[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 3000x1254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 3000x1254
Due to some shitty circumstances lately, I've decided I want to learn self defense. Im not interested in competing or any bullshit, I just want something effective and deadly. I've been wrestling since I was a freshman in Highschool, I'm a Senior now.
>>
>>1088683
make a pipebomb
doesn't matter what the train or how big or expensive that gun or knife was nothing beats a well placed pipebomb
>>
>>1088683
Looks like they're dancing
>>
Is chad giving you trouble?
>>
File: 1454729591473.jpg (314 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1454729591473.jpg
314 KB, 1000x1333
>>1088683
Learn how to throw low kicks, especially to the testicles. Front snap, front push, and roundhouse (Muay Thai style is pretty powerful), are all you really need.
Learn how to throw straight punches, your technique can even be shitty and sloppy, as long as you have the mechanics.
The throat is free game. You can pry at your opponent's fingers to get out of a submission.
Congratulations, now, you're an MMA fighter that has some dirty tricks for the street.

Just bring a knife and an umbrella, whatever you can find on stick/cane fighting and knife fighting on YouTube will be enough for the streets.
>>
>>1088688
Pipebomb-kun, please stop.
>>
>you're still in high school
>getting bullied
>asking 4chan for help
kek
>>
>>1088683
>>1088759
Also, a friend with a knife and or umbrella is a good friend.

Since you're not a striking, 1 vs 2 might be a little out of your league.

If your friend is a striker, 2 vs 3 might be viable.

The chances, for most people (people, not dedicated martial artists), for 2 vs 4, is low enough to just forget fighting and run.
>>
>>1088760
>kun
>>>/weeaboo/
>>
>>1088700
Sister was raped, bro-bro. I'm going straight to a local dojo on monday, a legit jujutsu teacher, to ask him, but I wanted some input from other fighters.
>>
File: neck break.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
neck break.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>1088683
you're a 4 year high school wrestler
you should be able to defend yourself pick him up and break his neck
>>
>>1088769
It's why I don't want flashy or competition, I just want to win, fast and always.
>>
>>1088772
You're right, I can fight, but I want something better than just throws, holds, and the bullshit I learned in a huge public highschool/
>>
>>1088775
how big is your wrestling program a lot of them are fucking small as hell and you are asking to learn non flashy stuff, nothing isnt as flashy as just double legging them till they have to relearn their ABCs.
>>
>>1088782
about 5,000 kids in 10, 11, and 12 grade. Wrestling team has quite a lot of guys, I don't know the exact number. Me, not being the best, biggest, craziest motherfucker, did not get much attention from the two coaches or three PT. So, I can fight. But I'm not great.
>>
>>1088786
wtf?
even in Oklahoma and Iowa there are only a couple hundred maybe 200 at most. i think you're talking out of your ass

Really use your wrestling and you know how to fight, nothing more nothing less.
>>
wrestling is like one of the best self defense / martial art things there is!

You don't even realize the power you have over ppl lolz. as long as they're not armed!
>>
File: ramsay-unseasoned.png (573 KB, 621x672) Image search: [Google]
ramsay-unseasoned.png
573 KB, 621x672
>>1088767
>implying this entire website isn't /weeb/
>>
File: look where you are faggot.jpg (682 KB, 600x3300) Image search: [Google]
look where you are faggot.jpg
682 KB, 600x3300
>>1088767
>>
File: Wrestling on the streets.gif (2 MB, 232x116) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling on the streets.gif
2 MB, 232x116
>>1088791
>>
>>1088800
that's BJJ fag
wrestling looks like >>1088772
>>
File: anti-wrestling-kick.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
anti-wrestling-kick.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>1088791
>wrestling
>>
>>1088800
>>1088807
love all the buttmad BJJfags changing their tmblr gifs into anti wrestling propaganda stay mad SJW.
>>
File: butt sex.gif (1 MB, 201x132) Image search: [Google]
butt sex.gif
1 MB, 201x132
>>1088806
>wrestling looks like >>1088772
That's what MMA looks like.

Wrestling looks like gif related.
>>
>>1088814
lol
that's a bjj move its caled a back take you faggot
>>1088772

is called a double,
its the firs thing you learn in wrestling.
>>
>>1088819
Here's the video that gif is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizcV7kYuqM
>>
>>1088789
My high school had 600 graduate from its senior class.

