[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>spend all the build up advertising it like it could be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: wwe-road-block-social.jpg (276 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
wwe-road-block-social.jpg
276 KB, 650x366
>spend all the build up advertising it like it could be a game changer
>"THE LANDSCAPE OF MANIA COULD CHANGE"
>literally nothing changes
>no swerve, no title changes, nothing that shakes the status quo AT ALL

I get that it's was just an overblown house show, but good fuck if they're gonna build it up like it's a ppv make something change. any fucking thing
>>
I know
>>
>>1072216
Why? They just marketed a house show as a mini PPV and sold it to viewers around the world. Game, Set, Match.
>>
I didn't really expect anything at all to happen but I sure as hell hoped so. I definitely didn't expect Deano to walk out with the belt, nor did I expect him to main event Wrestlemania. I did however expect him to retain more dignity in defeat. Did Hunter really have to beat him with a single Pedigree while kicking out of Dirty Deeds?
>>
>>1072227
Pretty much this. They're not going to change months of planning on a glorified house show that was hyped on the fly.
>>
it's house show you fucking tool.
>>
>>1072227
>They just marketed a house show as a mini PPV
>mini ppv
and that's what gets me salty as fuck.
things usually change at ppv's
at best this was a raw with out commercials
>>
>>1072227
They have a history of making money the honest way, by putting on a good product. It's only in the last 8 years or so they have resorted to finding new ways of tricking fans into watching before pulling the bait-and-switch. Fans are already becoming wise to it and are tuning out. They can continue making money by finding new revenue streams but that can only last as long as fans keep watching, which they aren't.
>>
>>1072232
I didn't watch it, but I was under the impression Dirty Deeds actually had him down for a solid 3, and then some dusty old rule came into play because Dean's foot was under the rope and they restarted the match?
>>
Was the Brock match any good?
>>
>>1072234
The NXT championship changed hands at the last one.
>>
>>1072227
Do you think people really signed up for the network just for this?
>>
>>1072240
Yeah, and Michael Cole kept trying his best to sell that Dean had him beat and would have won. Then JBL kept cutting him off every single time, insisting that Hunter knew he didn't need to kick out because of his ring awareness. I get he's the heel commentator but I severely doubt he was meant to completely bury the idea and Dean in the process. I used to like his excitement but he has become literal cancer.
>>
>>1072241
The Brock match was a complete squash

they turned it into a "handicap" match with Harper but Bray never even entered the ring, and after the match he ran away and looked absolutely chickenshit.

Brock took like six superkicks without falling over, delivered a few suplexes and then F5'd for the win. Lasted like 5 minutes.
>>
>>1072227
They probably didn't even recover the cost of paying Lesnar.
>>
>>1072241
>>1072250
It wasn't a squash. Squash implies one side got all the offense.
Harper got in some nice offense, but it was also very short. And, as the dude said, it was all superkicks, sadly.
I'd have like to see a lariat medley from Harper because the one he did hit was stiff as fuck. Could've been much more hard-hitting but WWE is currently memeing it up with superkicks.
>>
>>1072216

The only match i liked was NXT tags.

First two matches were shite.
There was no point on Brock Lesnars match. That could fit on a Smackdown.
Divas was okay, it was sort of a "get well, Bret" tribute match.
SZ could be on a Smackdown too. Not PPV worth.
Main Event was meh.

So yeah, it wasn't worth 9.99 or download almost 5GB.
>>
File: 1452656673706.png (422 KB, 538x602) Image search: [Google]
1452656673706.png
422 KB, 538x602
How do you want your Wrestlemania senpai?
>>
>>1072259
>SZ could be on a Smackdown too. Not PPV worth.

Should've been shorter and about a flurry of Sami's offense.
It dragged too much and didn't do much but bore people with Stardust's constant rest-hold-tier shit. Then when you thought the mundanity would be broken, he hit another move and yawned it along for another couple minutes.
>>
>>1072250
But that is a lie
He fell to his knees and the ropes after the 2 or 3 superkicks then the discus lariat knocked him over
Learn what a squash is faggot
>>
>>1072216
Now you know what the uk ppvs were like
>>
>>1072244
No, but they got people to not cancel.

Now everyone knows, hopefully, that the next time they don't have a legit ppv in a month, you should just save your 10 bucks for the month and spend that on something else.
>>
>"THE LANDSCAPE OF MANIA COULD CHANGE"

Well as far as my knowledge in english goes it says "could" meaning it may or may not change, and it didn't so technically they didn't promise a change at all, just a chance of it.
>>
>>1072560
As if anyone was going to cancel with WM just around the corner.

>>1072248
Correct, Dean had HHH pinned for the entire three count (even though Trips was laying in a really weird arched back way).
>>
>>1073887
>As if anyone was going to cancel with WM just around the corner.
You heard it here first guys, it's impossible to cancel a subscription service and then resubscribe when you'll get content you want.
>>
>>1073890
Nobody's got time for that shit.
>>
I expected a better show... It was boring as shit... I was waiting the Lesnar vs Wyatt match and it was garbage, Harper did everything... Looks like they're building a storyline and I'm seeing a Wyatt interference at the Lesnar vs Ambrose at WrestleMania
>>
>>1073897
please it is so easy.

I cancel 2-3 times a year the day after a ppv to be part of the burn.
>>
>>1072216
>getting worked into paying for a dead month of the network
State of you
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.