[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bret Hart said Scott Bigelow was the best "big man"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: Bam.jpg (42 KB, 387x352) Image search: [Google]
Bam.jpg
42 KB, 387x352
Bret Hart said Scott Bigelow was the best "big man" he ever wrestled. That's quite the compliment.

Most are not familiar with Bam Bam's work in the late 1980's. When he and Andre the Giant were selling out Madison Square Garden. Bigelow's popularity grew so fast, Vince had plans to make him the WWE champion.

Injuries and poor booking held him back. What are your thoughts on the "Beast from the East"?

https://youtu.be/6-InfbjSdTM
>>
File: Bam Bam Bigelow.jpg (62 KB, 577x361) Image search: [Google]
Bam Bam Bigelow.jpg
62 KB, 577x361
>Survivor Series 1987
>Andre the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, and Rick Rude
>versus
>Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera, and Bam Bam Bigelow
Bam Bam and Andre became the last two survivors, although Andre would win the match. For Bigelow to outlast Hulk Hogan during this era was unheard of.
>>
>>1102310
One of the greatest who unfortunately wasted the final years of his prime in WCW and got run out from the WWF due to Kliq bullshit.

At least his ECW run was amazing.
>>
>>1102310
Used to scare the absolute shit out of me as a kid and as i got older i started to appreciate him for the great wrestler he was
Imo he blew Vader out of the water, sadly i understand his best work was in outlaWCW and havent seen that much of it

Also im glad that he had more WM MEs than CM Punk and Ric Flair combined, he deserved it
>>
>>1102318
Bigelow's best work was in ECW

In particular his feud w/ Taz
>>
>watching Andre wrestle in the late 1980s
Good God no.
>>
>>1102325
Gonna check it out
Is it on the network and what events should i look for
>>
Too bad his career was ruined jobbing to Lawrence Taylor.
>>
>>1102329
Don't know if it's on their Network but Living Dangerously 1998 & Heat Wave 1998 are their two big matches.

Heat Wave 1998 is a banger show in general, actually
>>
>>1102350
Safe pham
>>
>>1102310
Underrated. Never got the credit he deserved. Guy was brilliant. Rest in peace.
>>
Like everything he ever did and he did a bang up job getting a good match out of Lawrence Taylor
>>
DO A MOONSAULT YOU FAT FUCK
>>
>>1102310
Never actually watched any of his matches. I assumed from his retarded ring name that he was just some shitty big man. I'll check him out.
>>
File: Bam Bam Bigelow.png (154 KB, 421x315) Image search: [Google]
Bam Bam Bigelow.png
154 KB, 421x315
Shoots and buries the Kliq

https://youtu.be/x1h1WKFK4mk
>>
>>1102310

Bigelow's greatest enemy was himself. He wasn't the most unprofessional big man out there, but he was damn close. Hard to convince promoters to push a guy they know will just disappear with no notice or reason given.
>>
>>1102328
>watching andre wrestle at all
>not realizing that andre is the biggest draw of all time

andre got wolf eyes on him. people who didn't watch wrestling at all could just see a poster of him being billed as a real giant and they'd come see him out of freakshow fascination
>>
>>1104158
> retarded
It's a fucking great name you faggot
>>
>>1102310
not many people know he died from burns suffered from rescuing a kid from a burning house. no shit. real life hero i've heard
>>
>>1106112

They really did fuck over Shane Douglas. He could have been GOAT and they gave him that awful dean gimmick.
>>
>>1106144
>not many people know he died from burns suffered from rescuing a kid from a burning house. no shit. real life hero i've heard
"On the morning of January 19, 2007, Bigelow was found dead in his home by Remiesiewicz at approximately 10:00 a.m. EST in Hudson, Florida. He was 45 years old. The autopsy results showed that Bigelow's death was due to multiple drugs found in his system including toxic levels of cocaine and an anti-anxiety drug. Bigelow was also suffering from a heart problem, specifically arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease, and had severe back problems."

Rest in peace, Scott Bigelow.
>>
>>1106169
Well yeah, but almost a decade before that he DID get burned, SO THERE
>>
>>1106144
Not many people know that bullshitting on the internet gets you no where.
>>
>>1106138
Bam Bam Bigelow is a great name?

Like the baby off Flinstones?
>>
>>1106221
Yep, the badboy baby that was super strong and used to hit everything. It is a based name

>>1106202
>>1106185
> what is painkiller addiction
Why are americunts so dumb bros?
>>
>>1106117

This quite honestly.

He was enormously talented for a big man but he kinda screwed himself. He was very unprofessional backstage early on in his career and thought he was over more than he really was.

