[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
90s Crow Sting >Average to poor talker >Solid but unspectacular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: sting-roman-reigns.png (441 KB, 638x402) Image search: [Google]
sting-roman-reigns.png
441 KB, 638x402
90s Crow Sting
>Average to poor talker
>Solid but unspectacular in the ring. Could have a great match with the right opponent
>Primarily over because of a great look and his involvement in a hot angle with a very over stable

Roman Reigns
>Average to poor talker
>Solid but unspectacular in the ring. Could have a great match with the right opponent
>Primarily over because of a great look and his involvement in a hot angle with a very over stable
>>
>WCW 5 years after Crow Sting
>dead

>WWE 5 years after Roman
>???
>>
>>1054583
If contrarian smarks wwh oare only interested in getting themselves and any fat wrestler that makes them believe in themselves over leave? A much more enjoyable product.
>>
You're gonna pretend Sting wasn't one of the most popular wrestlers on THE PLANET???

Ok
>>
>>1054592
Kid probably has never seen a wcw match
>>
>>1054661
I grew up in the 90's and remember pretty clearly that if hogan weren't on wcw merch it was probably Sting.

Sting practically was WCW
>>
>>1054580
>>Ignoring his stellar pre-NWO-era career that was highlighted by great matches with a variety of body types and talent.
>>
>>1054583
First post is best post
>>
>>1054580
>comparing a man who unironicly could be considered GOAT to Roman "bby grl tater tots suffering succotash" Reigns
This is an 18+ website lad
>>
>>1054592

Roman is one of the most popular wrestlers on the planet.

>>1054701

Just like Roman is all over WWE merch today.

>>1054984

No one has proved OP wrong.
>>
>>1055103
Please have sex
>>
>>1054580
You are forgetting that Sting had charisma
>>
>>1054580
>forgetting that Crow sting was built up for ages
>good wrestler
>unique look and gimmick at the time
>was SUPER over as a singles wrestler before hand
>doesn't have to speak with his gimmick and even when he does still charismatic
>had the aura of a genuine badass

>forgetting that roman wears 30lbs of kevlar despite being a face
>relies on dean and seth during SHIELD
>relies on ambrose during singles run
>pushed to the fucking moon far harder then sting
>cant talk

wew
>>
>>1055283
Hey man, if I could get away with wearing body armour in any sort of physical combat sport (s entertainment), I'd be an idiot not to.
>>
>>1055287
But nobody else does. It's dishonorable.

D'Lo wore it when he was a heel.
>>
File: ggHj46t.png (197 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
ggHj46t.png
197 KB, 500x278
>>1055283

The only response in this thread is 'b..but Sting had an aura!'

Roman is only 30 and is already as good as Sting ever was. The only difference between the two is booking. Roman is a perfectly acceptable top guy.
>>
>>1055293
Honour can btfo, I'm fighting for my DAUGHTER, man. My FAMILY. BALEEEEEEEEEEEDAT
>>
>>1055295
>Roman is only 30 and is already as good as Sting ever was. The only difference between the two is booking. Roman is a perfectly acceptable top guy.

But he can't speak as well as Sting. His look doesn't suit his fucking gimmick at all. Why does he still wear the same SHIELD gear slightly re-packaged when he's completely different? Sting was forced to change his gimmick and he did it perfectly.

Why can't Roman speak?
Why can't the crowd get behind Roman? Why can't the crowd pop for Roman?

Face it, Roman is nowhere near Sting.
>>
>>1055372

Sting couldn't speak for shit either. He wears the riot gear for same reason Sting wore face paint. It looks cool.
>>
And the first time Sting spoke in over a year he insulted a man over his lack of balls. Roman is Sting.
>>
File: 61JBdOc.jpg (7 KB, 498x555) Image search: [Google]
61JBdOc.jpg
7 KB, 498x555
>>1054580
>Average to poor talker
>Average
"Sufferin' succotash!"
>>
>>1055103
show me where Roman is plastered all over the merch
>>
>>1054580
Let's start with the basics.

90s Crow Sting
>Crowd popped big every time he was mentioned, let alone appeared
>Always got babyface reactions

Roman Reigns
>Crowds sometimes pop, sometimes give him heat, sometimes just play dead
>Decidedly mixed reactions

If you really think that Roman is as good as Sting ever was, then the only way to explain this is that WCW's booking then was more in touch with its audience than WWE's booking is in touch with its audience today.
>>
Sting
>Big guy with great look.
>Great athlete
>Can do a dropkick
>Can do a gorilla press
>Super hyped and charismatic (though not when he's losing)

Roman
>Big guy with great look.
>Dave Meltzer: "Great athlete"
>Can do a powerbomb and fuck all else.
>Can't talk.
>Constantly looks lost and scared in everything he's in.

Roman's just not a main eventer, which is too bad. You hate to see a guy constantly embarrassed and btfo on tv but that's just the way it is.
>>
Sting is genuinely one of the best talkers ever, you little fat idiot. Objectively - his inflections, his cadence, the charisma AND he was funny.

Was also always over, so whoever said that shit about riding the NWOs coat tails is probably a child too.
>>
>>1054580

This is the worst post I have ever seen. If it was trolling then yeah you got me good. 10/10
>>
>>1054580
18+
>>
>>1056019
In what fucking world is Sting a "big guy," he MIGHT have been 6'1 20 years ago.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.