[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /wwe/s opinion of Daddy Meltzer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5
File: n300822830059_9279_400x400.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
n300822830059_9279_400x400.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
What is /wwe/s opinion of Daddy Meltzer?
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>1102852

This
>>
>>1102852
>>1102872

This
>>
Is he autistic?
>>
>>1102879
He'll have to be because of his obsession with wrestling. Therefore we're all autistic.
>>
>>1102852
Still best dude who knows stuff.
>>
>>1102890
So?
>>
Strange, he only has one chin
>>
>>1102852

Smark god ruined wrestling more than Vince McMahon. Can't admit that WM3 actually did have 93K fans.
>>
He's ok, I think he might be legit autistic
>>
>>1102852
A biased dumbfuck that unironically calls Ric Flair the greatest, wanks over anything japanesd and unironically says the lowest drawing champ of all time was a draw
He also said he wished he could give Wargames 92 6 stars

Tldr
He is a kike joke
>>
>>1103142

This. He's pretty much the wrestling version of a fedoralord
>>
>>1103100
>Can't admit that WM3 actually did have 93K fans.
fucking hell Vince
>>
>>1103162

Football games at the Silverdome held 80K. How does a sold out wrestling event in the same stadium hold less?
>>
File: lemeltz.jpg (81 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
lemeltz.jpg
81 KB, 640x640
GOAT pro wrestling journalist
>>
>>1103100
Turn your trip back on Vince
>>
>>1102852
um...well...you know...he's alright but plans could change
>>
>>1103164
Because the Silverdome could only hold 80k at the time of Wrestlemania 3

The pope got just 500 over the reported figure that WM 3 got despite using far more of the actual pitch area
>>
>>1103205

80K in the stands + 13K on the concrete "field" = 93K. Wide angle shots of the stadium show a full house.
>>
>>1102852
I, uh, well, there's, uh.... Look, it's, well, you see, it's complicated. Like, it's clear.... it's clear that this guy, uh, you know, knows his stuff, you know? But, uh, well... well... well, let's just say he know's his stuff.
>>
>>1103205

The fact that it is so important to Meltzer to prove Vince is working a fake crowd figure shows how much of an autist he is. This is the same guy that treats kitschy wrestling like it is high art and worthy of "star ratings". Truth is it is some ex-jocks that fondle each other for a couple minutes and do some cool shit in the ring.
>>
>>1102852
Well you know
>>
>>1103314
Yeah, it could have been 93k, the Pope got 93k

but the Pope pictures have way more, despite only being reported at 500 more

I'd say WM3 probably had like 88k
>>
>>1103354
Okay, and why does this matter? It's still a huge crowd no matter how you count it. Next you will be telling me Andre the Giant isn't 7-4, but "only" 6-10 with a heavy slouch. Wrestling is a show, not science. Accuracy isn't necessary.
>>
>>1103327
>The fact that it is so important to Meltzer to prove Vince is working a fake crowd figure shows how much of an autist he is.
Vince has said that the attendance is also apart of the entertainment.
>>
>>1103396

It is. It makes the event seem more spectacular. A lot of wrestlers also claim to be "world's strongest man" or "sexiest man alive" without much proof. Vince and PT Barnum are of the same mold.
>>
>>1103401
Mark Henry once held the world deadlift record. I'd say that's a far claim by wrestling standards.
>>
>>1103401
Mark Henry was the world's strongest man
>>
>>1103393
I didn't say it matters or not

It's just that Meltzer is probably right when they state the attendance is 93k
>>
>>1103142
>wanks over anything japanesd

The opposite of this is true. He knows absolutely nothing about Japanese pro wrestling. Foreword: yes I used to be a huge wrestling weeb with no gf and no life living my moms basement etc just to get that out of the way. But I used collect and trade tapes and shit from promotions like BML and had seen every 90 AJPW match, blah, blah blah.

I can tell you this much, Meltzer doesn't know shit about the Japanese scene any more than most people posting here. He knew a couple of guys names and always rated their matches high just because, then everything else was either second hand opinion or completely fabricated. Especially when it came to news about Japanese promotions. The little Japanese pro wrestling he did watch he must've judged on the most bizarre and arbitrary inconsistent standards.

He is all over the place when it comes to match ratings in general tho.

But yeah if he talks about Japan or Mexico fucking ignore him basically he's bullshitting you.

Imo you'd have to be a retard to accept his opinion on US pro wrestling but he at least knows a lot about it even if he has bizarre prejudices which means he can't into objectivity.
>>
>>1103426
>AUTISM
>>
>>1103426
>objectivity
in regards to what?
>>
>>1103420
>>1103419

> held one record
No arguing Henry is strong as an ox, but there are hundreds of men on earth who could just as legitimately make that claim. Mariusz Pudzianowski has a better claim, winning five actual world strongman competitions.
>>
>>1102852
wel-l uh, thingis uh wa not too m-much is ahhhhhh...happening
>>
>>1103432

Meltzer is more of a critic than a journalist, that's what he means.
>>
>>1103100
>>1103164
>>1103314

>Not realising that attendance figures are as fake as the wrestling
>>
>>1103446
Uhh. You know uhhhh. It is what it is.
>>
>>1103426
Either that or he has different taste to you.
>>
>>1103508

