[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Vince a good commentator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Vince.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Vince.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
Was Vince a good commentator?
>>
>>1051300
WHAT A MANEUVER
>>
>>1051300
1-2-3 HE GOT HIM

WAIT, NO HE DIDN'T
>>
BAAAAAACK BODY DROP!
>>
AAAARRGHHHHH WHAT A RIDE
>>
He was pretty great
>>
He was the Michael Cole of his time
>>
>>1051300
watch the Aja Kong match from Survivor Series 94 or 95 where Vince has to put over a bunch of joshis and Alundra Blayze, it's his best commentary job ever.
>>
>>1051300
No, he was awful. Absolutely hate the voice he used for commentary.
>>
I'll never forget the ending to Bret vs Michaels desu
His voice was great for commentary
>>
Is vince crazy or is it a work?
>>
VKM: "Boston Crab!"
Gorilla Monsoon (disgustedly): "....Camel Clutch...."
>>
>>1052466
The Survivor Series one?
>>
UN BE LIE VABLE!
>>
>>1051300
Far better than Michael Cole at least
>>
Imagine Vince and Shane on commentary
>>
>>1051300
Looking back his voice was so different before the debut of his Mr. McMahon character
>>
HUU NEE BAA CHII NOO HE'S GOT EEMMMM
>>
>>1052588
I think he talking about Mania

WAAAAARN
TAAAAAR
THRAAAA

The boyhood dream etc
>>
>>1052615

If you think Vince is good on commentary yet Cole sucks, I got some bad news for you...

Vince literally tells Michael Cole what to say via headset, and has done so for years. Cole is basically his mouthpiece
>>
>>1052477
Yes
>>
TH- TH- THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE
>>
WHAT A MANEUVER

he was one of the worst
>>
>>1051387
I was disappointed that when Vince started pro wrestling he didn't have that as his finisher
>>
He always sounded like a barking dog in a way.

He wasn't good, but he had a minimum standard, unlike the current ones.

Commentary/announcing is one of the few things about pre-PG Era wrestling that was often bad. Gorilla Monsoon, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Vince McMahon, Tony Schiavone and Howard Finkel are all more or less over-rated. They relied on "dah voice" the same way some wrestlers rely on "dah look". However, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, Gordon Solie, Jesse Ventura, Roddy Piper and Michael Buffer were all excellent (although not always, especially in the case PG Era Jerry Lawler). Other legends were also good at it.
>>
File: IMG_7136.jpg (44 KB, 452x455) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7136.jpg
44 KB, 452x455
>Vince
>Good commentator
>>
>>1054092

>Gorilla Monsoon, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Vince McMahon, Tony Schiavone and Howard Finkel are all more or less over-rated
>Howard Finkel
>over-rated

My nigga I wish I could just reach into my screen and slap the shit outta you right now

That nigga used to make WWF events sound like Roman Colosseum fights and shit

He is the GOAT wrestling ring announcer
>>
>>1054172
This tbqh Pham. Fink was awesome and he didn't fuck up all the time like that female ring announcer they got whats her face that has a huge bush and has somehow kept her job for 15 years
>>
>>1054178
>huge bush
say what now
>>
>>1054189

One of xpacs shoots for ho in the bag calls her out for having a maaaasssive bush, tells her to mow it etc
>>
>>1054178
>Lilian has a huge bush

holy shit please my boner cannot get much harder
>>
>>1051300

him and Jesse are the best commentating duo of all time. better than Lawler/Ross and better than Heenan/Monsoon.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.