[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krav Maga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: 1-krav-maga.jpg (109 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
1-krav-maga.jpg
109 KB, 600x499
What's your opinion on Krav Maga? Should I consider doing it?
>>
>>1064507

pick up boxing/kickboxing/muay thai/kyokushin karate and start doing bjj/wrestling/judo/sambo a year after that(or vice versa).

then after a few years,pick up Krav Maga if you want(you ll know that you wont have to).
>>
>>1064507
>Krap Mago
Don't, you can do better.
>>
>>1064507
Do you have to be Judaism in order to apply?
>>
>>1064649
No I don't think so
>>
>>1064507
Depends on what you want to get out of it. If you want to learn how to defend yourself, go for it. If you are looking for something that will train discipline and to help get more fit, a martial art would be better
>>
>>1064507
>>1064539
>pick up boxing/kickboxing/muay thai/kyokushin karate and start doing bjj/wrestling/judo/sambo a year after that(or vice versa).
Naw, he could just do MMA.
>>
>>1064769

MMA and BJJ is fucking terrible for anything but ringshit.

Boxing all the way. Better fitness too.
>>
ancient jewish art of stealing your money
>>
>>1065002
MMA is mixing Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai, with grappling a certain way.
If Boxing alone, Kickboxing alone, Muay Thai alone, or Kyokushin Karate alone is good for the streets, MMA is even better.

Just about everything is at least good enough for the streets, even Wing Chun.

>better fitness
That depends on the gym.
>>
>>1064507
First if all, what city do you live in?
I want to see what gyms are in your area.
>>
>>1065051

Mainly talking about street usefulness here.

Boxing is better because you've got better movement (MMA boxing is still laughable at best), and really what you want to do is get the fuck away, because likely the guy has *friends*. I know it's hard for most /asp/ies to believe, but yea, people usually have a clique ready to throw down for them, and you don't always know if they outnumber yours.

Anything in the "streets" that involves grapplefucking is automatically shit for street. Yea dude, go for that RNC that takes 5-10 seconds of positioning if you're *good* and in a disadvantageous position, so that his friends can stab you in the kidney.

Kicks are dangerous for the street too. There's balance issues on uneven terrain, (floor isn't like your training mat), and you're possibly fighting on pavement with loose gravel.

Best chance is to know how to move and punch quickly, and accurately.

And to run.
>>
>>1065140

Forgot to add, I'm assuming OP's purpose was street fighting and self defense, since he mentioned Krab Mango.
>>
If you want to defend yourself the best styles, in order, are:
> don't be a cunt fu
> don't live near minorities jutsu
> parkour
> gun kata
>>
>>1065152
This, a long term strategy for avoiding fights is better 100% of the time
>>
>>1064507

>Krav Maga

Do boxing or kickboxing. Leave that stuff alone. Even a yoga class is better.
>>
>>1065186
>Even a yoga class is better.

Ok let's not be a fucking retard here. Krav Maga will at least teach you the basics of boxing. And the non-shitty ones will have sparring and open-mat classes where you can put it to the test on a resisting opponent.
>>
>>1065139
OP here. There is a BJJ and a Krav Maga facility in my neighbourhood
>>
>>1065152
Milk almost came out of my nose
>>
>>1065256
Bjj and boxing
> inb4 50 niggers and lava golem
>>
>>1064507
completely depends on gym.

in a good gym, it is probably the best option for pure self defense (as long as you get some sparring either in the gym or on the side).

on the other side, there are tons of gym that teach either some wing chun self defense or bad mma. and they teach that to soccer mums, so good luck if you want to do any sparring.

the basics of krav maga are relatively quickly learned, and there is not really much progression in it. not really satisfying imo. it is reeally just pure self defense, and if you dont need that, it is a waste of time.

>>1065152
basically this. guns> any self defense. avoiding conflict> guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP7luCcX1M

lets take this as an example. the guys do an mma technique and claim it is krav maga. classic mcdojo.

the "put your hips up" mount escape seldom works, especially not when the opponent is trained (which he probably is, otherwise he would not do it. it is the best option in MMA rule set, which is why it is taught and those mcdojo teachers know it.

the krav maga technique starts with a punch (or elbow, depending on how close the opponent is) to bend the opponent over. then you grab him and either
1) roll him over like the guys in the vid
2)grab his hair /head and put the nail of your thumb in his eye

most krav schools are shit and will teach things like in the vid.

TL;DR: most krav schools are mcdojos, krav is goat self defense, but self defense is not really that necessary because your focus should be to avoid situations like these.
>>
>>1065413
>2)grab his hair /head and put the nail of your thumb in his eye
Great way to get yourself arm barred
>>
>>1065630
>get punched in the balls
>get hair grabbed
>get fingernail into your fucking eye
>lol armbar
yeah sure you fucking autist. do you even do martial arts or are you just here for the mandrama?

