[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any denial at this point that grappling beats striking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: 1457251183669.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1457251183669.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
Is there any denial at this point that grappling beats striking every time?
>>
>>1052411
Weren't you faggots saying the exact opposite when Ronda got KO'd by Holm? Connor lost because he is a manlet and has no business fighting at that weight class.
>>
>>1052411
Well Diaz was gonna win with strikes the way it was going unless Conor gets a huge counter hit.
but getting to the ground sealed it cause Diaz outclasses McGregor on the mat.
>>
>>1052411
All i see is that manlets never seem to learn
>>
>>1052411
>Is there any denial at this point
yes, i deny it

there have been plenty of mma fights where grapplers lost to strikers, so shut the fuck up you connor bandwagoner.
watching mma for one fight oesnt make you an expert
>>
>>1052465
>posts a webm of conner getting btfo by grappling
>call him a conner fan boy
Lolwut
>>
>>1052421
No. He lost because his ground game is dog shit.
>>
>>1052452
Fuck u fat boy
>>
>>1052411
209 mother fuckers
>>
>>1052411
Yeah, Rutten, Liddell, Machida, Vovchanchyn...

Diaz is a better striker then McGregor, anyway.
>>
>>1052567
looked like he was losing to me before that retarded takedown attempt. diaz face was pretty bloody
>>
>>1052572
>diaz face was pretty bloody
So?
>>
>>1052411
Good striking beats grappling ever time.

Problem: Good strikers are extremely rare in MMA.
>>
McGregor was either gassed as fuck by the second round or something shady was going on because he left himself open like a fucking moron almost the entire 2nd round.
>>
>>1052585
He got wobbly and blacked out after eating the left straight.
>>
>>1052581
Good grappling beats good striking every time. There's a reason why boxers and K-1 fighters constantly get destroyed in MMA unless their opponent does something stupid, like trying to stand and trade with them.
>>
>>1052585
this...

once he got that straight combo he was on another planet
>>
>>1052676
*cough* Frank Mir *cough*
>>
This debate is gay and old
everyone shits post this for the last 31 years and its the same result, it depends on the people fighting. depends on the game plans and training. so shut the fuck up and train faggots.
>>
>>1052579
Diaz was getting fucked up, that's what.
Conor fucked up in Round 2 and ate a heavy punch - something he's not used to. Nate took advantage of that.
>>
>>1052676
>There's a reason why boxers constantly get destroyed in MMA
name me a single boxer that isnt old washed up toney or ufc1 one glove jimmerson that had a single MMA fight
>>
>>1052756
Holly Holme.
>>
>>1052411
>grappling beats striking every time?
I guess you didn't even watch the fight, because conor lost because he was being out struck, not out grappled. it was in the verge of being a KO which is why in desperation he shot in hoping to run the clock on the ground and survive to the next round.

so actually it didn't show grappling is better, it showed that grappling wasn't even effective in surviving against the better striker, let alone defeating one
>>
>>1052487
Found the manlet
>>
>>1053325

Congratulations you looked in the mirror
>>
>>1053332
No need to get so angry there, Napolean
>>
>>1052471
>"bandwagoner" not "fanboy", people are hopping on the connor bandwagon because ufc fans are so "hyped" that other people will pretend to know to fit in, they learn the easiest thing to which is connor because of aforementioned hype.
>>
>>1052777
>implying women
>>
>>1052485
No. He lost because he couldnt maintain the energy output of striking at that weight class and made the shitty decision of going to the ground because he was so spent.
>>
>>1052721
Diaz was getting fucked up -- until he went on the offensive and began trading blows. As said in the commentating of the fight, he has a tendency to bleed, but that doesn't mean that he's so weak to strikes. McGregor got cocky, you could even see him verbally mocking the guy as he put all of his energy into trading blows. Diaz took each of them and returned in kind.

The entire reason this went to the ground was because McGregor realized he was about to get knocked the fuck out from all the successive punches he was eating.
>>
>>1053935
not him but why not both? Nick Diaz is the last person to go to the ground with, Connor isn't known for his ground game, and he's a manlet. It doesn't have to just be one thing.
>>
>>1053944
Exactly, he was giving Diaz all he had and he was eating those punches like cough drops. Connor just doesn't belong in that weight class. This is why there are weight classes. Those punches would have KO'ed a featherweight i.e. Aldo.
>>
File: natediazstaydown.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
natediazstaydown.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>1053935
he had a long training camp, diaz had 2 weeks for this. Conor bought his own hype and forgot that the fucking diaz brothers have been doing that shit for years, nate got into HIS head and beat conor.
>>
>>1053980
He didn't train for the matchup against diaz though, that's just as important as getting in shape.
>>
>>1053982
Its less of a hindrance than taking a fight short notice
>>
>>1053982
No it really isn't, he even has said he doesn't train specifically for any fighter because he's from a meme training camp. Diaz had a few days to train (didn't even have enough time to spar properly) compared to Conor's months of training for hours on end every day for a fight.