OP: take boxing, kick boxing, or muay thai. Be REALLY dedicated and do EXACTLY how your coach tells you to train in those arts. Spar a lot. You'll be good with those combined with your wrestling.
>>
>>1088826
but 600 kids in wrestling? i get graduating classes but 600 kids doing wrestling at the same time is absurd
>>
>>1088789
Retard, 5000 TOTAL kids. Probably like 1-200 in my wrestling team.
>>
>>1088773
> I just want to win, fast and always.
Anyone selling you this is selling you a fantasy.
>>
>>1088769
>Jiu Jutsu
>For self defense

You're really going to need more than a ground game if you want to defend yourself, man. As soon as you get one guy to the ground, you've instantly made yourself much more vulnerable to outside interference. Get a striking game. Preferably one that can have you intercept multiple opponents at once. Don't try and go for something that'll allow you to deliver a bloody, pulpy beatdown, because that'll wear you out quickly. You want to break or dislocate limbs - the kind of damage you do to an attacker will be the deciding factor as to whether or not it can be classified as self defense or assault. Stuff like eye gouging and anything else that'll permanently ruin the lives of your attackers are typically last resorts for when you absolutely need to kill. If you focus squarely on depriving them of any further usage of their limbs as opposed to beating their body down with punches, you're more likely to win any possible lawsuits that may occur.

Violence is a two way street, especially in countries with pretty comprehensive laws dissuading the act. It's possible that not much of this will be realistically applicable in a street fight if you haven't trained in composing yourself to use the above techniques, but they'll get you into less trouble than broken teeth and a pruneface.
>>
>>1088683
>Im not interested in competing or any bullshit, I just want something effective and deadly.

There is no secret to fighting and winning that you're going to learn from "RBSD" LARPers.

>I've been wrestling since I was a freshman in Highschool, I'm a Senior now.

Congratulations, if you're not a terrible fucking wrestler you have about 90% of what you need to win any fight.
>>
>>1088938
>There is no secret to fighting and winning that you're going to learn from "RBSD" LARPers.
idk, man. A front kick is usually more useful than a flying 360 back kick.
A roundhouse kick is usually more useful than a tornado kick.

Why is it different for other move?
Pro Tip: It isn't.
>>
>>1089060
>idk, man. A front kick is usually more useful than a flying 360 back kick.
>A roundhouse kick is usually more useful than a tornado kick.

Did I say anything about using flashier techniques?

No.

>Why is it different for other move?
>Pro Tip: It isn't.

Are you implying that the only thing you're going to learn in an actual fight gym are flying 360 back kicks and tornado kicks?

That must explain why pro MMA fighters are ONLY throwing flying 360 back kicks and tornado kicks.

So

Pro Tip: You're retarded.
>>
>>1089565
The point is that some things are more efficient and practical than others, but your post is bait so I didn't have to mention that.

sage
>>
>>1089570
>but your post is bait

Which one?

>The point is that some things are more efficient and practical than others

Agreed. Those things you'll learn in an actual fight gym. And then you'll also get to apply that against a resisting opponent. And for the most part, actual fight gyms that train actual fighters are going to have a higher likelihood of actually teaching you how to fight and will be more likely to have good programming and training methods.

Whereas if you go to an RBSD LARPer class you're more likely to learn that an eye poke is high percentage and a groin kick is 100% a fight ender and have garbage footwork, tempo control etc. This is because 99% of RBSD places are built on the same model that traditional martial arts schools are: make the client feel good about themselves so they keep coming back and paying money.

If that real talk hurts you're feelings, I'm sorry you got suckered into it.
>>
>>1088922
>Jiu Jutsu
>ground game
>implying he didn't mean japanese jujutsu
>mfw kids these days think all martial arts is mixed martial arts
>>
>>1089601
This x 1000

It's like ever since /wwe/ became more prominent, we've been seeing a rise in kiddies with fabrege egos who don't want to hear that their lessons at Master Kim's Real Street Combatives and Day Care Center doesn't prepare them for combat.
>>
>>1088800
>>1088807
Let's be honest, if you're up against more than one opponent, it doesn't really matter what martial art you use, you're pretty much fucked.

People like to talk tough and say they could take on two or three guys themselves, but it's much more difficult than they imagine.
>>
>>1090144
not with krav maga
its why they teach it to the best fighters in the world. Israel's special ops.
You can become a one man army like that, Those guys fight at least a swarm of terrorist on the battle fields at least twice a week
>>
>>1090144
>but it's much more difficult than they imagine.
I've taken on 2 guys at the same time, it's not that difficult as long as you use the right strategy and tactics.
One thing that usually helps is actually not taking them on at the same time, but maneuvering so you only have to take them on one at a time, if even for a brief moment.

People like to talk like they're smart, and say they know what they're talking about, but the topic is much simpler than they imagine and imply.
>>
>>1089601
>>1089839
not taking the b8 m8

saged
>>
>>1090262
>I've taken on 2 guys at the same time

We're not talking about gay sex, we're talking about fighting.

>>1090265
>implying.

Bump.
>>
>>1088938

Yeah, this. Wrestling is already overkill for the streets. RBSD isn't going to teach him any dirty tricks he can't come up with on his own. He should already have the skills for the most important part: getting a dominant position. Once you have the fucker pinned you can poke him in the eyes all you want without worrying about fucking it up and reaping the whirlwind.

