[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog "killed" a possum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 20160714_000658.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160714_000658.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Not sure if this is the right board and i just wanted to share this somewhere
>hanging out in backyard at 12 ish
>hear dog scrambling in the back
>call her
>doesnt come
>get up to take a look
>she approaches me with a fucking possum in her mouth and drops it
>im freaking out and get the dog to stay the fuck away
>call dad
>by the time he comes possum is getting up very slowly(he was severly injured)
>he lets the dog have another go
>after that i poke it a few more times
>slight flinching
>get a pipe and smash the skull in
>burry it
This was a weird night.
>>
>>2167397
Cool blog
>>
>>2167397
Fuck me now that i think of it it was alive the whole time. The dog probably just scared it and it played dead so the dog brought it back.
>>2167399
I am new to this board is this a bad place to share my experience?
>>
>live in the country
>have dog
>find possum/coon/groundhog/fox carcass
It happens OP. You don't want to attract wildlife so make sure all trash and food is secure. Keep all shots up to date for your dog. Pay more attention early in morning and late at night, that is typically when something comes around.
>>
>>2167400
Unless your dog is a hunting dog, it possibly was. Lots of companion dogs like to chase animals, and if they catch them, they don't quite know what to do with them.
>>
Damn. Poor little possum. Yes, it could've been uninjured at first and just playing dead, possums do that as a natural defense mechanism.

Also I really don't think it was ethical for your dad to "let your dog have another go." Come on, man.
>>
>call dad
Underage pussy NEET detected
>>
Your dad sounds like a cunt.
>>
Try /k/ next time, they love this shit.
And they'll tell you to give it a viking burial
>>
>>2167452
>And they'll tell you to give it a viking burial

Audibly kek'd at the thought of giving a possum a viking burial
>>
>>2167427
Dog has her shots and everything. I live in Cali and not sure why the possum was there. Not food or trash is around the area.
>>2167430
Just like me he thought its injured and about to die.
>>2167436
Im in college but still live with my parents. >>2167452
>>2167474
I dug a grave and put a cross over it. Rip little guy killed by autist who forgot tjat possums play dead.
>>
>>2167595
> I live in Cali and not sure why the possum was there. Not food or trash is around the area.

The Opossum was just wandering around. Because, you know animals have legs and can walk with them. I'm pretty sure Opossums are naturally found in Cali anyway, so it wasn't something unusual.

>he thought its injured and about to die

Possibly, but a dog could still have easily punctured holes in the Opossum's flesh. It could've led to infection even if it was still left alive.

>college but still live with my parents

A lot of people(including me) are doing that. But, you still need to grow the fuck up and learn to handle situations without your parents sometimes. You could've taken a broom, and pushed it outside, and slammed a shovel on it's head and be done with it.

>I dug a grave and put a cross over it. Rip little guy killed by autist who forgot tjat possums play dead.

This reminds me of a thread where a guy's cat caught a mouse and posted it on 4chan, and ended up watching The Musketeers before it eventually died and buried it in the backyard.
>>
>>2167612
>Possibly, but a dog could still have easily punctured holes in the Opossum's flesh. It could've led to infection even if it was still left alive.
I kind of want to take out the corpse to check but would rather not at this point.
>A lot of people(including me) are doing that. But, you still need to grow the fuck up and learn to handle situations without your parents sometimes. You could've taken a broom, and pushed it outside, and slammed a shovel on it's head and be done with it.
I had no idea what the fuck to do familia. I was in panic and pissed at the dog since i thought the dog killed it. In reality i am the real monster.
>>
>>2167616
>I am the real monster

Don't hurt yourself about this. Yes you killed an animal, but at least you didn't kill a person. Admit your mistakes and get over it. It was an Opossum, not a fucking condor. Some people might be happy you killed a vermin like that.

Yes it was a time that a lot of people will become irrational in. You just got to remind yourself that life will come with hard decisions and sometimes needs a quick and rational response.
>>
>>2167628
Thanks anon.
>>
>>2167595
>Just like me he thought its injured and about to die.
Then it should be given a humane death, not have a dog try to maul it to death. That's awful.
>>
>>2167616
>pissed at the dog since i thought the dog killed it
Don't be mad at your dog for doing what dogs do. Even if your dog had killed it, it's unreasonable to be angry at the dog. A dog is a predator animal by nature. They chase and kill small animals. I know it sucks--we don't want the possum to die for no reason--but it's unfair to be upset at the dog for it
>>
>>2167680
Well i didnt yell at her or anything so its not like the dog got punished in any way. She looked pretty proud of herself as well.
>>
>>2167686
"Master, I bring back a gift. For you! Are you happy i protected the den? He surely would have bitten you. But I got him. Are you happy, master? I love you!"
>>
we use traps to catch possums and raccoons, and kill them all the time, the possums will play dead.(we own chickens so we kindly help their predators to fuck off into heaven)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.