The weight difference between the two was a whole 1 pound because neither of them cut any weight making that insignificant an also beneficial to Conor considering cutting only hurts your stamina and fighting ability. The reach difference wasn't that great, what really mattered was height and boxing fundamentals.

Conor wasn't slowing significantly till he was actually tagged, after that he was done. Diaz weathered the early storm and put the pace on him in the second half of the second round.
>>
>>1053935
he decided to go to the ground because he knew he was about to get heemed
a submission is less humiliating than a ko
>>
>>1052676
A good striker is untouchable by a grappler. Grapplers strength is also their weakness. A good striker has no weakness other than becoming exhausted.
MMA is a bad way to grade fighting styles. In the end all those years and hours of training will get thrown out of the window and for a few moments they go purely off instinct and hardwired technique.
>>
hello when is CM punk fighting?
>>
>>1054051
In 10 years once he learns a single martial art
He will then only fight a single tomatoe can and retire with an undefeated record of 1-0
>>
>>1054051
hes saying UFC201 he will probably say something happened and back out of it too.
>>
>>1054047
I agree that a good striker can wreck a good grappler if he's trained for it but come on now. nobody is untouchable.
>>
>>1053954
McGregor might not even be able to make 145 again so what is your point. Can't make 145, weak at 155? What's that make him?

Also Diaz defended and rolled with a ton of McGregor's punches. The first round was not nearly as one sided as people act.
>>
>>1053935
>>1052485
>>1052421

No he lost because he was fighting a bigger man. End of story.

Bigger men will always win.
>>
>>1054102
wrong, the stat you need to look at was reach and arm length. the size wasn't that much of a factor hell Cornor was able to sweep Diaz in guard and wasn't pushed around in clinch or grappling

His undoing? Once Diaz established his jab, getting passed the arm length.
>>
>>1054103
Are you saying smaller men can have more reach and longer arms than bigger men?
>>
>>1054134
yeah actually, really depends there are some manlets in terms of height in weight in both boxing and MMA that have freakishly long arms that would fit the next weight class above them.

wing span and arm length are underrate and under value to casual but a majority of combat sport fans in the know that arm length isn't limited to taller people.
>>
File: 1302411782797.jpg (26 KB, 151x175) Image search: [Google]
1302411782797.jpg
26 KB, 151x175
>>1054145
>>
ITT tall people always beat short people, arm reach means more than skill/training/endurance and heart amongst a plethora of other things trying to make up for their golden boy McGregor getting tapped after a 2sec hold .... While the woman's champ refused to tap and was choked out, but did half of the shit talking the Irish midget did
McGregor fans btfo Stockton just fistfuckd Ireland and nothing you redhead cunts can say will make a difference
>>
>>1054134
>
my friend is 120kg and has a small reach
im 80kg,taller and have a 81 inch reach.
>>
>>1054157
I'm sure you would beat Tyson
He was a manlet after all
>>
>>1054166

What is sarcasm friend? My point was u faggots who argue height are idiots

Thanks for literally proving and confirming my point
>>
File: hqdefault1.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault1.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>1052411
No style is guaranteed to win and martial arts are meant for self defense not entertainment.
>>
File: ushirogeri.jpg (10 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
ushirogeri.jpg
10 KB, 301x167
When he was doing wheel kicks he was twisting the air out of his lungs while being totally inaccurate. With a back kick you can skip backwards, keep the air in your lungs and they can't punch the back of your head. The rest of his kicks seemed like a total waste of energy.
>>
>>1054102
Diaz is only like 2 kg heavier, most of which is fat.
>>
>>1052411

Is there any denial at this point that vegans beat meat eaters every time?
>>
>>1052411

Goddamn, your sheepish ways are triggering me..

>grappling beats striking every time
>every time

So we never saw a striker beating a grappler?
Also ther isn't any pure grappler in MMA anymore.

Also this is bait, I rate 4/10 for triggering me.
>>
>>1052411
Diaz had a way better idea coming into this fight he used small jab and the stockton slap to get his guard down then clablamo bud also Nate just made me $11500 I bet 2nd round sub

On the real his boxing is shit compared to Mcfaggor
>>
>>1054623
>objectively worse at most things
>needs a separate league in nearly every sport including chess
>>you should take women athletes serious

Top kek
>>
>>1054641

>uncluding chess
>who is Judit Polgár

Also:
>women are objectively the better pilots in fighting jets
>still get much lesser oportunities to fly

>women have nowadays higher IQ then men
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9401241/IQ-tests-women-score-higher-than-men.html

>women are beatiful
>men are ugly, hairy, smelly apes

>women are mature and can handle stress
>men are basically big childs

>women endure more pain when giving birth than a man will in his whole life

So tell me, are you gay or just a fedora wearer?
>>
>>1054718
Hello, ovaries.
>>
>>1054720

No, I'm male and a martial artist.

