[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are actually people on this board who don't think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8
File: the best there ever will be.jpg (185 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the best there ever will be.jpg
185 KB, 1024x768
There are actually people on this board who don't think Bret Hart is the best Wrestler of all time
>>
That's not John Cena
>>
>be 50 years old
>still think wrestling is real

canadians, ladies and gentlemen
>>
File: Shitman.jpg (588 KB, 1280x1222) Image search: [Google]
Shitman.jpg
588 KB, 1280x1222
Fuck Bret. The overhyped 80's-lookin'-motherfucker is still the god of nostalgia-loving rose-tinted-goggles-wearing middle-aged marks somehow.

I'm thankful to Goldberg for ending Hart's career.
>>
>>1099282
Sorry I cant hear you over the sound of the WOOOOO
>>
All his matches were the same moves in the same order following the same formula. He had 2 matches, one when he was a heel and one when he was a face, and that's it.

He is the most overrated of all time including Flair and Angle.
>>
>bret hart buries the world

Just saw this on youtube and the kek's from it is too much. No fucks given!
>>
>>1099362

Liked and subscribed
>>
>>1099282
He's not as good as Flair, and is provably neck and neck with Michaels.

Top 5 in ring of all time inarguably.
>>
>>1099368
Kanemoto
Kobashi
Destroyer
Robinson
Minoru
Regal
Eddie
Kawada
Liger
Jumbo
Etc

Bret doesn't even feature in the top fucking 20 lol
>>
>>1099374
>weebshit

Anon, please.
>>
File: antismarks.jpg (105 KB, 941x611) Image search: [Google]
antismarks.jpg
105 KB, 941x611
>>1099377
(you)
>>
>>1099385
Bryan is one of the GOATs
Ramen is fine, I like him
Punk is overrated but hard af and a good worker
Dean ashit

If you only watch one promotion then fuck you

Suck a dick and learn your history faggots
>>
Kanemoto
>Literally who

Kobashi
>Give you this one

Destroyer
>Just... No.

Robinson
>See above

Minoru
>Overrated.

Regal
>Mid carder

Eddie
>Based Eddie

Kawada
>Fair enough.

Liger
>m-muh Jericho's idol

Jumbo
>Anon...

Bret is better than everyone on that list.

Also, I actually do really like Ryback.
>>
Bret Hart? Isn't that the guy who is known as being second best to HBK and doesn't have a prostate?
>>
>>1099397
I agree ryback is the greatest of all time only after bunkhouse Buck and Ultimate Dragon
>>
>>1099409
I don't think he's even a good wrestler I just really like him, he seems like a good guy and has a decent character.
>>
>>1099394
I was defending you
>>
>>1099411
No he's almost as good as Mikey Whipwreck
>>
>no Amish Roadkill
>no Current Events Dragon
>no Greg the Ham Valentine
Plebs
>>
Bret's pretty good

But he's no Norman Smiley
>>
File: SCSA.png (470 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SCSA.png
470 KB, 1280x720
>>1099282

“I spit on the life, the career and family of Bret 'the Hitman' Hart. And if his parents were been smart enough to practice safe sex some 30 years ago I wouldn't be dealing with him right now."
>>
He is top five for me, and my favorite when I was a kid after Hulk Hogan and Macho Man.
>>
>>1099385
Holy fuck stop spamming your shitty Paint comic idiot.
>>
>>1099362
There is another one where everybody is burying him. It is better.
>>
>>1099377
>>1099397
If you only watch WWE you don't have a valid opinion on wrestling.
>>
>>1099708
Would rather have a life than a "valid opinion on wrestling".
>>
>>1099634

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaCObFNYQ0

here you go senpai.
>>
>>1099282
>TFW I read the pic as Bret "The Human" Hart
>>
>>1099394
>If you only watch one promotion then fuck you

How can you watch multiple promotions and think Ramen is "fine"? He doesn't even cut it in WWE, let alone the entire world.
>>
>>1099711
Joke's on you, 'cause you don't have either.
>>
>>1099716
> nWoWolfcuckTV
>>
>>1099720
Because even great talent is degraded to conform to WWEs "7 points" match style. Every has the same handful of of moves that they hit in the same sequence witching 1 of 5 or so different match templates. Individual skill becomes almost irrelevant, and I think that's the point for WWE, they have what they consider best practise for ease of management, kinda like how every McDonald's restaurant looks the same and makes the same food. It's a scalable and controllable brand, they have their process and that's how it is. That's why they take proven exceptional talent and throw them in "developmental"; it's not because they're not good or developed enough, it's because they're not accustomed to the standardized WWE template.

