[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://factoverfallacy.com/info/pit bullprejudicedefieslogic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: love-1269038_1280.jpg (216 KB, 1280x1175) Image search: [Google]
love-1269038_1280.jpg
216 KB, 1280x1175
http://factoverfallacy.com/info/pitbullprejudicedefieslogic/

I decided to make a post of all studies, expert opinions and metadata showing how a few myths combined with rampant media coverage can fool the masses. Discrimination requires prejudice; prejudice requires illogical uneducated thinking.
>>
I love pit bulls.
>>
I know the media can target anyone and put a spin on it
>>
Mans best friend
>>
I have a bit bull that loves people and dogs
>>
File: rose-1273577_1280.jpg (136 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
rose-1273577_1280.jpg
136 KB, 853x1280
>>
Bad strong dogs bred to fight and kill should be illegal to own.
>>
>>2164028
>I have a pit bull that loves to maim people and dogs
>>
>>2164057
Most pit bulls aren't bred to fight.
>>
>>2164064
they should still be illegal.
>>
>>2164064

Which makes their outbursts of rage and violence all the more worrisome.
>>
>>2164076
That doesn't make sense.
>>
I have a mentally retarded pit bull that loves people and basically anything that's alive. Loves kids and cuddling with them.

She's so fucking dumb.
>>
Doesn't change the fact that they're fucking ugly though.
>>
Ugly, stupid, aggressive... best breed ever if you are the same type of person.
>>
>>2163951
Pit bulls are ugly dogs. I don't mind perpetuating the myths as long as it means pit bulls get put down. They are ugly and don't deserve to live, I hate them. They have disgusting faces, disgusting jaws, and disgusting colourways (brindle being the worst).

Kill all pit bulls.
>>
>>2163951
>implying all the actual shitbulls owned by bad people are included in a scientific study

It doesn't remotely take into account all the shitty people that flock towards pit bulls, and either train them to express their aggression more, or don't attempt to train them at all. All the 'nice' pit bulls I've met have been friendly, but fat and dumb - usually just like their owners.
>>
My aunt has a pit bull that loves cucumbers and is very awkward and autistic. Maybe cucumbers are the answer.
>>
File: letip.jpg (2 KB, 97x125) Image search: [Google]
letip.jpg
2 KB, 97x125
>>2164218

(You)
>>
>>2164064
by "bred to fight" i'm going to assume you meant *recently." in the past, they all were -- that was their purpose. bull baiting, bear baiting, and, eventually, dogfighting. but using your flawed rationale:

most sighthounds aren't bred to race. still can't trust them off-leash.

most beagles and bassets aren't bred to hunt. they still sound like noone's business when they see something of interest and obsess over a scent.

most [insert popular shepherd dog used as pet] weren't bred to herd. they still exhibit herding behaviors, leaning on you, etc.

why? because these traits are ingrained into these breeds after generation upon generation upon selective breeding. it is the reason that there ARE breeds of dogs, and why you can have general expectations of particular breeds' behaviors, individual's quirks notwithstanding.

pit bulls were bred for bloodsport, to bite and grip and not let go, to the death. this can happen with any of them, leading to mauling and death, above and beyond the bite-and-release of other dogs breeds. please stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>2164292
Most pit bulls do not even have a drop of fighting breed in them. Taking that into consideration, I have never met a pug/beagle mix, even a recent one, sniff for rabbits.
>>
File: 1451262100153.jpg (29 KB, 299x324) Image search: [Google]
1451262100153.jpg
29 KB, 299x324
>>2164218
>>
>>2164294
ok. so you have pit bulls who just magically appeared out of nowhere? where did they come from? the breed's origin is what it is, like it or not, and all modern pits descended from them. they didn't just poof outta nowhere. re: beagles, it's not always literally rabbits. i've yet to meet a beagle that didn't bark more than the average dog, and the smell thing could be anything from the garbage can to a buried cat turd.
>>
>>2164296
Pit bulls refer to over 60 dog breeds and all of their mixes, including labs. Someone can call their non pit bull dog a pit bull to get benefits like low cost vet care. Once the animal is named a pit bull on the rabies certificate, it is legally a pit bull even if it's a poodle. So yes, pit bulls absolutely do come out of nowhere; They come from dogs that are not pit bulls.

