[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't want him to go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: too young.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
too young.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
My mother just came home from the vet. got Spike (to the left) X-rayed, lower back and legs.
Apparently it's pretty bad. we may have to put him down. i don't want him to go, /an/, i don't know how to deal with this. he's my pupper. i picked him out, i named him, he's my closest friend i have. i don't want to lose him. how the fuck do i deal with this? we've had him for around 5 years now, he's only 6. he's too fucking young to just be put down. he's still fucking happy. his tail still wags and he still stares at you like a bumbling little retard. i don't want him to die.
>>
File: good boy.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
good boy.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>2161745
i don't know how to deal with this. I've had dogs before and they got put down, but those times were so... sudden. i didn't get to know about it. but now he's right there, it's hard. hard to accept, hard to cope.
>>
I don't understand. What is the problem with the dog?
>>
>>2161783
There's something wrong with his lower back and his left hind leg. supposedly he's in pain from it, but i haven't noticed anything like it from him. he's kind of stiff, though. so i suppose that has to do with it.
i still don't fully understand either.
>>
>>2161745
we need more details of what the dog has, then we'll be able to tell you if the dog should be put down or not
>>
>>2161788

Let me guess, german shepherd, bad hip dysplasia and early spondylosis?

Did you get him from a breeder that hip and elbow scored? If not, afraid you had this coming OP.

Sorry anon, rest in peace pupster.
>>
>>2161831
yeah, that's it. fuck.
>>
>>2161924

Do you have insurance? Surgery might be an option if the back isn't too bad, at least that would sort his hips.

Or, depending on how stiff he is, pain management might be an option. But, you'll be heading down the osteoarthritis route which is progressive. Not exactly a wonderful prognosis for a seven year old, and down to you as the owner r.e the ethics of it.

Sorry OP, you picked a breed that is a genetic recipe for this, and then went to s dodgy breeder that didn't hip score to avoid the issue. Have a long think, if you can't afford surgery, then make sure you sit down and discuss quality of life. The HHH scale is brill for a numerical value if you google it.
>>
>>2161945
I've talked to my mother, and we're gonna get therapy for him. if it goes poorly we have to put him down.
it's so fucking unfair, man. thanks for the response, though.
>>
I'm really sorry OP, I hope your dog can hold on for as long as possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 1190x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 1190x595
It's not your or your dogs fault that this happened you could have giveng him a healthier than normal diet and this still would have happened. It's just genetics

over the last 100 or so years quite a few dog breeds have been "ruined" all for the sake of "looking nice" for dog shows and German Shepards are one of them

I hope your dog can hang on for as long as it can. However if your dog does end up having to go I suggest you get a mutt it crossbreed they tend to live longer and have less Heath problems I've had a mutt that lived for 23 years and you can find story's of dogs that lived even longer on the Internet(even one that's currently 33 years old!). I know I sound a bit like an asshole for
Saying that...
>>
>>2161988
It's 100% op and op's parents faul for buying a broken ass dog
>>
>>2161831
>Did you get him from a breeder that hip and elbow scored? If not, afraid you had this coming OP.
Does that even matter at this point? Shut the fuck up, ya tard.
>>
>>2161783
>>
>>2162008
>actively trying not to learn and grow
>>
I am sorry for the pain you are going through. Enjoy the time you have left. I went through the same with my dog. They truly are man's best friend.
>>
>>2162013
so OP deserves the pain and suffering for being young and ignorant, and you in your age and wisdom are the person qualified to point that out?

this board needs an enema.
>>
If it's any consolation, OP, at least this is something that was kind of to be expected. It's apparently a common problem in your breed of dog. It's not like some random unfair "fuck you" sickness from God.

Like leukemia.

My last dog was stricken by that shit at the same age as yours. He was healthy as a horse before that, no genetic predisposition towards it, then suddenly one day he has a hard lump on his arm. A few months later, and he's on a cold metal table, barely even able to lick my hand as I pet him for the last time while the vet readies the needle.

I miss you, Marcus.
>>
>>2161988
thanks. i understand that it's genetics, but it still hurts that he might have to go, especially when he's so young still.

>>2162014
thanks anon. i hope he can go for a bit longer.

>>2162026
sorry for your loss, mate.
>>
>>2162017
Hey I didn't sell op the doomed dog or buy a sick dog and whine that it's sick. It was fairly easy not to do those things and I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>2162008
>doesnt matter
>op does it again
>>
>>2162007
The dog would have still been broken whether or not they got him, you fucking retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>2162017
I dont get it is that supposed to be an i sult or somthing?
Enemas are really healthy im glad you're looking out for our health anon
>>
>>2162008

At least this way OP now knows about hips/elbows scores and next time he chooses a dog (if he decides to go for another pedigree) hopefully this experience and his new knowledge will prompt him to buy a puppy from a responsible breeder that does all the relevant testing.

>>2161946

Hydrotherapy and pain management? Wish you the best of luck with it OP, but be aware he's now a ticking time bomb for osteoarthritis now too. I'm sure your vet will also recommend this, but keep him lean- the less weight he has on those joints the better really.
>>
>>2161745
Hip dysplasia or something else?
>>
I honestly don't understand. How the fuck is life with a bit of pain worse than death? My gran has arthritis, should we put her down too? Fight for your pupper, OP. Unless it gets to the point where he's in constant misery (which it likely won't, my German Shepherd had hip dysplasia and was ok until he got cancer) don't kill your dog.
>>
File: Jkfi9Ec.jpg (979 KB, 1704x2272) Image search: [Google]
Jkfi9Ec.jpg
979 KB, 1704x2272
It's not just the pain dude. It's the qual of life. I have chronic pain and I'm disabled from an accident. If i wasn't for reading shit and posting memes on the net, I would have ask my primary care for right to die too. 1 Cool aid drink, nomore bs gg wp.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.