[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the law about picking up raptor feathers from the ground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hawk.jpg (265 KB, 1300x862) Image search: [Google]
hawk.jpg
265 KB, 1300x862
Why does the law about picking up raptor feathers from the ground even exist? Does it really change or prevent anything?
>>
The law exists because when a person is caught with feathers belonging to rare and protected birds there is no way to prove whether it was just collected or whether a bird was killed to harvest it, thus a blanket ban is enforced.
I know they're pretty but just leave them. We don't need them but other animals can actually use them.
>>
my grandspa used to collect raptor feathers all the time and gave them to me when i was little
i still have them, but i was dumb when i was younger and washed them, the barn feather owl isn't as soft anymore ;_;
>>
Fajne
>>
>>2164520
>I know they're pretty but just leave them. We don't need them but other animals can actually use them.
You aren't hurting anything by taking feathers on the ground. But yeah OP the reason behind the law is what he said. There is virtually no chance you'd ever be caught though, and even if you somehow managed to fuck up beyond human measure and get caught, it is extremely unlikely they'd actually do anything to some normal person with a few feathers they found on the ground.
>>
>>2166058
>>2164520

Not only that, but collecting feathers to sell or make something to sell creates a demand for feathers, which poses a threat to the birds because you can't guarantee they were found and not poached.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.