[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Immediately breaking bones" is a fucking myth. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: article-taiji-chin-na.jpg (32 KB, 350x223) Image search: [Google]
article-taiji-chin-na.jpg
32 KB, 350x223
"Immediately breaking bones" is a fucking myth. You have to apply pressure and the pressure eventually builds up and then the bone might break. These quick neck snaps and wrist snaps we see in movies are lies. It's make believe. You're living in La La Land.
>>
>>1054880
>"Immediately breaking bones" is a fucking myth
plenty of bones have shattered instantly in MMA, kickboxing and boxing fights, but mostly from blocked strikes, normal strikes or quick subs

a wrist isnt a singular bone, but an entire joint full of bones, tendons and ligaments. but there have been wristlock finishers in some competitions.
the neck snap we see in most movies is probably bullshit, but there would need to be some testing done on corpses or dummies
>>
>>1054880
"I have never broken a bone" the post.
>>
>>1054908

not from a joint lock. i usually tap out just in time. but what im saying is if these "instant snaps" were real i wouldnt have time to tap out.
>>
>>1054880
tell that to anderson silva
>>
>>1054952
Roll more. You'll see them. A guy at my gym got his clavicle snapped. I don't know enough Judo to describe exactly what happened, but he went for a particular throw, the other guy didn't know what he was doing, and he got his arm caught instead of falling properly. Body weight vs. Clavicle means he didn't have time to tap.

The most basic submissions, Armbars, kimuras, omoplatas, etc, work on mounting pressure and securing the limbs, usually by pinning down and preventing motion. Once you combine submission and a lot of motion, things get dangerous fast.
>>
>>1055024
Oh, and we also have video of this happening, in a professional MMA bout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lLQlM5tFA

Whole thing takes a second.
>>
>>1054952
>if these "instant snaps" were real
waki gatame
scissor takedown
jon jones elbow crank
reverse scissor takedown

just these few techniques are known to have a high % of causing instant snap injuries. and thats just a sample. i sadly injured an opponent when doing a lateral drop by dropping on his leg while throwing him over me
>>
>>1055031
Thats not aikido. That was a judo arm lock
>>
>>1055105
Yeah. Title was bullshit, but it was the best one I could find on youtube.
>>
>>1055207

Hi Tripfag

Desperate for attention today are we
>>
>>1055212
>tripfag

wat
>>
>>1055212
namefags are common on /asp/ you moron
>>
>>1055598
That doesn't mean it's not retarded cringe
>>
>>1056011

Were you trying to demonstrate retardation by inserting a grammatical non sequitur at the end of your unpunctuated sentence?
>>
>>1054880
https://youtu.be/Y2lLQlM5tFA

Don't be misled by the title, aoki learned waking gatame in judo not aikido. In any case though it disproves the OP
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.