[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of ants? They invade my bedroom every summer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: ants-4239_640.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ants-4239_640.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
How do I get rid of ants?

They invade my bedroom every summer and this has to stop.
>>
I feel your pain.

Try Antrid, or some similar product. It's a liquid they collect and take back to the nest that poisons the whole colony.
>>
>>2165738
Are we talking of spicy boys or crazy lads?
>>
>>2165762
Wow I just wanted them to not come to my room.
>>
>>2165782
Man the fuck up! This is full species war we're talking here. You think that those ants care or have sympathy for you? No! They won't stop until every last corner is crawling with them. Gas the ants species war now!
>>
>>2165738
I get few ants. I don't drop food and I pick up the pet food. Is it wrong to not care?
>>
This is going to sound stupid but

line your entrances with ground cinnamon, it's the only thing ive found that keeps them out of my room. Especially when it rains
>>
>>2166030
What about water? Ants invade my cats water bowl
>>
File: ants.jpg (152 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
ants.jpg
152 KB, 1024x681
>>2165738
Clean your house. Do not bring food or drink into your bedroom or leave empty containers/utensils/dishes in it. For the kitchen and dining area, clean up after eating, and store all leftovers in sealed containers. Remove crumbs, clean up spills, etc.

If your room is on the ground level, or can easily and safely be inspected from the outside of the house, look for cracks, holes, and other entry points. Seal them with caulk as best you can to limit entry points. Replace broken screens and loose/damaged/rotten boards around windows. Doing this around the whole house is a good idea for pests in general.

If you want to use something organic methods, you can lay down some diatomaceous earth (DE) around the perimeter of your house. Inside, mint oils or cinnamon may also help deter them. You can look online for more suggestions, though your mileage may vary.

For synthetic control, look over your options at a hardware store. Best used inside, since outdoor use will be subject to all sorts of restrictions, and require reapplication. Good areas to consider are by door and window frames, along baseboards, and in corners, where ants may tend to travel along, or congregate. That said, if you expect a lot of human/pet traffic in the areas you intend to treat indoors, maybe pursue one of the organic methods instead, or those baited ant traps (though those can be hit or miss).
>>
>>2166049
Something is wrong there
>>
I heard putting out splenda kills them, they take it to their nest and it kills the queen.
>>
>>2166059
As I said before, I don't want them to die, I Just want them to not invade my room
>>
>>2166112
You will have to employ pheromones
>>
>>2165738
well how do they get in? caulk or spackle their entryway into the room
>>
Find out where they're coming in, and pour cinnamon all around it. I've used cinnamon successfully in the past. I think it just destroys their scent trails.
>>
>>2165762
>>2166027
>>2166059
>>
I get ants in my room about every other year, I follow them and find where they are going and coming from and I seal off both. Then raid the whole path.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
The answer is simple
>>
>put out a taro trap
>next day it's covered in dirt
>put out just the liquid
>covered in a ring of dirt
>put out a weird box with a dot on top
>covered in dirt and grass

Fucking hell.
>>
>>2166200
That would be cool
>>
>>2166032
We did this with bees.

Sometimes we'd even put the entire hive on top of cinnamon sticks so there'd be no way for them to walk into the hive without touching cinnamon.
>>
>>2166053
This guy is spot on

Don't even imagine leaving food/drink in your room. A single little drop of soda left in a bottle will bring them in
>>
>>2165738
Have you tired cleaning your fucking room you slob?
>>
Stop leaving half-eaten hot pockets and mountain dew all over your room
>>
>>2165738
Don't. Become their king. Rule over them with an iron fist. Become this guy basically: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Roach_King
>>
My aunt had lots of ants and she spread used coffee grounds in the same way other anons suggested cinnamon and she said she hasn't seen any all summer since
>>
>>2166057
Not really. Ants search for water sources my bathroom gets ants sometimes during the summer
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Try out diatomaceous earth. It helps a lot and it's pet safe if you get the food grade type.

Helped me slowly deal with carpet beetles. Also getting away from disgusting roommates is another thing too.
>>
>>2166274
That would turn shitty.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.