A study (which should be in OP) shows that after even a few generations of not breeding for a trait, the dog begins to lose that instinct. Hence the puggles; puggles are not known to trail like beagles are. I understand drives and such, but these drives you are talking about aren't instinct. Dog breeds have only been around for a few hundred years, which on the great scale of things it a little pin prick. A drive can be bred out. An instinct is like nursing puppies, snarling at a threat, etc and usually doesn't go away too quickly.

While we are talking about instinct and drive, let's talk about a APBT drive. You seem to insist their drive is mauling people. In actuality, any fear, aggression or aloofness to strangers Is a disqualifying trait for the breed. They are only allowed to be happy and excited around people. From a history standpoint, this is because the dogs were bull fighters, hog fighters, dog fighters, but they were never guard dogs. They were farm dogs, herding dogs, livestock guardians (traits which I bet you do not see now in the breed) that were also used in fighting for some side gambling money, until it became a popular sport.

Now let's say we aren't dealing with reputable breeders and we are dealing With hardcore dog fighting criminals; in the ring, any dog to show aggression to the referee at any point in the fight is disqualified, and someone loses a lot of money and reputation. That's because no body wants to get bit by a trained dog while doing their job, and a bad human bite may cause the entire operation to be uncovered.
>>
>>2164292
My greyhound was specifically bred to race, but I still trust him off-leash. Haven't had a single accident in 6 years I've had him.
>>
>>2164303
>In actuality, any fear, aggression or aloofness to strangers Is a disqualifying trait for the breed.
that's some no true scotsman shit right there
>They are only allowed to be happy and excited around people.
totally retarded
>From a history standpoint, this is because the dogs were bull fighters, hog fighters, dog fighters,
so they're fighting dogs
>but they were never guard dogs.
...dumb killing tools
>They were farm dogs,
that either means domestic dogs or it means nothing
> herding dogs, livestock guardians
bullshit
>(traits which I bet you do not see now in the breed)
well
>that were also used in fighting for some side gambling money, until it became a popular sport.
right around the time they became a popular dog. weird, right?
>>
>>2165019
Literally no good argument here. I can't fight your arguments if they are based on nothing. D-, at least you replied.

Look at APBT Breed standard. It's like saying retrievers, by standard, retrieve. How fucking far fetched.
Fallacy
Didn't read/ could not comprehend my post.
Fallacy
Fallacy
Fallacy
Fallacy
If you mean hundreds of years ago, yes. Pit bulls were not the top bit incident a decade ago though.

Come back with something worth fighting for, because to me this is a sign of defeat.
>>
>>2163951
Pitbulls are shitty violent beasts that should be banned
>>
Pitbulls are just the latest "evil" dog

Going back through the years German Shepards, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinscher all got the same treatment and yet they are all fine now.

Who wants to place bets on which dog will be next?
>>
>>2165300

gsd, rotts and dobermans got their fame due to movies

pitbulls from actual reports
>>
pitbulls are popular with trashy people who want tough-looking dogs. trashy people who place a high importance on how tough an animal looks or sounds aren't good caretakers of animals.

when you have a large population of shitty caretakers, who breed dogs that conform to their shitty standards, guess what? you get a whole breed of shitty dogs.

then you get women who insist "it's the owner not the breed!" and continue to be shitty owners because they figure that "not physically abusing a dog" is the same as taking good care of a dog.

overall, it's easier to ban a breed of dog than it is to ban retards. because animal eugenics is fine, but human eugenics is a big no-no.
>>
File: 20160711_043534.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160711_043534.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Sleeping with my pit boy right now

Why is an so obsessed with them
>>
it's a stupid idea to keep animals that are physically superior
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.