Well, Reigns fits in fine here. He hits all his spots when he should according to the match layout and looks like a Superhero doing it. Objectively I could point out all sorts of shit about the psychology of closed fist punches in wrestling and etc, and I used to when I was a tape trading no lifer who watched everything and amassed ultimate fucking knowledge, but idgaf anymore and don't watch much of anything really. But there is nothing overtly "bad" about Reigns' performance that one couldn't criticise most the roster for. This was the same thing with Batista when sharks were shitting all over hi while he was not only doing his job appropriately for what and who he was but learning and exceeding expectations to become a really solid talent in the ring (ignoring the talking and shit because I don't pay much attention to that, just the matches); Reigns is very much in a similar position.

Id be interested in hearing some really objective feedback about why his wrestling is bad though, honestly, because I can't see anything wrong with it within the confines of WWEs weird style.

By
>>
>>1099747
> the few moves he does he doesn't do well
> virtually no fucking actual strength
> CERO CARDIO

To go with your analogy: if Reigns was a McDonald's item, he'd be one of the shitty C-list meals that nobody buys.

It's not the "WWE-style" that makes him shit, it's his own shittiness.
>>
Bret will always be the best

Not just to us normies, but almost anyone he ever worked with.
>>
>>1099762
This unless you are a fat piece of shit like Kim Kong Bundy or Vader, you have nothing but love and respect for him.

Also Bret does not bury people. He speaks his mind on the handful of people who he legit does not like
>>
>>1099756
This is imaginary though, if he had no strength or cardio he would collapse during his matches. He obviously has enough of both to complete his matches just fine without botching anything too terribly.

This seems like confirmation bias or your own perception of him rather than objective criticism about his ability to do what's expected of him.
>>
>>1099765
>Bret Hart gives Bundy place to stay and eat for 3 months due to dinosaurs like him having no place in wrestling anymore
>Buries Bret on every podcast he is on saying he had no talent

Some people are just pieces of shit, you can change that, even with acts of kindness
>>
>>1099768
lel did you even watch the Royal Rumble this year, when he was gasping for air during Styles' entrance?

> without botching anything too terribly

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdqGgU8gb6g
>>
>>1099282

How can he be the best of all time when he only got reactions in Canada and didn't know how to use a microphone?

The award he should get is most butthurt, him and CM Punk should hold that award together.
>>
>>1099785
>he only got reactions in Canada

This is just sad even for lazy bait
>>
>>1099785
Huge in Canada
Huge in Europe
Go watch all the pops for Bret from 1993 to 1996 from USA based events How old are you anon?
>>
Bret got no reaction as a face in the USA. I remember on Raws Vince Mcmahon would always be like listen to that reaction Hitman, but he was getting no reaction everyone was quiet. Then some kid would get Brets stupid glasses but you can tell he didnt want them
>>
>>1099787
>>1099792

He literally was getting booed or no reaction anywhere in the US, and it got worse when he was champ and there was nothing but complete apathy. You can meme all you want about "18+" but you cant show me a Bret Hart video or clip of him getting cheered anywhere that isn't Canada.
>>
>>1099796
>>1099801
Alright. The most organic pops are the ones of surprise or no music to drown out the crowd So let's start with

Royal Rumble 94
Royal Rumble 97

Now name me some quiet USA matches that ain't Anti USA Gimmick Bret from late 97
>>
>>1099801
Hehehe, he is under 18 anon, no wonder
>>
>>1099357
> copypasting my post word for word about Flair
Sad
>>
>>1099374
> robinson
> random gooks
Lol

>>1099716
> NWlolwolfcuc
Nearly as fedora as le meltz
>>
>>1099801
> this is what underaged kliqfraggles truly believe
>>
>>1099801
Since you are to young to pay for the WWE network, I am sure your parent let you use the Internet since you ended up here.

Just go one simple please

Go to the WWE's youtube channel

In the search type Bret Hart

Sit back and shut the fuck up, you are already a loser in high school, don't be a loser here too
>>
Still waiting for the counter matches

I guess it's past his bed time
>>
>>1099282
Jericho in WcW and early 2000's
>>
>>1099865
Cue a bunch of videos of Hart playing second fiddle to HBK
>>
>>1100027
ARM DRAG
>>
>>1100060
Pls be troll
>>
>>1100059
Bret has only wrestled Shawn once where he was the less over one and that was the Iron Man match.