>opponent uses flamethrower
>lol armbar
>get shot
>lol armbar
>300 meter tall japanese deep sea monster
>lol armbar
>>
>>1065647
>Shit post on the internet
>armbar, you're not loling now

I'm on you like your mom on dick homeboi, your elbows will be begging for mercy
>>
>>1065649
confirmed for either wresslefag or bjj whitebelt
>>
>>1065051
Most MMA gyms I've been to don't have very good boxing fundamentals. If you want to go to a gym for a year and get in shape while learning to handle yourself, a year of boxing is gonna pay off quicker than anything else.
>>
>>1065413
>the put your hips up mount escape seldom works

Opinion disregarded. Fuck off larper
>>
File: 1453506433311.jpg (282 KB, 632x921) Image search: [Google]
1453506433311.jpg
282 KB, 632x921
>>1065413

Nigga, I'm Israeli, and this is the way they teach the mount escape in Israel.

>the "put your hips up" mount escape seldom works, especially not when the opponent is trained (which he probably is, otherwise he would not do it. it is the best option in MMA rule set, which is why it is taught and those mcdojo teachers know it.

Nigga, that's the first thing about Krav Maga. It's a *system*, to be taught to people quickly, to be used against untrained people.

Basically every single technique will fail against someone who is trained specifically in another art.

Outside defense against knives? Someone who knows FMA knife fighting will fucking gore you.

99.999% of people don't. Just like 99.9% of people don't train BJJ.

>the krav maga technique starts with a punch (or elbow, depending on how close the opponent is) to bend the opponent over.

How in the FUCK does a fucking punch bend the opponent over. You definitely aren't going to reach his face being mounted, and good luck getting a groin shot against someone who's actually in the position to use their *weight* to block your hands.

Confirmed for never having taken a Krav Maga class, *ever*.
>>
>>1065780
look at any mma fight. as soon as someone gets full mount, it is usually over.

>>1065822
>Nigga, I'm Israeli, and this is the way they teach the mount escape in Israel.
being jewish does not necessarily mean you are good at self defense. it is not banking after all.

fun aside, I guess you learned that technique either in the army or from some guy who works/worked as an army instructor. and teaching that technique to soldiers makes sense. why? because soldiers (and therefore, also opposing soldiers) wear groin protection, which logically makes groin punches less effective.

>to be used against untrained people.
well, yes. the problem here is that a full mount is a rather unnatural position. it is (at least for me, instinct for me if I am on top is to stand up and kick. doesnt mean that full mount is bad, but if I never did any MA, thats what I would do) counterintuitive to get into the full mount, which means that untrained people are less likely to land there as the top party.

also, chances are that you will have to pass the guard to get there, which again makes it less likely for untrained people to be the top party of the mount.

IMO, in civilian self defense, if anyone ever ends on top of you in a full mount, it is pretty much guaranteed that the guy did mma or similar.

which means he will know about the hips up technique, and be probably prepared for you to try it.

>How in the FUCK does a fucking punch bend the opponent over.
I should have specified that you punch the balls, sorry.

>>1065822
>good luck getting a groin shot against someone who's actually in the position to use their *weight* to block your hands.
most people will not try to hold your arms down when in the top mount, they will start punching. getting a punch through into the groin are is definetly not impossible.

try the technique, it works much better then the hips up thing. cant do it in mma because people get mad when you punch their balls though.
>>
>>1065905
>sees that professional fighters have s really good pinning game.
>assumes this means hip escapes and bridging doesnt work

Fuck off larper
>>
>>1065923
yes of course it can work, but it is extremely hard to get out of. it is literally the worst position in mma.

>oh my opponent has managed to get into an extremely dominant position
>should I rather do a hip hinge that the guy absolutely expects or should I punch him in the balls?
>what could be more effective?

did your parents try to abort you or what?
>>
>>1065940
How the fuck are you going to punch me in the balls while I'm in mount?
>>
>>1065945
your balls are on the chest, they're asking to be squeezed. Look at how people have sex, Its called a reach around. You sit on me trying to punch me in the face. I castrate you and you get off me as i smash your nuts into nothing.
>>
>>1065940
Moreover, do you really think I'm going to stop raining in punches on you because you hit me back? People don't get stun locked in real life. This is why we don't take larp magoo seriously.
>>
>>1065949
Do you understand how painful getting hit in the balls is? You are literally paralyzed in pain and that gives someone that fights dirty a window of opportunity to escape or unleash their attack on them and kill them.
>>
>>1065948
Good luck with grabbing my dick that is pressed into your belly button whIle trying not to lose conciousness. It only gets harder the more bloody you become.

