[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So over the past month or so this thing has grown on my dog's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Az9U7fI.jpg (905 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
Az9U7fI.jpg
905 KB, 3024x4032
So over the past month or so this thing has grown on my dog's ear. It started as a small bald spot with a barely noticeable bump and has progressed into what you see here.

What is this? Is it safe for me to puncture/squeeze (in a sanitary way, of course)? I'm very poor, can't afford a vet.
>>
>>2162032
I'm sure you can afford a vet. There are plenty of shelters around larger cities that provide discount rates.
You can work out a payment plan if you can't find one of these clinics.
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A VET YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE GOT A DOG. YOU DENSE FUCK. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU GOT THE DOG FOR FREE.

TL:DR Go to a vet. figure something out. Don't fuck with your dog's ears. He will get an infection in his ear and things will much worse and much more expensive.
>>
I'm with the other poster on owning only if you can afford it, but that look slike the kind they have to get surgery for if it gets really big but otherwise probably won't bother them too much.

What's the breed? Also a vet can tell you if it's too big and whether or not you'll have to do something about it. Don't touch it, you might end up not needing to do anything for a while.
>>
Thanks for the advice.

>>2162038
He's a mix. Not sure of what. He's got the look of a lab, the size/shape of a corgi, and a tail like a shiba. I think he's about 3, but still looks like a puppy.
>>
Keep in mind vets are very different from people doctors in the sense prices can vary greatly. I used to go to a vet that charged a 32 dollar examination fee, and now I go to one with a 65 dollar fee. It's a 24/7 clinic, so I don't mind the premium. It's great to get early AM appointments.

Don't be afraid to shop around and find a vet who is more in your budget.
>>
>>2162032
> I can afford modern electronics and Internet access but can't afford to take my dog to a vet
You're a piece of shit
>>
Can you guys talk without insulting anyone make him understand no need to insult.
>>
>>2162097
Fuck you. Stupid people don't deserve to be coddled.
>>
You're the stupid one here.
>>
>>2162097
You do know what website you're on right?
>>
>>2162097
Kill yourself
>>
>>2162032

> Is it safe for me to puncture/squeeze (in a sanitary way, of course).

I'm with the other anons, but have you thought about this for more than one second? It's on the outside of the ear, that is not a fluid filled lump, it's a solid mass.

I'm going to guess it could either be a wart, a histiocytoma, a squamous cell carcinoma or anything along those lines.

Honestly, it could be something really benign, it could be something far worse- you have two choices, you leave it and monitor it, if it gets larger/starts to impair his ear movement then you'll NEED to get it seen, or you can get it seen to right now. I'm a vet student, and having seen many types of lumps like this, typically (and I'm not saying your vet wouldn't recommend this, providing a diagnosis or anything along those lines) we'd normally advise you to have it removed and send it to pathology.

Many owners will opt to keep an eye on it for a while, but then you essentially have a lump growing on your dog's ear that you don't know if it's malignant or not. Your choice, but as long as it doesn't affect the dog/cause any pain then that's fine as long as you're aware if it is malignant it will undergo metastasis.
>>
>>2162359
This. So much this.

Don't squeeze it or attempt to pop it or remove it yourself. Have a vet remove it and send it for testing. Your dog could have cancer.
>>
>>2162035
I couldn't be fucked but there needs to be some copy pasta thing in the sticky we can use to respond to these GO TO THE VET threads
>>
>>2162097
go back to tumblr or /co/
>>
my dog had them, that's a tumour mate.
>>
>>2162976
Honestly I'm having fun just berating these OPs and calling them trash and stuff
>>
Jesus christ OP what the fuck are you doing with your life. This thread has told you already but fuck me I just can't keep myself from typing:

For these types of things you go to the vet, this is fucking obvious. If you really dont have the money just give the vet whatever you do have and ask him to bail THE DOG out.

After this one dies, dont get a new pet unless your financial situation actually allows you to care for it pls.
>>
>>2162035
I almost feel like I'm back in an alt usenet group. You are rude as fuck over a wart on a dog and I feel nostalgia.
>>
When I was younger my dog had a something similar growing on the side of his snout. It grew from looking the size in your pic to being the size of a golf ball and a vet had to cut it cut off. He then had to get stitches and it was a big mess

Conclusion; go to your local vet and get them to cut it off before it grows big
>>
>>2162035
Dogs live and die every day vets are Jews. Do you keep a savings of possible med bills if you get hurt? Pleb.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.