[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /an/, please help me keep my pupper cool. I live in South
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hi /an/, please help me keep my pupper cool. I live in South Carolina where the temperatures are in the triple digits and our a/c has stopped working. Even at night, it is literally 90 fucking degrees in my apartment right now. I'm concerned about keeping my pup cool, because she keeps panting and her fur is very thick and long. I've put her in a wet t shirt, pic related, which helped some. And I'm making sure that she has plenty of water. What else can I do to keep my girl cool? There is nowhere with ac that we can go, and it will be a few days before maintenance can get to us.
>>
Maybe try a cooling mat? I don't know too much about them but it might be worth checking out
>>
Go get your pup some thick shades as well as a cigarette and a beer. And a cap too. Coolest pup ever.

For real just try to keep her inside and in some place preserved from harsh sunlight. Do you have a basement or something ?
>>
>>2163527

Try giving her ice cubes, make sure she keeps hydrated and keep her inside.
>>
GET A FAN
E
T

A

F
A
N

Did you hear about the guy in Columbia who just died because he had no AC in his home?
Also if you have any tile or linoleum floor let her lay on that, it's cooler.
>>
>>2163527
Wet shirt will help. Can buy a cooling pad too. Those are very helpful. Go buy a fan... multiple if you can. Splash cold water on her belly. Maybe beg your groomer to shave her and fit you in ASAP
>>
Tape a bunch of frozen water bottles to him. I used to sleep on the porch or in the bathtub(only works if the bathtub is big enough so you're not on top of each other) with the dog when our electricity would be out in the summer. Spritz his ears with water, have a fan going.
>>
>>2163527
The best thing you could do is shave her fur, I will grow back. I had a Siberian husky for 17 years and every summer we would get his hair cut, if we didn't he would be laying in the kitchen tile panting it up because he would be too hot.
>>
>>2163784
DON'T SHAVE DOUBLE COATED DOGS
>>
>>2163535
>>2163647
>>2163649
>>2163780
Thanks for the advice everyone! Thermostat still reading an even 90 degrees in the apartment, even hotter at night. The apartment complex has given us several heavy duty, loud, huge fans that have helped a good bit. I went out to buy a few small personal fans and set them up around the bedrooms as well, which are upwards of 100 degrees but getting cooler.
>>2163647
I'm actually in Columbia as well. Super hot, but the fans have helped, despite being loud and scary to pupper.
>>
Freeze tubs of water with treats inside .

Get a small paddling pool for your dog.
>>
>>2163527

I love looking at this picture not because of the goofy wet tshirt but the way she looks at you. You can tell she's uncomfortable but that expression in her eyes just says, "I'm super sad but I trust that you'll make it all better." Warms my heart. Stay cool, pupper.
>>
>>2163784
Don't do this to huskies...
>>
>>2163786
>>2163979
Y no
>>
File: CoolingTIPGallonWater.jpg (117 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
CoolingTIPGallonWater.jpg
117 KB, 500x461
>>2163780
> frozen water bottles to him
this, but don't tape them to the dog
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2164123
I wish I could do this, but our freezer won't even freeze the freezy pops I bought today :(. I was going to wrap them around her but I guess it's too hot for the freezer to freeze. If my complex doesn't fix this tomorrow (which will be day four without ac) I'm going to drive a few hours to stay at my moms with pup.

This is our thermostat btw. It is 2:30 am, and above 90. This is the inside temperature. Someone save me from this misery.
>>
>>2164160
>, but our freezer won't even freeze the freezy pops I bought today

how is that even possible? what's wrong with your freezer??
>>
>>2163527
What does the shirt say? Cock proud? Cuck proud?
>>
>>2164167
Cock proud. The University of South Carolina's mascot is a gamecock, his name is Cocky. I have a lot of shirts with "cock" all over them.

>>2164163
I don't know, the hotter it gets, the more our shitty freezer feels like giving up. It's cold, but not ice-cold. If someone could give it a pep talk I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
File: Dirty-coils.png (330 KB, 700x326) Image search: [Google]
Dirty-coils.png
330 KB, 700x326
>>2164173
have you checked the coils? they might be dirty as hell. might try checking and clean all that shit out
>>
did you clean the coils op?
>>
>>2165243
op ded, fridge fell on him
>>
A bath
>>
>>2164160
>If my complex doesn't fix this tomorrow
ah, so it's your apartment's fault.

remind them that these are dangerous conditions not only for your dog but for humans. they'll be liable if you die from heatstroke.
>>
File: IMG_2884.jpg (702 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2884.jpg
702 KB, 2048x1536
>>2166661
>>2165243
Ah, sorry, they fixed it! And we did clean the coils. Thank you so much, it worked. I was able to wrap the pops up in a cloth and put them on my pup, who greatly appreciates your help. We are now currently chilling in a 71 degree apartment! :)
>>2166672
Yeah, we badgered them every day about it. The problem was that apparently our A/C unit is ancient and needs a certain type of frion (sp?) that is no longer available. We spent a full week without A/C, but everything is fine now. And they gave us a sizeable discount on this month's rent since it was literally only our apartment with this issue.

Thanks for all the helpful advice, everyone! Pupper can now sleep sound and cool.
>>
>>2163786
ugh, my aunt shaved her spitz (even though i told her not to) and the 2nd coat never grows back

at least she's retarded so i don't care that much
>>
>>2166931
You can also freeze chicken shreds in ice cubes for your dog, so it stays cool and hydrated while trying to get the chicken.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.