Also That's not what a reach around is. I bet you kiss girls faggot.
>>
>>1065950
>literally paralyzed in pain
>literally
>paralyzed

Ok man. Good luck with dick kicking your way to victory.

https://youtu.be/eFdfYnigKRk
>>
>>1065953
i'm actually asexual you moralfag. Go back to tumblr with your SJW nonsense.
REDDIT
>>
>>1065954
>>1065950
Biting works well too
>>
>>1065957
https://youtu.be/zY-NjGKUqSE
>>
>>1065953
>Good luck with grabbing my dick that is pressed into your belly button
I did not know that sex technique.

>>1065945
you hit them.
>>1065949
not forever of course. but it is going to be suprise pain, and you will fall forwards a little, and then I can grab you and proceed. it is not great, but a lot better then hip thrusts.

honestly, if you dont go for the balls in self defense, you are just limiting yourself.

>>1065959
>guy voluntarily enters rear mount
>bjj
pick one. and of course biting fucking hurts and inflicts injuries. google "human bite".

fucking mma fags.
>hon hon you know all the stuff that was banned because of pain and injury prevention
>yeah it totes does not work MMA best lol
>>
>>1065966
Are you familiar with vale tudo? Brazilian mma promotion with literally no rules. Surprise surprise the same Shit that dominates mma normally dominates there too.

I've been in many of these threads and every time I've made the same request that no krav fag has been able to fulfill. I want you to post a video of krav maga being used effectively against a resisting opponent. Otherwise, get fucked.
>>
>>1065971
>vale tudo
>"no rules"

You dense motherfucker, a 1v1 fight with a guarantee of an open mat, and no blunt/sharp objects to use as weapons *are* fucking rules.

That's literally the only reason that MMA tactics win, because the shit is allowed to evolve into the classic MMA/BJJ/valetudo wrestlefucking with the guarantee that someone isn't going to fuck your shit up unfairly by shanking you. But real fights are the exact opposite of fair. My last (second) street fight only went well, because after I got done punching the shit out of my opponent, when his friends showed up, mine outnumbered theirs.

I know it's hard to believe, /asp/ie, but people actually go out to these places where fights are likely to happen, with *friends*, and say what you want about Krav, but their shit (be mindful of opponents and RUN) is better than vale tudo BBJ hugging "please stab my kidneys from behind, senpai" faggotry.
>>
>>1065140
>Kicks are dangerous for the street too. There's balance issues on uneven terrain, (floor isn't like your training mat), and you're possibly fighting on pavement with loose gravel.
If I may interject on this lovely conversation, I've sparred on various types of outdoor terrain.
>dry grass
>wet grass
>muddy grass
>dry lumpy grass
>dry grass with shallow holes in it
>dry shallow grass hills
>dry shallow grass hills with uneven land
>wet shallow grass hills
>wet shallow grass hills with uneven land
>dry sand
>damp sand
>level concrete
>uneven concrete
>wet concrete
It really isn't as difficult to fight under these conditions as you're seeming to imply.
For some, it's as simple as paying a little attention to your surroundings.

However, if you're on ice, have fun with the ground game.

I don't want to get wrapped up in this "MMA vs Boxing," but Boxing is just shit with dealing with different terrain as MMA, because they both fight on them fancy floors.
>>
>>1066035
>I don't want to get wrapped up in this "MMA vs Boxing," but Boxing is just shit with dealing with different terrain as MMA, because they both fight on them fancy floors.

Krav Maga too you know, unless you're in the military
>>
>>1066021
Are you suggesting that mma is only dominant because mma fighters aren't getting stabbed and jumped by 12 people?

Krav maga isn't going to save you from a knife attack or gang bang either. The point remains then that mma is the way to go for unarmed combat.
>>
>>1066300
Also, post a video of krav maga being used effectively against a resisting opponent or get fucked.
>>
>>1066303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJlooO_4jQ
>>
>>1066394
I don't think you know what "resisting" means
>>
This guy trained 7 years at a Krav Maga Worldwide affiliate and it saved his life. Specifically the gun disarms that people tell you are too stupid and suicidal to be worth learning.
http://ktla.com/2015/09/04/would-be-burglar-shot-with-his-own-gun-by-santa-ana-homeowner/
>>
Krav guys pride themselves on brutalizing there opponent, they cant fight that well they just kick to the nuts an go for the eyes.
>>
File: 8nqp9.jpg (57 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
8nqp9.jpg
57 KB, 480x348
>>1065647
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZKZsqWdFw
>>
>>1064507
>What's your opinion on Krav Maga?
Does what it's meant to, quick basics of self defense, including nice self defense drills if it's not a shit place. The only real problem is when it's marketed as
>teh ultimate self defense
or
>dah most brootal martial art
>>
>>1065140
>MMA boxing is still laughable at best
How is MMA boxing still laughable at best? Please, explain it to all of us.
>>
>>1065142
>OP asks about Krav Maga
>assumes OP is asking about the street usefulness of Krav Maga
>almost completely ignores talking about Krav Maga
>starts talking about a bunch of other bullshit
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.