RBSD coaches teach you to escalate the level of violence in a fight you're losing. If I have to explain why this is a bad idea, you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>1090740
>RBSD coaches teach you to escalate the level of violence in a fight you're losing. If I have to explain why this is a bad idea, you're not gonna make it.
Fucking this.
>>
>>1088683
Jesus christ this board can be bad with all the MA warios.
Boxing.
Generally bullies are pussies who take out their insecurities on others.
No matter your stature or other physical capabilities nothing says back the fuck off like a good overhand right to the snoz.
Adept knowledge in boxing will allow you to see just how defenseless untrained people are.
Strike first, strike fast, strike hard.
They cant give you shit if you dont take it.
Fuck self defense, if you've had enough fucking show them, dont wait for them to give you cause to act.
>>
>>1090783
Jesus Christ this board can be bad with all the MA warriors.
American Kickboxing.
Generally, bullies are pussies who take out their insecurities on others, or are just neurobiological and or psychologically adolescents.
No matter your stature or other physical capabilities, nothing says back the fuck off like a good kick to the gut.
Adept knowledge in American Kickboxing will allow you to see just how defenseless untrained people are.
They can't give you shit if you don't take it.
Fuck Boxing, if you've had enough, then fucking show them, don't wait for them to give you cause to act.
>>
>>1090804
Jesus Christ this board can be bad with all the MA warriors.
Muay Thai.
Generally, bullies are pussies who take out their insecurities on others, or are just neurobiological and or psychologically adolescents.
No matter your stature or other physical capabilities, nothing says back the fuck off like a good roundhouse kick to the leg.
Adept knowledge in Muay Thai will allow you to see just how defenseless untrained people are.
They can't give you shit if you don't take it.
Fuck American Kickboxing, if you've had enough, then fucking show them, don't wait for them to give you cause to act.
>>
>>1090783
>>1090804
>if you've had enough, fucking show them
>I'm so mentally weak that I get super upset enough to try to kick someone's ass when I see that person is making an ass out of himself or herself by being physically and or psychologically abusive
>>
>>1090740

>RBSD coaches teach you to escalate the level of violence in a fight you're losing.

Not necessarily.
A good coach will tell you to never raise the level of violence more then necessary.

>Wrestling is already overkill for the streets

Yes and no. For the average fight it is.

If you expect real trouble more fighting styles are good.

I'd say a base in Wrestling (or Judo, BJJ) is definately good, but cross training in Boxing (or Muay Thai) can make a lot of difference. And if you still have capacity left, Escrima will teach you to turn a baton into a deadly weapon or a bunch of deflections/disarms which could also come in handy..
>>
File: witnessed.png (46 KB, 164x219) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.png
46 KB, 164x219
>>1088759
check'ed witnessed and saved

this board sux
thread/
>>
>>1088683
aikido
yes i know /asp/ hates aikido but I've sparred with a bro who was a blackbelt in aikido and I got rekt and I've been practicing boxing for 4 years, tkd for 6 months and mma for a year
>>
>>1091799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAYZMuzYC4
>>
>>1091813
>>1091799
I repeat, this is from experience. If you haven't messed with an aikidoka or much less danced with one then dont talk shit
>>
>>1091857

I have trained Aikido myself for two years..
I don't mean be be rude, but how much grappling experience do you have?

Aikido can be usefull because if you want to restrain someone without hurting him. Or for "surprise attacks" when you can get a hold of his hands. But once it gets rough, Aikido is out, if only for the training methods..

Please tell me, if you do boxing: how did the Aikido guy get your hands in the first place? You should keep them stuck at your body or shoot them in his face, so the only possibility for him would be he evades your shots (how?) and grabs your hand faster than you could retract them?
>>
>>1091872
guy crosstrains with wingchun. Another "meme art" for you, /asp/ies
>>
>>1091881

OK, so if I ask a few more questions then you will tell me the Aikido blackbelt is also a BJJ blackbelt and Professional boxer?

Aikido (as well as Wing Chun) has no defense against kicks and no clinching game. So if you did TKD, why didn't just kick the living shit out of him?

I call bullshit.
>>
>>1091872
>Please tell me, if you do boxing: how did the Aikido guy get your hands in the first place?
Boxing has a clinch.
>>
>>1091881
>>1091857
>>1091799

This is literally bait.

It's very subtle 8/8.
>>
>>1089565
>That must explain why pro MMA fighters are ONLY throwing flying 360 back kicks and tornado kicks.
Imagine if they were, that shit would be ridiculous
>air game is the new ground game
>>
>>1092061

Argh, I should have known better.

Damn you, bait master-kun!
>>
>>1091857
Literally fought a black belt aikido when I was a yellow belt with three months experience in judo. Fucking mopped the floor with him. It was pathetic.
>>
>>1096703
This is why we should have genetically engineered slave humans so we can train 2deadly techniques without worrying about anyone with a future.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.