[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are hairless cats really hypoallergenic? I want a shpynx but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x600
Are hairless cats really hypoallergenic? I want a shpynx but I'm highly allergic to your run of the mill cat.
>>
>>2163368
No. In fact, they might trigger your allergies worse since they are so greasy and rub their oils errywhere
>>
You're allergic to all cats.

What causes cat allergies is their saliva, not their hair.
>>
They look like what can only be described as sentient old man scrotum.
>>
>>2163368
No. There are some breeds that are better on allergies. Supposedly, the Siberian and Balinese are two great choices because of a mutation that causes them to lack a few genes that cause the allergens.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>2163375
Yeah I have been tested and it is the salvia that gets me. I hoped that since it is hairless the salvia on the fur couldn't get me. If I do get one I want to Ol'e nutsack
>>
The only cat that sometimes doesn't bother people with allergies are the hybrids. It isn't guaranteed though but supposedly a lot of them are just different enough it doesn't trigger people.
>>
>>2163420
All cats, even hairless ones, lick themselves. It will still stick to their skin and get on your furniture. Do not get pulled into a the hypoallergenic hype; it's all Bs shilled by BYBs. Only one test showed a breed to potentially produce less fel d 1 and it was conducted by that breed fancier (bias) and had a about 50 individuals, which is woefully small sample.

I'd suggest checking if each individual cat sets you off. Unfortunately this can't really be done at a breeder or shelter. But it can be done with foster homes and other people looking to rehome a single cat. Mutt cats can produce more/Less fel d 1
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.