[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gained nuclear heat for breaking taker's streak >within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: brock-lesnar-paul-heyman4.jpg (67 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
brock-lesnar-paul-heyman4.jpg
67 KB, 600x352
>gained nuclear heat for breaking taker's streak
>within one year becomes one of the most over faces
how does lesnar do it?
>>
Hes a legitimate badass and people recognize this. Hes gotten over naturally as opposed to Reigns who people can see through.
>>
He won fairly and only wrestled guys the crowd loathed afterwards.
>>
The world is at this point where we hate the good guys and cheer the bad guys.
>>
>>1052109
He absolutely dominated John Cena and Roman Reigns who everyone hates.
>>
you're here...
>>
>>1052109
He's an actual fighter
>>
>>1052183
That's just a copout used when lousy babyfaces don't get over.
>>
>>1052402
i guess that's why new day, kevin owens and seth rollins consistently get massive face reactions right
>>
>>1052406
Rollins was booked as an underdog for basically his entire reign
Owens has always been massively charismatic
New Day are the brightest light in a woefully under-entertaining division
>>
>>1052183

How is Lesnar a bad guy? Does he cheat to win? Is he a chickenshit? Does he do anything that identifies his character as a heel?

No. He's just a juggernaut. He comes in like a destructive force of nature, does his thing, and leaves a battered opponent in his wake.
>>
>>1052417
Rollins was booked as a cowardly heel his entire reign. Like a modern day Hinky Tonk Man, but with the World Heavyweight strap instead of the IC.

That's totally not the same as being booked like an underdog.
>>
>>1052460
So what you're saying is that he's over in the same way Goldberg was over?
I can kinda understand that, though he is somehow worse on the mic than Goldberg was.
>>
>>1052406
>new day, kevin owens and seth rollins consistently get massive face reactions right
Let's see
>new day
They come out to silence most of the time
>KO
Well his first feud was with John Cena so they were basically asking for it to happen
>Summerslam
Only got cheered against Cena. He had heat for betraying the shield and was over as a heel until Cena and then Kane, which no one cared about because who can care about a title feud with Kane in 2015
>>
>>1052463

Exactly. And since Brock is a part timer, he doesn't suffer from being overexposed like Jewberg eventually did. Brock is a special attraction.

That, and Brock is just so much better in the ring than Jewberg ever was.
>>
>>1052470
Honestly I'd still prefer Goldberg over Lesnar so long as they a) made him a part timer as you said instead of feeding him jobbers every week, and b) taught him enough basic wrestling to not fucking murder people. To me, he's more visually impressive, and his trashy tattoo is way better than Lesnar's trashy tattoo.
>>
>>1052475

Except Lesnar has that background as a legit shoot fighter that, combined with his overall look, makes him more credible than Jewberg ever was with the look alone.

Brock is better in every way. Even spamming F5s and German suplexes looks better than spamming spears.
>>
>>1052462
Functionally, it is: The Authority were continually stacked the odds against him and he somehow always managed pulled out the win.

Who doesn't want to cheer that guy?
>>
>>1052475
> Goldberg
> 2016

Let it go.
>>
because le happy advocate
>>
>>1052374
I'm here...
>>
>nuclear heat

No he didn't lmao
>>
>>1052109
>>gained nuclear heat for breaking taker's streak
>>within one year becomes one of the most over faces

Heyman managed to turn the heat into cheers directly the night after with his RAW promo
>>
>>1052520
This. Op is a fag.
>>
>>1052109

By not being on WWE television.

You'll note pretty much ANYONE who is on TV on a weekly basis gets a tepid reaction. Possibly because the writing and booking is objectively fucking terrible.

Just look at ANY debuting or returning wrestler. Goldust was met with a good pop when he returned at SvS, and now that he's been on TV for a few months, no one could give less of a shit. The most over wrestlers in the Rum Bowl were AJ (debut), Brock (works 6 dates a year), and Sami Zayn (third "debut"/return from injury).
>>
>>1052460

>Does he do anything that identifies his character as a heel?

He's an arrogant dick that hides behind a manager and acts too good for the entire business. But you're right, he's more of a force of nature above good and evil than he is a proper heel.

It depends largely who he's fighting. If he were to feud with a beloved babyface (of which there aren't any on the main roster because this company is asswater), he'd be a heel.
>>
>>1052492

Jewberg is a trained shoot fighter (though never professional) and was a goddamn NFL defensive tackle.
>>
>>1052570
>He's an arrogant dick that hides behind a manager and acts too good for the entire business
>getting worked by the Beast Incarnate
>>
>>1052573
>pointing out what his character is = getting worked
Utterly stupid post.
>>
>>1052571

Brock was an NCAA D1 wrestling national champion at heavyweight, and a former UFC heavyweight champion. Whatever training Goldberg has pales in comparison to Lesnars competitive accomplishments at both the collegiate and the professional level.

And what the fuck does playing football have to do with being perceived as legit shoot fighter?
>>
>>1052570

It's more like he's a vicious animal and Heyman is the only person who can even come close to controlling him. I don't see how that's "hiding behind a manager".

But even that doesn't make him a heel. Animals aren't good or evil, they're just animals.
>>
>>1052571
Shit, goldberg marks are just as deluded as goldberg himself is.
>>
>>1052463
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5m2I4i7Ueo

Literally better than everything goldberg has ever said, not just in the ring, but at any point and in any place in his entire life.
>>
>>1052468
>Only got cheered against Cena. He had heat for betraying the shield and was over as a heel until Cena and then Kane, which no one cared about because who can care about a title feud with Kane in 2015
I did. Kane is still a draw.
>>
hes the beast
>>
>>1052109
Lesnar never had nuclear heat.
Heyman did.
People always loved Bork because he's a unique entity.
>>
I kinda wish he made his moveset a little more diverse. He used to be such a spectacle, but now I think they force the SUPLEX aspects of him a little too much.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.