[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT MA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Let's have a thread for us dumbasses who want to ask stupid shit about martial arts without starting a shitty useless thread. How not completely unhealthy would you have to be to do two martial arts? I'm going to go start one, I'm not going to try to get fit or some shit that leads to me putting things off, I'm just wondering if there's a way to tell when I get to a point that I can do more than one without hurting myself or over training or whatever.
>>
How do I put myself over when the crowd boos me?

>I'm samoan
>not a manlet
>have a good look

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>1092345
Have any videos of yourself?

Maybe you don't have a good look.
Maybe you smell bad.
>>
>>1092333
>How not completely unhealthy would you have to be to do two martial arts?
Depends on the martial arts.

You most likely won't need as much cardio for Aikido compared to Boxing.

Your fast twitch muscles might be great for Taekwondo, but BJJ relies more on muscular endurance.
>>
>>1092333
>How not completely unhealthy would you have to be to do two martial arts?

- be able to run a mile under 8min
- be able to do at least 50 push-ups in a row
- be able to do at least 20 pull-ups in a row
- have basic strength for all muscles in body

That should be enough to do two martial arts.

Maybe the previous is good enough to train at least 4 days out of the week, given that you train around an hour each day.
>>
>>1092346
https://youtu.be/G-wCS-_boYs
>>
>>1092354
Boxing and judo. Still need to check out the boxing place to see what it's like, and that might decide what I'd want to start with. Either way I'm going to do my best to take it slow at first, since I'd be starting from basically doing fuck all all day and I'd rather not fuck my shit up before I even get going.
>>
I have pointy nipples and the outline of the tips poke through my shirt.
Should I wear a beater under my rash guard?
>>
>>1092446
>Either way I'm going to do my best to take it slow at first, since I'd be starting from basically doing fuck all all day and I'd rather not fuck my shit up before I even get going.
Here's what I'd recommend:

day 1:
- warm up
- dynamic stretching
- 3 knee pushups
- 5 situps
- 20 sec running
- 10 sec walking
- 30 sec running
- catch your breath
- get a gallon of water or something
- 5 bicep curls each arm
- 10 gallon of water rows each arm (pic related)
- static stretching
- make sure to relax your muscles during stretching, hold each stretch for 10 seconds
- stretch each muscle 2-3 times

day 2:
- rest
take more rest days if you've got delayed onset muscle soreness.
If your muscles are still stiff after a rest day, take another day to rest.
After some light warming up, some light stretching is good for muscle recovery during your rest days.

day 3:
- repeat day one

day 4:
- rest

day 5:
- Increase workload of day 1, and maybe add some squats.

day 6:
- rest

days 7-x:
Gradually increase work load, add some more exercises to get other muscles the basic exercises don't cover or don't cover as well.
>>
File: 1006-2pc-workout-dbell-row.jpg (106 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1006-2pc-workout-dbell-row.jpg
106 KB, 800x800
>>1092446
>>1092478
>forgot pic
>>
>>1092333 (OP)

>run a mile under 8min
I can do that.

>50 pushups
>20 pull ups
I can't do that.

I still do pretty good in Kickboxing though and I could train 6 days out of the week if I wanted to.
>>
>>1092446
If you manage to keep up with boxing, judo won't wear you out
>>
>>1092478
He's not a fucking geriatric
>>
>>1092446
Lol give up on boxing then, you won't survive that first class.
>>
>Boxing and judo.

Very good combination.

But do yourself a favour, start with Judo and give it a year of dedicated training before starting with boxing.

Training two things at the same time messes with your head.
Also Judo is not as physically demanding as Boxing. It's slightly differnt, basically Judo will help you building up some muscles, get much better flexability and somewhat decent athletic skills. Boxing is a lot more about cardio. In Judo you need much power for a short time (like lifting), boxing is about training for a fight over many rounds. A completely different beast, you really really push your stamina to the max.
>>
>>1096457

This was meant as reply to:
>>1092446
>>
>>1092333
It really fucking depends on your schedule and the arts.

I cannot do boxing because my body gets overtaxed and starts rebelling whenever I try to do sports at all.

But doing Eskrima, Jujutsu and Tai Chi is no issue.
>>
>>1092478
>take more rest days if you've got delayed onset muscle soreness.
Is that a rule of thumb? Delayed muscle soreness means that you need to wait until the soreness ends before you can resume training?
I've been wondering that because it takes two days after training for me to get muscle soreness.
>>
>>1096488
>Delayed muscle soreness means that you need to wait until the soreness ends before you can resume training?
Soreness is a sign of damage; like a gash from a sword on your chest, you should let it heal before you get into more sword fights.

>It takes two days after training for me to get muscle soreness
I think that's unusual.
That's unusual, right, guys?
>>
>>1096999
>That's unusual, right, guys?
My sister has the same.
>>
File: sanda66.jpg (82 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sanda66.jpg
82 KB, 800x600
Why is Sanda/Sanshou so much better than Muay Thai?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.