[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets settle this Who was the better wrestler and who drew more money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 630x420
Lets settle this

Who was the better wrestler and who drew more money
>>
>>1072924
> Wrestler: Bret
> Money: Shawn
>>
>>1072927
/thread
>>
>>1072924
Wrestler: Shawn
Money: Who cares
>>
>>1072924
Wrestler: Bret
Money: Bret

Shawn pioneered all this indie vanilla midge retard do a cartwheel and backflip nonsense we're stuck with nowadays. 6/10 wrestler at best.
>>
Holy shit 20 years later and people still arguing about them
Now thats what I call a memorable feud
>>
>>1072924
Wrestler
Bret

Most money
Bret

Shawn is the literal lowest drawing champ of all time, raw ratings and ppv wise. Pretty sure Bret whooped his arse merchandise wise too, his glasses sold absolute shit tons and his shirts were everywhere in the 90s.
There is nothing else to it
>>
>>1072976
Wasnt even Bret's best feud 2bh, maybe top 3
>>
According to Meltzer, the answer to both is Shawn
>>
>>1072992
> le meltzer
How did the lowest drawing champion of all time draw the most money?
>>
File: f5fc085c2bkevin-nash.jpg (72 KB, 600x823) Image search: [Google]
f5fc085c2bkevin-nash.jpg
72 KB, 600x823
>>1072977
>Shawn is the literal lowest drawing champ of all time

lol
>>
>>1073001
I don't know, ask Dave, he said it. He also said Bret, Diesel, and Yokozuna were worse drawing champs.
>>
>>1073002
>>1073007
Nice meme
Diesel/HBK comparison:
(1.00) RR 95 - (0.70) RR 97 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(1.40) WM 95 - (1.20) WM 96 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(0.83) IYH May 95 - (0.45) IYH May 96 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(0.65) KOTR 95 - (0.60) KOTR 96 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(0.70) IYH July 95 - (0.37) IYH July 96 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(0.90) SS 95 - (0.58) SS 96 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(0.70) IYH Sept 95 - (0.48) IYH Sept 96 (bigger draw = Diesel)
(0.57) SS 95 - (0.58) SS 96 (bigger draw = HBK...barely

>>1073007
Le dave is off his head. Shawn has the worst raw rating in history, 1.8 in oct 96 and he couldnt even sell out his literal hometown of San Antonio at the 'height' of his face run

Literal worst champ of all time
>>
>>1073016
Yeah, I'm going to believe a random Bongistan over the greatest reporter/historian in the history of the business.
>>
>>1072924
>who's the better wrestler, one of the most highly acclaimed technical executioners of all time, or the "suck it" guy?

wew

also as far as draw power goes, vince let shawn and hunter get away with LITERALLY ANYTHING they wanted(remember when hunter fucked a corpse on TV?) and they STILL couldn't get the ratings out of the toilet without guys like steve and mick.
>>
File: DSC04807-CROP.jpg (34 KB, 576x788) Image search: [Google]
DSC04807-CROP.jpg
34 KB, 576x788
>>1073024
> le meltzermarks
Le meltz also said he wished he could give wargames 92 6 stars and wanks over anything if it is japanese or involves Wreck Flair

The dude is a biased hack and i am laughing my arse off at you
>>
Bret every time.

Shawn only gets so much hype from playgirl readers and mid 90's edgy teens getting the first boners from watching him and hunter.
>>
>>1073040
>liking certain wrestling subjectively (japan, flerr)
>having anything to do with my argument

Go to bed
>>
>>1073046
Btw >>1073040
I am not a meltzermark at all. I can't stand his love for shitty indies like PWG and fucking Jap/mexican shit. But that's just my opinion. He's the best on objective stuff like drawing.
>>
>>1073046
It shows he is biased

>>1073053
The facts are there for all to see. Google ppv buyrates and raw ratings history, Shawn comes bottom
Cornette and others already told us how they had to give thousands upon thousands of free tickets away at shawn's homecoming as chanpio because no one wanted to pay to see him
>>
>>1073044
this
>>
>>1073072
Meltzer has more numbers than the shit on google. Otherwise he wouldn't state over and over again that HBK>Bret drawing wise.

