[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nxt/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: asdf.jpg (59 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
59 KB, 720x405
>implying this isn't MOTY
>>
It's not, so far Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi at Fantastica Mania is widely considered to be match of the year. Sami vs Joe wasn't even match of the night. Pentagon vs Puma vs Muertes was.
>>
>>1063940
It was okay.
>>
File: kama-lee-16-1-24.webm (490 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
kama-lee-16-1-24.webm
490 KB, 356x200
>>1063955
>>
>>1063955
>Sami vs Joe wasn't even match of the night. Pentagon vs Puma vs Muertes was.

The NXT match was on another level. The LU was a great spotfest I guess, but that's all it was.
>>
>>1063940

Are you gay or drunk

In three months everyone will have forgotten about this

Just because the match was a hr long doesn't make it moty
>>
>>1063969
>spotfest

That's an inaccurate buzzword to describe a match that had a lot of action in it. Doesn't make it a spotfest. Last week's ladder match was a spotfest. This triple threat match was just a great, wonderfully thought out match. They did more in the 15 or so minutes that was put on TV than the Joe/Zayn 2 out of 3 falls match that took the entire episode.
>>
>>1063974
>what is storytelling
>>
File: huh.gif (2 MB, 268x255) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
2 MB, 268x255
>MOTY
It really wasn't. I just wanted it to end by the 30 minute mark. All those strikes Joe got in, coupled by both of them squeezing in their spots just made it very "meh". Doesn't help that the storyline coming into the match was retarded.
>>
>>1063974
No, it's a word to describe a match that resembles more a circus show than a wrestling match.
>>
File: naitosleepy.png (159 KB, 402x378) Image search: [Google]
naitosleepy.png
159 KB, 402x378
>>1063990
Cornette, please. Go watch some more of your boring ass Smokey Mullet Wrasslin.
>>
>>1063940
Yes im implying that
>>
>>1063969
>The LU was a great spotfest I guess, but that's all it was.
Lucha libre is indeed spotfest wrestling, but to say there isn't any storytelling going on is beyond fucking retarded.
>>
It wasnt even the best match that was aired on that day
>>
>>1064010
I didn't say that, just that this particular match was more just a string of spots as opposed to a coherent story like Sami Vs Joe. Both were very good though just different styles.
>>
>>1063994
I hate Naito so fucking much.

I think I feel about him like some people do towards Ziggler.
>>
File: naitobased.gif (2 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
naitobased.gif
2 MB, 500x278
>>1064034
LOS
>>
>>1064015
>coherent

How did the 1st half compliment the 2nd? They went for a long old school type match with 2016 moves and it just didn't work. Like, Joe got in all those strikes but they didn't lead to a fall. Zayn just got caught with finishers for the two falls, like how he caught Joe with the clutch.
>>
>>1064034
If you said that a few years ago I'd agree, but Naito is based as fuck right now
>>
File: 1394349797240.jpg (31 KB, 238x233) Image search: [Google]
1394349797240.jpg
31 KB, 238x233
fucking snoozer is what it was
>>
>>1063955
>he thinks anything relevant has happened in jap land since Fat Boy and Little Man
>>
12 minutes of Mil Muertes murdering people was much better
>>
>>1064075
He grew a shitty teenage beard and is now EVIL NAITO now, right? I haven't seen any of his most recent stuff other than at WK. I guess being a heel might be better, something about him pissed me off so much before.
>>
>>1064050
Non-finishers getting falls in 2 out of 3 falls matches is the worst shit, what are you talking about?
>>
>>1064113
He was pretty shit in I think 2012 when he won the G1 despite being rusty as fuck and having an uninteresting character. He was even voted out of the Dome main event
>>
File: DSG_Tak_Kuroki.jpg (24 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
DSG_Tak_Kuroki.jpg
24 KB, 852x480
>>1064117
>what are you talking about?