The ladder match of 92
Survivor Series of 92 Champion vs Champion
Survivor Series 93 Bret Team vs Shawn and his Knights
Survivor Series 97 Bret vs Shawn Screw Job

All those times he was was a over Shawn
>>
>>1100124
Was WAY over*
>>
>>1099618
>"If you put the letter 'S' in front of 'Hitman,' you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart."
>>
>>1100133
Said by a man who thinks Bret Hart is one of the greatest of all time and induced him into the Hall of Fame
>>
>>1100140
>getting worked
>>
>>1099374
>Regal

kek. Regal isn't even the best ever wrestler from Britain, foo'.
>>
>>1099394
>Punk is overrated but hard af and a good worker

Backwards world or what? Punk whines if he gets a little booboo from sliding off a table.
>>
File: Bret Hart Winner.jpg (77 KB, 450x347) Image search: [Google]
Bret Hart Winner.jpg
77 KB, 450x347
>>1099316
>I'm thankful to Goldberg for ending Hart's career.
Typical Bret Hart hating mark. Zero class.

Bret Hart is the greatest of all-time. Not only because of his unmatched in-ring skills, but because of who he is as a person.
>>
>Bret never drew
>Multiple Bret GOAT threads every week; every one gets a hundred replies.

Stay salty, Seancucks.
>>
>>1100165
The only bad thing about GOATberg taking out Hart is needing to listen to Hart bitch and moan for decades trying to stay relevant.
>>
>>1099397
Jumbo was better than Kobashi you fucking faggot
>>
>>1099282

I thought he had good technical skills and a good theme song, but putting the WHC on him was a mistake.
>>
But is he better than Daniel Bryan?
>>
>>1100124
>Bret Hart Wrestling with Shadows
Probably one of the best documentaries of an athlete ever
>>
>>1100147
Punk broke his skull and didn't take any Meds because straight edge.

Which is fucking retarded.

But still, pretty tough, if you listen to stories about his early career and the injuries he sustained here and there all his peers were on prescription meds and alcohol and weed and shit but punk didn't medicate.
>>
>>1101287
Would you have rather put it on Luger in 94? Who would you have put it in in 91 other than Bret in the midst of the steroid trial?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 191x263
>>1102090
>>
>>1100140

>He still believes Gorilla Monsoon is the real president of WWF.
>>
>>1102093
> cant answer a legit question
> because he is probably 12
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>1101900
>he thinks there is medicine that heals a broken skull
>he willingly stuffs himself with bullshit painkillers
>being a submissive uninformed pussy
>>
>>1099282
Based hitman

Truly the GOAT
>>
I don't care how "technical" he is, I don't wanna watch some boring bitter guy with no charisma/.
>>
>>1102141
>>1102172
>>1102190
>>1102381
>>1105649
this
>>
>>1099282
>There are actually people on this board who don't think Bret Hart is the best Wrestler of all time
People are idiots. You just now discovered this?
>>
Bret Hart is Breaking Bad of tv shows
>>
>>1105649
> doesnt know what charisma means
>>
Bret was way ahead of his time as a wrestler. His technical prowess is not a meme. It's well earned but for me the thing that really stood out was really the "excellence of execution" part of Bret who was already the total package.

His rhythm and execution of moves was so fucking crisp and on point. EASILY one of the most gifted wrestler to ever lace their boots. Consistent, safe and skilled and could carry anybody. Incredible worker.

Fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZNi-m4asjg
>>
>>1101287

Finally having Vince relent and having Shawn and Bret become the main event scene was the smartest move and part of the shift from big loggerheads being the ones to carry the belt. They changed the dynamic of what a champ could be.

We all know it was a disaster for many other reasons but not for what we got as a product.
>>
>>1099282

Bret "The Shitman" Fart is overrated as FUCK t.b.h familia
>>
>>1099282
>it's a bertcuck post
>>
>>1099829
>>1099832
>>1099847
>>1099865

>A simple request of showing a clip where Bret Hart gets a "monster pop" can't even be fulfilled with finding a youtube clip or even daily motion.

Must not have been that many eh? Embarrassing display bretcuck. Bret Fart isn't even top 25 best wrestlers in the company. He's a literal who and his best moment was the last match he wrestled for WWF cause that's when real talent like Steve Austin were able to take the company to new heights.
>>
>>1106143

Randy Orton is also crisp in his execution of moves. Doesn't make him the best wrestler of all time.

Grow up.
>>
>>1108667
Off the top of my head the pop on his fake return was one of the loudest of all time and he wasnt even there.
The rumble ending when the crowd popped for him instead of luger
Literally every single time he came out in Canada was a monster pop too
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.