If anything he's always been biased to Bret, not Shawn. Because as soon as Bret screwed himself he ran crying to Dave and sold him a ton of newsletters.
>>
>>1073092
Like what then? What secret jew numbers could he possibly have that cannot be shown to the public
Playgirl and Attitude subscriptions?

> bret sold a ton of newsletters
Yet another category Bret outdrew HBGay in then
>>
>>1073098
There's more to drawing money than TV and ppv buyrates, and Dave as the #1 industry authority has access to them. Don't get mad and start with the jew stuff just because he said HBK>Bret

Plus when Bret was champ, he was hardly pushed as the tip-top guy. There was usually a match on the card that was more advertised or pushed. Dave takes all that into consideration too.
>>
File: recordlow.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
recordlow.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>1072977
>Shawn is the literal lowest drawing champ of all time

lol
>>
>>1073103
The only way i can see it is him taking Shawn's second run into account, when Bret was long retired and the company was still riding the AE popularity wave, which is completely non applicable to the subject imo because it wasnt down to shawn in the slightest
>>
>>1073112
> shawn's lowest raw rating
> 1.8
> the literal lowest rating of all time

> seth's lowest rating
> 2.1
> only in the last hour of a 3 hour raw
lol
>>
>>1073112
> record low jasethy
When will this false meme end? The record low champion of all time is Shawn Michaels in october 1996 with a 1.8.

That dark period on 96 that based Bret was away from tv having a much needed rest i hasten to add ;)

Sethetty's lowest is a 2.1, and that is just for the last hour of a 3 hour show.so stop spouting your misinf
>>
>>1073114
When you consider that IYH 5 and WM12 were really the only 2 PPVs where Bret was involved in the actual main event of the card, I can see giving it to Shawn pre-Attitude because he was actually responsible for drawing any numbers he got. Not to mention the other factors like house show, merchandise, and whatever else.

I just looked back, Bret was almost always in the 2nd or 3rd biggest match when he was WWE champ.

PPV where Bret defended WWE title:Actual biggest match on the card/main event

Survivor Series 92: Flair/Ramon vs. Savage/Perfect
Royal Rumble 93: Rumble itself
Wrestlemania 9: Hogan/Beefcake vs. Money Inc

King of the Ring 94: Piper/Lawler, Tournament
Summerslam 94: Undertaker/Undertaker
Survivor Series 94: Undertaker/Yokozuna

Royal Rumble 96: Rumble itself
IYH 6: Shawn/Owen
>>
>>1073128
Oh I forgot 1997,

IYH Ground Zero: Shawn/Undertaker
IYH Bad Blood: Shawn/Undertaker

So bret would have 3 actual main events, IYH 5, WM12, and SSeries 97. 2 of which where defended vs. Shawn
>>
>>1073119
Not a meme if it's true

R
E
C
O
R
D
L O W
>>
>>1073136
it's low but not the "LOWEST" which is shawn michaels
>>
>>1073128
Interesting, that just points to more kliq controlled booking bringing the company turmoil more than anything. Im going to sleep soon but i'll get back to your points tomorrow sometime

>>1073119
Thanks for the copypasta
>>
>>1072924
>>
>>1073145
Yeah because the kliq controlled the booking in 1992-1994,lol

Sleep tight bretuck.
>>
>>1072924
Better wrestler: Shawn
More money: Bret
>>
>>1072924
Both didn't draw during the new generation. Shawn drew when he returned. Bret was never a draw and almost killed the company
>>
>>1072924

Shawn was the better wrestler and drew more money. This is shown in the fact that diesel vs Shawn had 3 million PPV buys while diesel car bret only did 2 million.