Meltzer claims there was 78K there. I could see maybe 88K, but 78K is lower than the documented capacity for the stadium and the seats all looked full.
>>
File: Bryan-Alvarez.jpg (14 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
Bryan-Alvarez.jpg
14 KB, 200x273
HE'S GREAT!!!!
>>
He's uh...pretty spectacular really...when you look at him on paper...you uh..you uh...think he's a pretty okay...well maybe not okay...pretty great guy, y'know?
>>
>>1102852
He is uh you know, we will have to wait and see you know
>>
>>1102852
is he autistic, or just a cuck?
>>
>>1103535
There is a lot of ring space. I'm not sure you could fit 10k people standing but quite a few I should think.
>>
>>1104139

What is this autism?
>>
Can Meltzer ever not say "You know"?
>>
>>1103667
Why is this whinny mexican midget so shit at dealing with technology?
>>
He's a big guy
>>
Anyone know where I can find a picture of Vaders weiner? Asking for a friend
>>
>>1102852
Umm... yeah. Well you know... it is what it is.
>>
>>1104365
He's over 40.
The man owns a Mac too, so that's pretty much all you need to know.
>>
>>1102852

um uh well you see that just, err, ahhh roman reigns is pretty good
>>
>>1102852
Sometimes he's right. Sometimes he makes stuff up. Sometimes he's wrong.
He's not particularly noteworthy.
>>
>>1102852
He really made the whole dirtsheets thing huge, so I can definitely respect him for that.

Not only that, he's also pretty good at rating matches and stuff.

A lot of people say he is biased towards Japanese style wrestling, when that's actually not true at all. Note how all his high rated matches come from either 90s AJPW, current NJPW, and a few early 2000s NOAH stuff. All these eras of Japanese Prowrestling are very well known for having a style that was not straight up Japanese, but with a HUGE Western influence. Purely Japanese stuff like the Strong Style of what NJPW used to be or whatever the fuck it is AJPW is doing today; Meltzer dislikes that stuff a lot more than anything Western.

I know a lot of people hate on him saying Flair is among the greatest, but I can see how that makes sense since Flair is the excellent combination of someone with a lot of charisma who can do fantastic promos while also being a very technical wrestler.
>>
le
>>
>>1105340
>I know a lot of people hate on him saying Flair is among the greatest

You mean literally just Bretmark? There is a reason why if you ask most wrestlers who is the greatest of all time, most will list Flair in their top 3.
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>1108694

Do you think Flair is in Scott Steiners top three?
>>
>>1105340
> being a very technical wrestler
Lolwhat

>>1108694
Flair is a meme spot monkey clown
Hardly even a wrestler
>>
>>1108755
When are you going to just adopt a trip so everyone can filter you?

It's like you've got brain damage.
>>
>>1108816

Begging you to shower daily
>>
nice bod, good chest hair, would lads
>>
>>1108816
> redditfiltering
Figures
Go back to your hugbox
>>
File: MINUSFIVESTARS.jpg (128 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
MINUSFIVESTARS.jpg
128 KB, 960x720
WHAT A GEEK
>>
Biased as fuck. Look at his lists of "biggest draws in wrestling", retarded criteria just so it makes his favorite floppy titted old man look good.
>>
>>1104365
MY INTERNET WAS DOWN, THIS IS MAGIC
>>
>>1102852
He needs to get that cough looked at.
>>
>>1113829
Bryan is a qt.
>>
>>1102852
Big Dave is the best.

Also, B!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1105340
If Flair isn't the greatest, who is?
>>
>>1114120
Flair is the biggest draw in pro wrestling entertainment. He sold out the North Korea stadium holding the all time biggest attendance record. The Summerslam attendance for that UK show was half, and most people there were there to see Warror vs Macho in a followup to their awesome Wrestlemania match, not your faveorite whinny bitch
>>
>>1115834

Please have sex
>>
>>1115834
Please have sex
>>
Meltzer gets credit because he worked a lot of years as a legit sports journalist before moving over full time to covering pro wrestling.

Bryan Alvarez on the other hand ... no.
>>
>>1103667
howwwwwsitgoingeverybody
>>
>>1115834
wait Bret Marks think he was the draw in the match vs the BRITISH Bulldog??? oh lawd
>>
>>1120220
everyone like Dave needs a meme spouter sidekick like Alvarez
>>
>>1120220
he brings the bants tho
>>
>>1115834
I'm pretty sure most of the Korean people who attended that event were forced to attend.
>>
>>1120292
I'm pretty sure Davey Boy could've taken on Rick Martel in the main event and the crowd would have been exactly the same
>>
>>1115834
> sold out
> sold
They were literally forced to attend by their dictator on pain of death

Even then a few brave souls resisted the torture of having to watch a Flair 'match'

>>1120235
He literally was
You are sorely underestimating how much is bongs love based Bret
>>
File: mad money meltz.jpg (76 KB, 598x398) Image search: [Google]
mad money meltz.jpg
76 KB, 598x398
>>1120292
Well, uh, that's just the mentality.
[COUGHS ETERNALLY]
Um, It is what it is.
>>
>>1103393
Ask Droz if accuracy was necessary
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.