I'm just not an insecure neckbeard virgin who needs to boost his ego by trying to put other people below him.
>>
>>1054470
How's aikido at the YMCA going?
>>
File: i came to laugh at you.png (100 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
i came to laugh at you.png
100 KB, 375x375
>>1054724

No, you are a manlet cuckold, who has to lick female asses to get pussy.
>>
>>1054760
no, hes a troll which he exposed by overplaying his hand about women being able to handle stress
>>
>>1052411
You should fucking stick to wrestling you blind retard. Diaz destroyed Mcgoober in terms of strking
>>
>>1054828
He didn't destroy goobs with his striking. He definitely won the striking overall, but it wasn't that one sided.
>>
>>1054718
dont bite the b8 /asp/
>>
>>1054718
>muh one chess player that tries to compete with men

Kek

>women are objectively the better pilots fighting jets

Objectively false, women can handle g force slightly better than men but they have other limitations, men are the better pfighter pilot, that's why most fighter pilots are men even when a lot of women join the air force

>IQ

That's the averages but the highest scores tend to come from men

>women can handle stress
>implying women aren't always one bad day away from a breakdown

>women endure pain in childbirth

Kek, that's what you are made to do
>>
>>1055193
>unironically responding to 2/10 bait
wew
>>
>>1054051

>Hypocrite
>Whiner
>Coward
>Manlet
>Doesn't lift
>Emo geek
>Entitled brat
>Hissy fit enthusiast
>Meat-fearer
>Booze-dodger
>Pudding belly
>Straight edge weakling
>Never drew a penny
>My Chemical Romance fan
>GTS stolen from KENTA
>Ananconda Vice stolen from Tenzan
>Cried about Lesnar
>Cried about The Rock
>Cried about HHH
>Cried about Vince
>Cried about The Big Guy (for you!) Ryback
>Is the only person who sees talent in his boyfriend Colt Cabana
>Performs worst top rope elbow drop in history
>Booked as WWE champion for over year, made million of dollars - all he did was complain
>Most laughable "fighter" in UFC history

You must be joking, the clown will NEVER fight.
>>
>grappling beats striking

>mcmemer goes for a takedown
>gets punched in the head repeatedly until he turtles and gets choked out

it wasnt diaz's ability to grapple that won that, it was the fact he punched him until he went into a position where he could put heeem sleepy
>>
>>1054168
If you lean forward your height becomes reach and look up what leverage is.
>>
>>1052777
so uh... an ex UFC champ is your proof of how boxing will always lose in MMA?
>>
>>1055723
While I don't agree with anyone here, let's be fair

>Holly beat Ronda with striking, yes, but
>Ronda tried to out strike Holly
>And Holly did get choked out

Looking at past outcomes regardless of detail doesn't accurately depict a winning strategy between grappling and striking. The two should be inseparable in mma but that's just my two cents
>>
>>1055311
This is true. Diaz's grappling looked fucking awful that fight. McGregor got the better of the grappling for a lot of the fight. But in the end, his grappling was complete shit and he put himself in a RNC. No props for Diaz. I could have put him in an RNC too if he just turned over like that.
>>
>>1053944
Diaz's face has a shit load of scar tissue. It's not hard to draw blood in that situation.
>>
>>1053982
I doubt you would have excuses for Diaz if he lost. You potato nigger fanboy
>>
>>1054103
It was a two inch difference. It shouldn't make a difference if he is the bad ass he says he is.
>>
>>1052411

>irish_takedown.webm
>>
>>1056302
2 inches makes a ton of difference, again try and train and try to launch your offensive set against someone that can out zone you and preemptively thwart you before you can even get close.
>>
>>1054103
>>1056302
>>1057564

do any of you know how the reach is measured?
>>
File: BoxerReach.png (3 KB, 380x228) Image search: [Google]
BoxerReach.png
3 KB, 380x228
>>1057604
like basketball and boxing,
pic relate
>>
>>1057736

exactly. hopefully our new ufc fans learn something.
>>
Conor's loss was almost inevitable when he gassed out.

He put too much of his energy into the first round trying to KO Diaz which gave him a 10-9 in the first and some moderate damage on Nate, but left him starving in round 2.
>>
>>1056299
It goes both ways. The fight was random, it goes against competitive spirit in favor of marketing a hype spectator sport.
>>
rematch when?
it was actually a good fight, I would like to see them fight again
>>
>>1059002
Not anytime soon, it's best if McGoober goes back to 145 and gains momentum.
As for Nate, it be cool to see him fight RDA again. Nate got slaughtered in that fight and it be great rematch
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.