You'd have to be incredibly underage not to know this.
>>
>>1073016

I just love how you left out the other part of this pasta that shows Bret's low PPV numbers.
>>
>>1072924
Bret was better in the ring
Shawn had way more charisma
Shawn drew more money
>>
>>1073309
You have to be underage to think Shawn was better in the ring
>>
>>1073379
This.
>>
>>1073405
Lose weight.
>>
>>1073405
Bret had no charisma and couldn't do anything off the top rope. He would only go as high as the second.
>>
Bret Hart did the same five moves in the same order every match. Shawn Michaels even called him out on it on an episode of Raw once
>>
I rate them about equal in ring and as draws. Nothing between them really anyone who disagrees is a fanboy.
>>
>>1073434
>Bret had no charisma
I'd agree for the most part, but his work as a heel while feuding with Austin is very underrated.
>couldn't do anything off the top rope
So fucking what? Many greats didn't do much, if anything, from the top rope.
>>
>>1073016
eh, i dont know if you can just look at buyrates and leave it at that. Dont get me wrong, its refreshing to see someone actually put forth some effort, but there might be more to it.

Buyrates might have been up with diesel, but WWF couldnt turn a profit with him; they were funneling so much money into him at the time that it was a net loss. With shawn that wasnt the case. Its a kindof murky area, but they were both low af and dont have shit on the GOAT RR
>>
>>1073434
> muh top rope
> muh moonsaults
So underaged it hurts.
GTFO

>>1073309
Bret v yoko and bret v taker also blew both of them out of the water, all this reflects is that buys were on a downward trajectory throug the years. Due to the shitty kliq booking i add

>>1073313
Why would i include Bret's numbers when the we are talking about Diesel and Shawn?
Bret's numbers didnt set the world alight but were consistently higher than both
>>
>>1072960
>Who cares

The point of being a wrestler is to make money. Like any other job.
>>
>>1072974
>Shawn Michaels pioneered lucha libre
>>
>>1073707
>So underaged it hurts.
Double retard.

1. If Shawn Michaels pioneered that shit then the oldest fans of the style are definitely not underage.

2. Top rope is a hell of a lot older than Shawn Michaels. Ever heard of say Randy Savage for starters?

3. Not only are you proving you are a sheep who only watches WWE and knows WWE history, you don't even know WWE history.
>>

Shawn was a low drawing champ in low drawing period. The numbers fell with Shawn where with Bret they stabilised. Not only that but Shawn was divisive even as a face because the stripper gimmick is so overt.
>>
>Wrestler: Bret
>Money: In the 90s, totally Bret. Post-Back Injury Shawn probably drew more money than Bret did in the 90s though.
>>
>>1072924
Better Wrestler: Bret. Incontestable. You could say that HBK was the better athlete or showman, but WRESTLER? Bret. No doubt.

Money: Bret. Dem glasses yo.
>>
>>1073802
Triple retard
The implication was that you are underage for bringing the top rope into what constitutes the best wrestler.
Muh moonsaults dont mean shit kiddo

What a dumb cunt
>>
>>1073435
That was his finish, not the whole match
>>
>>1074269

at events shawn's merc was pretty good I remember he had gloves , hats, earrings and necklaces at 50 bucks a pop

me and my friends blew around 300 bucks at that one stand on bret and shawn merc

my mom said we looked like child prostitutes
>>
>>1074784
>coated generously in Shawn Michaels merchandise
>child prostitutes

Probably the most believable thing I've ever read on 4chan.
>>
File: 1428847071771.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428847071771.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
>>1074784
>that one time WWF came to your middle-of-nowhere town and you got the HBK gloves
>>
Shawn drew more money in the 90's, that's why Vince wanted him to go over at the Survivor Series. He was more valuable. Lots of marks ITT.
>>
File: Bret Hart.jpg (61 KB, 555x420) Image search: [Google]
Bret Hart.jpg
61 KB, 555x420
Bret Hart is the greatest of all-time.
>>
People undervalue Bret because jumped to WCW and had his career shortened, whereas Shawn kept Wrestling longer in today's Generation and had more exposure.

If you watch the stuff from the late 80s and the 90s, you'd known that Bret > Shawn.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.