[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a 7 year old neutered male cat and my girlfriend has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: cattrroopers.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
cattrroopers.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So I have a 7 year old neutered male cat and my girlfriend has a 10 year old spayed female cat. Would it be possible for the two to get along if we ever moved in together? My cat is very friendly and has lived with other cats before. He's a mixed indoor and outdoor cat, going and coming as he pleases but usually staying in during the night.

Hers is a bit territorial and acts aggressively to cats outside. She's an indoor cat.

Are there any possible techniques that would be applicable here?
>>
>>2162909
Pretty much zero and your cat can give her cat FIV.
>>
>>2162909
Kys
>>
>>2162909
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/introducing_new_cat.html

Google is friend.
Slow and steady makes happy cats.
>>
>>2162909
I'd have the outdoor cat tested. If it's positive for FIV/FeLV, they would need to always be seperated. Past that, both cats are going to need to be indoor cats for at least a few weeks if not months while you do a proper cat introduction (literally Google) and cats that are friends indoors, may not be friends outdoors. So if they do well inside, they may have issues outside that you can't observe or help or interrupt.

Also the outdoor cat will always have the chance to bring parasites and diseases so both cats will need to be utd on shots and flea/tick/dewormer. There is no vaccine for FIV.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.