[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Flippy McFlipshit? Has he been booked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: NXT_Champion_Adrian_Neville.jpg (665 KB, 2268x4080) Image search: [Google]
NXT_Champion_Adrian_Neville.jpg
665 KB, 2268x4080
What are your thoughts on Flippy McFlipshit?

Has he been booked like shit so far with so much talent?
>>
He is one of the best wrestlers on the roster. Booked like shit because he's an ugly manlet with le funny accent.
>>
Its the wrestlers fault not the creative
>>
>>1065221
>implying its his fault he looks like Legolas
>>
>>1065220

>best wrestlers
>can't talk

wew wew wew
>>
>>1065215
Saw him as a possible up and comer when he made it to the main roster now I fear he'll never get the push he deserves
>>
>>1065235
He's passable. That's more than what can be said for the current top guy. Or maybe you're one of those "accent=shit" autists.
>>
>>1065245

>passable

no
>>
He's pretty good. Too bad he doesn't have much charisma, otherwise he would make for a great underdog
>>
>>1065245
Eurofags are shit at the mic except for based regal
>>
>>1065246
Let's pretend he isn't then. He still deserves to be higher on the card purely on his in ring skill alone. Even the fucking US title would be neat.
>>
>>1065252

Don't gotta pretend. He isn't, crowds don't relate to him when his music hits. Simple as that.
>>
>>1065252
every time i see him in the ring i just get bored, it's like watching a grandma deal with hyperactive 10 year old
>>
>>1065249
>>1065250

vince wanted to give him a mask to help with that, he turned it down, now look at him.
>>
>>1065215
Vanilla midgets will never be a draw
>>
He beat ko for a slammy but somehow ko is pushed and not Neville. Fuck that fat fuck who sucks hatches dick
>>
>>1065235
>you're not a good wrestler unless you can talk well on the mic
I want this meme to end.
>>
>>1065387
>>you're not a good wrestler unless you can talk well on the mic

That's part of being a good wrestler dummy. In fact it's the most important part.
>>
>>1065297
slammy's aren't scripted

they were fully expecting owens to win
>>
>>1065484
Exactly. Ko is so fucking shit yet he's the one that gets pushed. Not even the fans like him
>>
>>1065255
Thats crazy, the crowd voted him breakout star of the year.
Also Neville had a really underrated micwork down on NXT
>>
>>1065288
Need help with your zimmerframe, grampa?
>>
>>1065255
Main roster crowd doesn't care about somebody who hasn't gotten shit from RAW booking in SHOCKER!

>>1065391
> underage /wwe/ marks: the post
>>
>>1065636

>The guy knocking off charisma and good mic skills calling anyone underage

Talk about irony. Were Dean Malenko and Lance Storm the biggest names in wrestling 20 years ago? Or were you still in the womb?
>>
>>1065636
>> underage /wwe/ marks: the post
Explain how Cena and Austin were so popular.
>>
>>1065487
Only the IWC likes him. Because they look like him and also he's an indy darling. he's literally nothing special in the wwe, i would rather have mighty mouse have the IC title, because know he would put out some fun matches
>>
>>1065639
I didn't even say anything about charisma you anti-smark kek

> were you still in the womb

Most of my dick might've been in your mom's then
>>
>>1065215
he is ugly and cant talk. they should have made him Miz's Virgil
>>
>>1065651

>Calling anyone underage while making mom jokes like a pre-teen
>Implying mic skills aren't part of charisma
>>
>>1065659
> thinking that mic skills = charisma

You can have one without the other.
>>
>>1065658
Haha oh wow just remembered this. That went fucking nowhere

Bravo wwe creative
>>
>>1065668

>You can have one without the other

>Neville
>Charisma
>>
>>1065672
He has in-ring charisma.

Or he would if WWE ever let him be Ace like he was in NXT
>>
He has no style
He has no grace
This wrestler has a funny face
>>
File: Adrian Neville Takeover 2.png (289 KB, 321x361) Image search: [Google]
Adrian Neville Takeover 2.png
289 KB, 321x361
>>1065255
Put him in a match with meaning/consequences, and he can work the crowds like a champ.

Booking him in nothing but the obligatory pointless filler tag team match every couple of smackdowns? Nobody can overcome that, it kills any momentum dead.

He can even talk fairly well too, but unfortunately his accent confuses the American audience(which isn't hard to do). He's not brilliant on the mic, but nowhere near as bad as some IWC's like to make out.

Nevvy just needs a decent feud which allows some of his personality to come through. Play him as more of a tweener than a face.

And maybe to do less flippyshit during matches. He's a great wrestler even when you take away the flips, but a lot of people don't realise this and assume he's all show and no substance.

And lastly, he is definitely not the ugliest guy on the roster. Most girls would probably prefer to fuck le elfy manlet than the Big Show; it's mostly men on the internet and Jerry Lawler I see bitching about his face.

