[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /an/, I'm hoping a cat owner can help me out here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hey, /an/, I'm hoping a cat owner can help me out here.

Pic related is a stray cat that we've been feeding for the past few months. While initially we were only feeding him because he was clearly starving and we had cat food on hand, inevitably everyone living here and everyone who comes over has fallen in love with the affectionate little dork.

This picture was taken when I was inside with him on the Fourth of July because I didn't want him to get hurt or lost again, but I can't leave him inside when I'm not there because a) the landlord doesn't want us to have cats and b) my roommate has one anyways who flies off the fucking handle at the sight of another cat.

My girlfriend is likely moving out in the fall, and will be taking him with her to live there if she does. In the meantime though, I feel like being outside all the time is a rough life, and I worry about the guy. We live right on a busy street after all.

I want to keep him inside and just put up some kind of gate so that he can't go downstairs where the other cat spends most of her time so I know that they aren't going fucking crazy on each other when I'm not home, but so that he still has some space to live in as opposed to just shutting him in the bathroom or something. Does anyone have experience with those pet gates as far as keeping out cats goes? I haven't seen one that's tall enough that I would think a cat couldn't jump over it.

If not that, any other ideas how I could keep the dude sheltered for a few months?
>>
Eat the cat
>>
>>2163531

I do not feel this course of action would help as it would likely only make me more sad.
>>
don't you have doors?? put it in your room with a litter box
>>
The cat will definitely get over the gate and it will also go under your doors if there's about a 3 inch clearance between the floor and the door. Try to put the roommates cat up and let the stray cat out downstairs once a day to get his scent around then after one or two weeks try introducing the cats. Repeat until successful.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.