What are YOU talking about? I'm saying that offence in match types like 2/3 falls matches etc. should be coherent and calculated as opposed to 45 minute version of 15 minute match. Eg. Sheamus vs. Bryan from Extreme Rules '12. Bryan worked Sheamus' shoulder in the 1st fall to the point where he got disqualified but got an easy 2nd fall win as a result. So I'm saying with the amount of strikes Joe got in he should've gotten a KO fall atleast. What's the point of commentary playing up his striking ablilities if they don't win him matches?
>>
File: naito-shibata.gif (831 KB, 200x135) Image search: [Google]
naito-shibata.gif
831 KB, 200x135
>>1064113
It wasn't just that the heel turn made him a whole lot more interesting (thought, it did), but he was actually awesome being a heel and his feud last year with Shibata after G1 put that over. My favorite feud from last year.
>>
What I expected
>Joe gets a quick fall
>Sami pulls one back with a sub
>Sami gets a win with a spot ending

What I wanted
> 1 - 1 it's the deciding fall
>double count out
>Regal comes down and flips a coin
> Heads, Joe wins
>Regal beats Sami to death with the brass knuckles. It takes about 10 minutes, blood and skull everywhere
>screams "Look what you made me do you bloody pillock!" in the refs face
>crowd silent, those too frightened to leave hide behind that big fat fuck in the red T shirt who was in the crowd the last two episode

What I got
>15 min match stretched to an hour
>some good bits, a lot of pointless striking
>Joe why are you letting the ref count him out, pin him you tard
>pleasant surprise with Joe winning
>>
>>1064128
This is actually a good point. WWE would never be competent enough to book it that way though.
>>
Why do WWE fans have such low standards
>>
>NXT
>Doing anything of note

PLEASE go outside. Faggots.
>>
>>1064716
This match was boring as fuck
>>
>>1064716
Because WWE is 90% shit. Anything not shit has praise heaped on it e.g NXT
>>
>>1064113
Recommend checking out his recent New Japan Cut stuff.
vs YoshiHashi and vs Ishii.

Some really good stuff. Arguarbly the best match in Tacos' career
>>
>>1065419

los ingobernables de japon

i like njpw as well

we should kiss
>>
>>1063940
>MOTY
Not even fucking close

Even the Finn vs Neville match last week was better.

This match just went on too long, and it could have benefited by being cut down to being 25 or 30 minutes.
>>
>>1064015
It had a coherent story.

Puma and Pentagon have to more or less work together to take down Mil Muertes so that they can have a chance of winning by taking down each other. So it leads to incredibly dumb, but coherent spots, where Puma and Pentagon take turns diving in Mil Muertes repeatedly and just superkicking the hell out of him.While Mil is down Pentagon is able to get a minor victory from Puma and has seemingly the match won, but he gets cocky, which seems to be his main character flaw, tries to break Puma's arm which gives enough time for Muertes to shrug off the combined offense of the two and run through the duo to get a clean double pinfall cementing Mil Muertes as a huge monster.

>>1065419
Sorry i mean New Japan Cup

I think Zayn vs Joe was a good match, with coherent build up for the spots, but yeah i feel like they lost the crowds at time. Also like two days ago they released the 105 min Trevor Lee match which imo was better as a long match than this one, so i dunno.
>>
>>1064723
THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
>>
why is vinny mac the best heel ever?
>>
>>1064010
Tried telling that to all the shit you see south of the border? They learn to perform some amazing stuff down there but so much of Lucha Libre is freeform bullshit. Listen to Konnan.
>>
>>1064010
>>1065760
To my point, however, LU is tits. Even though they trim the matches so the guys aren't down to sell as long and to keep the match going, for the most part LU has logic behind it's planning.
(Just wish they'd fire Benghala and Kobra Moon already.)
>>
>>1065471
Because he has residual heat from the attitude era
Because his promos are still pretty up there
Because he has the pen
>>
>>1065766
Bengala match with Kobra Moon was his last match on the promotion so far
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.