[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a cat they said >they're fun and require less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160706_130249767.jpg (726 KB, 1580x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160706_130249767.jpg
726 KB, 1580x1080
>get a cat they said
>they're fun and require less maintenance than a dog they said
it's been like this every single fucking day for the past 2 months btw
>>
should I just go ahead and shave him?
>>
>>2162406
My neighbor shaved hers last summer. I guess it was more trouble than it was worth because she didn't do it this year.
>>
Honestly, you'll eventually get sick of it and learn to live with it.
>>
Now imagine that but with a 70 pound dog instead of a small, 10 pound feline.
>>
File: Snapchat-8700985227728308800.jpg (974 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8700985227728308800.jpg
974 KB, 1440x2392
>>2162403
Hah
Haha
Pic related is what I got after bath time with that social shed less shampoo and I brushed with two furminators at once for only 20min so I'm not even done.
>>2162436
This but take it up to 100lbs.
>>
>>2162437
special* not social
>>
>>2162428
>Honestly, you'll eventually get sick of it and learn to live with it.

This. We have 2 Great Pyrenees and the $70 jumbo-furminator. It has been sitting in a drawer for two years. It's easier to just vacuum and sweep twice as often.
>>
>>2162439
As someone who owns two long haired cats, one short haired dog (fucker sheds just as good as the rest of em), and one long haired dog... this. I still groom the ones I have to groom, and do use the furmigator after baths, but I just vacuum, sweep, and change sheets a lot.

Animal hair is just part of owning animals. You can get hairless animals, sure, but those require work as well (at least for cats, they need regular baths, not sure about doggos).
>>
>>2162437
I brush enough hair out of my dog that I could just build another dog. She really only actually sheds twice a year but I have to brush her often so she doesn't get mats.

Yesterday was the first time I had to brush my short haired cat. She sheds so much in hot weather.
>>
>>2162406
Consult with a groomer. Like dogs, some cats have coats that shouldn't be shaved because it keeps them cool.

My friend had a cat that got shaved in a lion cut. She was much happier and looked very cute afterward.

My dog (smooth border collie) sheds like crazy. It's a constant and never ending battle. I use a greyhound comb, slicker, and curry brush daily. I also need to vacuum and sweep daily. Bathing her often (biweekly) helps.
>>
File: cat-brush-640x360.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cat-brush-640x360.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
>>
>Have two fluffy cats
>One of immacualted, no dirt, no stray hairs if brushed and manages to keep white hair clean. Very very very rarely matts. She also loves being groomed
>Other one is I think is autistic, stinks of cat shit half the time, fur looks unkept even though brushed, have to clip shit out of hair every so often, most of it body would be covered in matts if it was not for regular clipping. Fucking hates being clipped and groomed.
>>
>>2162592
Is the slovenly cat a neutered male, by chance?
>>
>>2162616
Both are spayed females, 1 year in between.
I accidentally posted my last post without mentioning that the white clean fluffy cat is the mother of the black not clean fluffy cat.
>>
Speaking of brushing, can anyone recommend me a dog fur brush that actually works? I'm tired of brushing my dog for 10 minutes, getting a very small clump of fur then having a shitload of fur around my house
>>
It takes 5 mins tops to do that you little bitch.

Much better than having greasy sticky ass shit dog hair coating every single part of your house. I once had to sleep at someones house with dogs, the amount of times i got that stinky piss tasting hair in my mouth from laying in a bed that the dogs had gotten on ONCE made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>2162657
https://www.amazon.com/Better-Petter-Dog-Brush-Glove/dp/B0103L92TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467846416&sr=8-1&keywords=love+glove+for+dogs

https://www.amazon.com/SleekEZ-Horse-Brush-Grooming-Tool/dp/B00VC8DQX2/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1467846443&sr=1-1&keywords=Sleekez
>>
Brush and bathe your animals regularly or I will fucking stab you.

>mfw dog washer
>>
>>2162748
How often do you get bit? The groomer I bring my dog too loves him and told me shes hate little dogs because they tend to bite more.
Ironically my dog is a territory aggressive dog who has bitten strangers before, I was worried about bring him to a groomer but when I went to collect him I was told he was a gentleman and plus she had him outside of a cage with a ribbon on his neck.
He was following her around like a puppy around the groomers.
>>
>>2162786
Haven't been doing it long so I've only gotten snapped at and one kind of mouthed me once, but not hard. Little dogs do seem a bit more snappy. We tell everyone their dog was good unless we feel the need to tell them their dog is vicious and get it trained. Most dogs are pretty chill aside from their implacable hatred of the dryers.
>>
>>2162790
Do you work at a company or your own business. My groomer is self employed and she refuses to take a certain breed of toy dog, can't remember the breed name I think was a bishon freshe or how ever you spell it.
My dog loves to be groomed though which might help as well.
>>
>>2162793
Work for a small business. Bigger dogs are mostly chill. Had a Cane Corso in the other day who looked like she could wipe out the entire shop with ease but was totally friendly.
>>
>>2162640
There goes my theory. All the slob cats we've ever had were neutered males. The ladies were all very tidy.
>>
File: 1386775040607.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1386775040607.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>2162802
I think little dogs tend to be shits because they get babied, I have had a ton of small dogs, terriers which have a reputation for being Hitlers and had no problems with them because I treated like a dog.

>>2162806
All the toms I have had throughout my life time have all been very clean, both neutered and neutered.
In the black cat's litter there were two males and two females including the smelly black cat.
The two males were tiger grey cats and the one I kept was spayed and he was clean as hell, the other female was similar to the mother.

That litter was cursed though, the black smelly cat is the only survivor.
>The tom I gave away to a home who said they would keep him inside, they didn't so it got killed right outside the main road of their house.
>The Tom I kept, accidentally escaped my house, ran off and got killed on the same road even though it miles away.
>The fluffy black and white female that looked like the mother was sent to a great home, she got treated like a queen but she fell out of a two story window and snapped her spine, I seen the xray it was completely severed.

Worse was my tom, he was a complete bro and loved to cuddle and play all the time, would curl up between my legs. I was away at college, was driving home and thought oh shit there is a cat dead on the road, as I got closer I seen it was mine.
I cried for days.

So only my black autstic fluffy cat is left, it is a shame she does not clean herself properly.
She is probably the most naturally pretty cat I have ever had, it is hard to get a cat with a pretty face but if she cleaned herself like her mother she would be a beut.
I think she was the runt of the litter so that could be a key factor.
>>
>>2162821
How do you people have such stupid outdoor cats? Mine come when I call, come when I drive my car up, know not to play in the street, and will follow me around the block better than most dogs.
>>
Eat the cat
>>
>>2162437
i thought that was a tail butt plug at first
>>
>>2162857
I think it is because I live in the middle of nowhere, there like one other house nearby for miles and we have little traffic besides a nearby main road.
My mom always said the country is more tough on a cat than the city because city cats are road aware.
>>
File: lint-roller-against-green-shirt.jpg (87 KB, 1000x543) Image search: [Google]
lint-roller-against-green-shirt.jpg
87 KB, 1000x543
pic related really helps to be honest
plus my cat enjoys the feel
picks up all the shedding hair perfectly.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.