Most of you are too young to remember this but when he entered the WWF, they teased his premier for months which included a story of who was going to manage him when he premiered. Upon his HUGELY suspenseful premire, it finally ended with him announcing Oliver Humperdink, a mostly unknown manager to most WWF fans but well known in the NWA. He was then booked as a face instead of heel much to the surprise of everyone which in the end ruined his WWF run from the beginning. As the story goes, Hogan was fearful of Bigelow and thought Vince may have him take the belt from him since Vince had a feud with the two planned so Hogan convinced Vince to change his mind and book him as a face. There was talk of turning him heel to feud with Savage after WMIV which would have stem from their tournament match at WMIV, but an altercation with Andre and Jake Roberts in the locker room shortly afterwards put Bigelow on Vince's shit list.

By the time he got to ECW he had learned from his previous mistakes and made sure not to blow his chance on rejuvenating his career. Heyman booked him right and he ended up with the best matches of his career there.
>>
>>1106420

By the time he got to ECW he had learned from his previous mistakes and made sure not to blow his chance on rejuvenating his career. Heyman booked him right and he ended up with the best matches of his career there.

He signed with WCW just due to the amount of money they were throwing at him. When he was signed, he was one of ECW's biggest stars and his contract with WCW showed it as it was the most money he would end up ever making wrestling. He was offered a spot in WWE after the purchase of WCW as part of the ECW/WCW Invasion stable but he decided to ride out his old WCW contract until it's end instead of signing with WWF. It was probably the worst decision of his career since he was rumored to be one of the "major players" of the WCW/ECW team.
>>
>>1102310
His ring attire was always horrible.
>>
>>1106420

He also managed to pretty much kill his career in japan, although half of that wasn't his fault. Dude could've had a spot for life as the next guy in the Vader/Hansen monster gaijin role, but he had to fuck it up by acting like he didn't trust Baba.
>>
>>1102350
>>1102350
tfw everyone and their little sisters stole that ring collapse spot
>>
>>1102310

When I went to Bam Bam's funeral, there weren't many people there. I miss him.
>>
>>1107036
>When I went to Bam Bam's funeral, there weren't many people there. I miss him.
What were you doing at his funeral? Just curious.
>>
>>1106420
>Manlets, when will they learn
>>
>>1107037

My father was high school friends with Bigelow, and they did things together like fishing and bowling. I never got to meet him, but I watched his matches all the time.
>>
>>1106420
>There was talk of turning him heel to feud with Savage after WMIV which would have stem from their tournament match at WMIV, but an altercation with Andre and Jake Roberts in the locker room shortly afterwards put Bigelow on Vince's shit list.

Well this is quite the load of bullshit.

Bigelow was already on his way out at WrestleMania IV
>>
>>1106420
You do know all that shit is fake and scripted, right?
>>
>>1106221
Don't forget Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy.
>>
>>1109581
Fuck you're dumb
>>
>>1102310
That dude was scary fast.
>>
>>
I haven't seen his 80s WWF run, but when I was younger I thought he was really intimidating in ECW. I just started watching his Japanese stuff w/Vader, and I wanna see him in his youth. Great big-man wrestler, he could certainly move around well.
>>
>>1102315
and there are idiots that still cheer for triple h for god knows why
>>
>>1114112
Because I don't discuss children's soap operas like they're real life?
>>
>>1115991
> implying he was

SO dumb.
>>
>>1106517
negro, his outfit was awesome. excpet for that stupid jacket thing her started wearing at one point
>>
>In July 2000, Bigelow received second degree burns on 40% of his body while rescuing three children from a burning house near his home. Following the incident, Bigelow spent two months recovering in a hospital.
Godspeed, BamBam. Also, because of Trips and the way he died, he will never become a WWE Hall of Famer, despite his career. For fucks shad, The Godfather became Hall of Famer (most likely because of backstage politics by The Undertaker, since The Godfather was part of the B.S.K) before him.
>>
>>1116010
You might be retarded, anon.
>>
>>1116113
That doesn't mean you aren't definitely stupid.

(Because you are.)
>>
>>1102310

>Bret Hart said Tammy Sytch was the best diva he ever "wrestled". That's quite the compliment.
>>
>>1116163
He had a sunny day.
>>
>>1102310
One of my eternal favorites
>>
File: def93f9340newjack.jpg (26 KB, 600x903) Image search: [Google]
def93f9340newjack.jpg
26 KB, 600x903
>>1106153
Shane was a faggot and his hardcore revival was retarded
>>
>>1102310
Gone to soon
>>
>>1116047
>For fucks shad,
Now now, let's not drag Cryme Tyme into this.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.