's a price to pay
>Time to get down on my knees
and the music gets louder here, cutting out his sentence.
>>
>>1107624
>and pray

You fucking moron.
>>
>>1107624
kek

>>1107621
One thing Trips learned after the Curtain Call was to eat shit, learn to love it, and you'll one day get your kingdom. I think that lesson affects how he promotes NXT - he wants to keep looking humble
>ironic considering his theme is telling people to bow to him

I know Dunn is one of the last hangers-on from the 90s, now that people like Pat and Hayes are fading out (I assume that's why the Freebirds are just now going in the HOF, because Hayes has been involved so much backstage). You may still hang out with that one friend from high school, but you're still not going to put him in your will - especially when your kids/son in law are so heavily involved
>>
>>1107643
>Hayes fading out
Thank Christ.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of fight Dunn puts up on the way out, but I doubt he's got many friends back there.

Realistically I'd prefer Shane-O take the lead, but we know for a fact that isn't going to happen.
>>
>>1107643
Patterson hasn't had an official role in the company for over a decade
>>
>>1107653
Patterson will always be an adviser as long as he's up for offering advice. Considering how many things he's thought of, there's no reason Vince wouldn't consult him, unless Pat wants to be left alone

>>1107649
>doubt [Bucky Beaver]'s got many friends back there
Vince is the only friend he needs
If you don't know the story, Dunn's father saved a bunch of tapes back-in-the-day, and Vince's father promised Senior that Junior would always be taken care of. This was back in the day when shows were pre-taped well in advance (not just days or a week in advance, but you could have weeks or even months of video taped all at once, with the shows being done right after the other or in a matter of days). If they'd lost those tapes, it would have been a huge loss for the WWWF. don't know if it would've put them out of business, but in the modern era, it would be like putting out a fire that would have burned the WWE headquarters to the ground. Bucky Beaver is like Vince's retarded brother that he promised his parents he'd always look after. Cornette tells a story about insulting Dunn, and Vince essentially forced him to go apologize to him (during which Bucky cried like a baby)
>>
>>1113447
>there's no reason Vince wouldn't consult him,

You mean besides Vince being an old, stubborn, out-of-touch asshole?
>>
>>1107649
>>1107643
>Hayes fading out
Lol no

The only reason the New Day are getting their push is because of him
>>
>>1113453
Vince and Pat are practically joined at the hip. Patterson probably DL sucks his dick on the reg

>>1113461
Hayes used to practically be Vince's shadow. Dude practically traveled in Gorilla while the stage was on the truck... If you see any shot of the back stage from like 1996 until the past few years, Hayes will be there. I'm not saying he's gone, just that he's not as ever-present as he once was
>>
>>1113486
Patterson retired from the company in 2004
>>
>>1102900
I hope will headline again one day. He is truly awesome and always one of the most entertaining parts of the Monday Night Raw tv show
>>
>>1113486
>until the past few years
Did you watch the Daniel Bryan special they just aired tonight?

When Bryan went into Vince's office to say hello before his segment, Hayes was right there sitting in Vince's office. This was just earlier this year.
>>
>>1113509

he's still a sort of freelance consultant

he doesn't sit in meetings or have any regular position, but it's not like Vince is going to cut him out. we don't know too much about the "thought process" for things, but I can't conceive of Vince not phoning him up at all

>my original point was that Patterson was fading out anyway, and becoming less involved - and you're sort of making my point, just arguing over the exact timeline
>>
>>1113520

again, like in the Pat discussion, it's not "he was there and now he's gone" - it's about the old timers not being AS involved. I assume Hayes still has some regular job with the company, he's just not within 50 feet of the ring 24/7
>>
>>1113523
> 2010s Vince listening to anybody

What a hilarious premise
>>
>>1113532

like I've said before (I think earlier in this post) we don't know everything about the business side of it. When they decide to push Reigns.. does Vince sit in his office, call someone up, and tell them to figure out a push? does he give them all the storyline points? Is creative having a discussion and they decide to push Reigns? Does Rock call up someone in creative and tell them to give him a push if they want him at Wreslemania?

We love to be smarky, but very few people actually know the processes of how that stuff works. Hell, I work at a large retail store, and half the time you don't know who decided to place a display somewhere. And that's a city-scale store, not an international conglomerate. Obviously it's Vince's company and he's still the boss, but we don't know how the actual decision making processes work completely.

>tl;dr we're arguing about shit that we only pretend to know that much about
>>
>>1113542
>we don't know everything about the business side of it. When they decide to push Reigns.. does Vince sit in his office, call someone up, and tell them to figure out a push? does he give them all the storyline points? Is creative having a discussion and they decide to push Reigns? Does Rock call up someone in creative and tell them to give him a push if they want him at Wreslemania?

Just because you're a dumb-as-fuck know-nothing mark it doesn't mean that everybody else is. Sit down, dweeb.
>>
Miz should be ashamed of himself
>>
>>1113556

where exactly do you get your information from?

Dave Meltzer, who everyone generally mocks when it comes to serious stuff?

People like Cornette or Russo who love to talk, but don't know anything what's happened in WWE in over a decade?

Mysterious unnamed sources in third-rate internet articles posted in forums?

There are probably like a dozen people who have actual knowledge of the stuff we're talking about, and they're the people that work in WWE HQ and are Vince's aide-de-camps

>You think you know Vince
>You think you know Vince
>You will never know Vince
>You know what he allows you to know
>You're just a puppet
>>
>>1115818
>who everyone generally mocks when it comes to serious stuff?
By everyone do you mean a group of manchildren on 4chan?
>>
>>1115818
> WWE is some mysterious secret society despite the company never being more transparent

Go reunite The Funky Bunch already Marky Mark

> like a dozen people

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1115857

Please earn a livable wage
>>
>>1115857

By everyone, I mean everyone who matters.

Meltzer is good as an analyst, a reviewer, etc., but a lot of people take that and assume he's this sage psychic who knows everything there is to know in the universe about wrestling
>>
>>1115910
>he rents his bed linens
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.