He's worth a couple of IC/US title runs, maybe a WHC run down the line somewhere. I'm just hoping this is a slow burn and creative do some plans for him.
>>
>>1065689
don't you mean
>ring psychology
>>
his superior, better looking asian counterpart will be in the wwe soon
>>
File: e429BWP1rlmi6co1_1280.jpg (234 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
e429BWP1rlmi6co1_1280.jpg
234 KB, 1280x720
He's got the kind of thighs that make me want to bury my face in them

Also a great ass
>>
>>1066747
Asian is even lower on the food chain than British, m8
>>
>>1065215
I find him terribly dull. He has no character, just a generic babyface. His moves are incredibly sterile and risk-free looking, it's amazing to me that he can make flippyshit look so boring.

I think if they brought the Cruiser belt back he could actually make a good heel champ. If that belt doesn't make a comeback then throw him in a tag team because he'll never make it as a solo guy.
>>
>>1067386
>risk-free looking
Confirmed for never played a sport in his life, Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>1067389
You obviously didn't understand. I probably didn't explain well.

Obviously the moves AREN'T risk free and nobody here could do them without injuring themselves. But the way Neville performs them is just so sterile. He's obviously done them a thousand times and it shows, and it doesn't look like he's putting his body on the line in the same way guys like RVD and Jeff Hardy did.

He should probably miss these moves more often.
>>
>>1066734
No? They're different things, memeshitter.

>>1067396
Maybe it's because he's a better wrestler than RVD or Jeff ever were?
>>
>>1067424
>Maybe it's because he's a better wrestler than RVD or Jeff ever were?
You sound very young. Maybe you should go watch the RVD v Hardy series of matches during the Invasion storyline and then come back.
>>
>>1067424
>Maybe it's because he's a better wrestler than RVD or Jeff ever were?
Making something difficult look effortless is apparently a bad thing now.
>>
>>1067396
What a shit opinion.
>>
>>1067431
Sorry but I'm unimpressed by gymnastics.
>>
>>1066753
faggot
>>
>>1065391
Nononono. That's part of being a good "sports entertainer".

He is a phenomenal wrestler. His in-ring work is incredible.
>>
>>1067428
I'm pushing 30 lad.
>>
File: 8ab.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
8ab.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>1065391
>>
Neville is a great high-flyer, but that's about it. He's basically this generation's London to Kalisto's Mysterio. Got all the moveset potential in the world with the personality of a wet paper bag. If WWE had to bank on a cruiserweight to become a main eventer, it wouldn't be Neville.
>>
>>1067460
He is more over than Kalisto, the crowd went wild when he did that second rope phoenix splash and nearly pinned KO
>>
>>1067460
He is way way way more than just a high flier. He's a fucking ring general. The only thing letting him down is his height.
>>
Cruserweight division's coming back so at least he'll be carrying gold with him.
>>
File: Me Enjoying Me.jpg (87 KB, 983x692) Image search: [Google]
Me Enjoying Me.jpg
87 KB, 983x692
>>1065252
A US title run would be prodigious for Adrian. It'd make him a great adjunct to the fed.

Sorry guys, I shouldn't talk with my mouth full.
>>
>>1067460
Somebody didn't watch his reign as NXT Champion
>>
>>1065235
He specified his in-ring ability.
i.e, not his talking ability.
Reading comprehension, lad.
>>
>>1065215
Seems like the better your NXT title run the worse your main roster booking.

>Seth and Big E were champs before NXT was really relevant, and Owens' reign was quite short and not very eventful
All been booked pretty well recently

>Bo and Neville have goat NXT title reigns
Booked like shit

>Sami's reign was very short, the only really good moment was the initial win
Was gonna debut in a US title feud, got injured so is now debuting in an IC title feud

Not saying correlation=causation, and based on merch sales Finn will be booked strong when he debuts, but an interesting trend nonetheless
>>
The guy isn't terrible, I mean, he's arguably the best cruiserweight/ flippy style wrestler on the main roster.

His physique is pretty impressive when compared to flippy guys from the past, but he does feel stale sometimes, I think that some of that comes down to a fairly repetitive moveset match to match (not that the rest of the roster is much better).

As well as that, his promo/ mic skills and attire are really nothing overly interesting, and being a brit is never gonna help him, even with other brits.

But for me, the main reason I'm not a massive fan of him is because of his Table For Three appearance; it seemed like the entire way through he was constantly trying to start arguments and seemed very confrontational when he eventually let Joe and Bo speak.
Also found it annoying how they sat to eat a meal and he decided to eat an apple instead and waste his food, just seemed like a dick thing to do, I dunno.

I imagine I'm reading way too far into it and that he's a perfectly down to earth guy, but that episode did him no favours.
>>
>>1065215
Just give the fucker a mask that covers his so-called ears and there you go.
>>
File: nevsgdv.jpg (48 KB, 374x380) Image search: [Google]
nevsgdv.jpg
48 KB, 374x380
>>1068756
his ears are cute tho
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.